Karate Kid vs He Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
All out battle to the death.

Who takes it?

NiņoAraņa
hmmm, tough, my bets on KK though

cowboy
KK ftw

charlemagne9746
I'd say He-Man...one punch could put him in orbit. lol..I can't think of Karate Kid and not think of Daniel-san..and Mr Miagi...maybe some wax on-wax off would do He-Man in.

King Kandy
Karate Kid has "Super Karate".

That's too awesome to lose.

darthgoober
I think everyone is underestimating He Man. I think he could give KK a really tough fight. He's literally the strongest hero in comics(cause he's always as strong as he needs to be). And despite the appearance, he's also a very skilled warrior(KK has him beaten hands down, but He Man IS regarded as being the best warrior in the universe). His speed feats aren't abundant, but he once turned sand into glass by running on it. So I actually think this would be a pretty kick ass fight.

charlemagne9746
In the old cartoon, He-Man did display several speed feats. He once ran from an explsion, if I recall correctly. He seemed to running as fast as maybe Blurr did in the Transformer cartoons. His speed seemed just short of Quicksilver's. In the new cartoon...He-Man defeated the snake god, Serpos. The sword of power cut through the god effortlessly. I don't really know anything about the Karate Kid comic character..but, I'm he would be hard pressed to defeat He-Man.

darthgoober
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
In the old cartoon, He-Man did display several speed feats. He once ran from an explsion, if I recall correctly. He seemed to running as fast as maybe Blurr did in the Transformer cartoons. His speed seemed just short of Quicksilver's. In the new cartoon...He-Man defeated the snake god, Serpos. The sword of power cut through the god effortlessly. I don't really know anything about the Karate Kid comic character..but, I'm he would be hard pressed to defeat He-Man.
Well KK DID manage to stalemate PC Superboy, but I don't know the details of that fight, so I can't really judge by that.

DigiMark007
He-Man can become as strong as he needs to be for the challenge, has better reflexes and speed than most realize, stalemated the planet-moving Pre-Crisis Supes, and has some considerable energy manip via his sword.

KK bites it hard.

Hell, Scoob and I briefly considered Prince Adam for the current under-Thanos tourney.

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He-Man can become as strong as he needs to be for the challenge, has better reflexes and speed than most realize, stalemated the planet-moving Pre-Crisis Supes, and has some considerable energy manip via his sword.

KK bites it hard.

Hell, Scoob and I briefly considered Prince Adam for the current under-Thanos tourney.
That's funny, I actually went and got everyone of his comics just to see if he would work well. laughing

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
That's funny, I actually went and got everyone of his comics just to see if he would work well. laughing

I already have a bunch of his old stuff. He actually wouldn't be a bad choice, but there's at least a couple weaknesses that could be exploited rather easily...the main one being his lack of mobility/flight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by darthgoober

That's not funny dammit! ... we take this sort of thing seriously...

miffed

darthgoober
I already have a bunch of his old stuff. He actually wouldn't be a bad choice, but there's at least a couple weaknesses that could be exploited rather easily...the main one being his lack of mobility/flight.
Yeah but see I solved that by getting BD to agree to let me use Battle Cat as a mount, and just count him as a construct. The only reason I didn't pursue it, is because it's hard to gauge how powerful most of his opponents are. His fight with PC Supes is the only one with a definite level set. Actually I toyed with the notion of picking Skeletor as my category one pick also.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Skeletor's a badass. But that's a big problem with both of them...PC Supes is the only "normal" gauge we have of their power.

He-Man has a few ridiculous herald-type feats like throwing a meteor into orbit and lifting an entire city block, but his opponents all seem kinda "meh" to me.

darthgoober
Yeah, it's tough to gauge with those two. But here's a pretty cool strength feat I found for He Man...

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6076/13jr5.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1431/14zm5.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2721/15ue4.jpg

DigiMark007
Hehe. Yeah, that's when he was owned by Image (he's changed companies something like 4 times). I never saw that particular feat though...it's pretty cool.

I was never too impressed with the few issues I've seen of Image-HeMan. His Marvel and DC showings are generally better (and he uses his sword for energy purposes too...I've never seen him do anything but brawl in Image).

darthgoober
Hehe. Yeah, that's when he was owned by Image (he's changed companies something like 4 times). I never saw that particular feat though...it's pretty cool.

I was never too impressed with the few issues I've seen of Image-HeMan. His Marvel and DC showings are generally better (and he uses his sword for energy purposes too...I've never seen him do anything but brawl in Image).
Yeah but that's something else I worked out. I got batdude to let me use ALL of his appearances(Marvel, DC, and Image). I had He He Man set up if I decided to go with him.

DigiMark007
...yeah. With only 1 company there would never be enough showings. It would have to be all or nothing.

Blair Wind
well KK took him so stop giving him ideas here smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well KK took him so stop giving him ideas here smile

laughing out loud

It's cool. There's a reason we didn't pick him.

wink

Blair Wind
what reason would that be?....I mean....could uh....karate kid exploit this weakness? and if not what would he need to exploit it?.....cough

DigiMark007
what reason would that be?....I mean....could uh....karate kid exploit this weakness? and if not what would he need to exploit it?.....cough

...lol.

no expression

Yeah, good luck with that one.

wink

darthgoober
What are you considering KK for your pick or something?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.