Thor vs. Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
All out bloodlusted battle

Priest
Thor

nvrbeenwthagirl
Despero. Despero's Tp is Superior to MM and Thor has been mind controlled before. Despero is Tuffer and stonger.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Despero. Despero's Tp is Superior to MM and Thor has been mind controlled before. Despero is Tougher and stonger.

Thor actually has a good resistance to TP, who's to say he can't withstand Despero's?

Stronger because he beat a few people at the same time? Thor defeated Infinity Watch, along with Surfer and Adam Warlock, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Tougher, says who? Thor's survived explosions that are the equivalent to exploding suns, and stood and battled in the sun.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Thor actually has a good resistance to TP, who's to say he can't withstand Despero's?

Stronger because he beat a few people at the same time? Thor defeated Infinity Watch, along with Surfer and Adam Warlock, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Tougher, says who? Thor's survived explosions that are the equivalent to exploding suns, and stood and battled in the sun.

and Blah blah blah, When thor can beat the combined might of the JLA and JSA, he's in Despero's class, until then, this is baseless fanboyism meant to try and prove a point with a character who is actually just more popular and doesn't really stand a chance. Despero for the win even if thor is more popular.

DigiMark007
Actually, I'd love to see when Thor's been mind-controlled without some sort of plot device. I remember Moondragon with the mind gem had trouble breaching his mental defenses, and Thor was even unconscious at the time.

But yeah, Despero wins. I'm not really an expert on either, but Despero seems to be a team-wrecker, and while Thor might have some great feats I don't see him winning.

Soujaboy
and Blah blah blah, When thor can beat the combined might of the JLA and JSA, he's in Despero's class, until then, this is baseless fanboyism meant to try and prove a point with a character who is actually just more popular and doesn't really stand a chance. Despero for the win even if thor is more popular.

Infinity Watch would most likely wipe the floor with the JSA/JLA. wink

If it's such fanboyisim then you should easily be able to own me and prove your point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Infinity Watch would most likely wipe the floor with the JSA/JLA. wink

If it's such fanboyisim then you should easily be able to own me and prove your point.

Are you serious? You are truly a fan boy if you think that. I could pick a member from each of the JLa that would beat the shit out of the IW. now if your talking the entire teams, the IW gets murked.

DigiMark007
I could pick a member from each of the JLa that would beat the shit out of the IW.

Which tells me you don't know much about IW.

no expression

I agree completely they wouldn't take the entire JLA or JSA. But it would take more than 1-2 from either team for the win.

Soujaboy
Are you serious? You are truly a fan boy if you think that. I could pick a member from each of the JLa that would beat the shit out of the IW. now if your talking the entire teams, the IW gets murked.

Are you serious? You really believe that the JLA can own Infinity watch? laughing laughing laughing laughing hysterical

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Which tells me you don't know much about IW.

no expression

I agree completely they wouldn't take the entire JLA or JSA. But it would take more than 1-2 from either team for the win.

NO it wouldn't

Kyle Rayner GL
Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Flash
Martian Manhunter
WW

And Orion if you Throw in Maxam.

Soujaboy
NO it wouldn't

Kyle Rayner GL
Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Flash
Martian Manhunter
WW

So thats the line up Despero fought?

and Thanos is a special member of Infinity watch...

nvrbeenwthagirl
So thats the line up Despero fought?

and Thanos is a special member of Infinity watch...

NO, I was saying that I could pick members from the JLA/JSA that could beat the Infinity watch.

Soujaboy
NO, I was saying that I could pick members from the JLA/JSA that could beat the Infinity watch.

Now pick out the line up of JLA that Despero fought.

Devil Lance
Now pick out the line up of JLA that Despero fought.

Well from JLA JSA virtue and Vice he owned at the same time
Superman
Captain Marvel
Powergirl
Wonder Woman
Atom Smasher
Hourman
Black Canry
Gren Arrow
Dr. Midnite

and then

in the recent JLA arc he owned this line up of the JLA
he owned
GL Hal
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hawkman
Martian Manhunter
Blackcanry
Aquaman
Red Tornado
Green Arrow
Flash
Batman

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Well from JLA JSA virtue and Vice he owned at the same time
Superman
Captain Marvel
Powergirl
Wonder Woman
Atom Smasher
Hourman
Black Canry
Gren Arrow
Dr. Midnite

and then

in the recent JLA arc he owned this line up of the JLA
he owned
GL Hal
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hawkman
Martian Manhunter
Blackcanry
Aquaman
Red Tornado
Green Arrow
Flash
Batman

And you believe that line up could defeat IW no expression

Devil Lance
And you believe that line up could defeat IW no expression

If by the infinity watch you mean them without th egem and in this lineup
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Trollman
That mdgit guy
Drax
moondragon

then yes the second line up could no expression

Soujaboy
If by the infinity watch you mean them without th egem and in this lineup
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Trollman
That mdgit guy
Drax
moondragon

then yes the second line up could no expression

Dr. Strange
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer
Pip the Troll
Thanos (secret member)
Maxam
Silver Surfer
BRB(He was just there)

This is the Infinity Watch that occured in Blood and Thunder

Now The JLA line up you posted aint beating this team.no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dr. Strange
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer
Pip the Troll
Thanos (secret member)
Maxam
Silver Surfer
BRB(He was just there)

Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Superman
Kyle ( when he had the power to create Oblivion)
Hal Jordan
Flash
Captain Marvel
Maxima

Devil Lance
Dr. Strange
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer
Pip the Troll
Thanos (secret member)
Maxam
Silver Surfer
BRB(He was just there)

This is the Infinity Watch that occured in Blood and Thunder

laughing
Thor would not beat that team

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Superman
Hal Jordan
Flash
Captain Marvel
Maxima

make NOte That once flash beats Pip in one second flat or less, he's free to help others, and Johnny thunder is going to wipe the floor with Thanos and Warlock at the same time.

Soljer
Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Superman
Hal Jordan
Flash
Captain Marvel
Maxima

Despero stomped Dr. Fate and 'Johnny' Thunder? confused

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Soljer

no but when has Thor beaten the team posted

roll eyes (sarcastic)

but its not like you were going to bring that up roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
no but when has Thor beaten the team posted

roll eyes (sarcastic)

but its not like you were going to bring that up roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because I'm not concerned about Thor beating or not beating Despero. I'm concerned with Nvr twisting his statements.

Galvaclaw
I'm not really sure how this a debate. At best Thor is as strong as Superman. Despero can man handle multiple Superman level characters at the same time.

Despero wins.

Kutulu
I'm going to go with Despero on this one. Despero man-handled captain marvel and superman at the same time, Thor even when berserk is going to have a severely hard time on this match.

Devil Lance
Oh I forgot another team Despero has beaten

JLA + JlE
Powergirl
Flash
GL Guy
Martian Manhunter
Rocket Red
Major Dissaster
MetaMorpho
Fire
Lobo
Booster Gold
GL Kilowog
Jessie Quick
Vibe's Brother Reverb
Gypsy
Atom Smasher

Devil Lance
Because I'm not concerned about Thor beating or not beating Despero. I'm concerned with Nvr twisting his statements.

Ignore Nvr then
roll eyes (sarcastic)

anways this debate is pointless Despero destroys Thor with ease roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ignore Nvr then
roll eyes (sarcastic)

anways this debate is pointless Despero destroys Thor with ease roll eyes (sarcastic)

HE doesn't have to ignore me, I never twisted any statement. He's a liar.

nvrbeenwthagirl

What are you talking about? I didn't twist any statement.

Devil Lance
HE doesn't have to ignore me, I never twisted any statement. He's a liar.

then ignore hims aswell

just put him on your ignore list then there will be no more problems simple as that

nvrbeenwthagirl

What the hell are you talking about? I was responding to a post that treid to implicate that I couldn't pick members from the JLA/JSA that could beat the IW. That is what I did. Once you started added people or who ever started adding people, I added more people who I though could beat the IW. I dont' know what you are getting at.

Darth Macabre
I try to stay away from Despero fights, because he's one of my favorite characters....But to be honest, this is a great fight. I think Mjolnir wins it for Thor.

DigiMark007
NO it wouldn't

Kyle Rayner GL
Dr. Fate
Johnny Thunder
Flash
Martian Manhunter
WW

That's more than 1-2. By my count, it's 7.

no expression

...so my assertion that 2 people couldn't beat the IW stands. Teams could, of course, but what you just listed there is easily enough for a team.

Soujaboy
laughing
Thor would not beat that team

That was the team Thor fought, with the exception of Thanos whom he fought afterwards, and BRB whom he fought before hand.

Honestly though I don't care much if Despero can defeat Thor, it was just NVr's logic was getting to me so I decided to use his logic in this thread.

Devil Lance
That was the team Thor fought, with the exception of Thanos whom he fought afterwards, and BRB whom he fought before hand.

Honestly though I don't care much if Despero can defeat Thor, it was just NVr's logic was getting to me so I decided to use his logic in this thread.

Thor could not beat that team

he would have no chance at all

if that actually happened that puts SMvSFL to shame no expression

Soujaboy
Thor could not beat that team

he would have no chance at all

if that actually happened that puts SMvSFL to shame no expression

Yea it happened...

Did you ever consider that maybe it was SmvsFL when Despero defeated the JLA?

jrodslam
Despero.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That's more than 1-2. By my count, it's 7.

no expression

...so my assertion that 2 people couldn't beat the IW stands. Teams could, of course, but what you just listed there is easily enough for a team.

huh? All I did was name the same amount of people that the IW has. Unless I miscounted. But the IW is easily Matched or beaten by a few beings from DC. as a Matter of Fact, let me make a thread about it. smile

Mider999
despero in my opinion wins

UniOmni
Johnny Thunder is overrated as hell on this board.

People who haven't read the books see that he's an imp, think Mxy in the Worlds Funniest, and automatically make him the universal destroyer that he never was.

I'd give Strange odds for the easy majority over Jakeem and his genie.

Dr. Fate is nice and all, but Hector isn't that great........yet.

He did defeat Mordu, but everybody has their high ends.

DigiMark007
huh? All I did was name the same amount of people that the IW has. Unless I miscounted. But the IW is easily Matched or beaten by a few beings from DC. as a Matter of Fact, let me make a thread about it. smile

Actually no. Don't. The team you named obviously wins. I never said they wouldn't. The original stipulation was you telling me that 1 person from the JLA could beat IW.

But thanks for completely ignoring my point. Kudos for attempting to make yourself look sweet in an debate where you've done nothing but misinterpret my words.

wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually no. Don't. The team you named obviously wins. I never said they wouldn't. The original stipulation was you telling me that 1 person from the JLA could beat IW.

But thanks for completely ignoring my point. Kudos for attempting to make yourself look sweet in an debate where you've done nothing but misinterpret my words.

wink

I misinterpreted you. I thought you meant, name 1 for 1 who could beat the IW. I never said anyone person from the JLA could beat the IW. Unless you count someone ampted up like Klye Ion or something like that. It was a mix up. nothing more.

Soujaboy
I misinterpreted you. I thought you meant, name 1 for 1 who could beat the IW. I never said anyone person from the JLA could beat the IW. Unless you count someone ampted up like Klye Ion or something like that. It was a mix up. nothing more.

Your extremely stupid. no expression

Devil Lance
Yea it happened...

Did you ever consider that maybe it was SmvsFL when Despero defeated the JLA?

But he has beaten the JLA many times its not sMvsFL when its consistent with Continuity.

Despero has been shown to be capable of being a high end team wrecker Thor has not.

You really can't compare the two

Devil Lance

wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)
way to be fair digi

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your extremely stupid. no expression

COming from you, that means absolutely nothing.

Mindship
I've seen Despero only in JLA: Another Nail. Superman positively creamed him, along with his bad-guy buddies. Hardly the powerhouse I see in the above.

Thor would mop the floor with Des.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Mindship
My first intro to Despero was in JLA: Another Nail. Superman positively creamed him, along with his bad-guy buddies. Hardly the powerhouse I see in the above.

you know thats great but Another nail= Non cnaon

how using cannon comics to judge a character next time kay roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindship
Ah, didn't realize. Thanks for the info. What DC experiment was that from?

Devil Lance
Ah, didn't realize. Thanks for the info. What DC experiment was that from?

Elseworlds/hypertime wink

Mindship
I've heard of that. What's the idea of it?

Devil Lance
I've heard of that. What's the idea of it?

Elseworlds= different timeline/ reality/universe from standard DcU aka another nail or Kingdome come

Hypertime= colection of the various timelines/realities/universes

Mindship
Cool. Thnx.

Soujaboy
But he has beaten the JLA many times its not sMvsFL when its consistent with Continuity.

Despero has been shown to be capable of being a high end team wrecker Thor has not.

You really can't compare the two

Hulk too has been consistently displayed ad a "team wrecker", still however characters are believe to job to him in their battles.

Wolverine has consistently shown that he can hang and take punishment from the top tiers of Marvel, still however people will argue to the end that characters job to him.

Need I go on?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hulk too has been consistently displayed ad a "team wrecker", still however characters are believe to job to him in their battles.

Wolverine has consistently shown that he can hang and take punishment from the top tiers of Marvel, still however people will argue to the end that characters job to him.

Need I go on?

So then Thanos being shown to consistantly beat TOp tiers and beign a team wrecker would mean characters then JOb to him as well?

Soujaboy
So then Thanos being shown to consistantly beat TOp tiers and beign a team wrecker would mean characters then JOb to him as well?

That's not my logic, thats his. I was using his logic to personify the flaw in it.

Devil Lance

Need I go on?

No you reallly don't roll eyes (sarcastic)

there are sevral flaws to your theory

Hulk since his creation has been shown to be very strong , have a very powerful healing factor, very durable, but also very slow when compared to other top ties he also can't fly . This makes people think it is improable for him to beat people like Thor, Ironman, and Wonderman because of his lack of speed and flight which those heroes have in abundance. Which makes most people think that the majority of those figthts that he wins against those types of characters are because of the other characters jobbing.

Same with wolverine his powerset makes it hard for many people to beleiev that he can beattop tier heroes/villains.

Deespero on the other hand has a powerset that makes it beleive able for him to be a team wrecker. He like hulk ha sgreat strenght however his is good enought to manhandle the likes of Martian Manhunter. Great durability good enough to take hits from various member sof the jlA at the same time, and while he is on the slow side compared to other top tiers he can teleport which more than make for his speed. He also can fly and has uber tp (good enough to beat Martian Manhunter and Aquaman in a telepathich battle at the same time

So in other words Despero's powerset makes his feats beleivable while Hulk and Wolverine's powerset don't

Soujaboy
No you reallly don't roll eyes (sarcastic)

there are sevral flaws to your theory

Hulk since his creation has been shown to be very strong , have a very powerful healing factor, very durable, but also very slow when compared to other top ties he also can't fly . This makes people think it is improable for him to beat people like Thor, Ironman, and Wonderman because of his lack of speed and flight which those heroes have in abundance. Which makes most people think that the majority of those figthts that he wins against those types of characters are because of the other characters jobbing.

Same with wolverine his powerset makes it hard for many people to beleiev that he can beattop tier heroes/villains.

Deespero on the other hand has a powerset that makes it beleive able for him to be a team wrecker. He like hulk ha sgreat strenght however his is good enought to manhandle the likes of Martian Manhunter. Great durability good enough to take hits from various member sof the jlA at the same time, and while he is on the slow side compared to other top tiers he can teleport which more than make for his speed. He also can fly and has uber tp (good enough to beat Martian Manhunter and Aquaman in a telepathich battle at the same time

So in other words Despero's powerset makes his feats beleivable while Hulk and Wolverine's powerset don't

I hope you don't believe that by posting various "smilies" your going to somehow intimidate, or discredit me.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure what relevance your post has to my point, but so be it. My intention was only to point out that there's a possibility that the teams Despero faced off against may have jobbed. Just as teams do when facing an enraged Hulk or when top tiers face off against Wolverine. However believable the writer makes it is irrelevant if it contradicts previous showings of the character.

The Blood and Thunder arc was a well written and believable story. However, this didn't somehow exclude Infinity Watch as being jobbers during the series.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I hope you don't believe that by posting various "smilies" your going to somehow intimidate, or discredit me.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure what relevance your post has to my point, but so be it. My intention was only to point out that there's a possibility that the teams Despero faced off against may have jobbed. Just as teams do when facing an enraged Hulk or when top tiers face off against Wolverine. However believable the writer makes it is irrelevant if it contradicts previous showings of the character.

The Blood and Thunder arc was a well written and believable story. However, this didn't somehow exclude Infinity Watch as being jobbers during the series.

IW totally Jobbed in that story. Worlock alone is a ***** to beat becuz of that soul gem.

Soujaboy
IW totally Jobbed in that story. Worlock alone is a ***** to beat becuz of that soul gem.

I agree, the team jobbed. However you've made it fairly clear you didn't read the story. Adam while fighting alone made an attempt to use the soul Gem, however according to him Thor's Asgardian soul is not that of a mere humans making the attack somehow useless against Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree that the team jobbed, however it's clear you didn't read the story. Adam while fighting alone made an attempt to use the soul Gem, however according to him Thor's Asgardian soul is not that of a mere humans making the attack somehow useless against Thor.

I read the story. I have it. BLood and thunder. But that is some bullshit becuz it's the ****ing soul gem. It's the soul gem of the entire universe. THE SOUL GEM OF THE IG. Asgardians aren't exempt. That was PIS to keep the story going.

jgiant
Any scans of despero fighting?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by jgiant
Any scans of despero fighting?

THey are all over the threads with despero in the title.

jgiant
THey are all over the threads with despero in the title. Which ones? I just checked like the last 3 pages of fights with despero's name and no scans.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Which ones? I just checked like the last 3 pages of fights with despero's name and no scans.

I'll link them all for you one sec.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Which ones? I just checked like the last 3 pages of fights with despero's name and no scans.

Sorry i treid my best to find them. So many post in last few days, it's been insane. Sorry.

jgiant
Thats fine. Don't worry about it.

leonidas
I read the story. I have it. BLood and thunder. But that is some bullshit becuz it's the ****ing soul gem. It's the soul gem of the entire universe. THE SOUL GEM OF THE IG. Asgardians aren't exempt. That was PIS to keep the story going.

hercules proved immune to the effects of the gem's karmic blasts as well -- and he was NOT warrior-mad.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
hercules proved immune to the effects of the gem's karmic blasts as well -- and he was NOT warrior-mad.

As I said, some stuff is just PIS. It's the soul Gem.But wasn't Herc immortal at the time? Even so, The IW very much jobbed in that story arc.

Soujaboy
As I said, some stuff is just PIS. It's the soul Gem.But wasn't Herc immortal at the time? Even so, The IW very much jobbed in that story arc.

Than it shoud also be safe to assume that the JLA/JSA may have jobbed during their fights with Despero?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Than it shoud also be safe to assume that the JLA/JSA may have jobbed during their fights with Despero?

The difference is, Despero has time and again shown to beat thier asses. As many times as drax has been hit and all of a sudden thor comes along and makes him cough up the gem. OMG.

Soujaboy
The difference is, Despero has time and again shown to beat thier asses. As many times as drax has been hit and all of a sudden thor comes along and makes him cough up the gem. OMG.

Thor has time and time again shown that he's one of the most powerful top tiers in either DC or Marvel. In this particular battle he was willing to kill, and displayed as much with the complete and utter thrashing of Surfer, BRB, and Infinity Watch. However I believe they could have defeated him, just as I believe the JSA/JLA could have defeated Despero.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor has time and time again shown that he's one of the most powerful top tiers in either DC or Marvel. In this particular battle he was willing to kill, and displayed as much with the complete and utter thrashing of Surfer, BRB, and Infinity Watch. However I believe they could have defeated him, just as I believe the JSA/JLA could have defeated Despero. the Difference is, Despero's TP is so high, that he could match Moondragon, Plus his stregnth and toughness is so incredible that he has soundly beat the shit out of the JLA every time. and he had to be put down by the face of Johnny Sorrow. Show's just what kind of power it takes.

Soujaboy
the Difference is, Despero's TP is so high, that he could match Moondragon, Plus his stregnth and toughness is so incredible that he has soundly beat the shit out of the JLA every time. and he had to be put down by the face of Johnny Sorrow. Show's just what kind of power it takes.

Your theory that Despero's TP is as high as Moondragon's is purely speculation, and his extremely high strength and toughness mean nothing considering the JLA have fared better against far worse.

Galactus failed to kill Thor, shows you what kind of power Thor posses huh?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your theory that Despero's TP is as high as Moondragon's is purely speculation, and his extremely high strength and toughness mean nothing considering the JLA have fared better against far worse.

Galactus failed to kill Thor, shows you what kind of power Thor posses huh?

Galactus is a job too. He's gotten his ass kicked by earth's heroes waaaaay to many times to be the menance that we make him on KMC. Thor is no match for Despero what so ever.

Soujaboy
Galactus is a job too. He's gotten his ass kicked by earth's heroes waaaaay to many times to be the menance that we make him on KMC. Thor is no match for Despero what so ever.

Jobber you mean?

Wonder Woman's had her fare share of low showings as well, does that grant us the authority to instantly discredit her power because of these showings? I think not, that would be unfair.

That's irrelevant to my main point, which is to point out that the JLA/JSA may have jobbed to Despero.

BTW, Thor supposedly stood no chance against Juggernaut, Mangog, Surfer, Desak, Surtur, etc. Just thought you should keep that in mind, before claiming Thor stands no chance against a character who your backing solely on the fact that he soundly defeated the JLA.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Jobber you mean?

Wonder Woman's had her fare share of low showings as well, does that grant us the authority to instantly discredit her power because of these showings? I think not, that would be unfair.

That's irrelevant to my main point, which is to point out that the JLA/JSA may have jobbed to Despero.

BTW, Thor supposedly stood no chance against Juggernaut, Mangog, Surfer, Desak, Surtur, etc. Just thought you should keep that in mind, before claiming Thor stands no chance against a character who your backing solely on the fact that he soundly defeated the JLA.

Of course you may be one of those people who think Thor can solo the jla. Thor ca'nt beat Despero. That is evident of Despero's Consistant handling of the Jla.

Howard_Jones
Nah, they didn't job to Despero. The guy is easily on Thanos' level. He's one of those established villains that just kicks the hell out of everyone.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Nah, they didn't job to Despero. The guy is easily on Thanos' level. He's one of those established villains that just kicks the hell out of everyone.

I wouldn't put him on Thanos lv. Not yet, not until he's shown to be a universal threat. However my opinion can be swayed, however not by him physically defeating the JLA.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I wouldn't put him on Thanos lv. Not yet, not until he's shown to be a universal threat. However my opinion can be swayed, however not by him physically defeating the JLA.

he doesn't mean on thanos' lvl as a universal threat. that comes from thanos intelligence. he means in strength lvl.

Howard_Jones

He's just not as knowledgable. Powerwise, they're in the same ballpark.

Martian_mind
Who in comics has ever actually beat despero 1V1?

Soujaboy
he doesn't mean on thanos' lvl as a universal threat. that comes from thanos intelligence. he means in strength lvl.

How does Thanos defeat7 5% of the characters he faces? he defeats them in a battle of wits. Thanos is a threat not only because of his power, but because with his mind he can wisely use it.

This is what separates Thanos from the rest of the bunch, what his mind has been shown capable of.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
He's just not as knowledgable. Powerwise, they're in the same ballpark.

Not really. TP wise Thanos is superior, Strength wise Thanos is superior(remember Thanos can infinitely increase his strength with his cosmic power), durability wise Thanos is superior, etc. Thanos also posses cosmic powers and abilities, something Despero doesn't have the luxury of possessing.

Howard_Jones
Not really. TP wise Thanos is superior, Strength wise Thanos is superior(remember Thanos can infinitely increase his strength with his cosmic power), durability wise Thanos is superior, etc. Thanos also posses cosmic powers and abilities, something Despero doesn't have the luxury of possessing.

I'm not saying Thanos isn't more powerful. That's not even a question. I'm saying they're in the same ballpark. It's kinda like comparing Hulk to Immortal Herc. They're in the same ballpark powerwise, but Hulk is more powerful without a doubt.

nvrbeenwthagirl

How do you know thanos is superior Tp wise? How do you know he's stronger? IF he can infinitely increase his strength, that would mean he had infinite power to do so. So your wrong on that end. Sorry. You need an infinite powersource to infinitely increase your strength. Despero also has the flame of Pytar. He just never uses it.

Soujaboy
How do you know thanos is superior Tp wise? How do you know he's stronger? IF he can infinitely increase his strength, that would mean he had infinite power to do so. So your wrong on that end. Sorry. You need an infinite powersource to infinitely increase your strength. Despero also has the flame of Pytar. He just never uses it.

Well for one Moondragon with the Mind Gem could only read his mind after he allowed her to.

Moondragon with MG >>>>>>>> Despero's TP

Hulk to can infinitely increase his strength, also true with Mangog, and currently Thor. Just because a character has the potential to infinitely increase a specific power that doesn't mean they will ever reach that potential. Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm gonna take this time to point out that a slew of characters have been said to have unlimited/infinite strength.

Which means what? what has it done?

Soljer
Why the HELL is the poll four to five?

Quite honestly?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well for one Moondragon with the Mind Gem could only read his mind after he allowed her to.

Moondragon with MG >>>>>>>> Despero's TP

Hulk to can infinitely increase his strength, also true with Mangog, and currently Thor. Just because a character has the potential to infinitely increase a specific power that doesn't mean they will ever reach that potential. Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm gonna take this time to point out that a slew of characters have been said to have unlimited/infinite strength.

Which means what? what has it done?

There is a differnce between the two, unlimited strength just means they can keep getting stronger. Infinite stregnth would belong to beings who are universal in power. YOu really can't just say Moondragon's Tp is superior to despero's. HE's taken over planets with his mind as well. I just dont' see a proper way to come up with that equation other than pure speculation or fanboyism. Hulk increases his strength becuz it comes from an infinite power source. the gamma dimenstion. I have never seen thor be able to increase his strength infinitely. if he can, it's not of his own power, but some external source like some kind of magic. Thanos does not have infinite cosmic power to increase his strength indefinitely.

darthgoober
There is a differnce between the two, unlimited strength just means they can keep getting stronger. Infinite stregnth would belong to beings who are universal in power. YOu really can't just say Moondragon's Tp is superior to despero's. HE's taken over planets with his mind as well. I just dont' see a proper way to come up with that equation other than pure speculation or fanboyism. Hulk increases his strength becuz it comes from an infinite power source. the gamma dimenstion. I have never seen thor be able to increase his strength infinitely. if he can, it's not of his own power, but some external source like some kind of magic. Thanos does not have infinite cosmic power to increase his strength indefinitely.
It's never been said that he has infinite reserves, but it HAS been said that he can draw power from a nearly limitless source, that's comparable to Odin's.

Soujaboy

Potential to infinitely increase = Unlimited

Yes, yes I can. The MG gives her the major edge.

Well if you picked up the last issues of Thor, you would know that Thor inherited the Odin Force yet again. He now understands how to use it to it's fullest seeing as how he now posses the rune magic and "knowledge beyond knowledge".

If you didn't know that Thanos has the power to infinitely increase his strength, than there's a problem.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Potential to infinitely increase = Unlimited

Yes, yes I can. The MG gives her the major edge.

Well if you picked up the last issues of Thor, you would know that Thor inherited the Odin Force yet again. He now understands how to use it to it's fullest seeing as how he now posses the rune magic and "knowledge beyond knowledge".

If you didn't know that Thanos has the power to infinitely increase his strength, than there's a problem.

How can Thanos infinitely increase his strength with no infinite source? Thanos is not infinite and niether is his power. It has to come from somewhere.

Soujaboy
How can Thanos infinitely increase his strength with no infinite source? Thanos is not infinite and niether is his power. It has to come from somewhere.

He draws his power from an extra-dimensional source. I has been spoken of on panel, so I'm curious to what the problem is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He draws his power from an extra-dimensional source. I has been spoken of on panel, so I'm curious to what the problem is.

I need to see the panel. The Silver surfer draws his power fromt he power cosmic, which is every where and infinite, and I don't see him amping his strength up infinitely. As of now, This thread us about despero and thor and Despero cleary is Superior to Thor.

Soujaboy
I need to see the panel. The Silver surfer draws his power fromt he power cosmic, which is every where and infinite, and I don't see him amping his strength up infinitely. As of now, This thread us about despero and thor and Despero cleary is Superior to Thor.

I'm sorry it says nearly limitless.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/ThanosvsOdin5.jpg

Soujaboy
And ya, I know despero own Thor...

juggernaut66666
bump

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.