5 Infinity Gems v.s. 1 Infinity Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Assume Adam Warlock had full control over these 5 Infinity Gems:

Space Gem
Mind Gem
Soul Gem
Reality Gem

and

Power Gem

Could he defeat Thanos, if Thanos only possessed the Time Gem?

Evangel94
Adam Warlock wins the majority.

Adam Warlock wins 8/10 with 5 inifinity gems against Thanos with 1.

Brian Oswald
depends on which worked first? but i'd give the majority to Warlock

Wally West
Warlock wins, of course. In Thanos' Quest when Thanos had 5 of the gems and he was going after Grandmaster's Mind gem, he says with the 5 there were thousands of ways he could have taken the mind gem but outsmarting Grandmaster was the most satisfying. When Magnus had an IG with 5 gems and Thanos had the Reality gem, Thanos didn't try and put his 1 against the 5, he outsmarted Magnus instead.

The Rune thing with the time gem was a load of crap.

leonidas
apparently, according to thanos, the power gem is the sort of backbone of the others. when they are collected the power gem appears to be the battery that the others draw from.

individually they operate differently though. the power gem couldn't counter all the things the other gems could do, i don't think. and anyway, all adam needs is one gem -- the soul gem. no answer for that from the power gem.

Galan007
If time is frozen, how will the other gems work?

Wally West
Originally posted by Galan007
If time is frozen, how will the other gems work? When Rune tried stealing the soul gem from Warlock he had frozen time but Warlock still got him into soul world, so they must still function.

Galan007
Originally posted by Wally West
When Rune tried stealing the soul gem from Warlock he had frozen time but Warlock still got him into soul world, so they must still function. ALL the gems still functioned, or was it just the Soul Gem?

Wally West
Well Warlock was the only one to put up any fight so it might just be the soul gem.

(The way Rune stole those other 4 gems was awful by the way, it made it look like stealing the gems from the Watch is like taking candy from a baby. And since when does Thanos walk around with the gem on his forehead? He keeps it in his safe!)

DigiMark007
Warlock's also one of the few beings that Thanos really couldn't outsmart....which would be the only way to beat someone with 5/6 Ifinity Gems.

Warlock every time.

Galan007
Well Warlock was the only one to put up any fight so it might just be the soul gem. Thats what I thought as well.

(The way Rune stole those other 4 gems was awful by the way, it made it look like stealing the gems from the Watch is like taking candy from a baby. And since when does Thanos walk around with the gem on his forehead? He keeps it in his safe!) Yeah I just read that comic, and it was a bit PISsy, but it makes sense.

Wally West
A better fight might be to give Warlock and Thanos 3 gems each, that would be a cool battle big grin

DigiMark007
A better fight might be to give Warlock and Thanos 3 gems each, that would be a cool battle big grin

I'd love to see that in a comic

*drools*

Galan007
Ive heard that the IG is coming back.... Is there any truth to that?

DigiMark007
Ive heard that the IG is coming back.... Is there any truth to that?

Probably just a rumor, but I don't know for sure. They did it to death with Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and all the Infinity Watch villians that tried to steal the gems. So as much as I liked them, Marvel really needs to go in a new cosmic direction for a while (Annihilation is a good start).

Galan007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Warlock's also one of the few beings that Thanos really couldn't outsmart....which would be the only way to beat someone with 5/6 Ifinity Gems. Warlock's best weapon here is definatley the Soul Gem.

But the SoulWorld has already betrayed him once.... Who's to say it wouldn't betray him again?

Probably just a rumor, but I don't know for sure. They did it to death with Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and all the Infinity Watch villians that tried to steal the gems. So as much as I liked them, Marvel really needs to go in a new cosmic direction for a while (Annihilation is a good start). I agree.

DigiMark007
Warlock's best weapon here is definatley the Soul Gem.

But the SoulWorld has already betrayed him once.... Who's to say it wouldn't betray him again?

Meh, but the number of times of Adam resisting the gem's influence, willing it to himself from other places, etc. greatly outnumbers the "betrayal", which means that it'll likely be his greatest asset, not his achilles heel in this fight.

Wally West

Galan007

Swanky-Tuna
Oh crap, is Xavier sitting on Namor's lap? Mercy. He must feel so safe in his arms.

juggernaut66666
*Waits for Starhawk*

Oh wait he is banned stick out tongue

Galan007
^^^

laughing

King Kandy
This is slaughter of the worst possible kind.

I do't think there's been a fight this one-sided since LT vs. HKH.

Warlock 10000000000000000000000/10000000000000000000000

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
This is slaughter of the worst possible kind.

I do't think there's been a fight this one-sided since LT vs. HKH.

Warlock 10000000000000000000000/10000000000000000000000 Have you read "Rune/Silver Surfer #1"?

The only threat to Thanos /w/ the Time Gem would be the Soul Gem, and that's IF it didn't betray Warlock AGAIN.

This fight isn't as 1 sided as you may think.

Wally West
The thing is in the time it takes Thanos to process the thought to stop time, Warlock could be thinking of using the reality gem to erase him from existance. It could just come down to whoever uses their gem first, who thinks faster.

Galan007
The thing is in the time it takes Thanos to process the thought to stop time, Warlock could be thinking of using the reality gem to erase him from existance. It could just come down to whoever uses their gem first, who thinks faster. all Thanos has to think is STOP, and the Reality Gem is useless.

I guess it really does come down to who thinks the fastest.

Martian_mind
what if warlock uses the space and reality gem to remove himself from the space time continuem?

Galan007
Originally posted by Martian_mind
what if warlock uses the space and reality gem to remove himself from the space time continuem? But if time is stopped, then its already been shown that all the other gems are useless (except the soul gem)

King Kandy
Have you read "Rune/Silver Surfer #1"?

The only threat to Thanos /w/ the Time Gem would be the Soul Gem, and that's IF it didn't betray Warlock AGAIN.

This fight isn't as 1 sided as you may think.
Reality Gem could shut Time Gem down...

And Warlock's doing a pretty good job of managing the soul Gem nowadays.

Galan007
Reality Gem could shut Time Gem down... Actually the Time Gem HAS shut down the Reality Gem.
And Warlock's doing a pretty good job of managing the soul Gem nowadays. But it still stands that SoulWorld could betray him again.

I'm not saying Thanos would take the majority, but it is hardly a curbstomp in Warlock's favor.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Martian_mind
what if warlock uses the space and reality gem to remove himself from the space time continuem?
He could od that...

Wally West
I just checked the issue and the Time Gem doesn't shut the others down, it just froze all the guardians of each gem (Pip, Thanos, Moondragon and Drax). Once he had the Space gem from Pip he used it to teleport instantly to Thanos, so it wasn't shut down.

Warlock wasn't frozen because I can only assume he was already in Soul World when Rune froze time as he says time has no bearing in Soul World, or Warlock exists outside the timestream (which may be true, he and Thanos exist outside choas and order).

Galan007
I just checked the issue and the Time Gem doesn't shut the others down, it just froze all the guardians of each gem (Pip, Thanos, Moondragon and Drax). Once he had the Space gem from Pip he used it to teleport instantly to Thanos, so it wasn't shut down.

Warlock wasn't frozen because I can only assume he was already in Soul World when Rune froze time as he says time has no bearing in Soul World, or Warlock exists outside the timestream (which may be true, he and Thanos exist outside choas and order). Right, Rune froze them, and since the Guardians were frozen in time they could not use the Gems.

So the Time Gem did shut the other Gems down....... In a matter of speaking.

Wally West
It doesn't explain why Warlock was the only one not frozen though, its probably because he was already in Soul World but theres no way to confirm it, so stopping time might not work on him anyway.

By the way why doesn't Maxam just stop time when Rune is leaping at him to steal his gem? Worst. Gem. Guardian. Ever.

King Kandy
Right, Rune froze them, and since the Guardians were frozen in time they could not use the Gems.

So the Time Gem did shut the other Gems down....... In a matter of speaking.
But Warlock escaped being frozen...

Galan007
By the way why doesn't Maxam just stop time when Rune is leaping at him to steal his gem? Worst. Gem. Guardian. Ever. Rune snuck up on him laughing out loud

Like I said, the story was a bit PISsy, but the overall concept is fairly interesting

Galan007
But Warlock escaped being frozen... He was more then likely already in SoulWorld...... but who knows?

Like I said, the Soul Gem is the only real threat to Thanos, IF it didn't betray Warlock AGAIN.

However, IMO it's nowhere near a curbstomp.

Wally West
Couple of quotes:

Rune: "This Warlock create is different from the others" (as he is approaching him after freezing time)

Soul Gem: "I have been waiting for this creature (Rune) since the dawn of the universe"

So theres something different about Warlock and the gem betrayed him because Rune was his destiny or some such nonsense.

NiņoAraņa

ExtraMision5555

DigiMark007
wtf is this betrayal incident anyway?? Because I don't remember it.

darthgoober
wtf is this betrayal incident anyway?? Because I don't remember it.
He's probably talking about when the Gem tried to find another host in Warlock Chronicles.

Roldz
I had thought each infinity gem is immune to each others powers but not the wielder, it would depend on the mastery of the wielder to be affected by the other gems. Case on Rune/Silver Surfer #1...

Galan007
wtf is this betrayal incident anyway?? Because I don't remember it. Rune stole all the other Infinity Gems using the Time Gem.

When he came to Warlock who had the last Gem (the Soul Gem) they battled in SoulWorld for a bit, and then SoulWorld ended up betraying Warlock because it wanted a new host.

Thats why I said that the Soul Gem would be the greatest threat to Thanos, IF it didn't betray Warlock again.Originally posted by Roldz
I had thought each infinity gem is immune to each others powers but not the wielder, it would depend on the mastery of the wielder to be affected by the other gems. Case on Rune/Silver Surfer #1... Well Rune stole all the other Gems using the Time Gem.

All he had to do was freeze Time, and the other Infinity Gems were ripe for the picking.

So it all depends on how you use the Gems, and as you said, the wielders mastry over the Gem(s).

King Kandy
They thing here is that the gems themselves were still functional.

So Warlock could go into Soul World and then, from there, annihilate Thanos with the other gems.

Galan007
They thing here is that the gems themselves were still functional.

So Warlock could go into Soul World and then, from there, annihilate Thanos with the other gems. IF Soulworld didn't betray him again.

King Kandy
IF Soulworld didn't betray him again.
It didn't do it insantaniously. It took time.

And Thanos is obliterated in that time.

Galan007
It didn't do it insantaniously. It took time.

And Thanos is obliterated in that time. Not enough time for Warlock to use any other powers against Rune.

Like I said, Warlock may indeed take this, but its not a curbstomp

DigiMark007
He could also use the reality gem to restructure time, or get rid of it altogether.

It's really a crapshoot, but with all 5, Thanos loses.

Galan007
He could also use the reality gem to restructure time, or get rid of it altogether. The Reality Gem dosen't really effect time, thats why there's a Time Gem.

The Reality Gem used in conjunction with the Time Gem could restructure time though.Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's really a crapshoot, but with all 5, Thanos loses. In the long run I think your right, but alot of people were saying it was a curbstomp, and IMO it's VERY far from that.

Wally West
I'm sure if someone was creative enough they could think of ways for all 6 gems to be used on their own to steal the other 5 if the guardians weren't expecting it. Although I personally don't think the time gem should be capable of stopping the timestream completely unless its backed by the power gem, and the fact Rune did it immediately after he got the gem without ever using the gem before, utilising it to its full potential straight away, its a bit PIS.

Galan007
I'm sure if someone was creative enough they could think of ways for all 6 gems to be used on their own to steal the other 5 if the guardians weren't expecting it. Although I personally don't think the time gem should be capable of stopping the timestream completely unless its backed by the power gem, and the fact Rune did it immediately after he got the gem without ever using the gem before, utilising it to its full potential straight away, its a bit PIS. I agree, it was a bit PIS....

But he still did it, and the overall concept seems sound.

DigiMark007
All I know is, Warlock punked him when the gem count was 6-0 in Thanos' favor.

cool

Thanos is getting way too much credit here, regardless of the time gem's power.

Galan007
All I know is, Warlock punked him when the gem count was 6-0 in Thanos' favor.

cool

Thanos is getting way too much credit here, regardless of the time gem's power. I'm only giving the Time Gem the credit it deserves. Its already been shown the if time is halted, the only Gem that the user is still able to use effectively is the Soul Gem.

Since the Soul Gem has betrayed Warlock in the past, it is still a plausible option that the same thing may in fact happen again. If that did happen, Warlock would be screwed.

In the end I feel that Warlock would take the majority, but then again what can he do if Thanos goes into the past and destroys Warlock before he obtained the Gems?

Wally West
Warlock could create a reality where Thanos doesn't exist.

Galan007
Warlock could create a reality where Thanos doesn't exist. But only in the present, without the Time Gem, how could he re-write the past?

Wally West
Backed by the power gem maybe he could create a reality where Thanos has never existed?

Galan007
Backed by the power gem maybe he could create a reality where Thanos has never existed? Thats what I'm saying though. He could create a present reality where Thanos dosen't exist, but how is he going to re-write reality in the past without a means to enter the past?

Wally West
Mind gem + power gem = convince Thanos not to use the time gem and hand it over like a nice Titan before he goes back in time wink

Galan007
Mind gem + power gem = convince Thanos not to use the time gem and hand it over like a nice Titan before he goes back in time wink You don't think Thanos could stop time before Warlock did all that?

Wally West
Who knows, but I think Warlock with 5 gems could do something in the same time it takes Thanos to use his gem, Warlock has more experience with the gems than even Thanos.

Galan007
Who knows, but I think Warlock with 5 gems could do something in the same time it takes Thanos to use his gem, Warlock has more experience with the gems than even Thanos. Ohhh, I agree, and I'm not saying Thanos is the decisive winner or anything.

But would you agree that it's certainly not a curbstomp in anyones' favor?

breeze85
Saying that Soul Gem could betray Warlock in this fight is like saying LT would intervene if someone possessed more than a single Gem. There is no third party here, no plot at all. Therefore Warlock wins this fight every damned time.

Galan007
Originally posted by breeze85
Saying that Soul Gem could betray Warlock in this fight is like saying LT would intervene if someone possessed more than a single Gem. There is no third party here, no plot at all. Therefore Warlock wins this fight every damned time. The Soul Gem HAS betrayed Warlock in the past, so it is very plausible that it could in fact betray him again.

celestialdemon
Warlock for the spank. I can't see Thanos winning this battle in any way whatsoever. Hell, we saw what 5 gems could do with the Magus, and he was missing the reality gem.

Galan007
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Warlock for the spank. I can't see Thanos winning this battle in any way whatsoever. Hell, we saw what 5 gems could do with the Magus, and he was missing the reality gem. Again, I'm not saying Thanos can take this, but what can Warlock do if Thanos stops time, and travels in the past?

harri
galan i like your sig its cool

celestialdemon
Again, I'm not saying Thanos can take this, but what can Warlock do if Thanos stops time, and travels in the past?

Warlock controls reality backed by the power gem. He could just as easily cause the time gem to not work or rewrite how the time gem works.

breeze85
The Soul Gem HAS betrayed Warlock in the past, so it is very plausible to assume that it could in fact betray him again.

Seems like you don't understand. Yes it has done that but it wouldn't happen here. Let me explain why.

If we allowed such interaction and details it wouldn't work here at all. For example, if someone started a team fight. Superman and Darkseid versus Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. Should we go on and assume that Superman would betray Darkseid and team up with WW and MM to give Darkseid a beating for greater good and just because he doesn't like Darkseid?

IG Warlock versus anybody. Should we assume that LT would intervene and separate the Infinity Gems?

And so the list goes on.

The answer is NO. Such interaction just won't count. It's just silly to even come up with such.

Galan007
Warlock controls reality backed by the power gem. He could just as easily cause the time gem to not work or rewrite how the time gem works. He could only effect outcomes in the present, he can not effect the past.

Seems like you don't understand. Yes it has done that but it wouldn't happen here. Let me explain why.

If we allowed such interaction and details it wouldn't work here at all. For example, if someone started a team fight. Superman and Darkseid versus Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. Should we go on and assume that Superman would betray Darkseid and team up with WW and MM to give Darkseid a beating for greater good and just because he doesn't like Darkseid?

IG Warlock versus anybody. Should we assume that LT would intervene and separate the Infinity Gems?

And so the list goes on.

The answer is NO. Such interaction just won't count. It's just silly to even come up with such. Ahhh I see, even though it's happened on pannel, and shown that it IS possible, it dosen't count.

Regardless, what can Warlock realistically do if Thanos stops time, and travels into the past?

harri
how rude

celestialdemon
He could only effect outcomes in the present, he can not effect the past.

When this battle starts, they are in the present. In the time it takes for Thanos to use the gem to get to the past, Warlock can prevent the gem from working or alter how the gem works.

Galan007
When this battle starts, they are in the present. In the time it takes for Thanos to use the gem to get to the past, Warlock can prevent the gem from working or alter how the gem works. The Gems can't affect how the others work.

And all Thanos has to do is go back in time to avoid Warlock

celestialdemon
The Gems can't affect how the others work.

Really? Then how is it that the Time Gen was able to freeze all the other gem holders from using their gems? And before you say because it was only freezing the people and not the gems, how is it that Warlock made it so Moondragon's Mind Gem would not allow her to read the minds of the other gem holders?

Galan007
Really? Then how is it that the Time Gen was able to freeze all the other gem holders from using their gems? Rune stopped time, him doing this didn't affect the power of the gems at all.

And before you say because it was only freezing the people and not the gems, how is it that Warlock made it so Moondragon's Mind Gem would not allow her to read the minds of the other gem holders? The Soul Gem is a different story all together, and to be honest I did forget about that particular incident. But if Warlock could have stopped Rune from using his Gem, he certainly would have when they battled.

My point is that if time is stopped, or Thanos is in the past, what good is that ability anyway?

I do think Warlock may win the majority, but people are so quick to cry curbstomp. That's just not the case.

celestialdemon

My point is that if time is stopped, or Thanos is in the past, what good is that ability anyway?

For this to happen, Thanos would have to start the battle before Warlock does, and that would violate the rules.

Galan007
For this to happen, Thanos would have to start the battle before Warlock does, and that would violate the rules. No, what it really comes down to, is who can use their Gem(s) the fastest.

Evangel94
The time gem's power is limited when it's not backed by the power gem. The power gem is the backbone of all the gems.

Thanos may be able to survive and escape but he's not overpowering Warlock with 5 gems.

breeze85
Ahhh I see, even though it's happened on pannel, and shown that it IS possible, it dosen't count.

So, now, every time someone is fighting with a complete IG we should assume that it's possible (most likely) for Living Tribunal to intervene and stop the madness? Just because "it's happened on pannel, and shown that it IS possible". Great! This is the case with every fight then. Remember people!

Honestly. Exactly for the reasons I mentioned this kind of third-party interaction isn't possible here. It would mess everything. I didn't think even you, Galan007, could be so out of your mind.

Galan007
Originally posted by Evangel94
Thanos may be able to survive and escape but he's not overpowering Warlock with 5 gems. He dosen't have to fight Warlock in that time-period.

Galan007
So, now, every time someone is fighting with a complete IG we should assume that it's possible (most likely) for Living Tribunal to intervene and stop the madness? Just because "it's happened on pannel, and shown that it IS possible". Great! This is the case with every fight then. Remember people!

Honestly. Exactly for the reasons I mentioned this kind of third-party interaction isn't possible here. It would mess everything. I didn't think even you, Galan007, could be so out of your mind. Your missing my point.

It's rediculous to say that it could never happen in a battle, even though it has happened before. It's a double edged sword friend.

I never said it was absolutley possible, but there is a slim chance that it COULD happen again, thats all.

You might want to stop throwing out insults, it makes you look childish.

Evangel94
He dosen't have to fight Warlock in that time-period.

I think you're missing the big picture. Thanos has just one gem: the time gem. There's a few possibilites Thanos could scrap out a win, but Warlock has a hundreds if not thousands of ways to take down Thanos.

Plus you're failing to take into consideration that Warlock has the space gem enhanced and powered up by the power gem.

For example:
Warlock can react and move way faster than Thanos. With that into consideration, Warlock could just amp up his speed and Thanos would look like he's not moving or just moving very very slowly. Warlock could just literally take away the gem before Thanos realizes what's going on.

Galan007
I think you're missing the big picture. Thanos has just one gem: the time gem. There's a few possibilites Thanos could scrap out a win, but Warlock has a hundreds if not thousands of ways to take down Thanos.

Plus you're failing to take into consideration that Warlock has the space gem enhanced and powered up by the power gem.

For example:
Warlock can react and move way faster than Thanos. With that into consideration, Warlock could just amp up his speed and Thanos would look like he's not moving or moving very slowly. Warlock could just literally take away the gem before Thanos realizes what's going on. Thats exactly why I keep saying that Warlock takes the overall majority.

But people cry curbstomp, when thats not the case.

Evangel94
What it really boils down to is whomever has the most gems has more possibilities of winning and therefore takes the majority.

King Kandy
Warlock could go into the soul gem, and then from there use the other gems, since time-stop doesn't effect them. That way, he has the 5-gem powers AND is immune to time-freeze.

Also, the gem doesn't want Thanos. If it did, it would have had numerous occasions in the past to betray warlock for him.

Galan007
What it really boils down to is whomever has the most gems has more possibilities of winning and therefore takes the majority. That, and who reacts first.

Because if Thanos reacts first and is allowed to travel into the past, then Warlock may in fact loose.

If Warlock reacts first, then Thanos has no chance (as Warlock could kill Thanos in so many ways)

Galan007
Warlock could go into the soul gem, and then from there use the other gems, since time-stop doesn't effect them. That way, he has the 5-gem powers AND is immune to time-freeze.

Also, the gem doesn't want Thanos. If it did, it would have had numerous occasions in the past to betray warlock for him. Agreed, but remember simply freezing time and staying in the present isn't the only option Thanos has.

Wally West
Not everyone can use the gems as well as each other, its a long shot but maybe Rune can use the gem better than Thanos and Thanos wouldn't be able to stop time? Gamora, the Gardener, or Maxam never did that with it.

Galan007
Gamora, the Gardener, or Maxam never did that with it. wasn't the point of them to not use the Gems?

Wally West
Well the Gardener used it without realising, and the Watch could use them, Pip teleported with the space gem all the time, Drax used the power gem for strength, Moondragon did all sorts of mental attacks with the mind gem, Adam obviously used the soul gem, and Thanos once used the reality gem.

Galan007
Well the Gardener used it without realising, and the Watch could use them, Pip teleported with the space gem all the time, Drax used the power gem for strength, Moondragon did all sorts of mental attacks with the mind gem, Adam obviously used the soul gem, and Thanos once used the reality gem. Was the Time Gem used?

Wally West
I think so, but someone who has read more of Warlock and the Infinity Watch could give examples, I think Gamora used it intentionally or unintentionally for visions of the future/past.

breeze85
Your missing my point.

It's rediculous to say that it could never happen in a battle, even though it has happened before. It's a double edged sword friend.

I never said it was absolutley possible, but there is a slim chance that it COULD happen again, thats all.

You might want to stop throwing out insults, it makes you look childish.

No, it obviously were you who was missing anyone's point. So, there is also a possibility that LT intervenes if someone is wielding a complete Infinity Gauntlet here on forum fights. There is also a possibility the X-men intervene and psychically assault Juggernaut when he and Hulk are fighting. Just because it has happened on panel and is therefore possible also here as well. Are we clear on this?

'I never said it was absolutley possible, but there is a slim chance that it COULD happen again, thats all.' Yep, exactly. Oh and by the way, actually I never said you said the possibility is absolute.

I'm not insulting. If you already found that insulting oh boy what you still have to face in your life. I think it makes YOU look childish if you allow third-party interaction on forum fights.

Remember now, people, that if you are putting Juggernaut and Hulk in to a fight there is good chance the X-men intervene and defeat Juggernaut. Therefore Hulk's winning probability raises considerably.

That's just a mere example. The actual list is never-ending.

Galan007
I think so, but someone who has read more of Warlock and the Infinity Watch could give examples, I think Gamora used it intentionally or unintentionally for visions of the future/past. Yeah, I never got into the Infinity Watch, so I'm not up on what the secondary characters did with the individual Gems...

I still dont think its a curbstomp in Warlock's favor (unless of course, he reacts first).

King Kandy
Agreed, but remember simply freezing time and staying in the present isn't the only option Thanos has.
It is without the power gem.

He can't use time that much without it.

Galan007
No, it obviously were you who was missing anyone's point. So, there is also a possibility that LT intervenes if someone is wielding a complete Infinity Gauntlet here on forum fights. There is also a possibility the X-men intervene and psychically assault Juggernaut when he and Hulk are fighting. Just because it has happened on panel and is therefore possible also here as well. Are we clear on this?

'I never said it was absolutley possible, but there is a slim chance that it COULD happen again, thats all.' Yep, exactly. Oh and by the way, actually I never said you said the possibility is absolute.

I'm not insulting. If you already found that insulting oh boy what you still have to face in your life. I think it makes YOU look childish if you allow third-party interaction on forum fights.

Remember now, people, that if you are putting Juggernaut and Hulk in to a fight there is good chance the X-men intervene and defeat Juggernaut. Therefore Hulk's winning probability raises considerably.

That's just a mere example. The actual list is never-ending. Ok, so if they ended up fighting in SoulWorld, it could NEVER possibly turn on Warlock AGAIN right?

Your bringing up outside sources like LT, the X-Men, etc.

What you don't seem to understand is that it was the Soul Gem itself that betrayed Warlock when he tried using it. No outside sources intervened.

So your analogies/wannabe slams to me really have nothing to do with what has happened to Warlock.

If the Cytorrak Gem stripped Juggs of all his power during a battle, then that would be closer to what happened to Warlock.

breeze85
Ok, so if they ended up fighting in SoulWorld, it could NEVER possibly turn on Warlock AGAIN right?

Your bringing up outside sources like LT, the X-Men, etc.

What you don't seem to understand is that it was the Soul Gem itself that betrayed Warlock when he tried using it. No outside sources intervened.

So your analogies/wannabe slams to me really have nothing to do with what has happened to Warlock.

If the Cytorrak Gem stripped Juggs of all his power during a battle, then that would be closer to what happened to Warlock.

Yes, it could NEVER possibly turn against Warlock here on the forum unless we allow the occurence of random events.

The Gem BECAME the outside force in that instance; the Soul Gem betraying Warlock is EXACTLY the same as A betraying B in a fight C (insert any C, where A/B was betrayed by B/A). It's exactly the same as LT intervening and judging the Infinity Gems to stop working as together.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ASSUME THAT THIRD-PARTY INTERACTION OR RANDOM EVENTS MIGHT AFFECT THE OUTCOME HERE ON FORUM FIGHTS. Try to get it. I'm pretty sure everyone else did, did you?

Galan007
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ASSUME THAT THIRD-PARTY INTERACTION OR RANDOM EVENTS MIGHT AFFECT THE OUTCOME HERE ON FORUM FIGHTS. Try to get it. I'm pretty sure everyone else did, did you? laughing

Does using all caps make you feel better?

Come on whats with the insults? Try to remember that its just a comic book forum. Don't get so wound up over it.

Take a few deep breaths my friend.

Wally West
The gem told Warlock it had waited for Rune inparticular since the dawn of the universe, so I don't think it will betray him for just anyone.

Galan007
The gem told Warlock it had waited for Rune inparticular since the dawn of the universe, so I don't think it will betray him for just anyone. I never said it would, I said it has. Who knows if it would again?

IMO what it all comes down to is who reacts first.

celestialdemon
Yeah, I never got into the Infinity Watch, so I'm not up on what the secondary characters did with the individual Gems...

For a long time, it was stated that neither the reality or time gems could be used by themselves without having intimate knowledge of how it works. I don't believe Gamora ever used the Time Gem by itself. Thanos used the Reality Gem once but I think he had to build up the courage to use it. The only instance the Time Gem was ever used alone was when Rune did it.

Galan007
The only instance the Time Gem was ever used alone was when Rune did it. That's what I thought as well, which is why that whole Rune incident was a bit PISsy IMO.

celestialdemon
That's what I thought as well, which is why that whole Rune incident was a bit PISsy IMO.

I agree. It made no sense to have an outside character know how to use the Time Gem in ways that not even Gamora or the Gardener knew how.

Galan007
I agree. It made no sense to have an outside character know how to use the Time Gem in ways that not even Gamora or the Gardener knew how. Yeah so true, Rune had just found out about the Gems. He had never even seen one before, yet he somehow could use the Time Gem (one of the hardest to control) to the best of its ability?

Wally West
It wouldn't have been so bad if the time gem was backed by the power or reality gem, but for him to use it straight off the bat to its full power was a little lame. The sequence where he steals the gems could have been so much better, it makes the Watch look so inept.

Galan007
It wouldn't have been so bad if the time gem was backed by the power or reality gem, but for him to use it straight off the bat to its full power was a little lame. The sequence where he steals the gems could have been so much better, it makes the Watch look so inept. Yeah I agree, the entire Watch (with the exception of Warlock) looked like a bunch of idiots.

And Rune stealing ALL of the Gems should have been more then 2 pages long laughing out loud

Wally West
You've got to wonder what was going through Thanos' mind, the one time he wears the gem it mysteriously vanishes.

Priest
Warlock 9/10
warlock with soul gem would give thanos w/ PG a fight imo

breeze85
laughing

Does using all caps make you feel better?

Come on whats with the insults? Try to remember that its just a comic book forum. Don't get so wound up over it.

Take a few deep breaths my friend.

LOL. So now when you are out of arguments you start mocking me instead? Does it make you feel better? It was wrote with caps because obviously you couldn't understand it without just a moment earlier.

Please, reply my previous post.

Someone who has a list containing praises of him (told by other debaters) in his profile is calling me childish and telling how this just a comic book forum. laughing

Galan007
LOL. So now when you are out of arguments you start mocking me instead? Does it make you feel better? It was wrote with caps because obviously you couldn't understand it without just a moment earlier.

Please, reply my previous post.

Someone who has a list containing praises of him (told by other debaters) in his profile is calling me childish and telling how this just a comic book forum. laughing I have already stated my argument several times. I'm not going to dance with you all day over the same thing.

Whats the point in debating with someone, who thinks its cool to troll through my profile and then mock me about it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its so odd how when someone dosent argee with you, the insults start getting thrown out.

Please, whats so hard about debating insult free?

Galan007
You've got to wonder what was going through Thanos' mind, the one time he wears the gem it mysteriously vanishes. laughing out loud

Yeah, and he had the Reality Gem too.
Originally posted by Priest
Warlock 9/10
warlock with soul gem would give thanos w/ PG a fight imo Thanos has the TG. Is that what you meant to put?

breeze85
I have already stated my argument several times. I'm not going to dance with you all day over the same thing.

Whats the point in debating with someone, who thinks its cool to troll through my profile and then mock me about it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its so odd how when someone dosent argee with you, the insults start getting thrown out.

Please, whats so hard about debating insult free?

Your argument is that so called random events do count as well? If something or someone has betrayed the other one before, it could happen again HERE on forum fights?

For example, every time Darkseid and Superman are having a team fight against a team X. It's safe to assume that there is chance for Darkseid to betray Superman and defeat him instead. Correct?

The comics are full of that kind of betraying examples. What makes the one with Soul Gem and Warlock any different? One betraying another.

It's not any different from LT POSSIBLY intervening if there is fight between X wielding the IG and Y. Third party interaction. That kind of random events don't belong here. I can't see what's so hard to understand about it.

I'm not allowed to view your profile? You call me childish, I found out something that makes you childish. There goes your mocking. Still, like I stated earlier, I'm not insulting you. Sad that you find it that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.