Runner vs. Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Runner

vs.

Supes
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

who wins?

grey fox
Heres a thought , since the Space Gem allows you to go ANYWHERE. Couldn't you theoretically make it take you inside your opponents head thus causing their craniums to explode !

Madvillain
dunno, but he has telepathy and control over emotions anyway. thats good enough. lol

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Madvillain
dunno, but he has telepathy and control over emotions anyway. thats good enough. lol

Won't work on Diana. I think Cap and Superman are strong enough to hold him while she lasso's him. They can't do anything to him but command him to go to sleep or something. I dont' know if Diana's weapons can really kill him. I dont' know how the elders react to magic.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Won't work on Diana. I think Cap and Superman are strong enough to hold him while she lasso's him. They can't do anything to him but command him to go to sleep or something. I dont' know if Diana's weapons can really kill him. I dont' know how the elders react to magic.

Are they strong enough to hold him? Maybe.

Are they fast enough to catch him? Hell no.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Are they strong enough to hold him? Maybe.

Are they fast enough to catch him? Hell no.

They are def strong enough to hold him, They don't have to be fast enough to catch him. if this is a fight, he would be using combat speed. I don't know If I've seen his combat speed sans the time gem.

Soljer
They are def strong enough to hold him, They don't have to be fast enough to catch him. if this is a fight, he would be using combat speed. I don't know If I've seen his combat speed sans the time gem.

The Runner had the space gem. Quit showing off your marvel ignorance.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Runner had the space gem. Quit showing off your marvel ignorance.

I know he had the space gem. I said I dont' know if I've seen him sans the space gem. MEANING WITHOUT IT. Since he currently doesn't have it, we have to go with the forum rules. He isn't stated to have it in the OP.

Soljer
I know he had the space gem. I said I dont' know if I've seen him sans the space gem. MEANING WITHOUT IT. Since he currently doesn't have it, we have to go with the forum rules. He isn't stated to have it in the OP.

You said time gem. Hence, ignorance.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You said time gem. Hence, ignorance.

My mistake. You know what I meant.

Soljer
My mistake. You know what I meant.

You know if I messed something up about Orion's Asto Harness, or the Omega Effect, or which Lantern's use starheart magic and which don't, you'd be ALL OVER my ass about some supposedly "DC ignorance and Marvel fanboyism," so don't play it off so quickly.

Madvillain
strong enough?

i dont know he over powered surfer pretty easily...

fast enough?

well surfer couldnt even touch him

Evangel94
The same Runner that Silver Surfer couldn't even outrun? The same Runner in which Silver Surfer couldn't overpower?

Runner takes majority here. If you give the Runner the Space Gem then it's a slaughter.

Madvillain
k...

ctu_stylez
runner in a cakewalk.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do we know how fast the runner is without the space gem?

Superboy Prime
Everyone likes to comment how Runner WTFpwned Surfer, but fail to remember when Surfer got back at him. Besides Superman > Surfer strength wise unless Surfer amps himself.

Superboy Prime
If I remember well he doesn't really use speed he just uses the space gem to jump from one place to another or something like that. I need to read again that scan of Thanos describing Runner's use of the Space Gem.

Soljer
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
If I remember well he doesn't really use speed he just uses the space gem to jump from one place to another or something like that. I need to read again that scan of Thanos describing Runner's use of the Space Gem.

That was with his use of the Space gem.

Didn't he steam roll the Surfer without the space gem?

Also, the Surfer never really 'got back' at the Runner.

NiņoAraņa
well without the space gem he's still hella faster then anyone in this thread, the space gem just allowed him instantanious travel....

you don't name a guy Runner and make him slow erm

(lmao at WTFpwned!)

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
Not to mention, didn't he roll over the Surfer without use of the Space gem?

I do believe so. i think he didn't have it when they were doing the lil "wrestling" thing ontop of surfers board, not sure though

nvrbeenwthagirl
IS the surfer as Durable as Superman and CM? He certainly isn't portrayed as strong. Tho I am sure he can get there, like when he absorbed the power of a sun. The Runner more than likely loses. He just doesn't have the feats to go against the Likes of These three. Who knows how he would react to Diana's magical enchantments or CM"s magical lightning. Even if he had to attack one of them and was chocking the shit out of them, the other's are no speed slouches. They could still be all over him. If he was moving at his max speed to evade all three of them, he wouldn't be able to attack to his maximun strength. He doesn't have things like IMPS in his arsenal like the flash. He's got some good cosmic power, but Superman and crew are used to that. He can beat anyone of them singlehandly. But not all three. They are too tuff to just take down easily. One magic lasso, or Godwave punch, or a sundip for Superman would end the fight with a ko for the runner and everyone else needing serious medical attention.

Soljer
IS the surfer as Durable as Superman and CM?

More than likely. His best durability feats match Billy's and Kal's, and then some.

Madvillain
surfer is far more durable than both supes and cm. and as far as strength he would surpass them both after augmentationl.

and runner is still moves at beyond warp speeds without the space gem. he's been alive for eons, and that is his task in the universe.

runner doesnt have feats? you mean making surfer look like a child isn't a feat? lol superman could never take surfer that easily.

King Kandy
Does the Runner have the Space Gem in this thread or not?!

nvrbeenwthagirl
surfer is far more durable than both supes and cm. and as far as strength he would surpass them both after augmentationl.

and runner is still moves at beyond warp speeds without the space gem. he's been alive for eons, and that is his task in the universe.

runner doesnt have feats? you mean making surfer look like a child isn't a feat? lol superman could never take surfer that easily.

Surfer being more durable than Superman and CAp is debateable. I dont' really recall him taking any shots that would out right kill Superman or Cap. Cap is actually magically Durable and can be turned inside out and come back. As far as strength goes, I asked if he was as strong as them. Of course he can amp himself up. But So can Superman. On average, these three seem to be stronger than surfer. As far as the runners speed, of course his travel speed is that great. But what is his combat speed. That is what I'm trying to get at. The runner making surfer look like a child had as much to do with his emotion power as it did his other powers. DOn't make it seem as if the runner just out gunned surfer. When surfer couldn't even get his emotions in check to fight to his fullest.

Soleran
Runner has used his speed in Combat, he was roughing up the Champion.

Runner would rough these guys up, very quickly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran
Runner has used his speed in Combat, he was roughing up the Champion.

Runner would rough these guys up, very quickly.

Runner also has this power that makes people not fight him very well. IT wont' work on WW and she can give the lasso to superman so it won't work on him. I have no idea if any of Caps powers work to protect him from this gauranteed win. But really, Runner ruffing up one person does not equal him ruffing up three.

King Kandy
Anyway, what are they going to do to runner? Kill him?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Anyway, what are they going to do to runner? Kill him?

I already said they couldn't do that. Unless of course Cap and Superman make Runner busy enough for WW to Godblast his ass to oblivion. Likely even an elder can be beaten. The key is probably WW since she has all the plot device powers. or Superman's T-Vo for the win. laughing

Madvillain
Runner also has this power that makes people not fight him very well. IT wont' work on WW and she can give the lasso to superman so it won't work on him. I have no idea if any of Caps powers work to protect him from this gauranteed win. But really, Runner ruffing up one person does not equal him ruffing up three.

how wouldnt it not work on wonder woman? it isn't telepathy you know...

King Kandy
I already said they couldn't do that. Unless of course Cap and Superman make Runner busy enough for WW to Godblast his ass to oblivion. Likely even an elder can be beaten. The key is probably WW since she has all the plot device powers. or Superman's T-Vo for the win. laughing
Why would the Godblast do anything?

The runner is I-M-M-O-R-T-A-L!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Why would the Godblast do anything?

The runner is I-M-M-O-R-T-A-L!

So was the being WW used the Godwave on. The Runner would get a SEVERE beatdown if he had to face Diana with the Godwave. Get over it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
how wouldnt it not work on wonder woman? it isn't telepathy you know...

NO kind of mind or emotion tampering will work.

UniOmni
And what would he do while she prays for the Godwave?

Smile at her?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
And what would he do while she prays for the Godwave?

Smile at her?

I guess he can't do too much to her since she can cross her bracelets while she prays for it. As I rememeber,it isnt exactly like it takes her 30 seconds to pray. Less. And he certainly won't be doing to much if he has to fight cap and Superman . This wouldn't even be a discussion if it was Auron vs. BRB/Thor/and Gladiator. You all would cry bloody foul and argue till the end of time that auron couldn't beat all three.

Soljer
I guess he can't do too much to her since she can cross her bracelets while she prays for it. As I rememeber,it isnt exactly like it takes her 30 seconds to pray. Less. And he certainly won't be doing to much if he has to fight cap and Superman . This wouldn't even be a discussion if it was Auron vs. BRB/Thor/and Gladiator. You all would cry bloody foul and argue till the end of time that auron couldn't beat all three.

Well, when we are talking about a being that makes someone who can cover lightyears in seconds look slow, even the time it takes for Diana to utter a single word is an eternity, erm.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, when we are talking about a being that makes someone who can cover lightyears in seconds look slow, even the time it takes for Diana to utter a single word is an eternity, erm.

Except she doen'st have to utter any word. She beat Joker in less than a second of prayer. That seemed stretched into an eternity in her mind. REad the WW books. IT may help you in arguing agianst her at every chance you get. I'm off to a DCU forum. it's been real.

Soljer
Except she doen'st have to utter any word. She beat Joker in less than a second of prayer. That seemed stretched into an eternity in her mind. REad the WW books. IT may help you in arguing agianst her at every chance you get. I'm off to a DCU forum. it's been real.

I don't argue against her every chance I get. But against someone like the Runner? You'd have to be on crack to think she had a shot.

Besides, 'less than a second' better be mean 'picoseconds' or else the Runner will still speedblitz her ass.

Madvillain
true...runner would more than likely speedblitz her.

bigbran
So was the being WW used the Godwave on. The Runner would get a SEVERE beatdown if he had to face Diana with the Godwave. Get over it. Wow, you are such a dick sometimes... (look at post I just quoted before you get all hissy fit on me)
How does the f*cking Godwave even enter this debate? You just argued about Runner not having the Space Gem, and now, you are seeming to enter the Godwave?

They are too tuff to just take down easily. One magic lasso, or Godwave punch, or a sundip for Superman would end the fight with a ko for the runner and everyone else needing serious medical attention. Godwave punch? laughing
How is she going to get Runner in the Lasso?
Sundip? Where did you see sundip in this thread? Where did you see Godwave in this thread either?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by bigbran
Wow, you are such a dick sometimes... (look at post I just quoted before you get all hissy fit on me)

How does the f*cking Godwave even enter this debate? You just argued about Runner not having the Space Gem, and now, you are seeming to enter the Godwave?

Godwave punch? laughing
How is she going to get Runner in the Lasso?
Sundip? Where did you see sundip in this thread? Where did you see Godwave in this thread either?

yeah, this thread is just shy of ridiculous. The runner is so fast these three don't have a prayer of even SEEING him coming, let alone punch him or catch him in a magical lasso.

Magical lightning? This is a guy that overpowered a surfer going ALL OUT while laughing about it. "magical lightning" might tickle him, but that's it.

The runner doesn't need the space gem to take these three. He has mroe than enough power to spare on his own, and don't forget as an elder of the universe, runner is totally unkillable. What exactly is the godwave going to do other than irritate him a little?

runner wins here more often than not.

Madvillain
wow...

Inhuman
hillarious

Larceny

When did WW get the godblast? hysterical

Anyways speedbltz ftw...... It feels good saying that.

Soljer
Originally posted by Larceny
When did WW get the godblast? hysterical

Anyways speedbltz ftw...... It feels good saying that.

Haha. I was about to point that out.

Good catch.

Runner wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I haven't seen runner speed blitz any people with combat speed as fast as these three. Until I do, I say they beat his ass. He has a couple of feats against a weaker surfer, a weaker thanos, and a jobber champion. Not enough to have him taking on these three and winning.

Inhuman
I haven't seen runner speed blitz any people with combat speed as fast as these three. Until I do, I say they beat his ass. He has a couple of feats against a weaker surfer, a weaker thanos, and a jobber champion. Not enough to have him taking on these three and winning.

LOL, What makes you think that surfer was weak? Dont give me that "Likeable power crap" That affected surfer at first. But towards the end of the fight it was a non factor. Either runner is able to turn it off or surfer overcame it. (still unknow. Too few runner apearances to really get into that specific power).
Same for Thanos. LOL he even had a couple of gems with him when he got blitzed by runner. How would you call Thanos weak? Especially with 2(3) gems?

roll eyes (sarcastic) dur

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Inhuman
LOL, What makes you think that surfer was weak? Dont give me that "Likeable power crap" That affected surfer at first. But towards the end of the fight it was a non factor. Either runner is able to turn it off or surfer overcame it. (still unknow. Too few runner apearances.)
Same for Thanos. LOL he even had a couple of gems with him when he got blitzed by runner. How would you call Thanos weak? Especially with 2 gems?

roll eyes (sarcastic) dur
Um, it was a weaker surfer than what we are normally used to seeing. I'd also like to point out that Surfer, superman, thanos, and WW have all had upgrades since that runner appearance. Trying to compare him to upgraded heroes based upon a past encounter is hard and tricky. But to say he can beat three top tiers when he's never shown the ability to, is crazy. Especially given the fact that I haven't seen him fight any one who uses speed in combat. And Thanos With Two gems means nothing if he can't react to whom ever is attacking him. He simply isn't that fast. Thanos has never been that fast. Hell, gamora has been able to land blows on him.

Inhuman
Um, it was a weaker surfer than what we are normally used to seeing. I'd also like to point out that Surfer, superman, thanos, and WW have all had upgrades since that runner appearance. Trying to compare him to upgraded heroes based upon a past encounter is hard and tricky. But to say he can beat three top tiers when he's never shown the ability to, is crazy. Especially given the fact that I haven't seen him fight any one who uses speed in combat. And Thanos With Two gems means nothing if he can't react to whom ever is attacking him. He simply isn't that fast. Thanos has never been that fast. Hell, gamora has been able to land blows on him.

Thanos plan was to make runner stop and talk to him so thanos could mess him up with the gems he had. You either didnt read or get the story/scans, or just gave them a quick glance and are basing your shallow assumptions on that.
Runner doesn't have many appearances or feats but as far as what is shown, he is easily beyond herald level, or at the very least high herald.
Doesnt matter if said characters have had upgrades. Not even thanos had easily dispatched the surfer the way runner did.

flash has been tagged by batman erm. Means nothing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos plan was to make runner stop and talk to him so thanos could mess him up with the gems he had. You either didnt read or get the story/scans, or just gave them a quick glance and are basing your shallow assumptions on that.
Runner doesn't have many appearances or feats but as far as what is shown, he is easily beyond herald level, or at the very least high herald.
Doesnt matter if said characters have had upgrades. Not even thanos had easily dispatched the surfer the way runner did.

flash has been tagged by batman erm. Means nothing.

Thanos has bitched surfer in like one hit. And Thanos knew he had to make the runner talk to him becuz the runner was too fast. Plust it's part of the story. He had to have quests. Please dont' tell me what I have or haven't read. I been reading comics since I was a kid. That story is old. as a matter of fact, mine is still in plastic at my parents house. Unless We see the runner pwning multiple heroes who use massive speed and strength like these do, i can't see how he can get the win. Even when the surfer was being sapped of his will, he was doing ok against the runner a lil. What is going to happen to the runner if and when he has to slow down to concentrate on one of his targets?

Inhuman
Unless We see the runner pwning multiple heroes who use massive speed and strength like these do, i can't see how he can get the win.

In the thread 100,000 orks vs 20,000 aliens & predators, I would sound like a jackass if I said, "Until I see aliens and predators take on 100,000 anything they lose hard!"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
In the thread 100,000 orks vs 20,000 aliens & predators, I would sound like a jackass if I said, "Until I see aliens and predators take on 100,000 anything they lose hard!"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You see, The runner has to his credit beating the surfer, while sapping his will. ONe heroe. Who wasn't fighting to his best. And still the surfer put up some kind of fight. The runner then blitzes thanos while in possession of the space gem. So that feat doesnt' count for shit cuz he was using the space gem somehow I guess.

So until I see the runner pwn multiple top tiers, I'd say he's either the same lvl as surfer, with the ability to sap his will, or a lil better than surfer all around,(Pre Upgraded surfer)

Mr. Slippyfist
Who wasn't fighting to his best. Because he couldn't due to Runner's powers...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Because he couldn't due to Runner's powers...

I know. that is the point. I can't say for sure that the runner is vastly more powerful than surfer given the fact that surfer couldn't do his best. And We don't know if the runner's power will work on three people at one time.

Mr. Slippyfist
I know. that is the point. I can't say for sure that the runner is vastly more powerful than surfer given the fact that surfer couldn't do his best. And We don't know if the runner's power will work on three people at one time. Well, even following this, he's more powerful than a Surfer who he's going to fight. So, even if he's weaker, we can see how irrelevant that is.

I thought it was an aurora...

Mr. Slippyfist
Also, Runner was toying with Surfer.

Inhuman
The runner then blitzes thanos while in possession of the space gem. So that feat doesnt' count for shit cuz he was using the space gem somehow I guess.

And Thanos had 2 gems(maybe 3, dont feel like checking). Runner was clearly in the disadvantage. I guess that doesnt count for nothing.
baka

nvrbeenwthagirl
And Thanos had 2 gems(maybe 3, dont feel like checking). Runner was clearly in the disadvantage. I guess that doesnt count for nothing.
baka

Superman has far more powers than the flash, but it means nothing when you can't react to someone faster than you. Your right, it doesn't count when your opponent is faster than you.

Inhuman
But in the beggining of the fight, Runner clearly blitzed Thanos. 99% sure without the use of the gem.
After Thanos is aware of runner, he then toys with him. Talking him into stoping and then messing him up with the time gem.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But in the beggining of the fight, Runner clearly blitzed Thanos. 99% sure without the use of the gem.

The Gem allowed him to move faster. Sometimes so fast that he would teleport. He had the gem. Clearly it was making him faster.

Inhuman
The Gem allowed him to move faster. Sometimes so fast that he would teleport. He had the gem. Clearly it was making him faster.

99% sure he wasnt using the gem to move that fast. Check the scans again and read em carefully. (link is in my sig) I know you wont and will most likely base a clueless opinion. Based on what was said in their fight/conversation, im 99% sure he wasnt using the gem for his speed.
The elders didnt even know how to use the gems. They used them by mistake on ocasion. not all the time.

But whatever.

nvrbeenwthagirl
99% sure he wasnt using the gem to move that fast. Check the scans again and read em carefully. (link is in my sig) I know you wont and will most likely base a clueless opinion. Based on what was said in their fight/conversation, im 99% sure he wasnt using the gem for his speed.
The elders didnt even know how to use the gems. They used them by mistake on ocasion. not all the time.

But whatever.
The elders didnt' know how to use the gems? No, the runner was stupid. The other elders used the gems based upon what they wanted to. flowers, strength etc. And becuz you are 99 percent sure, that is somehow supposed to make it fact that the runner didn't use the gem?

Inhuman
The elders didnt' know how to use the gems? No, the runner was stupid. The other elders used the gems based upon what they wanted to. flowers, strength etc. And becuz you are 99 percent sure, that is somehow supposed to make it fact that the runner didn't use the gem?

Did you read Thanos quest & IG in its entirety? or just browsed the scans?
Based on your assumptions you dont know what your talking about.
I rather go with my 99% sure instinct than my 1% sure he was using it. BASED on what what said and displayed in the whole mini series.

flowers?! What the f**k?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Larceny

Are you intentionally attempting to make yourself look ignorant?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you intentionally attempting to make yourself look ignorant?

Was I addressing you in this post? I don't remember asking you for any opinion Asgardian Wanker.

Larceny
Was I addressing you in this post? I don't remember asking you for any opinion Asgardian Wanker.

You're pathetic. sad

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're pathetic. sad

COming from you, that means exactly what? Pretty much nothing. But if it makes you feel better, say it ten times. I hope it brightens up your life.

Larceny
COming from you, that means exactly what? Pretty much nothing. But if it makes you feel better, say it ten times. I hope it brightens up your life.

It means you're pathetic. For someone with an astonishingly high IQ you certainly are hard of understanding. sad

nvrbeenwthagirl
It means you're pathetic. For someone with an astonishingly high IQ you certainly are hard of understanding. sad

And obviously you don't get it. I actually consider you beneath pathetic. Your word holds no value. So you saying I"m pathetic means nothing when you get down to it. But if it somehow brightens your pathetic life, go ahead, call me pathetic 50 times.

Larceny
And obviously you don't get it. I actually consider you beneath pathetic. Your word holds no value. So you saying I"m pathetic means nothing when you get down to it. But if it somehow brightens your pathetic life, go ahead, call me pathetic 50 times.

no

Erik-Lensherr
Larceny, I hope you do know that what you're doing is called trolling erm

Juntai
Without the gem, the team wins. Superman is on his level of speed. Such as in the issue of Countdown when Lightray died, Superman came speeding from galaxy's away and was there in just a moments time. While Runner's moments of similar speed are either without sense of timeframe or just implied and not shown clearly. I've seen no evidence that he is faster at all, let alone vastly beyond Superman without the spacegem.
How strong and fast Captain Marvel and Diana might be changes a lot by depiction, sometimes just as formidable, and sometimes 3 notches below.

Priest
Surfer is faster than Superman, he travel speeds are much more impressive than Clark. But the Runner made a fool out of Surfer when they fought using his speed. He stole Surfer's board from right under his feat, and easily over powered him. And the Runner did not have the Space Gem.

Also I never seen Thanos owned when the Runner fought him. He wasn't using the Space gem because it is used for instantaneous travel, and we can clearly see him "running" and blitzing the shit out of Thanos.

The Runner for the win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer is faster than Superman, he travel speeds are much more impressive than Clark. But the Runner made a fool out of Surfer when they fought using his speed. He stole Surfer's board from right under his feat, and easily over powered him. And the Runner did not have the Space Gem.

Also I never seen Thanos owned when the Runner fought him. He wasn't using the Space gem because it is used for instantaneous travel, and we can clearly see him "running" and blitzing the shit out of Thanos.

The Runner for the win.

You saying the runner has more impressive feats means what? you certainly haven't given any impressive speed feats? We already know that the space gems allows for more than just instantaneous travel. It amps the person's speed as well. Mini-Teleportation. IF you are moving superfast, and teleporting subconsiously small distances along with it, you are moving fast. And Wouldn't the space gem allow an ig wielder to move as fast as he wanted IF he didn't want to teleport? The Space gem is NOT limited to teleportation. Someone who knew what they were doing with the space gem would be as fast as bart was with the speed force. And blitzing thanos isn't hard to do. Thanos is a slow oaf.

Alfheim
It amps the person's speed as well.

no no no no no. Thanos said that the gem did not make Runner faster.

Priest
You saying the runner has more impressive feats means what? you certainly haven't given any impressive speed feats? We already know that the space gems allows for more than just instantaneous travel. It amps the person's speed as well. Mini-Teleportation. IF you are moving superfast, and teleporting subconsiously small distances along with it, you are moving fast. And Wouldn't the space gem allow an ig wielder to move as fast as he wanted IF he didn't want to teleport? The Space gem is NOT limited to teleportation. Someone who knew what they were doing with the space gem would be as fast as bart was with the speed force. And blitzing thanos isn't hard to do. Thanos is a slow oaf.
Runner toying with Surfer with his speed is a impressive feat. Surfer is faster than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain marvel.
So,
Runner>Surfer>Superman/Captain Marvel/Wonderwoman in terms of speed.

And he over powered The Surfer who can amp his strength to any top tier range.
That fight alone gives the Runner the victory.
Also...
When he fought Thanos he wasn't not using the Space gem because he was not teleporting. He was clearly "running" on panel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Alfheim
no no no no no. Thanos said that the gem did not make Runner faster.

Not in the literal sense no. But being able to manipulate space, would make the runner appear faster. He'd be miniteleporting.

Alfheim
Not in the literal sense no. But being able to manipulate space, would make the runner appear faster. He'd be miniteleporting.

Gimme a break! Thanos said that the gem did not make him faster...period. There was no mini-teleporting.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Runner toying with Surfer with his speed is a impressive feat. Surfer is faster than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain marvel.
So,
Runner>Surfer>Superman/Captain Marvel/Wonderwoman in terms of speed.

And he over powered The Surfer who can amp his strength to any top tier range.
That fight alone gives the Runner the victory.
Also...
When he fought Thanos he wasn't not using the Space gem because he was not teleporting. He was clearly "running" on panel.
First of all, your explaination is a hoot. Surfer is faster than superman why? Certainly superman has flown from Earth to the center of the universe or the ends of it, in less than 10 seconds. DS on the source wall anyONe? Try that one again. Surfer isn't faster than sueprman. And The runner's speed feasts consist of playing with surfer who almost NEVER uses speed in a tacticle way or in battle? WTF. Please give us the runner blizting someone who actually uses speed effectively before you so easily give him a win over three poeple who use speed ALL of the time. And Saying surfer can amp himself over any top tier is bullcrap. Surfer amped himself absorbing a sun and went mad. There is no evidence surfer was amping himself when he fought the runner. ANother weak argument. Hell, Superman can amphimself, WW can, ANd CM can call down magical fist. So I guess they could all just amp themselves too. eek! As for the runner not teleporting and blitzing, I seem to remember after images of the runner in tp esque style, showing him using the gem and his speed in combination. Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but that is what it seemed to imply.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Alfheim
Gimme a break! Thanos said that the gem did not make him faster...period. There was no mini-teleporting.

lol..exactly.

stop manipulating words to suit your argument.

and keep the bickering out of the thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.