Zatanna vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
For curiosity's sake.

They fight in a well-lit ventilated 150 m cubed adamantium room, starting at opposite corners.

Standard rules etc. Bloodlust.

1. Pre-Extremis
2. Current

Discuss.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He looses both.

Galan007
Zatanna is VERY powerful.

I don't see how Ironman in any version could beat her.

Brian Oswald
tahw dnik fo slleps sah nnataZ enod ni eht tsap??

grey fox
Tlem !

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
tahw dnik fo slleps sah nnataZ enod ni eht tsap??
Co-signed.

Brian Oswald
Can she say anything? like "ied!" and it happens?

Soleran
Maybe Extremis if he is faster then her

Validus
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Co-signed.
I'm going to guess you didn't read that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe Extremis if he is faster then her he must be really fast if he can outrun magic confused

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Galan007
he must be really fast if he can outrun magic confused but if he can hit her before she speaks....

Evangel94
The only way I see Iron Man winning is if he can take her out before zatanna is able to say anything, similar to what deathstroke did. But judging from the distance they start apart from each other, that is very unlikely.

Outside of that, I don't see Iron Man winning.

Galan007
but if he can hit her before she speaks.... They start out 150m away from eachother.

So that is very unlikely.

Brian Oswald
They start out 150m away from eachother.

So that is very unlikely. yes

Darth Vegas
Doubtful IM could cover that distance in time.

Zatanna FTW.

Mindship
They start out 150m away from eachother.

So that is very unlikely.

What about his beam weapons? Zatanna can incant faster than light/near-light speed?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindship
What about his beam weapons? Zatanna can incant faster than light/near-light speed? He still has to make a conscious thought to use his weapons.

Evangel94
The only scenario I see Iron Man taking out Zatanna is.

The match starts off:

Zatanna starts speaking...

Iron Man launches missiles toward her the second the match starts off..

Zatanna takes Iron Man out with her first sentence.

Then it's debatable if she can speak a backwards sentence before the missiles close in on her location and take her out.

Brian Oswald
the thing is that with Extremis he has greatly enhanced reflexes and he would respond before she would. He would start by shooting something like a beam at light speed and it would most likely hit her before she could say anything or she'd be in the middle of saying something.

Howard_Jones
Essentially it would be words vs arsenal here, though I give the edge to Zatanna.

Brian Oswald
Pre-Extremis- Zatanna 10/10
Current- Zatanna 7-8/10

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
For curiosity's sake.

They fight in a well-lit ventilated 150 m cubed adamantium room, starting at opposite corners.

Standard rules etc. Bloodlust.

1. Pre-Extremis
2. Current

Discuss.

1. its takes a fraction of a second to say the world 'dleihs' or 'eid', so i gotta say zatanna...

2. Same again...

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Validus
I'm going to guess you didn't read that.
Oh Just realised it was written backwards stick out tongue

Evangel94
Originally posted by pr1983
1. its takes a fraction of a second to say the world 'dleihs' or 'eid', so i gotta say zatanna...

2. Same again...

Doesn't Zatanna need to be more specific other than just saying "die"? It might backfire and work on her instead.

Although I'm not doubting she could taking Iron Man out. But how would she avoid a double KO?

Blair Wind
You guys DO realize that Zatanna's backward speak is just a concentration tool, and gimmick. She has said this before. She CAN use her spells without them erm
Plus even if she just said die, well she knows where she is directing the magic towards.

She could just say stop, and everything from Ironman would stop including his missles and himself

pr1983
Originally posted by Evangel94
Doesn't Zatanna need to be more specific other than just saying "die"? It might backfire and work on her instead.

Although I'm not doubting she could taking Iron Man out. But how would she avoid a double KO?

Originally posted by Blair Wind
You guys DO realize that Zatanna's backward speak is just a concentration tool, and gimmick. She has said this before. She CAN use her spells without them erm
Plus even if she just said die, well she knows where she is directing the magic towards.

She could just say stop, and everything from Ironman would stop including his missles and himself

pretty much what bw said is what i would have answered with...

Evangel94
Out of curiousity...

What's the greatest feat shes done by herself with her magic?

xmarksthespot
pretty much what bw said is what i would have answered with... It's also an homage to her father.

Validus
Out of curiousity...

What's the greatest feat shes done by herself with her magic?
Some people would say she forced Spectre to appear before her in Infinite Crisis. I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation.

I still think her handling of Despero after he embarrassed the JLA was pretty elite.

pr1983
It's also an homage to her father.

it is? coulda sworn it was her mother... messed

I still think her handling of Despero after he embarrassed the JLA was pretty elite.

it was... though red tornado did soften em up for her... stick out tongue nah... she did a pretty sweet job of stopping despero...

Draco69
Her greatest feat to my mind was bringing the entire city of Metropolis back to life after it had been been destroyed. EVERY living thing that was destroyed was brought back to life and everything was as it was before it got nuked.

She just waved her hand and everything was okay again. Nobody even remembered the crisis.

Evangel94
What I'm trying to get at is does she have enough consistant feats to gauge her power. Is their a ceiling limit to her power?

Is she even capable of stopping time? Moreover, can she do it over two football fields away? 150m squared, at opposite corners, they are about 212 meters away or just over two football fields away. Can she even see him at that distance?

I'm not doubting she could stop Iron Man with a word or two, but is she fast enough to stop some of his near lightspeed attacks?

Because of the way this battle is set up, whoever gets their first shot off wins. And while she may put down Iron Man, it seems like there's a good chance that she could get hit with one of Iron Man's weapons in mid-speech or mid-sentence making it either a double KO or a victory for Iron Man depending if she was able to say something to put Iron Man down before he hit her.

Mindship
the thing is that with Extremis he has greatly enhanced reflexes and he would respond before she would. He would start by shooting something like a beam at light speed and it would most likely hit her before she could say anything or she'd be in the middle of saying something.
It would hit her faster than she could even think. So it really is a question of whose neurocognitive system works faster (who could think the first thought to make the first move faster), and that sounds like Extremis to me.

Someone with this type of advantage could take out a much more powerful opponent.

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Her greatest feat to my mind was bringing the entire city of Metropolis back to life after it had been been destroyed. EVERY living thing that was destroyed was brought back to life and everything was as it was before it got nuked.

She just waved her hand and everything was okay again. Nobody even remembered the crisis.

i'd whistle in astonishment if i knew how...

Draco69
Zatanna doesn't appear to have a "ceiling limit". Like Doctor Strange, she's a plot-device character who can do whatever she wants when the plot calls for it.

Again, she doesn't have to SAY the words. That's primarily out of homeage to her father AND for the reader so they know what the hell's she doing. Much like Vixen's recent sudden need to say the name of the animal she emulates. Vixen's prior appearances show that's not a needed requirement.

Extremis Iron-Man can win if he manages to get an attack in first hand. However Zatanna only needs to think what she wants to happen to Tony for it to happen. Hell, by thinking she wants Tony to die, he will die.

Draco69
i'd whistle in astonishment if i knew how...

Her other greatest feat was in Seven Soldiers of Victory. She altered the fundamental laws of the entire multiverse by allowing the soldiers to move into place allowing the defeat of Sheeda.

pr1983
Her other greatest feat was in Seven Soldiers of Victory. She altered the fundamental laws of the entire multiverse by allowing the soldiers to move into place allowing the defeat of Sheeda.

i have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds impressive... stick out tongue

nah, i'm teasin, thats pretty damn impressive...

Mindship
Zatanna doesn't appear to have a "ceiling limit". Like Doctor Strange, she's a plot-device character who can do whatever she wants when the plot calls for it.
That's why I never liked "magic." disgust

Extremis Iron-Man can win if he manages to get an attack in first hand. However Zatanna only needs to think what she wants to happen to Tony for it to happen. Hell, by thinking she wants Tony to die, he will die.
But if she's up against an opponent who can think faster, she dies.

xmarksthespot
But if she's up against an opponent who can think faster, she dies. So long as the totality of the opponent's attack can be executed faster than her own, regardless of the faster mental processing ability of the opponent.

Draco69
That's the problem with Zatanna. She possesses a sort of "wishing" power. Anything she wishes becomes reality. By wishing the death of Tony since it is a bloodlusted match, she can possibly kill Tony in the first second of the battle since her intention is to kill him.

Evangel94
disgust
But if she's up against an opponent who can think faster, she dies.

To add on to that,

Extremis Tony's armor reaction time is in syncronization with the speed of his thought processes and since Tony's reaction time is on super human levels it means that....Iron Man's a helluva fast quickdraw.

Tony had to build an entirely new armor to keep up with his newfound reaction speed.

Mindship
You can also think of it this way...

The human brain operates at about 200 hertz. Your personal computer is probably running at >1,000,000,000 hertz, or more than 5 million times faster. Imagine what Extremis processing speed must be like. Couple that with an enhanced muscle-skeletal system...

...Zatanna's neural impulses (and there Are neural impulses even in executing a wish) are gonna seem like the slowboat to China by comparison.

Darth Vegas

Where the hell was she when Hal Jordan needed her?

Draco69
Superman was more important. no expression

bigbran
Is Zatanna wanted to say pots, would she say stop, and vice-versa... no expression

Howard_Jones
If she said Stop, it would be kinda funny for a bunch of pots to instantaneously fall on her head. big grin

DarkCrawler
Extremis could theoretically take her out before she could form a thought in her head...

Bentley
Ironman can win this as long as he can speedblitz her (meaning if the distance allows it and most likely only with the extremis armor)

stormfront13
i think it's time for a respect thread

don't shiv
Ironman's target is protected by an enhanced aura,

previously someone said the brain operates at around 200 hertz, computers around 1 000 000 000 hertz

and then theres Relativity .

in a life of death situation a human skydiver in freefall will proccess a myriad of emotions, sensations, technical data in a slither of a second and adjust his flight path accordingly simultaneously

a magical being like Zatanna with a wishing power and an enhanced aura who thinks at the speed of magic will crucify Iron Man.

Mindship
Has it ever been stated that Zatanna thinks at the "speed of magic" (how fast is that anyway?--has That ever been stated)?

And has it been stated that she has a protective field always around her?

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by stormfront13
i think it's time for a respect thread I was just looking for one stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
I have a question. What if Zatanna wanted a racecar? Would that work?

That's nothing. I can beat the JLA as long as they're all together and I'm by myself. The JLA as a team are as worthless as pesos as long as they're fighting one person.

jacobo0o
iron man repulsor blast is light speed
wont that be able to take care of zatanna before she does some magic?
and slade whooped zatannas ass why cant iron man beat her?
hes only a million time faster then slade

Darth Vegas
Even if Zatanna has an enhanced aura around her, can a repulsor blast penetrate it?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Even if Zatanna has an enhanced aura around her, can a repulsor blast penetrate it?

Deathstroke's fist seemed to be able to penetrate it.

Darth Vegas
So much for her "enhanced aura".

jrodslam
Deathstroke's fist seemed to be able to penetrate it.

She didnt have it on. That fight was a joke anyways. Horrible.

King_Mungi
Good lord, in the same issue Deathstroke easily beat Flash and Green Lantern. Not the best story showing their abilities.

xmarksthespot
If anyone seriously thinks Deathstroke taking on Zatanna, Kyle and Flash as well as a bunch of other JLA members, isn't complete crap... then they need their head checked.

Avalonofthewind
Zatanna wins.

"Pots" is all she needs.

Darth Vegas
Let's face it, anything that occurs in a comic book could be considered complete crap.

Some more than others.

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Let's face it, anything that occurs in a comic book could be considered complete crap.

Some more than others. Like "magic," a carry-over from preschool fairy tales and wish fulfillment, wherein "anything can happen."

Bah, humbug. I hate magic.

Howard_Jones
Here's how the fight goes:

Zatanna: Why is there a guy in Armor speeding toward me?

Iron Man: DIE!

Zatanna: Pots

*Iron Man stops dead in his tracks, and Zatanna walks up to him*

Zatanna: Why on earth were you speeding toward me?

Iron Man: Some wierdo named Xmarksthespot on KMC told me to.

Zatanna: This is why you don't listen to people on forums when they tell you to do something. Nruter!

*Stark returns to the MU*

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I have a question. What if Zatanna wanted a racecar? Would that work?

yes...

pretty much true...

Originally posted by jacobo0o
iron man repulsor blast is light speed
wont that be able to take care of zatanna before she does some magic?
and slade whooped zatannas ass why cant iron man beat her?
hes only a million time faster then slade

it really pisses me off how people on this forum (not you in particular, im just using that post as an example) really don't seem to realise how fast the speed of light actually is...

if tony's blast was light speed, then he pretty much wouldnt miss... EVER. nobody has faster than light reactions (maybe the flash, and a few other incrediblty powerful beings). iron man's blasts may be fast, but i don't believe for one second that they're faster than light...

If anyone seriously thinks Deathstroke taking on Zatanna, Kyle and Flash as well as a bunch of other JLA members, isn't complete crap... then they need their head checked.

definitely...

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Here's how the fight goes:

Zatanna: Why is there a guy in Armor speeding toward me?

Iron Man: DIE!

Zatanna: Pots

*Iron Man stops dead in his tracks, and Zatanna walks up to him*

Zatanna: Why on earth were you speeding toward me?

Iron Man: Some wierdo named Xmarksthespot on KMC told me to.

Zatanna: This is why you don't listen to people on forums when they tell you to do something. Nruter!

*Stark returns to the MU*

bashing = bad...

jacobo0o
it really pisses me off how people on this forum (not you in particular, im just using that post as an example) really don't seem to realise how fast the speed of light actually is...

if tony's blast was light speed, then he pretty much wouldnt miss... EVER. nobody has faster than light reactions (maybe the flash, and a few other incrediblty powerful beings). iron man's blasts may be fast, but i don't believe for one second that they're faster than light...

i just remember reading it somewhere i ll try to find out where

don't shiv
In Detective The D.K. watches on as a trio of thugs clean out penguin at poker Bat busts them, returning Penguins capital.

Turns out the thugs kidnapped themselves a Magician and had him orchestrating/predicting the poker game by wireless.

Batman "you let them capture you, you could have left at any time."

The Mage "yeah I thought, what the hey ripping off a gambling joint sounds interesting, though it took them long enough to get their act together!"

Deathstroke schooling Zatanna, more like Zatanna was fooling around maybe field testing a fetish spanking fantasy or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.