The vs. Fanboy thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Here is the challenge. It seems that everyone cries that there are DC fanboys on this forum, Even tho for the minority of us, it seems that it's just the opposite. Fanboyism usually follows what is the most popular. Clearly DC is not popular on these boards. So I'm going to test ur knowlege of DC.
You must name TWO DC characters who are a match or better for these characters from Marvel. If oyu cannot honestly think of anyone who is match for these characters, you may just be a closet marvel fanboy.

Thanos
Thor
BRB
Gladiator
Odin
Silver Surfer
Warlock
Dr. Strange

Devil Lance
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Here is the challenge. It seems that everyone cries that there are DC fanboys on this forum, Even tho for the minority of us, it seems that it's just the opposite. Fanboyism usually follows what is the most popular. Clearly DC is not popular on these boards. So I'm going to test ur knowlege of DC.
You must name TWO DC characters who are a match or better for these characters from Marvel. If oyu cannot honestly think of anyone who is match for these characters, you may just be a closet marvel fanboy.

Thanos
Thor
BRB
Gladiator
Odin
Silver Surfer
Warlock
Dr. Strange

wallbash

Evangel94
This thread seems to be laced with potential spite. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Evangel94
This thread seems to be laced with potential spite. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

potential spite roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sweetie, It isn't any spite in it. You'll only find what your looking for. So if your looking for spite, you will surely find it.

Also, wouldn't spite have to be directed at someone or some character. The only spite would be me trying to test people's knowlege of characters they always argue against. And then call people who know the characters fanboys. Yeah i'm a fan boy becuz I know my characters. Either participate and challenge your self or leave the thread be.

grey fox

Have to agree

ExtraMision5555
As i have said in the past, (mainstream) DC just isint as cool as marvel. And thats really, all there is to it

Devil Lance
Sweetie, It isn't any spite in it. You'll only find what your looking for. So if your looking for spite, you will surely find it.

What the f**k?

and I wouldn't have Evangel sweetie if I were you scared

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
As i have said in the past, (mainstream) DC just isint as cool as marvel. And thats really, all there is to it

Which basically is what I want people to admit to and stop calling those of us who actually KNOW the DC characters fanboys. It isn't fair. Especially all the name calling and put downs when most people dont' even know the characters.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Devil Lance
What the f**k?

and I wouldn't have Evangel sweetie if I were you scared

Sorry. I"m a fagggot. Sue me.

Devil Lance

roll eyes (sarcastic)

and how many dc comics have you read 2? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExtraMision5555
Which basically is what I want people to admit to and stop calling those of us who actually KNOW the DC characters fanboys. It isn't fair. Especially all the name calling and put downs when most people dont' even know the characters.

Yes, i understand where you are coming from*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually, 3.

Scoobless
Sweetie, It isn't any spite in it. You'll only find what your looking for.it.

What is it that you're looking for?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

grey fox

Still not right.

I could be black , still doesn't mean I have the right to call another member a N*gga.

Evangel94

Also, wouldn't spite have to be directed at someone or some character. The only spite would be me trying to test people's knowlege of characters they always argue against. And then call people who know the characters fanboys. Yeah i'm a fan boy becuz I know my characters. Either participate and challenge your self or leave the thread be.

Don't call me sweetie, you sexist biased pig. Of all the people on this forum you're the least "qualified" to call me anything.

And what is "it isn't any spite in it". Check you're grammar. Better yet, re-check the idea of this thread, because it's going to fail miserably.

nvrbeenwthagirl
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have been reading DC comics since I was about 8. I'm 30 now. I make a weekly trip to the comics store and get anywhere from 20-100 bucks worth of DC and marvel and other stuff. So again with the put downs. But i'm still right. There is rampant hateration of anyone who defends DC characters who challenge the status quo of certain marvel characters. You see it when someone challenges the beyonder, you see it when the lt is challenged. you see it with thanos, and thor, and odin and it's just rediculous.

ExtraMision5555
Strangely enough though, DC movies >>>>>>> Marvel movies

With the exception of the horrible Superman Returns.

But its unfortunate, IMO, DC characters are just less interesting. There are some very good ones, though, and some good concepts. But i think the reason most people generally dont read dc as much is due to the fact that alot of thier characters arent as cool as the average marvel character. And the hwole justice leauge thing is a bit cheesy.

DC as a whole has a differnet, i duno.. "Swagger", to it, that excudes like, 1950's. at times. But Anyone who has dc beef and hasnt read Y, Watchmen, or 100 bullets definatley should.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh here we go with the names. Of all the males on this forum you're the least "qualified" to call me anything. You have nothing to credit your name.

And Don't call me sweetie, you fat full-of-lard pancake.

And what is "it isn't any spite in it". Check you're grammar. Better yet, re-check the idea of this thread, because it's going to fail miserably. Just like all your supporting arguments about your arguments do.

I"m a fagggot dear. We work out consistantly. fat isn't in my vocab. Check yourself on that. As far as my support on my arguments, dear, of course my arguments fail on a board full of marvel fans. Doesn't mean they aren't correct. I dont' have to be qualified to call you anything. I can call you an over sensitive ****. which you are.

Devil Lance
Yes, i understand where you are coming from*

Actually, 3.

3 comics hmmm I guess that makes you the best prson to judge whether or not they are "cool" roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExtraMision5555
3 comics hmmm I guess that makes you the best prson to judge whether or not they are "cool" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Allright captain literal

Scoobless
Strangely enough though, DC movies >>>>>>> Marvel movies

People let nostalgia blind them to the fact that old films are bollocks all the time.

Superman 1 ... decent but with a lot of stupid things in it
Superman 2 ... decent but with a ton of stupid things in it
Superman 3 ... funny ... ton of stupid/crap things in it
Superman 4 ... shite

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Scoobless
People let nostalgia blind them to the fact that old films are bollocks all the time.

Superman 1 ... decent but with a lot of stupid things in it
Superman 2 ... decent but with a ton of stupid things in it
Superman 3 ... funny ... ton of stupid/crap things in it
Superman 4 ... shite

Oh no, i was excludeing superman from that formula.

Superman returns was perhaps the biggest waste of special effects, in the history of special effects.

I was shocked when the movie was over

grey fox
I"m a fagggot dear. We work out consistantly. fat isn't in my vocab. Check yourself on that. As far as my support on my arguments, dear, of course my arguments fail on a board full of marvel fans. Doesn't mean they aren't correct. I dont' have to be qualified to call you anything. I can call you an over sensitive ****. which you are.

Stereotypes are insulting , just like you.

Also your a fagggot ? Then you must DEFINITELY not be fat , considering I can fit you and three of your chums into a single box.

http://www.movingdigital.com/tonicblue/*******.jpg

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by grey fox

Also your a fagggot ? Then you must DEFINITELY not be fat , considering I can fit you and three of your chums into a single box.

whoa

pork *******??

what is that?

Evangel94

I'm not getting into name calling game with you.

This thread fails to deliver on so many levels. It's full of potential spite and it's a shame you can't see it. Eventually you ended up having to resort snide sterotypical remarks and comments.

EDIT: If you want to make a good impression on people then how about you apologize right now for what you said in this thread.

grey fox
whoa

pork *******??

what is that?

A quaint little British meatball made from unwanted meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.

Evangel94
So did anyone read the latest civil war comic, Casualties of War? One of the better reads during this whole civil war finasco.

grey fox
So did anyone read the latest civil war comic, Casualties of War? One of the better reads during this whole civil war finasco.

Nope , apparently it's got all around applause though.

ExtraMision5555
A quaint little British meatball made from unwanted meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.

I knew it!!
so its likea pork hotdog

gross

Casualties of war.. when did it come out? does it havea main character? i dont rmemeber if i read it

you dont like civ war? i think most of its good*

Scoobless

laughing

I've never heard of those before.

Evangel94
I knew it!!
Casualties of war.. when did it come out? does it havea main character? i dont rmemeber if i read it

you dont like civ war? i think most of its good*

It came out not too long ago. It's basically about Iron Man and Captain America meeting in secret one last time to see if they can work things out.

I like the Civil War concept, but I don't like how some characters are a bit out of character. I also don't like the inevitable fact that whenever Marvel has an "event" like this eventually a few months later everything is reset to the status quo.

Remember Heroes Reborn? Marvel reset the whole thing with Heroes Return. Marvel should stick with the consequences of events like this. You think Iron Man and Captain America are going to be best pals after Civil War? Not likely, but Marvel will probably come up with a way to reset everything.

Most likely they'll end Civil War with the Hulk coming back and everyone teaming up to stop him. Or Tony losing his Extremis powers and with Marvel blaming Extremis for the way Tony has been acting.

ExtraMision5555
It came out not too long ago. It's basically about Iron Man and Captain America meeting in secret one last time to see if they can work things out.

I like the Civil War concept, but I don't like how some characters are a bit out of character. I also don't like the inevitable fact that whenever Marvel has an "event" like this eventually a few months later everything is reset to the status quo.

Remember Heroes Reborn? Marvel reset the whole thing with Heroes Return. Marvel should stick with the consequences of events like this. You think Iron Man and Captain America are going to be best pals after Civil War? Not likely, but Marvel will probably come up with a way to reset everything.

Most likely they'll end Civil War with the Hulk coming back and everyone teaming up to stop him. Or Tony losing his Extremis powers and with Marvel blaming Extremis for the way Tony has been acting.

Yeah, i agree. I really hope marvel sticks with whatever consequences come from this, because i tihkn its set up for a long line of interesting and different themes. I never got to read casualties of war sad so many tie ins i duno what the fugg is going on amyore

i was thinking the same thing about hulk too lol
but i am overall very very satisfied with the whole civil war thing.
But actually, house of M kinda set up for civil war, so atleast they've been consistant with that. So who knows, maybe they'l stick with it this time?

Badabing
This is getting ridiculous. These are comic forums and there is no place for this sort of talk. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.