MAJOR bug in FFX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kadesh
I was trying to get the celestial weapon for tidus(caladbolg) and i have gotten all 3 items, sun crest, sun sigil(beat the chocobo race) and the celestial mirror and yet when i go to the NW section of the calm lands,

the guard is still standing there for some damm unknown reason and not letting me pass.
I have gone all over the internet and i have checked that i have done everything right in order to gain the caladbolg but still the guard blocking the pathway remains as several guides pointed and stated that he would be gone after gaining the 3 items and winning every chocobo race,

can any one please helpe me out? or is this possibly a bug in the game?

I am using FFX international by the way

IceJaw
'Where' are you in the story?

Kadesh
Right now im suppose to take the airship to goto bevelle after killing yunalesca

i Spent the entire day trying to win the chocobo race getting a time of 0 seconds, the guard still isblocking the guard

IceJaw
OK, beat the crap outta Yunalesca, get acces to the airship, beat Sin (so that you can fly into it to enter the last dungeon), after that, the guard should be gone.

Kadesh
i have beat yunalesca and got that sun crest, you mean even if i got the sun sigil, sun crest and celestial mirror i cant get the caladbolg until i beat sin?

I appreciate you help very much but is it ok you help me out?

I dont have to do the chocobo race again right? Took me 2 hours to beat it

IceJaw
Originally posted by Kadesh
i have beat yunalesca and got that sun crest, you mean even if i got the sun sigil, sun crest and celestial mirror i cant get the caladbolg until i beat sin?

I appreciate you help very much but is it ok you help me out?

I dont have to do the chocobo race again right? Took me 2 hours to beat it
Well most Celestial weapons mainly require that you have access to the airship and the that's when the dark aeons pop up all over the place, so yes.

k.

Not really, unless you want some rare items.

Kadesh
Well i already have the airship, and the guides did state that after winning the race, the guard will back down but he didnt

Lana
Do you have the Celestial Mirror? The chest won't even open without that, you many need it for the guard to move.

I'm pretty sure there's an FFX thread already but I can't find it, so I'll just leave this for now.

IceJaw
Wait, now that I think about it, I had the same problem, I don't remember how I solved the whole thing but I do remember that I had to talk to someone somewhere on the Calm lands, or maybe I just talked to him while riding a chocobo...hmm.

Lana
I haven't played FFX in years, and I never got Caladbolg anyway, I got fed up with freaking chocobo racing, and I don't have the International version, so yeah.

If you don't have the Celestial Mirror when you go to get past the guard though, that might be it.

Never mind, he has the Celestial Mirror, go my ability to read. In my defense, I just woke up stick out tongue

I...really have no idea.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Lana
Do you have the Celestial Mirror? The chest won't even open without that, you many need it for the guard to move.

I'm pretty sure there's an FFX thread already but I can't find it, so I'll just leave this for now.

ill explain my situation, i just killed yunalesca, got the sun crest, i have airship control but i havnt fought sin yet

Then i spend about 2 and a half hours trying to win the chocobo race, i got the sunsigil.

Then i won the other race to get the cloudy mirror and turned it into a celestial mirror,

According to several guides i checked, the guard blocking the path should have moved away once i win all chocobo races which i did, i went NW of the calm lands and the guardis still standing there ><

IceJaw
I haven't played FFX in years, and I never got Caladbolg anyway, I got fed up with freaking chocobo racing, and I don't have the International version, so yeah.

If you don't have the Celestial Mirror when you go to get past the guard though, that might be it.

Never mind, he has the Celestial Mirror, go my ability to read. In my defense, I just woke up stick out tongue

I...really have no idea.
Well, I haven't played it in years either, thought Tidus was a worthless fighter but I got his Celestial weapon anyway since I was planing to train him later, mostly cuz his and Wakka's overdrives were the only things that could bring down the 'Secret' secret aeons. Grew tired of the game and one year later I picked it up again to continue the training and the dark aeon beating.

"WARNING! SAVE FILE IS CORRUPT!" erm (Spent 250 hours playing that game btw)

Anywho, Kadesh, try going to that shiny forest where you charge the celestial items to see if you maybe have to charge up the mirror too/again.

Lana
I've just gone and looked it up.

Did you win all the races before getting the Celestial Mirror?

If so, you just need to go and win the races again. The guard won't move unless you have the Celestial Mirror when you do the races.

Originally posted by IceJaw
Well, I haven't played in years either, thought Tidus was a worthless fighter but I got his weapon anyway since I was planing to train him later, cuz his and Wakka's overdrives were the only things that could bring down the 'Secret' secret aeons. Grew tired of the game and one year later picked it up again to continue the training and the dark aeon beating.

"WARNING! SAVE FILE IS CORRUPT!" erm

Anywho, Kadesh, try going to that shiny forest where you charge the celestial items to see if you maybe have to charge up the mirror too.

US version of the game doesn't have the Dark Aeons. Which I really want to fight erm

IceJaw
Those things are almost impossible to beat, especially Yojimbo, Anima and those bug sisters. And after you beat all of the dark aeons and all the special monsters at that monster tamer's (or whatever he is) place you get to fight some huge monster/machine named Punisher or something aboard the airship. That thing is just sick!

Kadesh
Do i have to beat the irritating get 0.00 race all do All of them all over again?

Lana
Nope, just need to win all the races. You only need to get the 0.00 time for the Sigil.

Kadesh
I've just gone and looked it up.

Did you win all the races before getting the Celestial Mirror?

If so, you just need to go and win the races again. The guard won't move unless you have the Celestial Mirror when you do the races.

US version of the game doesn't have the Dark Aeons. Which I really want to fight erm lol dark aeons, i got wtf pwnd by valefor and after you kill them, you will fight the hardest boss ever called

Penance, check it out on youtube

IceJaw
Penance, check it out on youtube Oh, that's what it's called.

EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32QrneLeTo&mode=related&search=

laughing out loud That's why I love Yojimbo

Kadesh
Nope, just need to win all the races. You only need to get the 0.00 time for the Sigil. i already have the sigil, but which race do i race? the baloons or the one at remiem temple

Lana
i already have the sigil, but which race do i race? the baloons or the one at remiem temple

All four chocobo races in the Calm Lands, not the Remiem Temple one.

Though I'd recommend doing the Remiem Temple race again and going for the treasure chests, you can get some kickass rare items that way.

Originally posted by IceJaw
Oh, that's what it's called.

EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32QrneLeTo&mode=related&search=

laughing out loud That's why I love Yojimbo

Holy crap, that's awesome laughing out loud

Kadesh
damm. that is going to be like another 2 hours of racing, it takes alot of patience, thanks for the advice smile

Kadesh
Yessss got it! thanks for the help guys. Now i cant get aurons masamune because if i try, i get attacked and wtf pwned by the dark aeons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.