Rocky Balboa Reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack Daniels
So how was it....? Give your opinion and vote!!

forumcrew
I wouldnt lump 4 in with 5. While 4 wasnt the greatest 5 is in the barrel with some of the worst movies of all time.

That being said this is a LARGE improvement. The person who said its worse didnt see it or is in love with tommy gunn. Either way they cant be serious. THe movie does start a bit slow and I guess that could turn some people off but no one should expect non stop action after all boxing matches arnt very long.

Jack Daniels
Im lumping 4 and 5 together due to reviews(posts) here on KMC seems like not many liked 4 & 5........3 was my fav.....well i dunno 1 and 2 good also..... 4 I thought okay, my youngin liked 4 best....and has whole collection and watched at least 20 times each.....we havent went to see it yet as wife and I worked (her day me night) so we are WAITING for day off together.....but want to hear all! WE LOVE SPOILERS BUT....I guess list spoilers with spoiler tags so the mod doesnt spank us...lol...

Jack Daniels
Well a mod going by handle backfire stated in the official thread that this movie was best since the original..thanx for the review...But I want spoilers!...lol...

vader519
I saw the movie last night and it was great. I loved it. Here are some spoilers.

For the most part, the movie is about Rocky dealing with the grief of losing everyone close to him in his life. He visits Adrian's grave every week and keeps a chair there. He also goes and visits all the places that he and Adrian would go to, like the ice rank, which has since been demolished, the pet store where she worked, and Rocky's old apartment. Rocky decides he wants to fight, cause he got a beast inside him, a lot of guilt and grief that he needs to get out. Then we have Mason Dixon, who is the Champ, but people hate him cause he beats cream puffs for opponents. ESPN has the simulated fight between the two, which gets both men interested in fighting. What started out as a little exhibition, blows up into a circus. We get to the fight, which goes the distance, Rocky gets the beast out of himself, Mason gets his respect. In the end, Rocky loses by spilt decision, but it was not about winning or losing, it was going out there and going out on his own terms. At the end of the movie, Rocky visits Adrian, and says "Yo Adrian, we did it".

I loved the movie, and the way it is shot, and this is the sequel to Rocky. It ends the saga beautifully.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by vader519
I saw the movie last night and it was great. I loved it. Here are some spoilers.

For the most part, the movie is about Rocky dealing with the grief of losing everyone close to him in his life. He visits Adrian's grave every week and keeps a chair there. He also goes and visits all the places that he and Adrian would go to, like the ice rank, which has since been demolished, the pet store where she worked, and Rocky's old apartment. Rocky decides he wants to fight, cause he got a beast inside him, a lot of guilt and grief that he needs to get out. Then we have Mason Dixon, who is the Champ, but people hate him cause he beats cream puffs for opponents. ESPN has the simulated fight between the two, which gets both men interested in fighting. What started out as a little exhibition, blows up into a circus. We get to the fight, which goes the distance, Rocky gets the beast out of himself, Mason gets his respect. In the end, Rocky loses by spilt decision, but it was not about winning or losing, it was going out there and going out on his own terms. At the end of the movie, Rocky visits Adrian, and says "Yo Adrian, we did it".

I loved the movie, and the way it is shot, and this is the sequel to Rocky. It ends the saga beautifully.

Damn, now I'm all spoiled. sad

That's about what I figured would happen anyways.

Sounds good, I'll go check it out.

And thanks Vader519 for using the spoiler tags. smile

OTHERS have not been so curteous in the past.

you know who you are.

stick out tongue

forumcrew
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
But I want spoilers!...lol...

Here are some random things that happen

Paulie gets fired
Rockys relationship with his son is very good in the end
Mason Dixon breaks his hand early in the fight
Rocky gets a ragged dog names it Punchy
He still has his turtles
He owns a restaurant called Adriens
He meets a new girl (who he semi-knew long ago)

Jack Daniels
Loving it keep the spoilers coming!!!! Thanx all!

Bicnarok
Well ill remember to miss this one.

ToMacco
It was as good as the first one. If you like the other movies, then you'll LOVE it!

=Tired Hiker=

I thought your spoiler was beautiful. I probably won't go see it, but I'll read the spoiler again sometime, very nice!

ToMacco
Every time I watch a Rocky movie I want to work out.

BackFire
Originally posted by ToMacco
Every time I watch a Rocky movie I want to work out.

Hahaha, me too.

But yeah, this movie was nearly as good as the first. It's almost like a remake, very similar in all respects.

ToMacco
Why did Tilia Shire (or whatever the hell her name is) want to do this one? Was she too fat and ugly, or did Stallone actually write her dead in his original script?

vader519
Orginally, Stallone had Adrian in the script for Rocky Balboa, but everytime he worte a new draft, it did not seem right that she was in the movie, because it would be the same thing o Adrian telling Rocky not to fight, and we have seen that before. So to get to Rocky and make him a broken man, he decided to have her died in the movie.

ToMacco
So she didn't actually turn down the role?

Mr Parker
Well I finally saw this movie and even though I liked it,I wouldnt go as far as Backfire and Tomacco have and say that its as good as the first one or the second best ever.Not anywhere near as good as the first 3 films,but definetly better than those last two crapfest Rocky movies Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 thank god.

bakerboy
I just saw it this week, and it was good. Better than i thought, but not as good as the first two rockys.

But a very decent movie with an older rocky. Good job by Stallone.

Rogue Jedi
i was let down immensely. this movie, not counting rocky 5, was the worst of the series. where was the emotion?

Quiero Mota

Excellent critique.

I thought it was gonna suck, but the old man really pulled it off. I actually found my self yelling at, and really getting into the fight.

And I think the fact that Rocky lost was a smart move on Sly's part, otherwise the movie would've been too predicatable and cheesy.

Rogue Jedi
i just didnt feel it. when i watch rocky fighting apollo, in 1 and 2, i get the whole tingly feeling. this movie, i felt nothing.

rockycairns
am i the only one who liked Rocky V

rockycairns
this was on par with the first for the emotion aspect it was powerful and moving

it was as good as the first in my opinion

Supreme being
Originally posted by rockycairns
this was on par with the first for the emotion aspect it was powerful and moving

it was as good as the first in my opinion

I strongly disagree but thats IMHO.

doomsday49
i like this movie. Even tho the fighting sequence is still crap, this movie had heart. And i'm glad they made him lose by decision, that's the only plausible way to end it(ain't no 60 year old man winning no match). Stallone really knows the character he was playing.

Cory Chaos
Saw it, seemed very empty and contrived. Just Rocky not being able to let go, mostly.

ragesRemorse
i was pleasantly surprised with this installment. Going into the cineman i was expecting nothing but was given a nice expereince.

to me Rocky 1 & 2 are the best Rocky flicks. Nothing can compare with the unexcpected inspiration that the first one radiates. Rocky two feels like the second half of the first movie, and not so much a sequal.

I'm still undecided on the third movie. Everytime i watch it. I seem to have mixed reviews. Sometimes i like it and other times it just seems childish. One aspect i always like about rocky3 was the fact that Rocky actually learned how to fight. He diddnt just act as a punching post until he wore down his competitor. His style resembled a realt boxers. It was the only movie of the series he diddnt act as a brawler.

gorwing up 4 was always my favorite, but now it feels almost as silly as 5.

mr.smiley
I give it a B-.
It didn't have the jazzyness of the older films but I think they ment to make it seem that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.