Book Of The Year '06

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterkit
PM Your Vote For Book Of The Year

Or Post It Here

Please Try Not To Discuss In this thread.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
David Mitchell's Black Swan Green by a million miles. There's nothing that comes close to it.

masterkit
Oh, I forgot to mention. Only post books that were published in 2006 like Ya Krunk'd Floo did.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by masterkit
Oh, I forgot to mention. Only post books that were published in 2006 like Ya Krunk'd Floo did.

Hahaha, some people didn't realise that even though the thread's title is 'Book Of The Year '06'!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The world is doomed thanks to the idiot majority.

masterkit
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Hahaha, some people didn't realise that even though the thread's title is 'Book Of The Year '06'!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The world is doomed thanks to the idiot majority.

no expression

Some people could think that were just voting for a book that we maybe read in 2006 but wasn't published then.

no expression

Ya Krunk'd Floo
no expression

Some people could think that were just voting for a book that we maybe read in 2006 but wasn't published then.

no expression

Well, you see, when you say 'book of the year '06, then if your native language is English, and you are in possession of cognitive coherence, then you should be able to work it out without too much difficulty.

masterkit
Well, you see, when you say 'book of the year '06, then if your native language is English, and you are in possession of cognitive coherence, then you should be able to work it out without too much difficulty.

you expect to much out of the common american(sock)

Bardock42
I'd say 1984.

masterkit
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd say 1984.

Example has been made.

Victor Von Doom
He's German- it only just made it over the wall.

Hasselhoff fired it over on a catapult strung with his chest hairs.

Bardock42
Example has been made.

Don't be stupid. I read it in 06, so it applies. Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
He's German- it only just made it over the wall.

Hasselhoff fired it over on a catapult strung with his chest hairs. u think ur funny do you. well i will not have u insult the german people. i will report u to the mods. u will see who loves last.

Blue_Hefner
The re-released version of Night.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've seen the error of my ways. I now think that the best book of the year for 2006 is the beef and bean Chimichanga that I had last night. It was spicy, and the dough was home-made. Delicious.

In second place, I'd probably vote for the sunset on Sunday evening. It was golden, red and yellow, man. So beautiful.

masterkit
Oh, I forgot to mention. Only post books that were published in 2006 like Ya Krunk'd Floo did. Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't be stupid. I read it in 06, so it applies. u think ur funny do you. well i will not have u insult the german people. i will report u to the mods. u will see who loves last.

It doesn't Apply

Bardock42
It doesn't Apply

It does too. LIAR!!

Julie
I'd go with Cry of the Icemark, but I'm sure there are lots of good books out there

masterkit
It does too. LIAR!!

no expression

Sexyback
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Sexyback
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

if you say a Star Wars book is a good book in this section, people will think you're crazy. It happened to me once.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
if you say a Star Wars book is a good book in this section, people will think you're crazy. It happened to me once.

No, you said that A novelization of a Star Wars movie was one of your top ten books, no offense, but death is too good a punishment for that.

Anything with Darth Bane must be great though. He should be on the cool people list. Good thing some really attractive guy just made a thread about it.

Kid Kurdy
Best book of 2006 :

(yes I know it was published a few years ago, but where I live it hit the shelves only a year ago).

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sorry, Kid. It's already been decided that this is the winner:

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/images/jackets/l/CS/CSIGN00032.jpg

Bardock42
Sounds shit.

Kid Kurdy
Sorry, Kid. It's already been decided that this is the winner
Really ? Could have fooled me.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Really ? Could have fooled me.

Well, you are a fool, so yeah.

MildPossession
Oo I just want to buy that Mitchell book on the cover alone, how pretty. That is actually a gorgeous cover for a book.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Agreed. All his books have very striking covers. I always judge them on that, you know...

jaden101
Agreed. All his books have very striking covers. I always judge them on that, you know...

laughing out loud

Bardock42
Still sounds shit.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Still sounds shit.

Take that back!

Eis
Sorry, Kid. It's already been decided that this is the winner:

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/images/jackets/l/CS/CSIGN00032.jpg
Finished it today, it was incredible. I definitely agree.

Bardock42
Take that back!

Make me!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Eis
Finished it today, it was incredible. I definitely agree.

Have you read David Mitchell's other novels? If you haven't, do so now!

Make me!

OK!

(Actually, I don't know how to do that...)

Bardock42

OK!

(Actually, I don't know how to do that...)

Argh, enough, enough of your horrid minjd torture, you win, I take it back.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ahh-hoo! It was all a bluff! That was part of how I made you take it back!

Ahh-hooo-eee!

mud_blood_princ
Ya Krund'd Floo ty 4 ruining a perfectly good thread

Ya Krunk'd Floo
"ty 4"? Is that how a dyslexic (dog) spells 'R2-D2'?

MildPossession
Thanks for the recommendation of Black Swan Green, I finished reading it a few days ago and absolutely loved it. Today I ordered three of the man's other books, so will get the books through soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.