The Phoenix Force vs. Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
I am taking the Phoenix Force. Lets hear from some Eternity winners smile

Xplosive
Phoenix Force

Howard_Jones
Which Phoenix? KMC Phoenix or Normal?

guy222
Normal

Madvillain
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
haha

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
or GalacticStorm Phoenix?

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
I am taking the Phoenix Force. Lets hear from some Eternity winners smile Phoenix has NEVER destroyed anything close to a universe on pannel, so exactly how is it going to defeat Eternity?
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
or GalacticStorm Phoenix? Ahhh, that explains things.. stick out tongue

grey fox
...*sigh*

Here we go again.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Galan007
Phoenix has NEVER destroyed anything close to a universe on pannel, so exactly how is it going to defeat Eternity?

You don't remember WOTC holding a universe, like it was nothing.
I don't think she would have a problem destroying it, right, when she did that. And I don't remember Eternity destroying universe on pannel, too.
PF takes this.

Galan007
Originally posted by Xplosive
You don't remember WOTC holding a universe, like it was nothing. You mean this:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3430/pf8zt1.th.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5156/pf9wr5.th.jpg

All she displayed was the ability to fix an injured universe that WAS NOT fighting back.

Does this imply that she could destroy an entire universe? no

Does this imply that if Eternity was hurt, she might be able to fix him? yes

I don't think she would have a problem destroying it, right, when she did that. What you think she can do means little to nothing.

Has she ever destroyed a universe on pannel? no

And I don't remember Eternity destroying universe on pannel, too.
PF takes this. What the f**k?

Eternity IS a universe, he is certainly not going to destroy himself. confused

Do I expect you to agree though? no

I mean your the guy that thinks:
Phoenix>LT

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xplosive
You mean this:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3430/pf8zt1.th.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5156/pf9wr5.th.jpg

All she displayed was the ability to fix an injured universe that WAS NOT fighting back.

Does this imply that she could destroy an entire universe? no

Does this imply that if Eternity was hurt, she might be able to fix him? yes

What you think she can do means little to nothing.

Has she ever destroyed a universe on pannel? no

What the f**k?

Eternity IS a universe, he is certainly not going to destroy himself. confused

Do I expect you to agree though? no

I mean your the guy that thinks:
Phoenix>LT

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Only what I found from you now and made sure that was always, you are like parrot, literally.

celestialdemon
Eternity wins. Phoenix has done nothing on panel to show that she can compete with Eternity in a battle.

juggernaut66666
Eternity creates a laser gun and kills Phoenix...

Galan007
Only what I found from you now and made sure that was always, you are like parrot, literally. ahhh, don't get angry just because I don't share your Phoenix beliefs. wink

Xplosive
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Eternity wins. Phoenix has done nothing on panel to show that she can compete with Eternity in a battle.

And now, what has Eternity done to take on Phoenix (destroyed a universe, no, he didn't, it wasn't on panel).
FP Galactus is supposedly equal to Eternity, but Phoenix defeated Galactus twice, once G was hungry, once he was not at all, but lost very easily. Although it was no FP Galactus (nor was Phoenix), but Marvel always gave impression that Phoenix is more powerful.
PF also saved Eternity.

Now, in that picture, was it Phoenix intention to destroy and squeeze a universe or to fix it (so it wasn't her intention to destroy it), because I have no doubt if she would have such intention, she would do it easily, but it wasn't, right?.

What feat has Eternity done to match the Phoenix Force.

juggernaut66666
Eternity borrows a shiar space gun and kills Phoenix game over.

Galan007
Eternity borrows a shiar space gun and kills Phoenix game over. laughing

Xplosive

Again, what feat has Eternity done to match the Phoenix Force, maby being healed by PF or held in her hand?

Thanos_THOTU
This is acually a good battle, if Eternity destroys the universe he dies as well, he's the enbodiment of the universe, and if there is no universe he is no longer the enbodiment of something.

I think Phoenix of the whiten crown would win, after all it was predicted that human would ultimately reach the level of powerful abstracts, and Dark Phoenix has been sated more than once to be the most powerful mutant.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
This is acually a good battle, if Eternity destroys the universe he dies as well, he's the enbodiment of the universe, and if there is no universe he is no longer the enbodiment of something.

I think Phoenix of the whiten crown would win, after all it was predicted that human would ultimately reach the level of powerful abstracts, and Dark Phoenix has been sated more than once to be the most powerful mutant.
And there are forces above the Presence called the External Forces. no expression

Thanos_THOTU
And there are forces above the Presence called the External Forces. no expression
Still ignoring that? -- Deluded fanbay ... Oh well roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Primal Force was stated to be second only to TOAA.

Galan007
Deluded fanbay fanbay?

Is that some kind of internet auction site? wink

Thanos_THOTU
fanbay?

Is that some kind of internet auction site? wink
Jupp, bid on this http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6641/lucifer75p34py1mv3.th.jpg
big grin j/k

Galan007
Jupp, bid on this http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6641/lucifer75p34py1mv3.th.jpg
big grin j/k Yeah you know my stance on that wink

juggernaut66666
big grin j/k
Yahweh is not the Presence only a part of him. no expression

Thanos_THOTU
The GEB refered to Yahweh as Presence when he showed Spectre true heaven.

juggernaut66666
The GEB refered to Yahweh as Presence when he showed Spectre true heaven.
Scan?

Mordum
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2692/uncannyxmen462page04xn0.th.jpg

"The very core of creation itself" "the heart of the phoenix"

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9766/paradisex03p05el6.th.jpg

"But the being that joined jean grey could not take its own life, for it was the Definition Of Creation. It simply could not"

I think its safe to say phoenix wins this.

Thanos_THOTU
Scan?
I have seen it plenty of times on the board, I'm trying to find it.

Lord Urizen
I'm unsure, because although Pheonix and Eternity have pretty good feat moments, they also fall under MAJOR PIS in many storylines.....

I like Pheonix better, so she wins :P

King Kandy
I don't know...

Regular Phoenix Fluctuates, KMC Phoenix is undervalued, GS Phoenix is Hyper-Powerful, and Xplosive Phoenix is even more powerful then that.

guy222
I like when my posts garner so many thoughts. Haha. But i like the Phoenix Force. She has the power to cut and regrow any part of the universe, as well as destroy it entirely, which is part of the Phoenix's purpose.

celestialdemon
Again, what feat has Eternity done to match the Phoenix Force, maby being healed by PF or held in her hand?

If healing Eternity is all you have, then that's nothing. Gamora rescued Eternity with Galactus' help. Does that make them more powerful than Eternity? And if holding Eternity (if that was really Eternity) in her hand is an indication of power, then that would mean the other avatars were more powerful than Eternity also, since they were big enough to do the same. Why do other avatars get owned by people nowhere near Eternity's power?

In a straight up fight, Eternity has only been defeated by uber-powerful beings like IG, HOTU, and the Infinites (although technically not a battle).

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mordum

Here's that same "heart of the phoenix/core of creation" place,

Jamie teleported Rachel and Betsy to the WHite Hot Room, then after a short while he begins to Morph the White Hot Room

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2512/j1ma3.th.jpg

He appears flying by an image of Captain Britain

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3619/j2hw6.th.jpg

Jamie Braddock with total control of the WHR ("Heart of the Phoenix"wink
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4193/j3cw1.th.jpg

Jamie Warps it into a Crystal like object.

pointandlaugh White Hot Room

"But the being that joined jean grey could not take its own life, for it was the Definition Of Creation. It simply could not"

This credits nothing to the Phoenix, since Jean has never destroyed, remade or created Eternity before, Phoenix can't win.

The most we have is the Phoenix Force consuming an alternate reality, (a What If) even Jean was destroyed by the Force.

Not that safe.

Howard_Jones
or GalacticStorm Phoenix? That's essentially what I meant by KMC Phoenix. It has a nice ring to it.

and it is never safe to mess with the Hierarchy that Mr. Master has shown us so accurately. He knows where you live. He's like Galactus. He has all the power he needs, but prefers to eat stuff rather than use it.

Mordum
Eternity has no feats. He sucks hes been punkd by everyone under the sun.

WhiteWitchKing
Eternity has no feats. He sucks hes been punkd by everyone under the sun.

Beat up both an enchanted Juggernaut and a Fear Lord at the same time in a gesture. That Juggernaut was using mystic blast and stalemating the FL, which happened to be Nightmare.

Who punked him aside from Dormammu? Even then if you consider PF lost to Magneto, Eternity's low end is still higher.

Evangel94
This is ridiculous. Eternity freaking wins.

The only abstract beings that completely surpass Eternity are Living Tribunal and The One Above All.

guy222
I would also the Infinites

Howard_Jones

Narrative Hyperbole. Not to be taken as fact.

Xplosive
I would like to see Phoenix Force against Eternity in a battle to the end, even if that would mean the end of 616 reality for good, even if we would never see 616 reality in a comic book ever again.

juggernaut66666
I would like to see Phoenix Force against Eternity in a battle to the end, even if that would mean the end of 616 reality for good, even if we would never see 616 reality in a comic book ever again.
I wouldn't because Phoenix sucks. no expression

Priest
Eternity borrows a shiar space gun and kills Phoenix game over.
holy crap laughing out loud

Bentley
Eternity wins, seriously I dont see how people can think otherwise.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Bentley
Eternity wins, seriously I dont see how people can think otherwise.

Because Eternity hasn't done greater feats than Phoenix.

juggernaut66666
Atleast he doesn't get his ass handed to laser guns.

Xplosive
Atleast he doesn't get his ass handed to laser guns.

That still doesn't give the win to Eternity.

juggernaut66666
I'm sure that Eternity is as strong as a laser gun....

Xplosive
I'm sure that Eternity is as strong as a laser gun....

Well, I am sure that also Galactus is stronger than a laser gun, but still lost to Phoenix.

Thanos_THOTU
Wasent Eternity raped by Dormammu?

guy222
I thought Eternity defeated the Dread One. Eternity smash. Haha

Lord S
Originally posted by Evangel94
This is ridiculous. Eternity freaking wins.

The only abstract beings that completely surpass Eternity are Living Tribunal and The One Above All. LT is not an abstract.

And yeah, Eternity>PF

Xplosive
Originally posted by Lord S
LT is not an abstract.

And yeah, Eternity>PF

Can already someone prove me, why Eternity>PF, what has he done to be E>PF.

Maby you Lord S can prove me?

jasonk3
Eternity FTW

Lord S
Can already someone prove me, why Eternity>PF, what has he done to be E>PF.

Maby you Lord S can prove me? Well considering you've offered nothing to prove the opposite, Eternity>PF stands.

The onus is on you, friend.

Xplosive
Well considering you've offered nothing to prove the opposite, Eternity>PF stands.

The onus is on you, friend.

Well, considering that PF has more and higher feats, PF>E.
Has Eternity even done anything to be close to when PF saved a unieverse, or even Multiverse ultimately (since M'Kraan crsytal would destroy all realites and since Universe was more then once mentioned also as a Multiverse), has he?

King Kandy
Wasent Eternity raped by Dormammu?
I don't know... Dormammu fought him, lost, borrowed some PIS and beat him the second time they crossed paths.

Lord S
Well, considering that PF has more and higher feats, PF>E.
Has Eternity even done anything to be close to when PF saved a unieverse, or even Multiverse ultimately (since M'Kraan crsytal would destroy all realites and since Universe was more then once mentioned also as a Multiverse), has he? Well here's the thing you don't understand...Eternity is a universe. Universes don't perform 'feats'. The fact that he happens to be the sum of an entire universe is 'feat' enough for me.

Whenever we see Eternity fight, it's only an aspect of Eternity. Not the entire universe.

What's the Phoenix? An annoyingly overrated excuse for an entity that got caged like a canary and bitchslapped by a simple Shi'ar weapon. How impressive. rolleyes1

Xplosive
Well here's the thing you don't understand...Eternity is a universe. Universes don't perform 'feats'. The fact that he happens to be the sum of an entire universe is 'feat' enough for me.

Whenever we see Eternity fight, it's only an aspect of Eternity. Not the entire universe.

What's the Phoenix? An annoyingly overrated excuse for an entity that got caged like a canary and bitchslapped by a simple Shi'ar weapon. How impressive. rolleyes1

Or Eternity bitchslaped by Dormammu. Phoenix has some low feats, but I don' remember her losing to any cosmic being (and when LT stopped her, he didn't defaet her, actully convinced her to leave). She defaeted Galactus rather easily (and Galatcus trembeled before Dark Phoenix and pretty much said that her power source goes beyond that of his, Eternity said Galactus to be his equal) and once easily destroyed Celestial hand (when she wasn't close experinced) and then they levead.

And PF more than once saved and healed the universe=Eternity and already manipulated him in the palm of her hands.

LordKaos
Phoenix wins! Eternity is the universe, but every time the universe dies (because of entropy) there is a cosmic spark(Phoenix) that reignites all creation. Phoenix like LT is not an abstract it's a given. The Phoenix by it's very nature ensured the rebirth of the next universe. Eternity is a punk who is afraid of the IG, yet no other "abstract" cosmic is.

tkitna
Phoenix drafts Wolverine into the fight and he beats Eternity.

guy222
In response to Xplosive, i believe Arishem true purpose was to let that world judge its own. I do like the Phoenix over Eternity. What comic did LT convince Phoenix to leave?

Xplosive
Originally posted by guy222
In response to Xplosive, i believe Arishem true purpose was to let that world judge its own. I do like the Phoenix over Eternity. What comic did LT convince Phoenix to leave?

Like I know, it was said who are these space God to judge our fate, then Pheonix came, destroyed his hand and Celestials leaved.

I don't remember the issue, anyway I don't remember well, did Phoenix wanted to destroy the world or something, then LT came, hold her in his hands and said to leave.
People then here on forum say and exaggarete he bitchslapped her like a canary and something, while there was no battle, he only asked her to leave, Phoenix leaved.

Lord S
Or Eternity bitchslaped by Dormammu. Phoenix has some low feats, but I don' remember her losing to any cosmic being (and when LT stopped her, he didn't defaet her, actully convinced her to leave). She defaeted Galactus rather easily (and Galatcus trembeled before Dark Phoenix and pretty much said that her power source goes beyond that of his, Eternity said Galactus to be his equal) and once easily destroyed Celestial hand (when she wasn't close experinced) and then they levead.

And PF more than once saved and healed the universe=Eternity and already manipulated him in the palm of her hands. You do realize the whole 'holding the universe in her hand' is figurative, right?

Galan007
edit.

King Kandy
That was a GS scam.

He cropped a scan to make it look as though LT was refering to Phoenix, when in fact LT was refering to the Stranger..... Mr. M provided several scans of this.

Nice try though.
No, Xplosive's talking about the scan where LT was holding Phoenix in his hand.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
No, Xplosive's talking about the scan where LT was holding Phoenix in his hand. Ohhh, my bad....

I still don't see how thats any sort of feat.

Xplosive
You do realize the whole 'holding the universe in her hand' is figurative, right?

Hm, how so?
What are you talking about?
And don't tell me now, do you know what is figurative, you do realize that she was literally holding it in her hands on pannel, right?
And she saved and healed Eternity.

Ohhh, my bad....

I still don't see how thats any sort of feat.

No, I didn't say as some feat, I only said that many here than goes how LT bitchslapped her (it happened more times here on forums, many times), while nothing happened and they then they greatly exaggerate.

Galan007
Hm, how so?
What are you talking about?
And don't tell me now, do you know what is figurative, you do realize that she was literally hodling it in her hands, right?
And she saved and healed Eterntiy.

No, I didn't say as some feat, I only said that many here than goes how LT bitchslapped her (it happened more times), while nothing happened
and they then they greatly exaggerate. Yeah I agree that LT didnt bitchslap her, but if he wanted to of course he could.

Xplosive
Yeah I agree that LT didnt bitchslap her, but if he wanted to of course he could.

You can say, but words don't count, so you can't know as I don't know.
PF had some low showings (as also Galactus let's say), but for LT to be mentioend as what he is and then what happened between him and others when they tried to stop Galactus, it was embrassing, and I don't know how coudl they write like that.

Ido
PF at her peak (maturity), is in charge of the rebirth and destruction of their designated realities.
While Eternity is the Universe, PF creates the Universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have only seen a few beings capable of threatening Eternity. Abraxas, MultiEternity, the IG(becuz it's wearer ultimately replaces Eternity as the universe), the UN, all consuming Galactus, and THOTU. When Pheonix is shown on panel Destoying a universe, then she will be a threat to Eternity as well. with in Eternity lies the UN. He knows where it is. Him and Big G are buddies. give me that UN. And fries Pheonix with it. Everything that is in Eternity is his to use. Including Scarlet witch, the cosmic Cubes, Molecule Man, The Celestials, and what ever else he can dream of. many things inside his universal body that are Multiversal or Universal themselves. I can't see her winning.

Ido
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I have only seen a few beings capable of threatening Eternity. Abraxas, MultiEternity, the IG(becuz it's wearer ultimately replaces Eternity as the universe), the UN, all consuming Galactus, and THOTU. When Pheonix is shown on panel Destoying a universe, then she will be a threat to Eternity as well. with in Eternity lies the UN. He knows where it is. Him and Big G are buddies. give me that UN. And fries Pheonix with it. Everything that is in Eternity is his to use. Including Scarlet witch, the cosmic Cubes, Molecule Man, The Celestials, and what ever else he can dream of. many things inside his universal body that are Multiversal or Universal themselves. I can't see her winning.

On panel, Eternity has not shown much as well. Speaking of what has eternity ever done except exist?

Lord S
I don't remember the issue, anyway I don't remember well, did Phoenix wanted to destroy the world or something, then LT came, hold her in his hands and said to leave.
People then here on forum say and exaggarete he bitchslapped her like a canary and something, while there was no battle, he only asked her to leave, Phoenix leaved. Ok who are these 'people', (if not figments of your imagination), you refer to?

I haven't seen anyone talk about bitchslapping when talking about the only known encounter between LT and PF.

I think when people talk about a potential LT vs PF fight, they refer to the idea that she'll be bitchslapped. Which is thoroughly believable...to pretty much everyone except you, who for some reason believes PF>LT. rolleyes1

Originally posted by Ido
PF at her peak (maturity), is in charge of the rebirth and destruction of their designated realities.
While Eternity is the Universe, PF creates the Universe. Nice try, junior.

What you silly little X-fanboys need to understand is that Phoenix doesn't create shit...she is part of the process, not the process.

Originally posted by Ido
On panel, Eternity has not shown much as well. Speaking of what has eternity ever done except exist? rolleyes1

Ido

nvrbeenwthagirl

id369

Lord S

celestialdemon

King Kandy

Evangel94
Eternity doesn't have to do anything on panel...it is the panel. That's what you can't seem to get your head around.

Agreed completely.

LordKaos
all i know is that my mother was instrumental in my creation, and although I'm bigger than her now she still will kick my ass because she is my mother and you don't hit your mom unless your some kind of punk *****, eternity gets spanked by his momma Phoenix!

id369
The Day I see PotWC lose to some one while she is in the Hot Room is the day, I admit that her universal reality warping feat was over hyped and hyperbole.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by LordKaos
all i know is that my mother was instrumental in my creation, and although I'm bigger than her now she still will kick my ass because she is my mother and you don't hit your mom unless your some kind of punk *****, eternity gets spanked by his momma Phoenix!

laughing Nice.

id369

I know, eternity is being seriously overated. But thats fanboism for you.

King Kandy
Originally posted by id369
The Day I see PotWC lose to some one while she is in the Hot Room is the day, I admit that her universal reality warping feat was over hyped and hyperbole.
Givin that she only did things in that room once, I don't think you're likely to see her do ANYTHING there again.

celestialdemon

So since we have yet to see the Vishanti lose to anyone in their realm, we can assume that they can defeat Eternity and the Phoenix in their realm?

LordKaos
she has done things outside of the room, if she had not then nobody would talk about her so much looking for something that can defeat her. eternity is afraid of anything in the universe that questions his position. He runs to LT whenever he can't cope, he's more powerful than you and I but not the Phoenix Force, the only force/being that survives the death of everything.

Lord S
she has done things outside of the room, if she had not then nobody would talk about her so much looking for something that can defeat her. eternity is afraid of anything in the universe that questions his position. He runs to LT whenever he can't cope, he's more powerful than you and I but not the Phoenix Force, the only force/being that survives the death of everything. I know you're feeling cozy as you're firmly planted in GS' rectum, but where on panel does it show the Phoenix Force creating Eternity?

LordKaos
kiss every square inch of my rectum, as i have said before and will say again GS and his opinion have nothing to do with me!!! Instead of me proving anything about Phoenix, why don't you prove to me she can't do the things she has done and will continue to do!

Thanos_THOTU
Why do I have a feeling of that Mr M is gonna bulldoze the fanboys here?

Evangel94
lol

The arguement is now exactly like:

Person A: You prove Phoenix has done those things!
Person B: No! You prove Eternity has done those things!

LordKaos
then let him come with his redundant scans of nothing, since everybody who takes up for Phoenix is either a fanboy or an acolyte of GS! you have invoked your god let him come!!!!

Lord S
kiss every square inch of my rectum, as i have said before and will say again GS and his opinion have nothing to do with me!!! Instead of me proving anything about Phoenix, why don't you prove to me she can't do the things she has done and will continue to do! Way to skirt the issue, entirely! But still, I must be persistent...where exactly is it shown that the Phoenix is the 'mother' of Eternity? Where is it even implied?

LordKaos
all over the place, ask your boy reed richards what sparks off all creation even he says it's the Phoenix or whatever you want to call it (his words not mine)

Lord S
That's it? That's your evidence? You're basing your belief on an off-hand comment? If you think that's enough to change the entire cosmic landscape of the Marvel Universe, then you're out to lunch.

Thanks for playing, junior...but you're going to need to insert another quarter to continue.

LordKaos
the marvel universe had no landscape until beings like the Phoenix came around of course that's my evidence, until such beings marvel was limited to earth and humanoid aliens, even Galactus wasn't what he was until after the creation of the Phoenix Force.

Lord S
Galactus wasn't what he was until after the creation of the Phoenix Force. WHAT??!!1

Care to elaborate?

LordKaos
no i won't elaborate if you have enough knowledge to refute everything i've said then use that same knowledge to refute what you quoted, I know what I'm talking about tell me about Galactus pre-phoenix.

Lord S
no i won't elaborate if you have enough knowledge to refute everything i've said then use that same knowledge to refute what you quoted Why beat around the bush? If you have knowledge, flaunt it...unless you're unsure of yourself and your knowledge. (I tend to think the latter).

Ok fine, I'll play your little game.

Galactus pre-Phoenix...pre-1976, threat on a universal scale.
Galactus post-Phoenix...post-1976, still a threat on a universal scale.

Now teach me what I obviously don't know or suspect...how does Phoenix tie-in to Galactus?

Come on now...you want to say what you feel. Go for it. You have knowledge, let's see it. Don't be afraid.

celestialdemon
no i won't elaborate if you have enough knowledge to refute everything i've said then use that same knowledge to refute what you quoted, I know what I'm talking about tell me about Galactus pre-phoenix.

Nowhere on panel has Phoenix been shown to create Galactus. If you have a scan (not bio) that shows Phoenix creating Galactus, I would love to see it.

Lord S
Nowhere on panel has Phoenix been shown to create Galactus. If you have a scan (not bio) that shows Phoenix creating Galactus, I would love to see it. AHH you bastard!!!1 big grin

Evangel94
Nowhere on panel has Phoenix been shown to create Galactus. If you have a scan (not bio) that shows Phoenix creating Galactus, I would love to see it.

What the f**k?

A big burning bird giving birth to galactus...such startling imagery.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Can phoenix Defender Herself against a combined assualt of Scarlet witch HOM, the UN, and the cosmic Cubes? Becuz all of these things belong to Eternity. Is pheonix more powerful than the infinites? Eternity Wrestled one back off of him. I can't remeber what book i read that in, but he did it.

Lord S
Originally posted by Evangel94
What the f**k?

A big burning bird giving birth to galactus...such startling imagery. laughing

Mr M must be loving this!

Lord S
Can phoenix Defender Herself against a combined assualt of Scarlet witch HOM, the UN, and the cosmic Cubes? Becuz all of these things belong to Eternity. Is pheonix more powerful than the infinites? Eternity Wrestled one back off of him. I can't remeber what book i read that in, but he did it. Avengers Infinity #4

nvrbeenwthagirl
Avengers Infinity #4

Thanks. Unless Phoenix is more powerful than the INfinites, she is not winning. and Unless she can withstand the power of the UN and HOM SW and some hand cubes. I can't see how she can win. Maybe I'm wrong tho. Is she as powerful as the LT?

Lord S
Is she as powerful as the LT? Well according to Phoenix-fanboys she is that, and can walk-n-chew gum at the same time.

WhiteWitchKing
Or Eternity bitchslaped by Dormammu.

Why don't you bring me a scan where Dormammu bitchslapped Eternity. I'm the biggest fan of Dormammu but I'll tell you that never happened. BOTH were gone and Dormammu ended up in another realm. At MOST Dormammu got a stalemate against Eternity.

Yeah because it's more humiliating being stalemated by Dormammu than getting raped by a starship or killed by Magneto.

Why don't you give me scans or point me to the issues. She beat weak Galactus. Your normal Galactus is still far below Eternity. LOL. Destroying a Celestial hand means what? The Destroyer has done that already.

manorastroman
phoenix "gave birth" to galactus in adventures of the x-men 12, the same comic where the brothers got retconned. it's questionably canon.

Lord S
Originally posted by manorastroman
phoenix "gave birth" to galactus in adventures of the x-men 12, the same comic where the brothers got retconned. it's questionably canon. Nope.

Not sure if you actually read the comic, or are just paraphrasing GS, but nothing happened in that comic to suggest that the Phoenix had any sort of role in Galan's transformation to Galactus.

In fact, NONE of the three versions I have seen of Galactus' origin show or mention the Phoenix. That X-Men issue shows a 'sentience of the universe' speaking to Galan...and in 'Thanos' #3, that 'sentience' is clearly shown to be Eternity...NOT the Phoenix.

Furthermore...when posed the question, (at another board), about a possible Phoenix connection to Galactus' origin, X-Men editor Andy Schmidt was totally flabbergasted...saying that he had never even heard of that scenario, and encouraged us to not put any stock in it.

So the evidence of the Phoenix having anything to do with the origin of Galactus remains elusive.

LordKaos
When the one of the many universes of 616 died the Phoenix put Galan in her womb (the comic egg) and created Galactus the big bang that is indeed responsible for marvel creation is sparked by the Phoenix. It's not fanboyism or anything else, it just is. The spark expands as it ignites flammable material, if it keeps going it will eventually ignite something explosive until there is a bang, then ashes, but in this metaphor the ashes are cleared and something new but similar is born.

Lord S
When the one of the many universes of 616 died the Phoenix put Galan in her womb (the comic egg) and created Galactus the big bang that is indeed responsible for marvel creation is sparked by the Phoenix. It's not fanboyism or anything else, it just is. The spark expands as it ignites flammable material, if it keeps going it will eventually ignite something explosive until there is a bang, then ashes, but in this metaphor the ashes are cleared and something new but similar is born. Ok, fine...what issue?

id369

Lord S
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Phoenix_Force Do you know what a wiki is?

id369

LordKaos
Not an issue Marvel character description. Marvel said the Phoenix saved everything by ENABLING eternity to preserve Galan, it calls her a child of the universe but if it meant eternity it would have said a child of eternity since it mentions him anyway.

Lord S

id369
Official Marvel website, yes...but it is a fan contribution...which for all we know could have been you writing it.

Nice pic, but bios that are not backed up by on-panel action are to be taken with a grain of salt.

BTW, those bios are primarily written by Jeff Christensen, (owner of marvunapp.com), not exactly a reliable source. I'll take the word of an actual Marvel editor over the word and interpretation of some geek running a website, any day of the week.

So you're playing the bio game too, huh? Surely you can do better.

Must be nice and warm to be parked in GS' anus...I trust his fecal matter tastes yummy!

Well since you want to take, on panel reference as the #1 source.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5126/uxm137pg018bb.jpg

I seriously doubt Eternity is the Creator.

And my question was not answered.
Currently PotWC resides in the Core of Creation, what can eternity do to PotWC while she resides their?

Lord S
Well since you want to take, on panel reference as the #1 source.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5126/uxm137pg018bb.jpg

I seriously doubt Eternity is the Creator. Hyperbole + Contradictory (to the established role of the Living Tribunal being second to the 'Creator') = hack writing.

id369
Hyperbole + Contradictory (to the established role of the Living Tribunal being second to the 'Creator') = hack writing.

Your opinions =/= fact.
Besides their can be any number of Nigh Omnipotent, but only one true Omnipotent.

Lord S
Your opinions =/= fact.
Besides their can be any number of Nigh Omnipotent, but only one true Omnipotent. What are you saying...LT is not no. 2? Even though he's been firmly implanted in that role for decades? This is not any sort of opinion...it's established fact.

Xplosive
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hold on... Phoenix is over THOTU now...

hystericalhystericalhysterical

No one said that, because THOTU is beyond Phoenix.

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Why don't you give me scans or point me to the issues. She beat weak Galactus. Your normal Galactus is still far below Eternity. LOL. Destroying a Celestial hand means what? The Destroyer has done that already.

True, but he still realized that Phoenix power source is greater then his own, so he knew Phoenix>Galactus and it doesn't matter in what state Galactus is.
He realizes that Phoenix potential goes beyond his.

WhiteWitchKing

True, but he still realized that Phoenix power source is greater then his own, so he knew Phoenix>Galactus and it doesn't matter in what state Galactus is.

LOL. Beyond his role? Guess what happens when Galactus dies? Abraxas! Guess what happens when Death doesn't exist? What happens when Eternity, Chaos, or Order doesn't exist? Galactus could've sucked that bird dry.

What potential? He realized it plays a role in the universe like all others and thus let it live.

WhiteWitchKing
Your opinions =/= fact.
Besides their can be any number of Nigh Omnipotent, but only one true Omnipotent.

Your contradicting yourself. Earlier you said.

Then show us where in the bio does it say the PF created the universe, Eternity, Galactus, Death, etc. Proof please. I see your digging up Galactus' bio, why not put Infinity, Death, and Eternity's. I'll bet you Phoenix isn't so much as mentioned being related to any of them.

Xplosive
LOL. Beyond his role? Guess what happens when Galactus dies? Abraxas! Guess what happens when Death doesn't exist? What happens when Eternity, Chaos, or Order doesn't exist? Galactus could've sucked that bird dry.

WTF. Galactus could dry him, when Phoenix allowed it, but was defeated before it easily. But I doubt Phoenix would die since it's completely indestructible force (and WTF, Galactus has no high feats as what he should represent and is that why Galactus was scared of Dark Phoenix and now to make clear about FP Galactus, it was said he is Eternity equal then and everyone is using that, but hey, we never saw FP Galactus, we don't know what he could do, never on pannel, so this forum shoud lstop using term FP Galactus, hej, Watcher said Phoenix is only second to the creator, while he knew about Galactus existence, right), it can never die, Galactus can, Eternity can, Eternity can even get sick, PF came to heal him.
And what happened when Galactus tried to absorb Phoenix, Universe began dying.
Phoenix died more then once, came back easily when it choses, always ressurected itself, while Galactus died and Richardsl had to come to resurrect him.
Galactus was defeated by Rachel (and it was normal Galactus,defeated extremely easily) and then said that Pheonix dry power from near-limitless source and doens't share Galactus problem.
It wasn't about role, but about greater power.

celestialdemon

Ido

id369

Xplosive
Know, my question still remains. What can Eternity do to PotWC while she is in the White Hot Room?

Nothing. Eternity can't reach WPOTC and can't do anything, while Eternity is in her reach, already proved.
Phoenix wins this, maby even easily.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nothing. Eternity can't reach WPOTC and can't do anything, while Eternity is in her reach, already proved.
Phoenix wins this, maby even easily.

Can the power of the UN reach her in the white hot room? If it can, she's toast.

Lord S
Please make an effort to read what I posted.
I never stated that LT =/= #2. No you said that my opinion (of LT being 2nd to the Creator) =/= Fact...nevermind the fact that's it's not an opinion, it's a solid fact.

Maybe making an effort to re-read your own post would do wonders for you.

Which is probably true...but the Phoenix ain't one of them. The fact that it can take a simple Shi'ar weapon to take her down is clear evidence...while nothing short of the HOTU bests an M-Body of LT.

id369
No you said that my opinion (of LT being 2nd to the Creator) =/= Fact...nevermind the fact that's it's not an opinion, it's a solid fact.

Maybe making an effort to re-read your own post would do wonders for you.

Which is probably true...but the Phoenix ain't one of them. The fact that it can take a simple Shi'ar weapon to take her down is clear evidence...while nothing short of the HOTU bests an M-Body of LT.

ok seriously, re-read my post.

and........WHEN, have I ever stated that Phoenix was Omnipotent?

Galan007
Know, my question still remains. What can Eternity do to PotWC while she is in the White Hot Room? What can Phoenix do to Eternity?

Phoenix has never been shown destroying anything close to an entire Universe, and she has been taken down by simple shi'ar weaponry.

To hype Phoenix up to where she is now more powerful then the embodiment of everyone/thing in a universe is rediculous.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well Eternity owns everything inside of him, including the Shiar weaponry that can get Pheonix right together.

King Kandy
Why would being in the "Core of Creation" help Phoenix in this battle?

Thanos_THOTU
ok seriously, re-read my post.

and........WHEN, have I ever stated that Phoenix was Omnipotent?
Omnipotence is relative and fleeting, for example: Eternity is omnipotent in his universe, he can do whatever he want in it, close some dimensions (Asgard, Dark Dimension, Mephisos realm, White Room) and recreate them at will, but only for as long as the Living Tribunal allows it.
So Eternity (whom is even stated to have infinite power) is omnipotent (has all power, in the universe) -- But only for as long as the Living Tribunal allows it ect.

White Phoenix is just a part of his universe in other words just a part of him. He could easiley aborb her.
Just like Thanos did with God's power to the Living Tribunal, since the Living Tribunal is nothing but a part of God. -- You could say he put himself together.

But the Phoenix Force is Multiversal, as the Primal Force (Host of the Phoenix's) -- So the combinded force might be able to close that universe down.

id369
omnipotent
adjective FORMAL
having unlimited power; able to do anything:
How can a loving, omnipotent God permit disease, war and suffering?

Source
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=55307&dict=CALD

From the definition above, I doubt Eternity is Omnipotent if he has to have The Living Tribunal Permission.

I believe there is an omnipotent being in the marvel comics.
TOAA, The Creator, The Writer Itself what ever you want to call it or how he has presented himself; I think they refer to the same person.

celestialdemon
omnipotent
adjective FORMAL
having unlimited power; able to do anything:
How can a loving, omnipotent God permit disease, war and suffering?

Source
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=55307&dict=CALD

From the definition above, I doubt Eternity is Omnipotent if he has to have The Living Tribunal Permission.

I believe there is an omnipotent being in the marvel comics.
TOAA, The Creator, The Writer Itself what ever you want to call it or how he has presented himself; I think they refer to the same person.

You're trying to apply a real-world definition to a comic book. Omnipotence in comics doesn't mean the same thing as omnipotence in real life. The Living Tribunal has called Warlock with the IG and Eternity omnipotent or all powerful. I believe it was the Shaper of Worlds who said there are levels of omnipotence when referring the cubes' powers to the Celestials.

Lord S
ok seriously, re-read my post. What is there to re-read? You vaguely stated that my opinion does not equal fact...when what I was talking about was in fact, fact.

Never...and when did I ever state that you stated that? The fact is a lot of Phoenix fanboys do believe that...ie. LordKaos, who has fallen in love with GS' exit hole in the process.

id369
You're trying to apply a real-world definition to a comic book. Omnipotence in comics doesn't mean the same thing as omnipotence in real life. The Living Tribunal has called Warlock with the IG and Eternity omnipotent or all powerful. I believe it was the Shaper of Worlds who said there are levels of omnipotence when referring the cubes' powers to the Celestials.

So your telling me that in Marvel Comics there are several Omnipotent characters?

celestialdemon
So your telling me that in Marvel Comics there are several Omnipotent characters?

According to the way Marvel applies the term, yes.

id369
According to the way Marvel applies the term, yes.

But not only that, Omnipotence is measured?

celestialdemon
But not only that, Omnipotence is measured?

According to the way Shaper stated it, there are "levels of infinity". Cosmic cubes such as he can do anything they wish. However, beings such as Celestials are on a higher plane of infinity. They can also do anything they want but at a greater level than the cubes.

Mr Master
eternity is afraid of anything in the universe that questions his position. He runs to LT whenever he can't cope,

The only time Eternity went to LT for help was during the Infinity Gem sagas.
(that would be TWICE, because of IG Thanos, and IG Warlock)

During the Thanos with THOTI, it was LT that recruitied Eternity and everyone,
in FACT, Eternity attacked Thanos w/THOTI on his own.

he's more powerful than you and I but not the Phoenix Force, the only force/being that survives the death of everything.

Not true.

"Those Entities don't care about this Universe, Entropy, Oblivion, Death, Life, they REMAIN CONSTANT through ANY Big Bang"
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9761/pcc9.th.jpg

The Abstracts survive the "death of everything"

Mr Master

WhiteWitchKing
WTF. Galactus could dry him, when Phoenix allowed it, but was defeated before it easily. But I doubt Phoenix would die since it's completely indestructible force (and WTF, Galactus has no high feats as what he should represent and is that why Galactus was scared of Dark Phoenix and now to make clear about FP Galactus, it was said he is Eternity equal then and everyone is using that, but hey, we never saw FP Galactus, we don't know what he could do, never on pannel, so this forum shoud lstop using term FP Galactus, hej, Watcher said Phoenix is only second to the creator, while he knew about Galactus existence, right), it can never die, Galactus can, Eternity can, Eternity can even get sick, PF came to heal him.

Completely indestructable? Then why did it scream in pain when the Entity's ship drained it? It's not indestructible. When did Galactus meet Dark Phoenix or feared it? It never happened. Watcher can say all he wants but that's not how the cosmic treat Phoenix Force. The Tribunal is second, then comes Eternity or Multi-Eternity if you want to get specific. LT has always been second to TOAA.

LOL. Which only leads one to conclude Galactus can eat Phoenix. Would you like to guess what happens if Galactus nullified Death, Eternity, Chaos, or Order? When Eternity was in a catatonic state, every hero and a handful of high end cosmic pissed their pants trying to save Eternity cause they knew the universe was in peril.

Coming back after 150 years is NOT EASY or when it choses.

LOL. The Force took over and fought while Rachel was unconcious. And Galactus is no where near Eternity. Normal Galactus is about one Celestial in power, and the Celestials came into being from Eternity's unconciousness.

WhiteWitchKing

Xplosive
What can Phoenix do to Eternity?

Phoenix has never been shown destroying anything close to an entire Universe, and she has been taken down by simple shi'ar weaponry.

To hype Phoenix up to where she is now more powerful then the embodiment of everyone/thing in a universe is rediculous.

That wasn't an answer to that question.

White Phoenix is just a part of his universe in other words just a part of him. He could easiley aborb her.

How, if she is in the White Hot Room. Yo don't know that and he wouldn't be able, while was already proved, Universe was in WPOTC reach.

And of course Eternity is not Omnipotent, as PF and LT are not.

Originally posted by Mr Master
The only time Eternity went to LT for help was during the Infinity Gem sagas.

Once he also went for help to the Phoenix Force.

Xplosive
Completely indestructable? Then why did it scream in pain when the Entity's ship drained it? It's not indestructible. When did Galactus meet Dark Phoenix or feared it? It never happened. Watcher can say all he wants but that's not how the cosmic treat Phoenix Force. The Tribunal is second, then comes Eternity or Multi-Eternity if you want to get specific. LT has always been second to TOAA.

I mean about tottally indestructible, ultimately PF always lives.

LOL. Which only leads one to conclude Galactus can eat Phoenix.

You do know PF wasn't eaten, and I really think PF wouldn't gone.

Coming back after 150 years is NOT EASY or when it choses.

It came back when it choses.

And anyway Galactus joke. He has even lower showings than Phoenix and not close such high showings as PF.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>