Sith'ari Speculation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sexyback
So who do you think it is? If you don't know what the prophecy of the sith'ari entails, check this out - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith%27ari .

General Kenobl
Either....

- Bane
- Revan
- Vader

Blue_Hefner
Pretty sure it make be Jacen, but we'll just have to see when these stupid authors decide to stop bringing Sith back just to keep the story going on.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Pretty sure it make be Jacen, but we'll just have to see when these stupid authors decide to stop bringing Sith back just to keep the story going on.
Oh! please!

Since when did Jacen has been considered in the list of suitable candidates for Sith'ari?

Only the above 3 mentioned characters are suitable candidates.

But chances of Revan and Bane are high.

Marxman
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Either....

- Bane
- Revan
- Vader

It'd be really crazy if it was Vader. Seeing as how he was both the Jedi's Chosen One and the Sith's Sith'ari. It'd show once again how similar the Jedi and the Sith are in every single way except for their view on use/purpose of the Force.

Sexyback
Why Revan, though? The explanation on wookie didn't even make sense.

Gideon
Originally posted by Sexyback

I suppose Revan could be a candidate; he meets the criteria, does he not?

Though it's not definate, I believe the obvious candidate for Sith'ari would be Bane. He destroyed the Sith, ultimately, to make them stronger (remember that, Planet, the next time you try to argue Bane > Sidious... the entire purpose of the Sith'ari was to make the Sith "stronger"...).

Vader can't be the Sith'ari, I don't think. He's the Chosen One. A destiny greater than the Sith'ari's own. He destroyed the Sith completely, lol. He didn't make them stronger.

Sexyback
It was supposed to ensure that the sith only got more powerful in theory, but that was working under the assumption that the apprentice killed the master only when s/he became more powerful, and in practise, you can't say for sure that that happened. Hell, Sidious himself was forced to kill his master in his sleep, hardly a showing of superiority in respect to combat. The fact is, the system was flawed.

Marxman

Gideon
It was supposed to ensure that the sith only got more powerful in theory, but that was working under the assumption that the apprentice killed the master only when s/he became more powerful, and in practise, you can't say for sure that that happened. Hell, Sidious himself was forced to kill his master in his sleep, hardly a showing of superiority in respect to combat. The fact is, the system was flawed.

Nice excuse.

Where was it identified that Sidious was "forced" to kill Plagueis in his sleep? Simply because he chose to, instead of having a fight to the death, doesn't mean that he absolutely had to. In fact, if anything, Sidious would have tried to learn everything possible from Plagueis before he executed him - it's in his character. He's a parasite of information. It's also in Sidious's character to capitalize on a weakness. Likely, he saw his master sleeping, knew the potential risk of facing him in combat, and decided that killing him in his sleep would be the best option. Face it, that's what Sidious does. He operates through deceit, manipulation, and exploits weaknesses first and foremost.

Bane and Revan certainly seemed to think that the system would work better than anything else - as did Sidious himself. So you have two of the most intelligent SW characters and Bane believing that it worked. The only time that it failed is when one of the Sith would be redeemed.

S_W_LeGenD
Why not?

He achieved almost all those things that a DLOTS would dream about.

- He freed himself from the restrictions imposed on him by Jedi Council and defied the Council, when the time was right.
- He was learning a lot about Ancient Sith in quest for greater power.
- He had perfect strength and power to defeat many powerful individuals.
- His destiny was also bright (even as a Sith). He managed to built a huge and powerful Empire as an indication.
- He was the perfect leader of a perfect Sith Empire.

Then came the betrayal and things changed. Revan destoyed the very Evil that he had created, but his PAST actions already had made the same Evil to return to haunt the Republic in POST-KOTOR period in the shape of 3 powerful Sith Lords.

1- Darth Traya
2- Darth Nihilus
3- Darth Sion

More information:

Following the victory at Malachor, Revan departed with a third of the remaining Republic fleet into the Unknown Regions, claiming that he was hunting down surviving remains of the Mandalorians. In reality, he was amassing his forces to prepare for a conquest of the Republic.

The concentrated deaths of so many Jedi, Mandalorians, and Republic soldiers all at once created a powerful Wound in the Force, resulting in the Jedi Exile purposely severing all ties with the Force. More sinisterly, it was Malachor that had marked Revan's final descent into a darkness, a journey that would at last be completed when the former Jedi hero declared himself Dark Lord of the Sith. His fall sent his Jedi Master, Kreia, in search of answers. She found them at the Trayus Academy.

From the ashes of Malachor V arose two powerful Sith Lords: Darth Sion the Lord of Pain and Darth Nihilus the Lord of Hunger. Trained by Kreia, now known as Darth Traya, they nearly brought about the complete and utter destruction of the Jedi Order.

And both Sith Lords: Sion and Nihilus almost hunted Jedi to extinction.

Revan is indeed a suitable candidate. His actions automatically made Sith stronger, as we see in KOTOR II.

Sexyback
Originally posted by Gideon
Nice excuse.

Now now, is this attitude really necessary?

Maybe the 'forced' was a bit uncalled for, but the fact is, when Bane came up with the plan, he was working under the assumption that the apprentice would only kill the master when they became stronger, I was just pointing out that Sidious' situation is proof that there are ways around that and that the apprentice wouldn't necessarily have to be more powerful in that sense.

There are many flaws in the system, Gideon.

1. If the master is so much stronger than the apprentice that the apprentice is never able to defeat the master, and the master dies naturally.

2. If the apprentice uses assassination to defeat the master before s/he has become more powerful.

3. If the weaker of the sith seeks allies to defeat the stronger.

Face it, the system alone in no way proves that Palpatine would have to be the strongest of that particular lineage.

Gideon
Is your typical, whiney demands for "proof!" necessary? Or your constant exaggerations? Or your constant dismissal of canon standpoints that you don't agree with?

You've yet to prove that Sidious wasn't already more powerful than his master when he chose to kill him.

I never said that the system was flawless - every system has flaws. But this one is more effective.

When has a situation such as this been shown? Likewise, I'm certain that the "power" of masters and apprentices varied with each pair. What is important is the "knowledge" passed. Innate power and potential can't be adjusted or helped (unless you're Plagueis, and possibly, Sidious). But the amount and use of Sith knowledge and training can be.

I don't believe any Sith would attack their master before they were certain that they had learned everything that the master themselves knew - or everything that they could learn. Bane knew that he couldn't defeat the Republic or the Jedi, as such, I don't think he intentionally withheld knowledge or power or refused to teach his apprentice everything when in the face of a greater goal.

When has this been shown? Again, no apprentice would likely strike the master down 'til he or she was certain that they knew everything that was necessary - or everything that was relinquished to them.

Please. Extremely knowledgeable historians such as the author of tNEC seemed to believe that Sidious was the most powerful. The Ancient Sith on Korriban knew that Sidious "gave himself completely to the dark side, long ago". LoE states that "the dark side gained strength with the coming of Darth Sidious". Dooku says he would never in his dreams question "the power of Darth Sidious. The dark secrets at his command." And, the Dark Side Sourcebook makes it clear that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in Bane's lineage - and that he alone was the one "born with the power" to complete the Dark Side's ultimate victory, according to the RotS visual guide.

Darth Sexy
Nice excuse.

Where was it identified that Sidious was "forced" to kill Plagueis in his sleep? Simply because he chose to, instead of having a fight to the death, doesn't mean that he absolutely had to. In fact, if anything, Sidious would have tried to learn everything possible from Plagueis before he executed him - it's in his character. He's a parasite of information. It's also in Sidious's character to capitalize on a weakness. Likely, he saw his master sleeping, knew the potential risk of facing him in combat, and decided that killing him in his sleep would be the best option. Face it, that's what Sidious does. He operates through deceit, manipulation, and exploits weaknesses first and foremost.

Bane and Revan certainly seemed to think that the system would work better than anything else - as did Sidious himself. So you have two of the most intelligent SW characters and Bane believing that it worked. The only time that it failed is when one of the Sith would be redeemed.

Do not pay attention to Planet, he just like wasting text.. Anyways, the most likely candidate would be Bane. He did exactly what the sith'ari is supposed to do. Revan could be right behind Bane because he DID destroy the sith, but they got stronger after he disappeared, so it was inadvertant, so he's less likely than Bane. Vader? Please. The chosen one can't be the sith'ari. Jacen? You forget the sith died with Vader and Sidious, so everyone else, including Jacen, parades around the title meaninglessly.

Gideon
You just totally posted after my ownage post! Blasphemy! stick out tongue

General Kenobl

zephiel7
I think it is Bane. Bane's novel, PoD mentions the Sith'ari several times. Bane himself has done things that are recounted as per the Sith'ari prophecy, to destroy both orders and rebuild the Sith anew.

Revan gave some of the theory to Bane on building the order. It was ultimately Bane who implemented the rule of two.

Darth Sexy

Sexyback
Is your typical, whiney demands for "proof!" necessary?

Why yes. smile

Loving the hypocrisy

I don't dismiss them, I just work around them.

You miss my point. My point was that the system alone didn't ensure that the apprentice killed the master only when they became more powerful. Sidious' example was an example of how that is so.

I disagree. This is SW, so naturally logic doesn't always apply, but the fact that the order survived for so long with so few actual sith lords is very unrealistic.

Does it have to have been shown to make sense for you Gideon?

This is nice and all, but irrelevant.

Not all sith are craving of knowledge like Sidious.

A Darth Maul like apprentice likely wouldn't care.

By RotS, specifically, which is absurd. Again, Vor'en Naal's opinion is fallible, no better than mine or your's.

He was one dedicated SoB, I'm not disputing that.

So it gained strength, so what? Considering how weak it already was, this is no big deal.

Dooku is a relative weakling.

Not purely in respect to combat, you can whine all you want about the guys at EoD and how double standards, but the fact is, power is ambiguous, and in the context it was written, where intelligence was listed as his greatest weapon, I'm gonna go with my interpretation.

He was one intelligence SoB, I won't deny it, he had the mind and dedication to do that.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Again, Revan COULD be a likely candidate for the position of the sith'ari, but after Adas, the prophecy revealed there would be 1 sith'ari, and not more. With that said, Bane makes a better candidate than Revan because he himself destroyed the sith and he himself made them stronger. Revan turned back to the light side to destroy the sith, and inadvertantly made them stronger, yet the Exile finished them off, so Revan couldn't be the sith'ari.
It was due to Traya's manipulation of Exile, that Sith Triumvirate came to an End. But Sith are not destroyed even at that point.

More is to be revealed yet.

Gideon
Why, no, they aren't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You love hypocrisy? Perhaps that is the deluded mentality that strove you to become a hypocrite.

Yeah! Yeah, right, exactly! Of course! Just like you "worked around" Freedon Nadd being the Chosen One, right?

(excerpt taken from "The Woes of Planet: KMC's Jackass Extraordinaire"wink

Planet: "Freidonn Naad is teh Chosen On!1111!!!!!"

Gideon: "No, Planet, he's not."

Planet: "Prove it! Waaa! Prove it! Waa! Before I go cry! Waa!"

Gideon: "Okay... Lucas specifically confirms it on the RotS special feature (located on the DVD) called "The Chosen One" (curious, isn't it?)."

Planet: "No! I do not believe you!"

Gideon: "Erm... okay."

Planet: "You have failed 2 profide prove!111!!!!"

Gideon: "WTF... I just said what the quote was, the source, and specifically where on the DVD..."

Planet: "That's not enuff!!! Haahahaah you havent proved nuthin!!!!11111!"

Rex: "Planet, you're pretty much a dumbass. George Lucas said so. Your opinion means jack shit. So go play with some barbies."

Yeah. Work around them. Sure....

Again: Sidious may have been more powerful than his master at the time. But you don't seem to understand that.

"This is SW. Logic doesn't always apply."

Yeah, remember this the next time you use your so-called "logical deduction."

It has to be "shown" in order for me to believe it, for the most part. That said...

PROVE IT! WAAA! PROVE IT!

That one went right over your little head didn't it, little fella? Aww! You look so adorable trying to play the big bad debater.

'Cause if you paid attention, you'd have realized that it is highly relevent. But I understand. Not having an adequete logical defense, you proclaim "irrelevent!" to bits of information you don't like.

Yeah... okay. Can you give me a list of Sith Lords who don't seek information? Perhaps not on Sidious's galactic -kill-everybody-and-conquer-the-galaxy-wide level of thirst, but all Sith seem to want power and knowledge.

Maul was rare, he had zero ambition. Make me a list of apprentices, like Maul, who had absolutely no desire to overthrow their master.

Vor'en Naal is a historian. His opinion is fallible, but it is supported by the simple fact that he is a historian, and the head of a league of historians with galactic-wide resources. The mere fact that he had intimate knowledge of all Sidious's plots ought to be quite clear that he was damn good at getting accurate bits of information.

So, you're saying Han Solo - if dedicated - could "give himself completely to the dark side"? How about no. It took power and dedication.

Strength to the point that he managed to conceal his presence from the Jedi for decades, and he was responsible for the imbalance in the Force, as well as diminishing the Jedi's ability to use the Force. Name to me some Sith who did that.

No. Dooku "was one of the very most gifted duelists in the Jedi Order's history", and Yoda thought that he was "the most learned pupil of the Force" in his (Yoda's) time as a Jedi. That's 800 years.

Sexy "Whine-about-everything" Back accusing me of whining? Yeah. Again, why do you discuss things you're ignorant about? The double standards you speak of are when "power is ambiguous" only when it applies to Sidious and none other.

Power = intellect?

It didn't say "the one born with the intellect...". It said power. There's a difference. But, I guess, not having an abundance of intellect, you really wouldn't understand. sad

Darth Sexy
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/Kyrian_Zenda/pwned.jpg

xxXAcStylesXxx
Lol!

General Kenobl
Vader really didn't make the Sith stronger, because all he did was remove the Rule of Two restriction upon the Sith and allowed Krayt's Sith Lords to rise in power. However, that doesn't equate to the feats Bane and Revan did (well Bane did it, but Revan was the mastermind beyond all of that).

Vera21
I think the Sith'ari thing is stupid. doped

overlord
Sith going light side and then sith rising to power hundreds of years after it does not sound like heroes of the sith to me.

Kadesh
About vader..

Well didnt he kill palpatine, the last sith lord during that time? He did make the sith stronger technically,

Sidious came back in DE far stronger than he was before..

Anyways i think Bane is, i gotta agree with what gideon and the others say

Allankles
The whole Sithari legend is bs. A perfect being? No such being exists, and the rest of the prophecy is pretty open to interpretation. You do realize that the POD author wrote Kotor 1's story line and in effect created the Sithari myth?

Even in Kotor 1, Yuthura mentions that the Sithari is nothing but a myth, and is merely the metaphorical bar every Sith sets for themselves.

Tangible God
If ever it WAS fulfilled, it was Bane, or maybe Kaan, I really don't know. Who ever set off the Thought Bomb destroyed the Sith, (that was Kaan, wasn't it?) and who ever made them better (Bane) fulfilled the prophecy.

The Chosen One prophecy doesn't quite fit this, but it could be said that because Anakin dropped Sidious over that reactor shaft, it allowed him to come back even more powerful in the DE.

But w/e, I still think the Chosen One prophecy is a different prophecy all together.

Darth Subjekt
Well i thought that in Empires End (right?) that when Palps went to Korriban, the ancients offered him the spot they made specifically for Vader, implying that Vader was it...is that not right? I'm just saying...really i couldn't care less, but it seemed viable to me.

Sexyback
Vader didn't really lead the sith, he was Palpatine's lackey, that's all, and the prophecy implies that the Sith'ari would lead the sith, and then destroy them, yet through their destruction, make them stronger. Vader doesn't apply.

Darth Sexy
According to Lumiya and various sources, the Sith DID die with Vader and Sidious. DE Sidious was just the same Sidious in a clone body, he didn't earn the right to be called a sith. Everyone else was a dark jedi, and the "Legacy" sith were pretenders.

Lightsnake
I personaly go for the idea that the balance was so strong with Palpatine's temporary death that not even his return could affect it.

Fromw hat we know now, the Sith'Ari is probably Palpatine, Revan or Bane, probably Bane

The Sith'ari
Palpatine? Look Trousersnake, we can accept that you rate your man pretty highly, but there's no reason to try and pass off that he's the sith's chosen one now, because that's ridiculous, he in no way applies.

Captain REX
There's also no reason to slander Lightsnake for his opinion.

Utrigita
I how that you think this idea is lame and you are welcome to burn me for it, but the fact is that the sith, the true sith is a race thats a fact, the sith is the titled used for some one, but it has the same effekt as saying dark jedi, so perhaps we need to look beyond the 3 characters mentiont, I would look in the races one linies for a Sith'ari because when you think about it Naga Shadow also fits in

Darth Sexy
Naga Sadow didn't destroy the sith nor make them stronger.

Lightsnake
Sith'Ari? Who made the Sith 'greater' by wiping out the Jedi and taking over the Galaxy? Palpatine. How did he achieve this? By destroying Plagueis. The theory has been around a while.

Naga Sadow is about tbhe exact opposite of the Sith'ari....an he did destroy them if you count utter tactical stupidity

Utrigita
there isn't mentioned in what manner the sith would be destroyed, and it wasn't palpatine that wiped out the jedi it was Darth Vader,and palpatine wasn't that kind of destroy-all-around-you-sith he was a manipulator. but another throught is Sith'ari that means lord is the same as the titel dark lord of the sith which I think it is then there isn't many how fits the desciption and that is revan and bane (perhaps exar kun)

The Sith'ari
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Sith'Ari? Who made the Sith 'greater' by wiping out the Jedi and taking over the Galaxy? Palpatine. How did he achieve this? By destroying Plagueis. The theory has been around a while.

All he did was destroy the master; he, the apprentice, still lived. The prophecy also implies that The Sith'ari would lead the sith before destroying them, Palpatine was still the apprentice.

General Kenobl
Whoever the candidates are, as of right now, the best choice for the Sith'Ari is Darth Bane.

Utrigita
How do you come to that conclusion general???

Lightsnake
Utrigita: It was Palpatine who destroyed the Jedi. he masterminded their fall completely. And Exar Kun was a loser for the title of Sith'Ari, he's not even close.

Sith'Ari: 'The Sith' could easily apply to the singular, and Plagueis was 'The Sith' at the time. Palpatine destroyed the Sith-his master- and in the process made the sith greater than ever before. The prophecy only implies that the Sith'Ari will one day lead the Sith, not before or after they destroy them...Bane did NOT lead a thing before Kaan's order was gone

The Sith'ari
So you seriously want to argue that 'destroy the sith' refers to one individual sith? LOL!
Now don't be ridiculous Lightsnake, if that were the case, it would have been made clear who 'the sith' was in reference to.

Wrong, it's pretty clear that the prophecy implies that the Sith'ari would already be leading the sith, do some research!

Lightsnake
this is why people ridicule you. And Bane's 'leading the Sith' apparently referred to him leading one inidivual Sith, LOL!

all that is said, is the Sith'Ari will destroy the Sith and through their destruction make them greater than ever before. I think you should stop lying

The Sith'ari
I can't be arsed to look through KotOR, PoD, or Evil Never Dies right now, but you're wrong. In fact, wookiepedia's article gives a perfect explanation of what the prophecy entails.

Lightsnake
He uses Wookieepedia when his back's to the wall...Somehow your credibility is less than impeccable.

And Bane never led the Sith before their destruction. Palpatine at least had the title Dark Lord.

Tangible God
Utrigita: It was Palpatine who destroyed the Jedi. he masterminded their fall completely. And Exar Kun was a loser for the title of Sith'Ari, he's not even close.

Sith'Ari: 'The Sith' could easily apply to the singular, and Plagueis was 'The Sith' at the time. Palpatine destroyed the Sith-his master- and in the process made the sith greater than ever before. The prophecy only implies that the Sith'Ari will one day lead the Sith, not before or after they destroy them...Bane did NOT lead a thing before Kaan's order was gone I like this possibility.

The Sith'ari
He uses Wookieepedia when his back's to the wall...Somehow your credibility is less than impeccable.

Wookiepedia can be reliable, like most of the time. I've also happened to have heard that stuff from the original source material.

He was leading the sith before destroying them; he was a dark lord in an order where 'all were equals', and he basically was leading the sith in the war when he came to Ruusan; he came back with all these godly ancient sith teachings, was able to completely ignore and disregards Kaan's orders and wishes, and was basically the guy in charge, he even made Kaan his b1tch and had him do just exactly what he wanted.

So did Bane you dolt. In fact, he was the one sith that was claiming the title Darth.
Palpatine was still Pleuigis' b1tch - the apprentice. He in no way lead the sith.

Lightsnake
I have no assurance you didn't just edit that article to suit your point.

2. What? Bane REJECTED the title and headed off to Lehon in order to study Revan's holocron. He led nothing. He never commanded the Sith....and ignore Kaan's orders and wishes? Sure, that's great...this means he's a renegade, not a leader

3. And again: Bane led as much as Palpatine did. Again: The Sith Apprentice is still A Dark Lord of the Sith. Bane made sure there were only two....face it, Palpatine's a contender

Kadesh
Originally posted by The Sith'ari
I can't be arsed to look through KotOR, PoD, or Evil Never Dies right now, but you're wrong. In fact, wookiepedia's article gives a perfect explanation of what the prophecy entails. You sure are a hypocrite, you kept bitching to people how unrealiable wookie is and now you use it

Darth Sexy
Nobody pays attention to this fool anymore. He's an incompetent forum clown, nothing more.

Captain REX
Bane never led the Sith except for the instance on Ruusan where Kaan conceded to Bane's plan and all the Sith unified to perform that massive shockwave...but that was the last time, before the Thought Bomb went off.

Palpatine's a contender. He put them in control, something I don't think the Sith ever fully did prior to his bid for power. Bane didn't rule the galaxy, did he?

Gideon
Perhaps. But "stronger than ever?" Is that a reference to DE Sidious or Krayt's Sith (which most of us - even the characters - consider psuedo Sith)?

Captain REX
Hmm, good point. Krayt's Sith really ARE in control...but, then again, I don't consider them really Sith. There's GOTTA be something that exposes them as not the real thing. Not to mention that all their soldiers are absolute fodder. Master Sazen and Shado Vao cut them down like I would cut a piece of cheese for my sandwiche.

Gideon
I think the proof came along when none of the other Sith acknowledged Krayt as a Sith Lord. Really, he's just a clever Dark Jedi with a really big Dark Jedi army. stick out tongue

Lightsnake
yeah, Krayt's Sith aren't doing too well on Vendaxa currently....three imperial knights and two Jedi are apparently tearing them to pieces

Make that just three Imperial Knights, Shado and wolf are engaged in single combat

Captain REX
Just two Imperial Knights, I thought?

The Sith'ari
No, there are actually three.

Captain REX
Well, there's Antares and Ganner, who's the third?

The Sith'ari
I have no assurance you didn't just edit that article to suit your point.

1. Check the edit history.

2. The guy with the Zelda sig brought the same point up.

1. When he came back, they all treated him like a Dark Lord (listened to him, respected him, referred to him as Lord...), the fact that he wasn't at the ceremony means little.

2. You have to remember that bane was the only one who claimed the Darth title for himself.

1. Technically, all the DLs led the sith in some way or another in battle, 'leading the sith' doesn't necessarily mean that you would have to be the leader.

2. This was a brotherhood where all were equal...

3. You forget that Bane basically made Kaan his puppet; he convinced him to use the thought bomb and was playing him like a b1tch.

That wasn't my actual point, I wasn't too clear, my bad, Rex explained it perfectly in his post - "on Ruusan where Kaan conceded to Bane's plan and all the Sith unified to perform that massive shockwave".

He was still the apprentice, it's not like the old system where everyone was equal, there were two sith; the leader, and the lackey. Palpatine just happened to be the lackey at this point in time.

The Sith'ari
Originally posted by Captain REX

Can't remember, but there's three for sure; the guy who was in love with Sia, the woman, and the guy with the ponytail.

Advent
Originally posted by Captain REX

Sigel Dare, the female Imperial Knight.

Lightsnake
1. Check the edit history.

2. The guy with the Zelda sig brought the same point up.
Edit history tells you when and exact?
Besides, there's nothing like you're implyin

1. This means he was a leader?
2. Big deal. So'd Darth Rivan

Yet you whine about Palpatine's leadership interpretation?

Your point being? None of this equates to leading.
And you're still lying: They don't have to lead the Sith before they destroy them

When there's equality, there's no leader and Palpatinr at least had the dLOTS title.
Either way, Palp destroyed the Sith to lead them and becomes more powerful.

QED

Darth Subjekt
so if they didn't have to lead the Sith before destroying them, then why couldn't it be Vader?

Kadesh
Vader did make the sith invincible, remember palpatine who came back from the dead more powerful than ever? for a time he was invincible

The Sith'ari
Technically speaking, the sith died at Endor, De Sidious was nothing more than a clone, a copy, so Vader doesn't quite apply.

Kadesh
He did, because the sith came back from the dead, and was invincible for a time.

And Sidous wasnt just a simple "clone" His spirit possesed the clone and that is enough to verifiy it is the actual sidious

Darth Sexy
According to Lucas and Lumiya, the sith died at endor. DE Sidious was a clown and hadn't actually worked to become a real sith. Everyone after was a pretender.

The Sith'ari
GL confirmed that the sith died at Endor, and an explanation was already given: DE Sidious was nothing more than a copy.

Kadesh
Isnt DE sidious actually the sidious we see the movies? Why would he be a clown? He never declared any other people a sith, Not even luke was considered a sith lord, he was stll following the rule of two, he wanted luke to join him And didnt DESB state he was a sith lord? The quote does apply "The most powerful sith lord had returned" or something lke that, LS gave me the quote

Lightsnake
And the EU confirmed DE Sidious was he real Palpatine. Hence the EU being alternate

Darth Sexy
You're missing the point Kadesh, the sith died at Endor. DE Sidious is just a clone, he didn't have to do anything to earn the title of "DLOTS", so he's not considered in the prophecy of Anakin destroying the sith.

The Sith'ari
Sexy, you're not explaining it very clearly, how about leaving the discussion?
Kadesh, he was an artificial sith, and it's made clear through official sources that DE Sidious wasn't a true sith, just an artificial one.

Lightsnake
Bullshit. Even the narrative in issue Six calls him 'The Sith Lord'

The Sith'ari
By your logic, Anakin isn't The Chosen One.

Lightsnake
He is. The balance was simply too strong to be affected anymore, even by Sith.
That simple.

Darth Sexy
Why is dumbass Nebaris even in this conversation?

The Sith'ari
He is. The balance was simply too strong to be affected anymore, even by Sith.
That simple.

That's bullshit and you know it, GL makes it clear that restoring balance is simply completely destroying the sith for good, so you can either accept that DE doesn't fit into continuity, or accept that DE Sidious wasn't a true sith.

Gideon
That's bullshit and you know it, GL makes it clear that restoring balance is simply completely destroying the sith for good, so you can either accept that DE doesn't fit into continuity, or accept that DE Sidious wasn't a true sith.

Palpatine's clone carried his essence - his spirit was the same one present in him throughout the movies. Lumiya did not consider him "a true Sith" by virtue of training or teaching. Aside from that, Anakin's sacrifice broke the grip Palpatine had on the galaxy - the Sith as an institution were destroyed by RotJ and the Empire had begun its decline.

Kadesh
EDIT

Bespin Bart
Originally posted by Advent
Sigel Dare, the female Imperial Knight.

I don't think Sigel's on Vendaxa, she's just on the cover...

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think Jacen might be the chosen one. Although I am thinking of someone else.

Tangible God
Another valuable piece of information given to a dead thread.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Tangible God
Another valuable piece of information given to a dead thread.
LOL!

And now Jacen is a candidate for The Chosen One or Sithari title? hahaha!

Utrigita
What I think we need to remember in on the sith'ari speculations is in what Game it was mentioned, and the alternate ending in the dark side, if we consider that ending as the "accepted ending" then Revan matches the description on the Sith'ari.

Tangible God
If you mean KOTOR then it can't really apply to Revan. If he's canonically Light, he destroys the Sith, period.

If he's Dark then he retakes command of the Sith, not destroys them and makes them better.

Darth Sexy
Well no, Revan technically destroyed the sith and at the same time made them stronger, but he did it unintentionally by turning back to the light side. The Sith'ari has to be Bane but he wasn't a perfect being. It could be Sidious but seeing as how there were only 2 sith at a time, destroying your master doesn't exactly constitute as "destroying the sith and making them stronger".

Utrigita
so the bottom line the Sith'ari doesn't exist in a character ... yet maybe in the KOTOR III

LORDSIDIOUS01
How can Revan be the chosen one, He's dead. Isn't the chosen one supposed to be someone that is alive and well.

Tangible God
The Chosen One and the Sith'ari are two separate prophecies.

The Chosen One Prophecy is the "One who will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force."

The anarchistic Sith'ari Prophecy is the "Perfect being who will destroy the Sith and rebuild them to make them stronger."

The Chosen One Proph. can only be Anakin in killing Palpatine on the Death Star, or Luke or Leia in finally killing him in Dark Empire.

The Sith'ari Proph. can only be (from what I see) as either Bane or maybe Kaan for unleashing the Thought Bomb and destroying the then current disorganized Sith. Or perhpas Anakin again for killing Palpatine, only to result (through the Butterfly Effect) in the Sith once again rising to take control under Darth Krayt, though Legacy is still unresolved.

Darth Sexy
The sith didn't get stronger after Anakin killed Sidious. As lucas said, the Sith died with Sidious on Endor.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
How can Revan be the chosen one, He's dead. Isn't the chosen one supposed to be someone that is alive and well.

As far as we know right now Revan is still alive in the unknown regions. Bane is still the leading candidate.

Tangible God
The sith didn't get stronger after Anakin killed Sidious. As lucas said, the Sith died with Sidious on Endor. Welcome to EU, where Palpatine returns and the Sith take over 130 years later.

Darth Sexy
Palpatine returned as a clone, and Darth Krayt and his sith were deemed pretenders. When I said Lucas' statement, it was including the EU. The last of the real sith died on Endor.

Tangible God
So Palpatine, though insane and a clone, using Sith alchemy and powerful Dark Side technique's, is NOT a Sith?

Darth Sexy
No, even Lumiya states that he wasn't a true sith, that he was a clone who just acquired all the knowledge and power of the first Palpatine.

LORDSIDIOUS01
How old is Revan? How old is Krayt?

Tangible God
No, even Lumiya states that he wasn't a true sith, that he was a clone who just acquired all the knowledge and power of the first Palpatine. Begging your pardon, but...what? The last true Sith was Naga Sadow, but those are semantics.

Are you saying that Palpatine's bodiless spirit, which spent seven years after Endor getting into a clone body he had prepared beforehand on Byss with Sate Pestage's help, using a similar Sith technique he had used on Bevel Lemelisk like 7 times, was not actually a Sith? Are you saying that that Palpatine wasn't even Palpatine? Or are you getting Dark Empire confused with the cloned Thrawn?

allfg
Revan's probably pretty young, given that by the start of KotOR, Trask Ulgo says something like, 'we haven't seen your kind or potential in a raw recruit in years' implying that he was pretty young. Most likely in his twenties. I really don't see why you would consider him the Sith'ari. His destruction of Malak's order didn't make the sith stronger, and he wasn't leading the sith when he destroyed them.

allfg
The explanation given was that he was an artificial sith. Kinda lame really, but it's either that, or DE doesn't fit into continuity.

Darth Sexy
Begging your pardon, but...what? The last true Sith was Naga Sadow, but those are semantics.

Are you saying that Palpatine's bodiless spirit, which spent seven years after Endor getting into a clone body he had prepared beforehand on Byss with Sate Pestage's help, using a similar Sith technique he had used on Bevel Lemelisk like 7 times, was not actually a Sith? Are you saying that that Palpatine wasn't even Palpatine? Or are you getting Dark Empire confused with the cloned Thrawn?

Actually when I say the last sith I don't mean the species, I mean the concept of the DLOTS and all that stuff. And yes, Lumiya says the clone was not a real sith, and Lucas said the Sith in belief and everything else died on Endor, and that Anakin fulfilled the prophecy.

Tangible God
Actually when I say the last sith I don't mean the species, I mean the concept of the DLOTS and all that stuff. And yes, Lumiya says the clone was not a real sith, and Lucas said the Sith in belief and everything else died on Endor, and that Anakin fulfilled the prophecy. As you can read in the rules Ush recently put up, there are two separate canons, EU has its own. And in the EU, the Sith survived past Endor.

allfg
The EU still has to conform to Lucas and the movies, however.

Tangible God
So that would mean the entire DE is now no longer within the EU continuity. It would also mean Lumiya, Jacen, Krayt, the whole Legacy she-bang are also outside the EU canon. That wouldn't make sense now would it?

allfg
Again, the explanation given was that he was an artificial sith. It's lame, I know, but it's the only valid explanation that can be given.

No. Lumiya, Jacen and Krayt's order were never part of the true sith order like Palpatine and Vader were, they weren't ordained by true sith lords. All they are, are dark jedi who are claiming the name and posing as sith.

No it wouldn't now.

Marxman
Sorry, fill me in on the convo. Who's an artificial Sith and what is the explanation.

Darth Sexy
So that would mean the entire DE is now no longer within the EU continuity. It would also mean Lumiya, Jacen, Krayt, the whole Legacy she-bang are also outside the EU canon. That wouldn't make sense now would it?

You're not understanding dude. Lucas said this REGARDING the EU. The sith died on Endor, the clone was a clone, and Darth Krayt is a pretender. Lumiya even confirms this.

Tangible God
You're not understanding dude. Lucas said this REGARDING the EU. The sith died on Endor, the clone was a clone, and Darth Krayt is a pretender. Lumiya even confirms this. I can understand how everyone after Palpatine can be considered phonies or pretenders, honestly I haven't read Legacy so I won't pretend to be an expert. I actually have a question I'd like answered: Did Jacen, or Krayt's Sith ever learn from dead Sith spirits or ancient Sith scrolls or teachings etc.? Because if they did, and are still considered false, could not the same apply to Kun, Revan, Bane etc.? Again, just something I've meant to clarify for myself.

Did Lucas actually state that DE Palpatine is not the spirit and mind of Palpatine imbued into a clone body? Cause if that's what he said, then... wow. If not then again, Bevel Lemelisk was killed by Palpatine, and all his clones were completely separate people, just with similar memories, not Bevel's mind and spirit transferred to another body using Sith techniques.

Again, if Lucas actually stated this, then I've lost what little respect I had for the man's creative spark.

Darth Sexy
I can understand how everyone after Palpatine can be considered phonies or pretenders, honestly I haven't read Legacy so I won't pretend to be an expert. I actually have a question I'd like answered: Did Jacen, or Krayt's Sith ever learn from dead Sith spirits or ancient Sith scrolls or teachings etc.? Because if they did, and are still considered false, could not the same apply to Kun, Revan, Bane etc.? Again, just something I've meant to clarify for myself.
Krayt somehow found the holocrons of Bane, Nihilus, and Andeddu. They all called him a pretender and refused to teach him.

Yea I must admit, I think all of the EU crap ruined his legacy but he was fine with it, he did stay that the sith died on Endor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.