Darkseid vs Thanos h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
No energy blast or exotic powers. However, they CAN amp up their physical abilities if they are able(I don't know if DS does this, but Thanos does).

Who takes it?

Evangel94
Doesn't Thanos have a personal forcefield that can withstand multiple barrages of Odin's blasts and energy and a one full force blast from Galactus?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Evangel94
Doesn't Thanos have a personal forcefield that can withstand multiple barrages of Odin's blasts and energy and a one full force blast from Galactus?
No forcefield either. Just them throwing down man to man.

nvrbeenwthagirl
DS is stronger, Thanos is more Durable. Tie.

Thanos_THOTU
Man I like both of these characters and I consider them equals ... I'd say tie.

Wally West
I'd tend to go with Thanos if it was purely HTH. He trained Gamora, the best female HTH fighter in Marvel, and when he faced Champion, possibly the best male fighter in Marvel, he was dodging all his attacks and landing his own hits and fighting very smart. Hes also beaten an entire army single handedly in close quarters combat, fought Thor with the power gem using mainly his fists etc. Hes very skilled in that department.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Man I like both of these characters and I consider them equals ... I'd say tie.
No ties. They fight until one goes down(even if it takes centuries).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober

Then this would go down to which character people like better and wouldnt' have anything to do with thier feats. They both have rediculous displays of Physical power.

darthgoober
Then this would go down to which character people like better and wouldnt' have anything to do with thier feats. They both have rediculous displays of Physical power.
Why does it have to be who people like better? Why can't a debate be based of what they've demonstrated?

Wally West
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/RichD51/ThanosDarksied-Lim.jpg

wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why does it have to be who people like better? Why can't a debate be based of what they've demonstrated?

Becuz they both have rediculous displays of strength and Durability. But one could always bring in silly stuff like DS got beaten by SUperman or Thanos got scratched by Wolverine.

darthgoober
Becuz they both have rediculous displays of strength and Durability. But one could always bring in silly stuff like DS got beaten by SUperman or Thanos got scratched by Wolverine.
Thanos got cut once. DS lost 3 times AFTER the recton.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos got cut once. DS lost 3 times AFTER the recton.

DS has also taken a face shot from Lobo who broke his hand, beaten superman waaaaaay more times than he's lost, and beaten many beings. It's really just comes down to who people like more. Becuz that is what it's always going to come down to.

Priest
Interesting...how is Darkseid stonger confused ...
thanos is also a more skilled fighter

They both have rediculous displays of Physical power.
Wat rediculous physical powers DS shown?

darthgoober
DS has also taken a face shot from Lobo who broke his hand, beaten superman waaaaaay more times than he's lost, and beaten many beings. It's really just comes down to who people like more. Becuz that is what it's always going to come down to.
Why do you always think that it comes down to who people like more? That's always your excuse when people don't agree with you. I have absolutely no problem giving someone I like the lose to someone I dislike.

Howard_Jones
Thanos. This would probably be similar to the Champion fight. Thanos making a fool out of Darkseid.

Thanos_THOTU
Then Thanos, mainly because of that picture Wally posted laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why do you always think that it comes down to who people like more? That's always your excuse when people don't agree with you. I have absolutely no problem giving someone I like the lose to someone I dislike.

I am entitled to believe this. But if you like, people can post displays of physical power. I dont' know that DS even likes to hand to hand fight that much. he almost never needs to.

darthgoober
I am entitled to believe this. But if you like, people can post displays of physical power. I dont' know that DS even likes to hand to hand fight that much. he almost never needs to.
But the h2h fighting is the subject at hand so....

olympian
Darkseid loses.

Thanos will go for the eyeknobs straigth for the kill, like the bastard he is.

And there is no farm house for Darkseid to hide and attack. Again.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by olympian
Darkseid loses.

Thanos will go for the eyeknobs straigth for the kill, like the bastard he is.

And there is no farm house for Darkseid to hide and attack. Again.

You said Eyeknobs.

big grin
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/DarkseidGlad.jpg

Kurash
both are incredible powerful and durable, i consider them both to equals in there prime form, but a big portion of that is Darkseids OE, and Im also guessing that Thanos can power himself up if need be, so i guess i would have to give the edge to him, but i still think it could possible go either way, like a thanos 6/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Kurash
both are incredible powerful and durable, i consider them both to equals in there prime form, but a big portion of that is Darkseids OE, and Im also guessing that Thanos can power himself up if need be, so i guess i would have to give the edge to him, but i still think it could possible go either way, like a thanos 6/10

i agree with 6/10 thanos. i still can't can't the ds out of my head who was punished by supes and ko'd in a couple shots by doomsday . . .

i'm not gonna say thanos is necessarily more skilled than ds, though. ds showed some great h2h skills against orion . . .

Kurash
doomsdays a true beast, but i really think that scene was more for shock factor to show what supes and DS were really up against, i dunno, doomsday takin him out like that just doesnt make sense, i like to believe there is a time lapse and to fought for a long time but were only seen one or two shots

roughrider
I'll side with Thanos, because Darkseid has trouble keeping his temper in combat, getting angry and emotional and thus losing his focus. Thanos is very cool-headed.

TricksterPriest
Compared to Thanos, yes. But DS has shown he can hold his temper when necessary. I don't count his getting KOed by Supes. That was bullshit PIS writing. Darkseid is tough, but minus the omega effect, he's going down. Thanos is the biggest regular threat to the cosmos, 2nd only to Galactus. DS losing to Doomsday is not PIS. Doomsday is just that god damn tough. I think DS could have a good match with Doomsday and it would be an epic one, but ultimately, Doomsday would beat Darkseid. Back to the main match, Thanos is far superior in unarmed combat and battle tactics when compared to DS. And I'm not knocking DS at his best, I'm just pointing out that feat-wise, Thanos is that much better. The tyrant fight shows how Thanos can hold his own against superior foes. Darkseid is good, so I'll say 6/10 Thanos. but it could go both ways. I personally favor 5-6/10 Thanos. Maybe 5 for both of them, if different enviroments are used.

Bentley
Thanos wins the mayority, he is a very accomplished fighter and uses hand to hand combat rather often.

Kutulu
Thanos will take the majority here. He can and does amp up his physical strength and durability on a regular basis; he's become a master of doing so (Silver Surfer can also potentially amp up his strength and durability, but rarely seems to do so). Thanos is just much better at using the powers he has, and using strategy in his fights. Thanos is just an excellent fighter all around, and has studied numerous fighting styles for years, travelling around from galaxy to galaxy just studying fighting techniques.

Darkseid rarely has need to do this, and doesn't seem like the type that has been off his homeworld that much to study fighting techniques; in fact it seems rather beneath him to bother with that, as he has his Omega beams and his strength and durability are already immense, so why bother?

Thanos 8/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_146.htm

OneDumbG0
Out of curiousity, anybody have a link to a Darkseid respect thread?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Out of curiousity, anybody have a link to a Darkseid respect thread?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/366402-the-darkseid-respect-thread

Howard_Jones
http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_146.htm

No fight with Jellyrobes having the first opinion is worth reading.

snoopdogg
This is a fight that could go either way imo. And is it true all of Seid's losses to Superman were just avatars? Though Marvel hasn't really jobbed out Thanos yet I'm sure they will sooner or later.

Thanos is a pale immitation of Darkseid actually.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/DarkseidandThanos.jpg

darthgoober
Originally posted by snoopdogg
This is a fight that could go either way imo. And is it true all of Seid's losses to Superman were just avatars? Though Marvel hasn't really jobbed out Thanos yet I'm sure they will sooner or later.

His original loses to Supes where rectoned, but he's lost 3 times since then and those are still valid.

UniOmni

I actually prefer Darkseid to Thanos, but he's no longer an imitation who pales in comparison to the original, when he's generally more respected overall than said original.

Thanos 6.5/10.

When its all about who's feared more, the loser is always the guy who gets the least intimidation points.

Thanos has surpassed Darkseid.

Howard_Jones

That is quite possibly the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Thanos and Darkseid are radically different. no expression

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
That is quite possibly the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Thanos and Darkseid are radically different. no expression I was quoting the text from the scan Albert.

Wasn't it obvious?

Howard_Jones
I was quoting the text from the scan Albert.

Wasn't it obvious?

Lamest. Line. Ever.

Wally West
I think Thanos was originally intended to be similar to Darkseid but the character has developed so much since his early days they are now nothing like each other.

Soljer
Thanos will win the majority.

boriquaking55
I'd give Thanos an edge based on his training of Gamora - and she's one of best H2H combatants in all comics.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It really comes down to How Tuff DS is and How strong he is. He doesn't really rely on Hand to Hand. Tho he has been known to throw down with the likes of HighFather and Make the cosmos shake, and battle Orion for Weeks on end. We also know that Lobo Once punched DS in the Face and hurt his hand. And that DS was able to kill WW with one back hand. If this is non Jobbing pre loeb DS, I give it to DS. if it's Job DS, Thanos wins. P.S. DS is able to kill sky fathers. Thanos is not.

King Kandy
Thanos wins a slight majority.

Evangel94
I'm going to have to give it to Thanos for the majority, whether the majority be slight or a lot.

juggernaut66666
Thanos he uses great tactics in fights.

nvrbeenwthagirl
barring the Superman PIS fights, DS cannot be defeated physically. This would be a stalemate if it was pure Hand to Hand.

Evangel94
barring the Superman PIS fights, DS cannot be defeated physically. This would be a stalemate if it was pure Hand to Hand.

You can't bar his Superman fights. If that's the way DC wants to portray Darkseid, you have to accept it.

guy222
No energy blast or exotic powers. However, they CAN amp up their physical abilities if they are able(I don't know if DS does this, but Thanos does).

Who takes it?

thanos' mind far superior

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
You can't bar his Superman fights. If that's the way DC wants to portray Darkseid, you have to accept it.

Actually I can according to KMC forum rules. PIS and CIS is not allowed. How can Superman even fight DS When many times before DS has owned Superman. ALso given the fact that DS owned Earth Angel Supergirl who was many times superior to superman in strength. He also completely ignored Lobo's punch. WHO is superman's stalemate sometimes better. Also, True DS is 300 ft tall. how did superman manage to actually fight DS anyway in his true form? And Currently DC is portraying DS as a ruthless God who can strip away the memories and powers of other Gods.

Kutulu
Actually I can according to KMC forum rules. PIS and CIS is not allowed. How can Superman even fight DS When many times before DS has owned Superman. ALso given the fact that DS owned Earth Angel Supergirl who was many times superior to superman in strength. He also completely ignored Lobo's punch. WHO is superman's stalemate sometimes better. Also, True DS is 300 ft tall. how did superman manage to actually fight DS anyway in his true form? And Currently DC is portraying DS as a ruthless God who can strip away the memories and powers of other Gods.

If Superman beat him once, then you could claim PIS.

3 beat-downs, and getting thrashed by Doomsday? It's no longer PIS, it's just how DC decides to portray DS, like it or not. Trust me I don't like it either, it's just how Darkseid has been written as of late.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
If Superman beat him once, then you could claim PIS.

3 beat-downs, and getting thrashed by Doomsday? It's no longer PIS, it's just how DC decides to portray DS, like it or not. Trust me I don't like it either, it's just how Darkseid has been written as of late.

As of Late, DS has owned all the New Gods, is far more powerful than any previous version and has the ability to create Multiple Pocket Realities. This is how DC is written as of late.

Bentley
He doesnt get any better at h2h though.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by Wally West
I'd tend to go with Thanos if it was purely HTH. He trained Gamora, the best female HTH fighter in Marvel, and when he faced Champion, possibly the best male fighter in Marvel, he was dodging all his attacks and landing his own hits and fighting very smart. Hes also beaten an entire army single handedly in close quarters combat, fought Thor with the power gem using mainly his fists etc. Hes very skilled in that department.

I agree he beats current Darksied,who doesn't nearly have the strength to hurt Thanos, where as Thanos has the strength to hurt Darksied. But Thanos dies horribly against Great Darkness Saga Darksied.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.
I agree he beats current Darksied,who doesn't nearly have the strength to hurt Thanos, where as Thanos has the strength to hurt Darksied. But Thanos dies horribly against Great Darkness Saga Darksied.

Where is current Darkseid if you dont' mind me asking.

Doctor S.T.D.
I if it's Job DS, Thanos wins. P.S. DS is able to kill sky fathers. Thanos is not.

I disagree, Thanos and probably the Surfer at full power could probably waste Zeus (Whose is ragarded as one of the most powerful Skyfathers).

Doctor S.T.D.
Where is current Darkseid if you dont' mind me asking.

Getting beaten reguraly by Sundipped Superman, and having equal power to a bunch of Amazons. This versions looses eventually.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Getting beaten reguraly by Sundipped Superman, and having equal power to a bunch of Amazons. This versions looses eventually. You sir are behind the times. DS is Currently on Earth and has literally destroyed the 4th world and wiped the new Gods minds clean and depowered everyone.

Doctor S.T.D.
You sir are behind the times. DS is Currently on Earth and has literally destroyed the 4th world and wiped the new Gods minds clean and depowered everyone.

No thats only in the seven soldiers. The real Darksied is on Apokolips 'cleaning out the pipes', he's about to feature in Firestorm.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No thats only in the seven soldiers. The real Darksied is on Apokolips 'cleaning out the pipes', he's about to feature in Firestorm.

Grant morrison has said that 7 soldiers is in continuity. A being like DS has been known to be in multiple places at once.

tdawg14
In h2h combat, Thanos takes 7/10 from DS. Thanos has the hand to hand feats to back it up.

DevilGoblin
18-7 Thanos, no contest

darthgoober
ninja

King Kandy
I think Thanos wins, he ALWAYS amps himself, but I've never seen DS do this.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Compared to Thanos, yes. But DS has shown he can hold his temper when necessary. I don't count his getting KOed by Supes. That was bullshit PIS writing. Darkseid is tough, but minus the omega effect, he's going down. Thanos is the biggest regular threat to the cosmos, 2nd only to Galactus. DS losing to Doomsday is not PIS. Doomsday is just that god damn tough. I think DS could have a good match with Doomsday and it would be an epic one, but ultimately, Doomsday would beat Darkseid. Back to the main match, Thanos is far superior in unarmed combat and battle tactics when compared to DS. And I'm not knocking DS at his best, I'm just pointing out that feat-wise, Thanos is that much better. The tyrant fight shows how Thanos can hold his own against superior foes. Darkseid is good, so I'll say 6/10 Thanos. but it could go both ways. I personally favor 5-6/10 Thanos. Maybe 5 for both of them, if different enviroments are used.

headshotkmc Why, oh why, did I say that? no Well, suffice to say, I was wrong. Darkseid takes a majority in H2H. And yes, Goober, he can amp with the OE. Dur you for bumping this. durfist

Jebus reborn
headshotkmc Why, oh why, did I say that? no Well, suffice to say, I was wrong. Darkseid takes a majority in H2H. And yes, Goober, he can amp with the OE. Dur you for bumping this. durfist Just a question:

What do you think you're more bias for?
DC, or Apocalypse?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Just a question:

DC, or Apocalypse?

crazy

quanchi112
thanos would absolutely dismantle him

Jebus reborn
crazy Both?
That wasn't an option.

King Kandy
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos would absolutely dismantle him
And Marvel would Dismantel DC, right?

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by King Kandy
And Marvel would Dismantel DC, right? Quanchi dismantles TricksterPriest?

I'd be inclined to agree...

quanchi112
anyone who calims darkseid has a chance in hand to hand is just nuts. darkseid rarely mixes it up with punches. thanos is his superior bigtime. this isnt even close. darkseid pleads for his life. hell if superman beats him down thanos rapes him.

darthgoober
I like Jimmy-Chan's assessment of these two going at it...

Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
I think Darkseid is clearly more "powerful" than Thanos in that Thanos doesn't have those uber feats like the Ares one, and he doesn't routinely vaporize top tiers in one shot like Darkseid does. However, Thanos is stronger and more durable IMO. Darkseid would win an energy-slinging contest, while Thanos would win a slugfest.

quanchi112
barring the Superman PIS fights, DS cannot be defeated physically. This would be a stalemate if it was pure Hand to Hand. doomsday and superman both kicked his ass hard. they arent skyfathers. accept reality.

Soljer
Just a question:

DC, or Apocalypse?

He's much more sensible for Apocalypse than DC, I'd say.

quanchi112
Compared to Thanos, yes. But DS has shown he can hold his temper when necessary. I don't count his getting KOed by Supes. That was bullshit PIS writing. Darkseid is tough, but minus the omega effect, he's going down. Thanos is the biggest regular threat to the cosmos, 2nd only to Galactus. DS losing to Doomsday is not PIS. Doomsday is just that god damn tough. I think DS could have a good match with Doomsday and it would be an epic one, but ultimately, Doomsday would beat Darkseid. Back to the main match, Thanos is far superior in unarmed combat and battle tactics when compared to DS. And I'm not knocking DS at his best, I'm just pointing out that feat-wise, Thanos is that much better. The tyrant fight shows how Thanos can hold his own against superior foes. Darkseid is good, so I'll say 6/10 Thanos. but it could go both ways. I personally favor 5-6/10 Thanos. Maybe 5 for both of them, if different enviroments are used. Happy Dance u posted a thanos majority and u cant take it back. it feels so good.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Soljer
He's much more sensible for Apocalypse than DC, I'd say. That's what I thought as well.
So, a whole company beats his favorite character, in likeness... that doesn't sound right... at all...

quanchi112
DS is stronger, Thanos is more Durable. Tie. this is a defeat for darkseid and he goes down fast and bad. for u to say tie means even u cant bring urself to say darkseid wins. thanos would crush his ass. i mean it crush him.

starking
Quanchi, why are you responding to something, that was typed in a year ago?

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by starking
Quanchi, why are you responding to something, that was typed in a year ago? So, nvr typed it?
Saved it in his computer for half a year, and then posted it?

Because that's really the only way it was typed a year ago...

quanchi112
So, nvr typed it?
Saved it in his computer for half a year, and then posted it?

Because that's really the only way it was typed a year ago... laughing laughing

starking
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing laughing Look whose laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Look whose laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) stick to the topic thread i mean come on. ur getting mocked by other people now. i mean ur message to me is why are u responding to nvers post. laughing come here to argue comics not say silly stuff. get serious. quit responding to me and respond to what i said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.