Darkseid (Vs.) The Destroyer Armor / Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Don't think this thread's ever been done, and I thought this would be an awesome fight.....

The Destroyer Armor has been inhabited by Loki. He goes to Apokolips with the Destroyer Armor and tries to overthrow Darkseid and become the planet's new ruler. Can he do it? This is a non-jobbing Darkseid, Loki is determined to become the new monarch of Apokolips, and both combatents are blood-lusted.......let's say Loki is familiar with Darkseid, so he's not entering this fight blindsided.

Will the people of Apokolips have a new ruler or will Darkseid keep his throne????? Really curious as to what you guys think about this.......

Discuss.........................

bigbran
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Don't think this thread's ever been done, and I thought this would be an awesome fight.....

The Destroyer Armor has been inhabited by Loki. He goes to Apokolips with the Destroyer Armor and tries to overthrow Darkseid and become the planet's new ruler. Can he do it? This is a non-jobbing Darkseid, Loki is determined to become the new monarch of Apokolips, and both combatents are blood-lusted.......

Will the people of Apokolips have a new ruler or will Darkseid keep his throne????? Really curious as to what you guys think about this.......

Discuss......................... OE?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by bigbran
OE?

Will it affect the Destroyer Armor? Will the magical properties of the armor be affected at all? Especially if Loki's had time to prepare for the confrontation?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Will it affect the Destroyer Armor?
Is not essential to the Universe. It dies.

bigbran
Will it affect the Destroyer Armor? Yes.

Comicbook_kid
I think this would be close, because the Destroyer can travel through the air through self-levitation. The Destroyer can project bolts of energy of many different kinds, including an unknown form of energy that could shatter any known substance, including uru, the Asgardian metal from which Thor's hammer was made. The Destroyer can project magnetic energy and flames which can reach solar levels of heat. The Destroyer can transmute and rearrange atoms and molecules so as to change one form of matter into another. It can alter the density of matter and convert solid matter to liquid or vice versa:

The Destroyer's most formidable weapon is its disintegrator beam, which, it is said, can annihilate anything. To disintegrate something, the Destroyer lowers its visor; the destructive energy then builds atop the visor and fires outward from it.

So, what if the Destroyer's disintegrator beam hit Darkseid just as he unleashed his omega effect beams at the same time and the two clashed together???

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think this would be close, because the Destroyer can travel through the air through self-levitation. The Destroyer can project bolts of energy of many different kinds, including an unknown form of energy that could shatter any known substance, including uru, the Asgardian metal from which Thor's hammer was made. The Destroyer can project magnetic energy and flames which can reach solar levels of heat. The Destroyer can transmute and rearrange atoms and molecules so as to change one form of matter into another. It can alter the density of matter and convert solid matter to liquid or vice versa:

The Destroyer's most formidable weapon is its disintegrator beam, which, it is said, can annihilate anything. To disintegrate something, the Destroyer lowers its visor; the destructive energy then builds atop the visor and fires outward from it.

So, what if the Destroyer's disintegrator beam hit Darkseid just as he unleashed his omega effect beams at the same time and the two clashed together???

The Omega effect is a version of the source. The Omega effect can take the Disentegrator beam and send it to antoher time without ever having to actually fight against it, and then continue on it's path to the destroyer.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The Omega effect is a version of the source. The Omega effect can take the Disentegrator beam and send it to antoher time without ever having to actually fight against it, and then continue on it's path to the destroyer.

Didn't work on Heat Vision.

Is this Darkseid pre or post getting throttled by Superman?

bigbran
The Omega effect is a version of the source. The Omega effect can take the Disentegrator beam and send it to antoher time without ever having to actually fight against it, and then continue on it's path to the destroyer. That's not what Superman's heat vision said...

He makes a good point though... what would happen if they hit each other?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Heat vision would count as part of Superman.

Howard_Jones

no expression

Soujaboy

laughing laughing laughing hysterical

tjcoady
Didn't Wonder Woman's shiled deflect the the OE? The full one, can't remember it's name (Aegis Shield?). And isn't that a work of Zeus' magic? The Destroyer is definitly way, way, way, way more powerful than that, seeing as how it was the result of numerous skyfather's pooling their power, rather than the artifact of one skyfather.

Tron
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Didn't work on Heat Vision.

Is this Darkseid pre or post getting throttled by Superman?
Originally posted by bigbran
That's not what Superman's heat vision said...

He makes a good point though... what would happen if they hit each other?
Originally posted by tjcoady
Didn't Wonder Woman's shiled deflect the the OE? The full one, can't remember it's name (Aegis Shield?). And isn't that a work of Zeus' magic? The Destroyer is definitly way, way, way, way more powerful than that, seeing as how it was the result of numerous skyfather's pooling their power, rather than the artifact of one skyfather.

You guy must've missed the "non-jobbing" part.

tjcoady
Can anyone direct me to non-jobbing Thanos' showings?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Tron

So, pre-90's Darkseid? You are aware of the McDonald's incident, right?

tjcoady
wait, just looking at the darkseid respect thread. nevermind my last post

guy222
I think an even better match is Darkseid vs. Odin/Destroyer.

Nikkolas
Odin/dDestroyer is a small bit below Celestial level. That would equal to be 1000000000000000 miles above Darkseid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Odin/dDestroyer is a small bit below Celestial level. That would equal to be 1000000000000000 miles above Darkseid.

The same DS who collapsed a 5th of a universe and Stopped the Godwave wielding ares and hurt the AM and Imperiex and um swapped planets around the universe with nothing but thought? Hmmm. Wow.

Nikkolas
You go ahead and keep thinking Darkseid is Celestial level. We will all have a good laugh.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You go ahead and keep thinking Darkseid is Celestial level. We will all have a good laugh.

Did I say that any where in my post? I'm laughing at you for not knowing how to read.

Evangel94
The Destroyer armor wins, unless Darkseid has the power to affect the soul inside the armor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is the armor essential to the universe? It is more powerful than the Godwave?

Nikkolas
Well, aren't you cute, prtending to be smart.

Your great reply to my post about Odin and the Destroyer being many numbers above Darkseid because they can rival Celestials. So, stop being a *****. You were attempting to make DS look like he wasn't leagues behind the Celestials which he is.

[

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, aren't you cute, prtending to be smart.

Your great reply to my post about Odin and the Destroyer being many numbers above Darkseid because they can rival Celestials. So, stop being a *****. You were attempting to make DS look like he wasn't leagues behind the Celestials which he is.

NO actually I'm trying to make sure the suit is actually Leagues above DS. And DS was able to hurt the AM. Kirby DS isn't leagues behind the Celestials. no you stop being a *****.

UniOmni
Kirby DS was ugly and had a cape.

He's not the great cosmic god that you wish he was.

Since i consider Odin to be more powerful than DS, i'll say the Destroyer.

Evangel94
Is the armor essential to the universe? It is more powerful than the Godwave?

Essential to the Marvel Universe? Well it's been apart multiple Thor and Avenger's stories for about 2 or 3 decades now, so I'd say it's not going anywhere.

The Godwave? Well, At the armor's peak appearance it was battling Celestials (aka Above standard Galactus Level), and normally it has always been shown to be above skyfather level in terms of durabililty and sheer power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Kirby DS was ugly and had a cape.

He's not the great cosmic god that you wish he was.

Since i consider Odin to be more powerful than DS, i'll say the Destroyer.

OK so becuz you consider Odin to be more powerful than DS, We are all supposed to just take what you consider as law. Hah. i'm so glad i have my own mind and opinions. ANd Odin is not the great cosmic god that you wish he was. DS has absorbed literally thousands of pantheons of gods powers. So I have reason to believe that DS is who I "wish" he was. Since he did collapse a 5th of a universe, I am entitled to believe that he is the being that did these things. Get bent.

UniOmni
I just gave my opinion.

If you wanna live your life by it, then so be it.

But i didn't chose you as my disciple........remember that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
Essential to the Marvel Universe? Well it's been apart multiple Thor and Avenger's stories for about 2 or 3 decades now, so I'd say it's not going anywhere.

The Godwave? Well, At the armor's peak appearance it was battling Celestials (aka Above standard Galactus Level), and normally it has always been shown to be above skyfather level in terms of durabililty and sheer power.

The armor is not essential to the universe. It's not an abstract, nor is it protected by one. The God wave certainly is beyond the power of a celestial.

Evangel94
The armor is not essential to the universe. It's not an abstract, nor is it protected by one. The God wave certainly is beyond the power of a celestial.

Out of curiousity.

Tell me, how exactly do you see the celestials in terms of power in your mind?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Out of curiousity.

Tell me, how exactly do you see the celestials in terms of power in your mind?
They aren't Universal in power. They are above SkyFather lvl. Of course this is all in "my Mind" how do you see them in "your mind"?

darthgoober
When has DS ever wiped out someone who was more powerful than he with the OE?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
When has DS ever wiped out someone who was more powerful than he with the OE?

When has he ever faced someone more powerful than he who was not Essential to the universe? He doesn't even need the OE. he can trap the Armor in Time and Space like he did Ares. Or use his Massive TP abilities to drive Loki out of the armor.

darthgoober
When has he ever faced someone more powerful than he who was not Essential to the universe? He doesn't even need the OE. he can trap the Armor in Time and Space like he did Ares. Or use his Massive TP abilities to drive Loki out of the armor.
Since when does TP effect the Destroyer(it may have, but I can't recall an incident)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since when does TP effect the Destroyer(it may have, but I can't recall an incident)?

Has it ever been said that Tp can't affect the animator of the armor? And Hardening time and Space around the destroyer, which is considerably less powerful than the God wave, FTW.

darthgoober
Has it ever been said that Tp can't affect the animator of the armor? And Hardening time and Space around the destroyer, which is considerably less powerful than the God wave, FTW.
Do you have any scans of that particular feat? You bring it up constantly, so I figured I should check it out.

UniOmni

The Godwave in theory, is more powerful.

You mean to tell me, that a Celestial probably couldn't have contained Ares with the GW?

Ha!

And they aren't approaching universal levels of power?

Tell that to the Celestial with a universe contained within.

The Godwave is merely the pulse that empowered the superbeings, ie the Godlikes.

That means Kryptonians, Daxamites, Martians, and other demigods.

The Celestials are the actual Gods.

I wouldn't say the Godwave allows someone to defeat a Promethian Giant.

Why would it affect their brethren?

I'd give the Destroyer odds over Darkseid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do you have any scans of that particular feat? You bring it up constantly, so I figured I should check it out.

It's in the DS respect thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Godwave in theory, is more powerful.

You mean to tell me, that a Celestial probably couldn't have contained Ares with the GW?

Ha!

And they aren't approaching universal levels of power?

Tell that to the Celestial with a universe contained within.

The Godwave is merely the pulse that empowered the superbeings, ie the Godlikes.

That means Kryptonians, Daxamites, Martians, and other demigods.

The Celestials are the actual Gods.

I wouldn't say the Godwave allows someone to defeat a Promethian Giant.

Why would it affect their brethren?

I'd give the Destroyer odds over Darkseid.

Of course you would. But DS has hurt the Spectre. The destroyer is no Spectre. The Godwave wielder was able to push Takion beyond his limits. Takion High lvl Sky father and beyond.

Evangel94
Superman and Doomsday withstood the omega effect. Superman used heat vision to stop the omega effect as well.

Skyfather level attacks will not work on the Destroyer armor.

And besides the omega effect, what else could Darkseid do to stop the armor? Nothing really.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman and Doomsday withstood the omega effect. Superman used heat vision to stop the omega effect as well.

Skyfather level attacks will not work on the Destroyer armor.

And besides the omega effect, what else could Darkseid do to stop the armor? Nothing really.

The Omega Effect is not a sky father lvl attack. The Omega effect is part of the source. And Superman withstood the Omega Effect becuz he is essential to the universe. This would I assume include his powers as they come from him. Doomsday did not withstand the Omega Effect. He died and came back and surprise attacted DS. DS can do what I already said, use time and space to harder around the Armor and use his TP to dispel loki from the armor.

Evangel94
The Omega Effect is not a sky father lvl attack. The Omega effect is part of the source. And Superman withstood the Omega Effect becuz he is essential to the universe. This would I assume include his powers as they come from him. Doomsday did not withstand the Omega Effect. He died and came back and surprise attacted DS. DS can do what I already said, use time and space to harder around the Armor and use his TP to dispel loki from the armor.

Why would telepathy do anything? You need powers that affect the soul to harm the being in the Destroyer armor. Darkseid doesn't have that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why would telepathy do anything? You need powers that affect the soul to harm the being in the Destroyer armor. Darkseid doesn't have that.

Orly? How can he bring the dead back to life if he can't affect the soul? Besides, The Time/Space thing is a win for DS. After the armor stops moving completely, DS simply OE's it away.

Evangel94
Orly? How can he bring the dead back to life if he can't affect the soul?

Does he have soul based attacks that can bypass the armor and hurt the being inside the armor?

Plus your power has to be greater than the being inside the armor to dispell them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Does he have soul based attacks that can bypass the armor and hurt the being inside the armor?

Plus your power has to be greater than the being inside the armor to dispell them.

DS's power is easily beyond Loki's. And the OMEGA effect has been shown to simply go around or Teleport to the intended victim. Also, The Spectre is a soul being is he not? And he certainly was harmed by DS. I gather anyone can be hurt by the OE. Even Superman has been hurt by the OE. Maybe not killed, but certainly hurt by it.

Superherovandal
considering the fact that the Celestials just destroyed the Destroyer armor with no effort i'd say it was no were near Celestial level.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Superherovandal
considering the fact that the Celestials just destroyed the Destroyer armor with no effort i'd say it was no were near Celestial level.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering the fact the Destroyer had to face NINE celestials (the entire fourth host), it's a little presumptuous to make that call.

The Destroyer was a match for ONE celestial.... BUT was ganged up upon and was taken out by NINE of them.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1062/celestials001ed1.th.jpg

Superherovandal
but it was also powered by the entire Asgardian patheon including Odin and it had the Uni-Mind as well. whilst now it only has Loki and no Uni-Mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
but it was also powered by the entire Asgardian patheon including Odin and it had the Uni-Mind as well. whilst not it only has Loki and no Uni-Mind.

Thus making this battle as easy for DS as I have said all along.

Evangel94
but it was also powered by the entire Asgardian patheon including Odin and it had the Uni-Mind as well. whilst now it only has Loki and no Uni-Mind.

Yeah I know, I own the comic after all.

The uni-mind was taken out in one panel or two panels. The battle was almost entirely about the Destroyer.

You said that the Destoyer armor was Destroyed with "no effort". Which is a unfair without mentioning the Destroyer Armor was destroyed by NINE celestials. It gives people the wrong impression.

You should be looking at the fact that he Destroyer gave the celestials pause, and who else has done that? Although it didn't hold out against nine of them, who else could go up against nine celestials? The fact that the Destroyer is still around today is a testament to how invulnerable and duarable it is.

--------------------------------

And to nvrbeenwthagirl,

The Destroyer Armor always has a baseline power of above skyfather level regardless of how weak the person is inside.

Can can Darkseid's Omega Effect overpower the magic of the combined magic enchantment of EVERY pantheon on Marvel Earth? Considering Superman and Darkseid took the omega effect, probably not.

Plus how exactly is Darkseid going to defend against The Destroyer's destructive blast the blew a whole in the celestial barrier the fourth celestial host made?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah I know, I own the comic after all.

The uni-mind was taken out in one panel or two panels. The battle was almost entirely about the Destroyer.

You said that the Destoyer armor was Destroyed with "no effort". Which is a unfair without mentioning the Destroyer Armor was destroyed by NINE celestials. It gives people the wrong impression.

You should be looking at the fact that he Destroyer gave the celestials pause, and who else has done that? Although it didn't hold out against nine of them, who else could go up against nine celestials? The fact that the Destroyer is still around today is a testament to how invulnerable and duarable it is.

--------------------------------

And to nvrbeenwthagirl,

The Destroyer Armor always has a baseline power of above skyfather level regardless of how weak the person is inside.

Can can Darkseid's Omega Effect overpower the magic of the combined magic enchantment of EVERY pantheon on Marvel Earth? Considering Superman and Darkseid took the omega effect, probably not.

Plus how exactly is Darkseid going to defend against The Destroyer's destructive blast the blew a whole in the celestial barrier the fourth celestial host made?

A Superman is protected by the source. So he can't even be used. DS doesn't have to destroy the armor. A good Encasement will do. Or BFR. DS has destroyed Thousands of pantheons and absorbed thier power. Im sure he can over power all of Earths pantheons. The Destructive blast is a problem. But considering DS has survived a blast from the spectre and spectre>>>>>>>>>>>>the armor's beam, Yeah, DS wins.

darthgoober
A Superman is protected by the source. So he can't even be used. DS doesn't have to destroy the armor. A good Encasement will do. Or BFR. DS has destroyed Thousands of pantheons and absorbed thier power. Im sure he can over power all of Earths pantheons. The Destructive blast is a problem. But considering DS has survived a blast from the spectre and spectre>>>>>>>>>>>>the armor's beam, Yeah, DS wins.
Wait, I thought that Spectre's blast disintegrated DS?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, I thought that Spectre's blast disintegrated DS?

And he regenerated.

darthgoober
And he regenerated.
Not under his own power. The Source brought him back there's a difference.

Evangel94
A good Encasement will do. Or BFR.

By encasing the destroyer or using bfr, that just admits Darkseid can't destroy it head on.

DS has destroyed Thousands of pantheons and absorbed thier power. Im sure he can over power all of Earths pantheons.

Did Darkseid defeat all those thousands of Pantheons by himself or did he use his armies as well? And moreover did Darkseid defeat them all by himself at the same time? This is just between Darkseid and the Destroyer Armor with no armies to back Darkseid up.

And Marvel's Pantheons are not push-overs, they are a lot stronger than their DC counterparts. So could he take all of Marvel's Pantheons at the same time? No.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not under his own power. The Source brought him back there's a difference.

It's no differnt than Lobo's invulernability. IT's still a part of the character.

nvrbeenwthagirl
By encasing the destroyer or using bfr, that just admits Darkseid can't destroy it head on.

Did Darkseid defeat all those thousands of Pantheons by himself or did he use his armies as well? Did he defeat them all at the same time? This is just between Darkseid and the Destroyer Armor.

And Marvel's Pantheons are not push-overs, they are a lot stronger than their DC counterparts. So could he take all of Marvel's Pantheons at the same time? No.

Alot stronger than thier DC counter parts? where did you get this notion from? where is your proof? Also, DS absorbed the power of the pantheons he destroyed. THousands of them. So yeah, he can over power earth's pantheons' combined might.

darthgoober
It's no differnt than Lobo's invulernability. IT's still a part of the character.
It's totally different cause he didn't stand up to shit. He was disintegrated. Then an outside power brought him back. That's like saying that Drax and Firelord are immune to time manipulation, because Dr. Strange brought them back from the past when Thanos sent them to prehistoric times.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's totally different cause he didn't stand up to shit. He was disintegrated. Then an outside power brought him back. That's like saying that Drax and Firelord are immune to time manipulation, because Dr. Strange brought them back from the past when Thanos sent them to prehistoric times.

The point is, the destoyer cannot Put down DS. He is above being killed. So the beam won't work. Now how can the Destroyer win if it can't kill DS? It doesn't have any trapping kinds of powers like Tk or energy manip that I can remember.

Evangel94
Alot stronger than thier DC counter parts? where did you get this notion from? where is your proof?

Take DC's Odin and Marvel's Odin. Is Marvel's Odin alot stronger? Heck yea.

Take DC's Thor and Marvel's Thor. Is Marvel's Thor alot stronger? Heck yea.

Take DC's Hercules and Marvel's Hercules. Is Marvel's Hercules stronger? Heck yea.

The list goes on and on.

Also, DS absorbed the power of the pantheons he destroyed. THousands of them. So yeah, he can over power earth's pantheons' combined might.

Thousands huh? Funny, considering Darkseid jobs to Superman all the time. Looks like those thousands of DC Pantheon's really doesn't help. With that said, Absorbing the power of thousands of pantheons doesn't mean squat if most of them are weak push-overs by Marvel's standards.

darthgoober
The point is, the destoyer cannot Put down DS. He is above being killed. So the beam won't work. Now how can the Destroyer win if it can't kill DS? It doesn't have any trapping kinds of powers like Tk or energy manip that I can remember.
No he's not above being killed. He just comes back. Once again there's a difference. If the Destroyer disintegrates him, it's a win whether he comes back or not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Take DC's Odin and Marvel's Odin. Is Marvel's Odin alot stronger? Heck yea.

Take DC's Thor and Marvel's Thor. Is Marvel's Thor alot stronger? Heck yea.

Take DC's Hercules and Marvel's Hercules. Is Marvel's Hercules stronger? Heck yea.

The list goes on and on.

Thousands huh? Funny, considering Darkseid jobs to Superman all the time. Looks like those thousands of DC Pantheon's really doesn't help. With that said, Absorbing the power of thousands of pantheons doesn't mean squat if most of them are weak push-overs by Marvel's standards.

DC's Odin was able to banish the same surtur that stalemated Fate, Thunderbolt,and sentinal. weaker than Marvel Odin. You got me on that one since DC odin was able to beat a being who stalemated Dr. fate, and imp, and alan scot.

DC's Thor Beat barda, one of the strongest New gods. He doesn't have many feats, but he's certainly comparible to the Thor myth.

DC herakles doesn't have many strength feats. But he is immortal and a full God. He held up the island for like thousands of years. And DS jobbing to superman doesn't count. Superman is protected by the source.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No he's not above being killed. He just comes back. Once again there's a difference. If the Destroyer disintegrates him, it's a win whether he comes back or not. So it's really who shoots whom first. Becuz The OE will work on the Destroyer. It's not essential to the universe or protected by any abstract being.

darthgoober
So it's really who shoots whom first. Becuz The OE will work on the Destroyer. It's not essential to the universe or protected by any abstract being.
I ask again, how many times has been able to erase someone more powerful than him(as in, someone who he couldn't have beaten without erasing them)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I ask again, how many times has been able to erase someone more powerful than him?

I dont' see the armor as more powerful. Especially with Loki in it. Unless you think the armor is on the lvl of The anti-monitor, the spectre, or the Godwave. Those are the times when DS hasn't been able to just erase someone.

darthgoober
I dont' see the armor as more powerful. Especially with Loki in it. Unless you think the armor is on the lvl of The anti-monitor, the spectre, or the Godwave. Those are the times when DS hasn't been able to just erase someone.
Well see that's the real debate then. The Destroyer is no doubt less powerful than the beings you listed, but it IS at skyfather level. So the question becomes is it more powerful than DS when animated by Loki? I'm not really sure, but it IS possible, because it's way more powerful than Thor when it's just animated by a mortal.

Evangel94

It doesn't matter who is in it because EVEN if with a normal human, the armor is always above Marvel's skyfathers in terms of power and invulnerability. Putting Loki in it only feeds the armor's power a bit more.

The whole point of this is that the Armor IS more powerful than Darkseid. This is a direct side by side comparison, and the Destroyer armor takes it in all categories. Stop trying to reference DC characters that having nothing to do with this battle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It doesn't matter who is in it because EVEN if with a normal human, the armor is always above Marvel's skyfathers in terms of power and invulnerability. Putting Loki in it only feeds the armor's power a bit more.

The whole point of this is that the Armor IS more powerful than Darkseid. This is a direct side by side comparison, and the Destroyer armor takes it in all categories. Stop trying to reference DC characters that having nothing to do with this battle.

Well how do you gage if DS can hurt it if you don't gage who DS has hurt? HMM explain that one to me oh great one. I seem to remember many people referencing other characters with in the company the character comes from as a way to gage a battle that can never take place, such as this one. ANd if you want to do a side by side comparison, the armor doesn't stand up. DS has beaten the PRECRISIS SUPERMAN. He has destroyed Planets with just his presence, stood up to Highfather and rocked the universe with thier fight, Hurt the AM and The SPECTRE, and made the lords of Chaos and Order shut up in his presence.

Evangel94
Well how do you gage if DS can hurt it if you don't gage who DS has hurt? HMM explain that one to me oh great one. I seem to remember many people referencing other characters with in the company the character comes from as a way to gage a battle that can never take place, such as this one. ANd if you want to do a side by side comparison, the armor doesn't stand up. DS has beaten the PRECRISIS SUPERMAN. He has destroyed Planets with just his presence, stood up to Highfather and rocked the universe with thier fight, Hurt the AM and The SPECTRE, and made the lords of Chaos and Order shut up in his presence.

You're not comparing them! You're just listing feats! And I'm willing to bet most of those feats don't apply or only under special circumstances that your not mentioning fully just to make Darkseid look better because your arguing for him.

Pre-crisis Superman has nothing to do with this battle. It's not even the same Superman. DC jobs to current Superman and that's what matters because it is the most recent. The destroyer armor doesn't care about Darkseid's "presense".

You're supposed to look at these categories when making a decision.

1. Strength
2. Durability
3. Speed
4. Special Abilities

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're not comparing them! You're just listing feats! And I'm willing to bet most of those feats don't apply or only under special circumstances that your not mentioning fully just to make Darkseid look better because your arguing for him.

Pre-crisis Superman has nothing to do with this battle. It's not even the same Superman. DC jobs to current Superman and that's what matters because it is the most recent. The destroyer armor doesn't care about Darkseid's "presense".

You're supposed to look at these categories when making a decision.

1. Strength
2. Durability
3. Speed
4. Special Abilities

You don't have to look at the first three becuz this fight would never come down to that. That is why we are looking at number 4. The OE trumps the Disentigrator beam. Period. Also I guess you missed the part that says non jobbing DS. that basically means the Near Galactus lvl bad ass Precrisis, kirby version.

Evangel94
You don't have to look at the first three becuz this fight would never come down to that. That is why we are looking at number 4. The OE trumps the Disentigrator beam. Period. Also I guess you missed the part that says non jobbing DS. that basically means the Near Galactus lvl bad ass Precrisis, kirby version.

Invulnerability always plays a part. The omega effect working on the destroyer is debatable because it's nigh-invulnerable, but the disintergrator beam will definitly work on Darkseid. He has no defense against it.

And I must ask, when has Darkseid used the omega effect on someone whose absolutely more powerful than him and suceeded?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Invulnerability always plays a part. The omega effect working on the destroyer is debatable because it's nigh-invulnerable, but the disintergrator beam will definitly work on Darkseid. He has no defense against it.

And I must ask, when has Darkseid used the omega effect on someone whose absolutely more powerful than him and suceeded?

He used it on the Spectre and hurt him. He used it on the AM and Hurt him badly. These guys are so far beyond the Armor that He could do more than hurt it.

Evangel94
He used it on the Spectre and hurt him. He used it on the AM and Hurt him badly. These guys are so far beyond the Armor that He could do more than hurt it.

Galactus and Darkseid fought before. The Omega Effect failed and Galactus shrugged it off. The Omega Effect does have limits. Not to mention that Galactus was very hungry and weak in that issue and he still completely defeated Darkseid. If the Omega Effect failed to work on very hungry and weak Galactus, it's not going to work on the Destoyer Armor.

The Omega Effect failed to work on Superman, Doomsday, and didn't work at all on Galactus. Superman stopped the Omega Effect with heat vision before too. The Omega Effect does have limits. The Destroyer Armor will be protected.

The Destroyer can just pop open its lid and completely disintegrate Darkseid and anyone that's near him. Darkseid has no defense against it.

The only thing you have left to argue for Darkseid winning is the Omega Effect (which will not work). The armor is stronger and invulnerable to anything Darkseid can throw at all.

Darkseid on the otherhand is completely vulnerable to EVERYTHING the Destroyer Armor can do to him. Darkseid is completely outgunned here. You're just not getting it, and because of that I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you haven't read comics with the Destroyer in it before. Seriousely, you need the armor more alot more credit than what your giving it. They don't call it the "Destroyer" armor for nothing you know.

tjcoady
one thing... as to the Omega Effect being able to wipe out anything that isn't necessary for the universe, and the argument that since the Destroyer armor is not necessary for the universe, it would be destroyed... cross company battles are supposed to take place in a seperate universe entirely, for the purpose of the KMC fight... therefore, wouldn't it make sense that the special effects of the Omega Effect (IE wiping out non-essential parts of the universe) would not work the same as they would in the DCU? I'm new to this forum, it's just a thought.

Evangel94
Originally posted by tjcoady
one thing... as to the Omega Effect being able to wipe out anything that isn't necessary for the universe, and the argument that since the Destroyer armor is not necessary for the universe, it would be destroyed... cross company battles are supposed to take place in a seperate universe entirely, for the purpose of the KMC fight... therefore, wouldn't it make sense that the special effects of the Omega Effect (IE wiping out non-essential parts of the universe) would not work the same as they would in the DCU? I'm new to this forum, it's just a thought.

You got it exactly.

tjcoady
You got it exactly.

thanks smile

Bentley
Imperiex was able to withstand the Omega Effect, he was not necessary to the universe or whatsoever since Kismet wanted to took him down. Doomsday is still roaming around. The Omega Effect has limits and they dont have anything to do with "being necessary", that argument just doesnt hold.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bentley
Imperiex was able to withstand the Omega Effect, he was not necessary to the universe or whatsoever since Kismet wanted to took him down. Doomsday is still roaming around. The Omega Effect has limits and they dont have anything to do with "being necessary", that argument just doesnt hold.

We dont' know if Wanted to kill Doomsday or what. We have never seen the OE try to wipe someone from existance and it not work. People kill me trying to make that damn battle suit so ****ing powerful. what is the point of the suit against DS if people think it gets an auto win. Againt a NON jobbing DS. non Jobbing DS is above the suit any way. Get real. ALl the examples of people using against DS are what is called Jobbing DS. Read the OP. it says NON JOBBING DS. He wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You got it exactly.

WHAT PART OF NON JOB DS DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND?

qqqqqqq
I am just wondering did darkseid defeat Etrigan?

Bentley
We dont' know if Wanted to kill Doomsday or what. We have never seen the OE try to wipe someone from existance and it not work. People kill me trying to make that damn battle suit so ****ing powerful. what is the point of the suit against DS if people think it gets an auto win. Againt a NON jobbing DS. non Jobbing DS is above the suit any way. Get real. ALl the examples of people using against DS are what is called Jobbing DS. Read the OP. it says NON JOBBING DS. He wins.

Man, I didnt say word about the suit, I just said Imperiex took the OE, thats all. Its not my fault what other people say or not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Man, I didnt say word about the suit, I just said Imperiex took the OE, thats all. Its not my fault what other people say or not.

Imperiex was a bad example. Imperiex can beat Galactus. He's a big bang universe wiping creature.

Bentley
Thats hardly the point, the question was if someone more powerful than DS could take the OE, turns out its posible. Thats as far as I need to go to address the current topic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thats hardly the point, the question was if someone more powerful than DS could take the OE, turns out its posible. Thats as far as I need to go to address the current topic.

The suit is not more powerful than DS. it hasn't proven that it is. It may be more durable, but that's not more powerful. The only beings able to resist DS are either protected by the source( multiversal in power) or are at least Universal themselves. Doomsday died from the OE. He just happened to come back. unless the suit has the ability to ressurect itself, DS wins. I don't see the suit being on the lvl of Imperiex or the AM or Spectre. So the question was misleading and wasn't thought out. Yeah people more powerful than DS have resisted the OE. Universal killers and Multiversal powers. All of which, the UD is not.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tron

Bollocks!

What's the deal? If Darkseid ever loses it's because of jobbing? but if he wins it's because "he's Darkseid"?

This is like a bad poker players delusions that when he wins it's skill, but when he loses it's bad luck

erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Scoobless
Bollocks!

What's the deal? If Darkseid ever loses it's because of jobbing? but if he wins it's because "he's Darkseid"?

This is like a bad poker players delusions that when he wins it's skill, but when he loses it's bad luck

erm

So you don't think Thanos being scratched by Wolverine and knocked out by squirel girl is jobbing? Of couse it is. Or extreme PIS. DS losing is jobbing when it's any being less than High Father. Becuz High Father constantly has stalemated DS. Period. When you look at the history of the character and all of his accomplishments, how the hell can DS, stop a being like Ares with the Godwave, where Takion couldn't and Superman was but a spec in the debacle, and then turn around and lose to a 30 second sun amped Superman. It makes no sense.

Scoobless
So you don't think Thanos being scratched by Wolverine and knocked out by squirel girl is jobbing?

The Squirrel girl things are just for comedy value.... and there's no real reason to assume Thanos's skin is harder than adamantium ... he's been cut plenty of times before.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Squirrel girl things are just for comedy value.... and there's no real reason to assume Thanos's skin is harder than adamantium ... he's been cut plenty of times before.

What about the rest of the post. How can you not consider it jobbing when Superman " beat" DS, yet he was completely ineffectual against ares with the godwave, yet DS handled Ares rather Simply and powerfully? Could not DS Encase SUperman in Harderned Time and Space and drop him in the middle of a red sun?

Scoobless
I haven't read those ones so I can't comment..... but it does seem to be a recurring theme that everyone calls DS a jobber whenever he loses.... seems like if it happens that often that it should just be his normal level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I haven't read those ones so I can't comment..... but it does seem to be a recurring theme that everyone calls DS a jobber whenever he loses.... seems like if it happens that often that it should just be his normal level.

It hasn't happened often. That is the point. You ever heard of the Hell spawn known as Jeph Loeb? Before him, all DS losses were retconned as Avatars or Desaad using his godly power to pretend to be DS.

qqqqqqq
Are there any difference between Omega Beam and Omega Effect?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
Are there any difference between Omega Beam and Omega Effect?

Yes. Who knows what effect DS is going for. He maybe trying to hurt someone, turn them into a kid, teleport them away, kill them. He doesn't use the OE to erase everyone. SOmetimes he likes to toy with his enemy. Hurting them. Like with doomsday. He didn't go for the OE and wipe doomsday away. he jobbed alot and Omega Beamed him to show his superiority and hurt doomsday.

qqqqqqq
The OE is red in colour but the OE he used against the AM was blue explain that please.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The OE is red in colour but the OE he used against the AM was blue explain that please.

IT was transmitted from his wrealm into that wrealm thru Alexandor Luthor. Hence the changing of the color.

qqqqqqq
Darkseid, with a wave of his hand, projected his power through a hologram of himself, and effortlessly defeated Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and multiple other heroes --- Jack Kirby himself collaborated on this scene.

qqqqqqq
You can get pics of DS feats from this web http://www.geocities.com/uxaskhan/darkseidfeats1.html and i must say those are pretty good feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You can get pics of DS feats from this web http://www.geocities.com/uxaskhan/darkseidfeats1.html and i must say those are pretty good feats.

DS owns. But it might fall on deaf ears. sad

qqqqqqq
Compare feats of DS in the Kirby series and you will know how powerful he is.

qqqqqqq
Kirby's DS would have easily erased off destroyer but not the DS working at macdonalds.Btw it's just a comment correct me if i am wrong.

UniOmni
See the thing that NvrhdClue seems to be missing, is that we can't differentiate between Darkseid under Kirby or under Loeb.

Thats like saying Sacrifice doesn't count, since Loeb had Superman break Diana's gauntlets with little trouble, so even though Rucka had her stalemate "all out!!" Superman, then he was jobbing.

You can't do that.

Darkseid was chumped twice in less than half a decade by one man.

It lowers his average.

His other showings still count, but his average is somewhat shitty, do to poor writing.

You don't have to like it, but it happened.

qqqqqqq
erm so you mean mean destroyer ftw?

Evangel94
Destroyer ftw!

qqqqqqq
if we were to compare feats which of the both will have the better feats?

nvrbeenwthagirl
See the thing that NvrhdClue seems to be missing, is that we can't differentiate between Darkseid under Kirby or under Loeb.

Thats like saying Sacrifice doesn't count, since Loeb had Superman break Diana's gauntlets with little trouble, so even though Rucka had her stalemate "all out!!" Superman, then he was jobbing.

You can't do that.

Darkseid was chumped twice in less than half a decade by one man.

It lowers his average.

His other showings still count, but his average is somewhat shitty, do to poor writing.

You don't have to like it, but it happened.

With the Advent of IC, who knows if DS's losses really even happened.

nvrbeenwthagirl
if we were to compare feats which of the both will have the better feats?

The armor has some pretty impressive feats, When it's animated by many mighty beings. Loki in it isn't all that impressive.

qqqqqqq
i think in terms of physical battle, destryer wouldn't even have a chance against DS since DS has already since his prowess against the likes of superman and etrigan... but its just a comment you can add anything you like

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Destroyer Armor's best showings are when it's animated by very mighty beings and many of them at the same time. With that being said, DS wins this thread.

Howard_Jones

laughing

ctu_stylez
darkside gets owned, he is a BUM, chump, loser!

darthgoober
The Destroyer Armor's best showings are when it's animated by very mighty beings and many of them at the same time. With that being said, DS wins this thread.
You mean like it's first appearance when it was just animated by a single mortal, and it damn near killed Thor, and blasted Thor's hammer to pieces?

guy222
Originally posted by ctu_stylez
darkside gets owned, he is a BUM, chump, loser!

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
You mean like it's first appearance when it was just animated by a single mortal, and it damn near killed Thor, and blasted Thor's hammer to pieces?

That isn't as impressive as the examples people are trying to use to give it the victory in this thread. the examples they are using are when it was animated by very mighty beings like Odin.

Soujaboy
Hey guys, DS loses again!!!

darthgoober
That isn't as impressive as the examples people are trying to use to give it the victory in this thread. the examples they are using are when it was animated by very mighty beings like Odin.
Yes but your acting like that's the only time it's powerful. And that's wrong.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes but your acting like that's the only time it's powerful. And that's wrong.

NO i'm not. I'm just remembering the OP's premise of this battle. everyone else seems to forget that. the suit can't beat DS with loki animinating it. It won't even be able to beat Thanos with only loki animating it. Everyone else was so quick to jump on the band wagon of DS hateration or vexing me or both that they simply forgot the original op's battle ground setting.

Soujaboy
Disintegration beam FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Disintegration beam FTW

YOu do realize DS is completely Immortal right?

Comicbook_kid
YOu do realize DS is completely Immortal right?

Just because someone is "immortal" doesn't mean they still can't die...look at Marvel's Dracula. He's immortal too, but he can still be killed. He might come back somehow sooner or later, but he still can be destroyed. Being immortal just means they CAN live forever if they aren't killed. Doesn't mean they can't be killed or destroyed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Just because someone is "immortal" doesn't mean they still can't die...look at Marvel's Dracula. He's immortal too, but he can still be killed. He might come back somehow sooner or later, but he still can be destroyed. Being immortal just means they CAN live forever if they aren't killed. Doesn't mean they can't be killed or destroyed. [/QUOTE

DS cannot be destroyed. He is protected by the source.

UniOmni
He can be destroyed.

The Source'll just bring his ass back, is all.

Comicbook_kid
He can be destroyed.

Exactly!!!! wink stick out tongue

granzon
DS only chance is to find Lokis body and destroy it. Otherwise there is no way for him. imo

qqqqqqq
so you mean if the Disintegration beam hits DS it would have no effect on him? or the beam would disintergrate DS but the souce just brings him back to life?

qqqqqqq
i've heard that DS have super speed, is that true?

nvrbeenwthagirl
He can be destroyed.

How many times in all of comics history has DS been "destroyed" What kind of being and power did it take to do this? Nuff said. The Disintigrator beam is nothing compared to the power of the Spectre. Which to my KNowing is the only thing that has ever destroyed DS.

juggernaut66666
Matter and Reality manipulation will do the job.

qqqqqqq
some dude posted in darkeid vs odin that darkseid hasn't actually shown his true form in comics, and superman saw the new gods once via the boom tube. he said that the new gods were so big that to them galaxies are marbles and planets grains of sand. so does that mean all the while we have been seeing darkseid's avatar? if DS were to show his true form would he have easily defeated the destroyer?

nvrbeenwthagirl
some dude posted in darkeid vs odin that darkseid hasn't actually shown his true form in comics, and superman saw the new gods once via the boom tube. he said that the new gods were so big that to them galaxies are marbles and planets grains of sand. so does that mean all the while we have been seeing darkseid's avatar? if DS were to show his true form would he have easily defeated the destroyer?

DS and Highfather once fought in thier true forms and the planets around them were destroyed. All the new Gods are giants in thier true forms.

qqqqqqq
so does that mean true form DS would whack desroyer's @$$?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.