Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
I'm curious just how powerful people consider Dr Strange.

Dr Strange with 5 minutes prep time before the fight -- for defensive actions.

vs

GLs
Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
John Stewart
Kilowog

Supermen
Superman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam

Flashes
Jay Garrick
Barry Allen
Wally West
Bart Allen

Standard rules apply. The fight begins instantaneously at the end of the 5 minutes.

Discuss.

Evangel94
Is Dr. Strange fighting each person in each category individually?

Soljer
Strange stops time and turns them into tables.

Not necessarily because I believe Strange would win....

Just because I like the visual depiction of Lanterns, Superman, and Flashes as tables.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange stops time and turns them into tables.

Not necessarily because I believe Strange would win....

Just because I like the visual depiction of Lanterns, Superman, and Flashes as tables. It would be interesting to see, one wonders if as tables whether they would retain their colouring and logos.

I like Strange, and he is indeed very powerful, but I'm just wondering exactly how powerful people consider him.

If with no prep whatsoever he can prevent a speedblitz and stop time, and his control of time is insurmountable... this is basically an extrapolation. erm

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It would be interesting to see, one wonders if as tables whether they would retain their colouring and logos.

I like Strange, and he is indeed very powerful, but I'm just wondering exactly how powerful people consider him.

If with no prep whatsoever he can prevent a speedblitz and stop time, and his control of time is insurmountable... this is basically an extrapolation. erm

Indeed, a lightning bolt emblazoned table, an S-shield table, a table with massive ti....oh, wait, Wonder Woman isn't in this fight. erm.

xmarksthespot
Hmm as an S-shield table, do you think he'd still be immune to the OE?

Soljer
Hmm as an S-shield table, do you think he'd still be immune to the OE?

Doctor Strange could start passing out the tables to some of the more downplayed characters.

Just by owning an S-Shield table, J'onn may very well yet live up to his true potential.

And for added effect, the image of the Manhunter charging into battle wielding a Superman table is also quite humorous.

long pig
It would be interesting to see, one wonders if as tables whether they would retain their colouring and logos.

His time manipulation is pretty high though.

Evangel94
He's around Herald level with no prep.

With prep he's a monster. With his prepartaion of all his artifacts in his mystic sanctum, he was able to stalemate Thanos with the Inifinity Gauntlet for a short amount of time.

He isn't invincible though. Because he has to call on entities to give him power, he doesn't have much personal reserves of his own. Sorcerors like Loki, who have their own personal power reserves, can and have overwhelmed Dr. Strange.

Also people are hyping up his time manipulation. erm It's not like he does it on a daily basis or everytime he fights someone. Averages count for something people.

Madvillain
he doesnt just have an affect on time in his immediate vicinity, but he can affect time on a global scale- and i doubt that is even his limit, as he's ripped the fabric of a dimension apart before.

With prep, Strange is pretty much unstoppable. He'd either go back in time and kill them before their births, or assume the power of Eternity as he's done before, making him an abstract being.

Either way he wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by Evangel94

With prep he's a monster. With his prepartaion of all his artifacts in his mystic sanctum, he was able to stalemate Thanos with the Inifinity Gauntlet for a short amount of time.

He isn't invincible though. Because he has to call on entities to give him power, he doesn't have much personal reserves of his own. Sorcerors like Loki, who have their own personal power reserves, can and have overwhelmed Dr. Strange.

Also people are hyping up his time manipulation. erm It's not like he does it on a daily basis or everytime he fights someone. Averages count for something people.

So do potentials, he has the potential to affect time on a global scale, instantaneously, and to have meticulous control over it. He explained that he doesn't LIKE to **** with time, hence he rarely does it. However, go check the last page or two of the Strange respect threads, and see just a few of his time manipulation feats. And don't worry - he has plenty more.

Galan007
I'm curious just how powerful people consider Dr Strange.

Dr Strange with 5 minutes prep time before the fight -- for defensive actions.

vs

GLs
Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
John Stewart
Kilowog

Supermen
Superman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam

Flashes
Jay Garrick
Barry Allen
Wally West
Bart Allen

Standard rules apply. The fight begins instantaneously at the end of the 5 minutes.

Discuss. The team would annihilate Strange.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Madvillain
he doesnt just have an affect on time in his immediate vicinity, but he can affect time on a global scale- and i doubt that is even his limit, as he's ripped the fabric of a dimension apart before.

With prep, Strange is pretty much unstoppable. He'd either go back in time and kill them before their births, or assume the power of Eternity as he's done before, making him an abstract being.

Either way he wins.

Validus
Well I guess X just found out exactly how overrated Strange is.

Kurash
Originally posted by Galan007
The team would annihilate Strange.

i 2nd that

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Validus

Why is he being overrated?

Madvillain
Originally posted by H. S. 6

i hardly think someone that can assume the role of Eternity can be described as overrated.

he pwns this team with prep. easily.

xmarksthespot
To clarify (even though it's generally assumed anyway, and I specifically stated it) prep can only be used to perform defensive actions. Time travelling is not a defensive action.

DigiMark007

UniOmni
Strange is being overrated here.

With prep though, its basically going to come down to what trinkets and such can he grab within five minutes.

Strange & The Doctors From the Authority with five minutes of prep, would own that lineup.

Soljer
To clarify (even though it's generally assumed anyway, and I specifically stated it) prep can only be used to perform defensive actions. Time travelling is not a defensive action.

Time travelling in order to secure a more abundant source of artifacts for the fight at hand could certainly be viewed as defensive.

Obviously, though, we cannot allow time manipulators to do so during prep time, because that would then make ANY amount of prep time limitless for said characters.

Even doom or reed could use their time machines, and then have 5 minutes preparation be equivalent to unending decades.

Scary thought.

Accel
I blame the respect threads. I find sometimes when a respect thread is made for a character, that character becomes somewhat overrated for a while. It happened with Spawn and Majestic a while ago iirc and much more recently with my Iron Fist thread.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Time travelling in order to secure a more abundant source of artifacts for the fight at hand could certainly be viewed as defensive.

Obviously, though, we cannot allow time manipulators to do so during prep time, because that would then make ANY amount of prep time limitless for said characters.

Even doom or reed could use their time machines, and then have 5 minutes preparation be equivalent to unending decades.

Scary thought. Yeh, that's basically the reason I specified defensive actions.

If you give Reed Richards 30 min prep, it's unspoken but assumed that he can't use his tech to stop time and have a lifetime's worth or that he can't go back in time and kill his opponent. 5 minutes means 5 minutes. Otherwise an ordinary man with one minute's prep and a time machine can beat a crap load of people they have no business fighting.

UniOmni
Yeah.

Majestic was a perfect example of that.

See a Majestic respect thread, but miss how low his durability is for a top tier.

Chaos ensues.

xmarksthespot
Well originally this thread was going to be Dr Strange vs Oa -- all 7,200 GLs, add Sentinel for fun, oh and all the Guardians -- with no prep... just out of curiosity for what people would say...

Soljer
Well originally this thread was going to be Dr Strange vs Oa -- all 7,200 GLs, add Sentinel for fun, oh and all the Guardians -- with no prep... just out of curiosity for what people would say...

Now, that's not nice.

xmarksthespot
I'm on the other Santa list... shifty

Soljer
I'm on the other Santa list... shifty

Care to prove it to me? shifty

wink.

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Originally posted by Madvillain
i hardly think someone that can assume the role of Eternity can be described as overrated.

he pwns this team with prep. easily.
That's why or rather how.

db_renji
A moment of silence for the fallen Dr. Strange. He gets slaughtered.

long pig
Originally posted by Evangel94

No, no. Lots of wrongness here. Strange has nearly an entire universe of reserved magical power inside him that he's absorbed. He's went to alternate dimensions and completely drained the whole dimension of any ambient energy.

Strange's time manipulation isn't overrated, it's not even underused. He's done it at least 30 times. He's snapped his fingers and stopped time, walked up to a guy and took his weapon THEN he started time up again. Again, as he's said himself, he does NOT like manipulating time because it can **** up an entire universe, hence...he doesn't do it a lot.

Loki wouldn't ever beat Strange, that's silly. Loki, with prep and surprise and the fact that Strange had no clue who he was or if he was a bad guy, got lightly roughed up but he ended up stalemating Loki. Strange has had 2000 power ups since.

But really, not many people have ever seen full potential Strange because he follows universal rules and he's got morals. A full potential Strange would use his mastery over black and white magic. Natural Gaen magic. Chaos magic. Catastrophe Magic. SCIENCE (yes, science based) magic. And so on.

The Strange you read in comics is maybe 1/3 as powerful as he would be if he was bloodlusted.

long pig
Originally posted by db_renji
A moment of silence for the fallen Dr. Strange. He gets slaughtered.
Not a single one of those listed would beat Strange with 5min prep. All he needs is a shield up to stop a blitz, and it's over.

Hell, Strange is on a level so high you can't beat him honestly until you kill his soul, and his soul is protected by Eternity. Sooo....yep.

long pig
Erm, oh. Didn't see that

IBD. Time stopping? Transmuting? Soul Stealing? Are those allowed?

long pig
Explain.

|

Soujaboy
Originally posted by long pig
No, no. Lots of wrongness here. Strange has nearly an entire universe of reserved magical power inside him that he's absorbed. He's went to alternate dimensions and completely drained the whole dimension of any ambient energy.

Strange's time manipulation isn't overrated, it's not even underused. He's done it at least 30 times. He's snapped his fingers and stopped time, walked up to a guy and took his weapon THEN he started time up again. Again, as he's said himself, he does NOT like manipulating time because it can **** up an entire universe, hence...he doesn't do it a lot.

Loki wouldn't ever beat Strange, that's silly. Loki, with prep and surprise and the fact that Strange had no clue who he was or if he was a bad guy, got lightly roughed up but he ended up stalemating Loki. Strange has had 2000 power ups since.

But really, not many people have ever seen full potential Strange because he follows universal rules and he's got morals. A full potential Strange would use his mastery over black and white magic. Natural Gaen magic. Chaos magic. Catastrophe Magic. SCIENCE (yes, science based) magic. And so on.

The Strange you read in comics is maybe 1/3 as powerful as he would be if he was bloodlusted.

Um Long Pig, I love ya in all but a weakened Loki was completely dominating Strange. Strange was saved by Thor before he was killed.

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Um Long Pig, I love ya in all but a weakened Loki was completely dominating Strange. Strange was saved by Thor before he was killed.

And an incredibly empowered Loki was stalemated by Strange.

xmarksthespot
Erm, oh. Didn't see that

IBD. Time stopping? Transmuting? Soul Stealing? Are those allowed? Investor's Business Daily? confused

The rest are allowed but only after the actual fight begins.

juggernaut66666
Strange is getting very overrated here.You guys talk like Gls couldn't stop time..

ExtraMision5555
as far as THIS list goes, i dont think anyone on it is out of stranges leauge

i assume the thread creator ment that they are all being fought individually

long pig
Ohhhhh....

Well, wtf were you thinking? He gets eaten alive for christ's sake.

long pig
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I know what happened and you know as well. You also know that Strange was such a newbie he couldn't even fricken fly yet (although, he was more adept in magic it seemed due to the fact Loki needed him to do what he was unable to do). Yet, he STILL thwarted Loki in a mind battle.

We've went over this before. So, until we can use Action Comics #1 to base Superman's powerlevel, we won't use Strange's third appearance to base his either. He's powered up beyond friggin' belief since then, Loki has not had a single boost.

As for this thread, I didn't know it meant all at the same time. I thought it meant one at a time.

long pig
I'll pretend it's one at a time. He has five minutes prep.

First, GL. If Strange can forcibly yank out the uni-power(which, like the ring, has no real limits) from someone, he can take the energy out of a single GL's ring.

Superman: Shields up? Superman just leaves because he's not stupid.

Wally Flash: Tricky. I don't think Flash can be BFR'd due to the speed force. But, he can have his mind scrambled with telepathic attacks, Grodd made him piss his pants.
If the doesn't work, and Flash gets the idea he can steal Strange's K-energy, Strange would just tuck his body away and come out astral form. No KE to steal. Then Wally realizes that he can't hit or blitz a ghost, he's left with nothing. Strange wouldn't have any problem after that.

xmarksthespot
I'll pretend it's one at a time.But you know it's not. ermm

long pig
But you know it's not. ermm
Are you sure?

I think it is.

xmarksthespot
Are you sure?

I think it is. You think. But you know it isn't. ermm

long pig
I have this....feeling..that it most certainly is.

xmarksthespot
Are you sure that's not indigestion? ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.