count dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AAskywalker
Is count dooku stronger than anakin in the begining of rots?
Was he planning on losing to anakin? or did sidous now that anakin possessed the strengh to beat dooku.

why does yoda call dooku the greatest student and biggest failure when anakin is a much stronger jedi?

Tangible God
No, Dooku was weaker(much to Ox's chagrin), and he lost fair and square.

Listen to GL on the movie's commentary.

Rampant ox
Dooku's force mastery was still a fair notch above Anakins, and I still think that his skills with a blade surpassed young Skywalkers. However Anakins raw power was channeled so effectively in that fight that Dooku simply got pwned. But in saying that, put anyone in Dooku's position in ROTS and im quite sure that Anakin would pwn them to. After all he is 'the chosen one'.

Gideon
Originally posted by AAskywalker
Is count dooku stronger than anakin in the begining of rots?
Was he planning on losing to anakin? or did sidous now that anakin possessed the strengh to beat dooku.

why does yoda call dooku the greatest student and biggest failure when anakin is a much stronger jedi?

You've read Dark Rendezvous. smile

Remember, he also says that Anakin is the student whom "the Force is strongest with". His strength surpasses Dooku. Greatness is subjective, for the most part. Hell, I'd consider Dooku the greater student as well. He obviously used his head more, and mastered Makashi, and was obviously highly proficient in all areas.

queeq
But as Ox says... anakin PWN'ed Dooku in a fair fight. That says it all.

ToMacco
Dooku was a *****, and he got his ass whopped.

Obi-wan would have done it, but he kept tripping on things.

Sexyback
Dooku was clearly superior in combat prowess, it's pretty obvious from the movie that he was trying to turn Anakin to the darkisde under Palpatine's orders.

ToMacco
Dooku was a b**ch! Remember Anakin chopping his head off?

Dooku was also stupid. How could he not know he was going to be replaced by this younger jedi?

Darth Martin
Just because Anakin may be more connected to the force and is stronger doesn't make him the greater student. Dooku was smarter and more wiser. I also agree with Rampan Ox when he stated Dooku surpassed Anakin in skill in force and with blade.

ToMacco
But. .. . but. . . .
He chopped his head off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could he surpass Anakin's powers? Am I taking crazy pills?

aldisyoyo
apparently...maybe i shouldnt have put them in your mailbox....

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Just because Anakin may be more connected to the force and is stronger doesn't make him the greater student. Dooku was smarter and more wiser. I also agree with Rampan Ox when he stated Dooku surpassed Anakin in skill in force and with blade.

Dooku was smarter and wiser? He ended up a fricken pawn. That's not wisdom at its finest - nor can a servant of the Dark Lord of the Sith be construed as wise.

Dooku was intelligent, but misguided and delusional, which is why he was simply a pawn.

Anakin ended up tooling Dooku in their duel. Why? Because his raw power made him too much of an onslaught for Dooku to handle. That's the whole proficiency of Makashi - it is precise and accurate. But it can't handle someone like Anakin, who is bashing the hell out of Dooku's defence. Dooku may have had more proficiency (by virtue of age and experience) with a lightsaber, but he lost the duel legitimately - and there's nothing to say that another fight between them wouldn't go the same way.

When Anakin goes into "pissed off" mode, he is too powerful for Dooku to handle.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Gideon
Dooku was smarter and wiser? He ended up a fricken pawn. That's not wisdom at its finest - nor can a servant of the Dark Lord of the Sith be construed as wise.

Dooku was intelligent, but misguided and delusional, which is why he was simply a pawn.

Anakin ended up tooling Dooku in their duel. Why? Because his raw power made him too much of an onslaught for Dooku to handle. That's the whole proficiency of Makashi - it is precise and accurate. But it can't handle someone like Anakin, who is bashing the hell out of Dooku's defence. Dooku may have had more proficiency (by virtue of age and experience) with a lightsaber, but he lost the duel legitimately - and there's nothing to say that another fight between them wouldn't go the same way.

When Anakin goes into "pissed off" mode, he is too powerful for Dooku to handle.

Yep its been confirmed by almost every source, including Lucas himself that Anakin is better then Dooku.

queeq
In AOTC Dooku was already and clearly worn out by the fight with Anakin. The kill in ROTS was only a matter of time.

Rampant ox
I disagree. If he was 'clearly worn out' as you say, he wouldnt have been able to go up against and survive in a duel with Yoda. Anakin proved more difficult than expected, but was still nowhere near good enough to rival Dooku at that point.

queeq
Well, if you read the novel, and that IS canon, Dooku was surprised and almost taken out. That shot of Dooku gasping is supposed to show that Dooku was overwhelmed by Anakin's power. That was quite weakly done, the novel makes it quite clear Dooku was almost out of his league... almost but not entirely so he won. Anakin's growth and therefor his victory over Dooku was inevitable.

General G
GAHHH!! queeq, you closed another one! it wasn't bad management, it was bad people posting random stuff! Me and Kingu tried to keep it Grievous related!

queeq
Controlling bad people IS mangement. Two pages of crap does not constitute a discussion.

Darth Subjekt
pwned, lol

queeq
Hehehe

Darth Subjekt
haha, Queeq pwned that shit like Anakin pwned Dooku's ass! lol.

queeq
*han Solo voice* I know...

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Controlling bad people IS mangement. Two pages of crap does not constitute a discussion.

Doesn't that describe a lot of these threads?

Nikkolas
Dooku was a good fair bit more skilled than Anakin in AOTC and probably up until ROTS. Say what you want - but the movies are higher level canon than the novels. The movie shows Dooku easily handling Anakin and then holding his own fairly well against Yoda.

If you want to accept all levels of canon, things are very complex. Palpatine clearly masterminded the Alliance's destruction at the Death Star II but Shadows of the Empire says it was Prince Xizor. It just comes down to what you want to believe, really. I'm gonna take the movies version because the movies are a higher level of canona dn have Christopher Lee and in the movie, Dooku tooled Anakin .

And Anakin tooled him in ROTS. Just that simple.

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
Doesn't that describe a lot of these threads?

Nope, they are under control.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Dooku was a good fair bit more skilled than Anakin in AOTC and probably up until ROTS. Say what you want - but the movies are higher level canon than the novels. The movie shows Dooku easily handling Anakin and then holding his own fairly well against Yoda.

If you watched the movies you would see that's NOT 100% true. When he was fighting Kenobi Dooku was taunting him throughout the fight but when he was fighting Skywalker he was 100% serious. That brief of relief before fighting Yoda also shows that Dooku was putting forth full effort after the Count defeated Anakin.

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Nope, they are under control.

Correct, but just because they are on the ground does not mean the wheels are on the tracks.

queeq
They don't need to be.

Alliance

queeq
You got it.

Jack Daniels
beer

queeq
drinking alone, are we?

Jack Daniels
drunk

queeq
Better

overlord
Duh.. Anakin outdueled Darth Doonku. Otherwise Dooku wouldn't have had his hands cut off. LOL, Dooku trained all his life and Anakin just outmanouveres him, what a turd! laughing

Count Makashi
Anakin is a better swordsman, by this time the best, but Dooku has better force powers, which he didn't use against Anakin, to prove himself that he is better swordsman(which he wasn't).

queeq
Errm.. yeah.

vintageSW77
i have a hard time with Dooku
i love Christopher Lee always have always will and his non action PT scenes are great but whenever i watch Dooku duelling or doing sommersaults etc i cant help thinking im watching some fake weird CGI freak show

reason #2 why the PT sucks

queeq
Yeah, although EPIII was less annoying. But they never got the CG jumps and falls right.

vintageSW77
ive watched Sith a few times with different people and thats the only thing they make a comment about

Dookus sommersault followed by the same old "Christopher Lee..hes doing well for his age" etc comments

queeq
Hehehehe... It's strange since apparantly they only changed the face... but it does look sucky.

I hate the jumps in AOTC even more: OB1 from the line on kamino, Anakin on the *shudder* Shaak... Dooku can easily be added. It's clear CGI cannot be convincingly used for everyuthing... yet.

Rampant ox
I never really thought about Dooku's somersault before. I think it would have fit his personality better if he just walked down the stairs anyway. Not using any more effort than necessary.

But I agree with whats been said. CGI looks good but sometimes it gets taken to far and things dont look real - or at least as real as it can be in a SW movie.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I never really thought about Dooku's somersault before. I think it would have fit his personality better if he just walked down the stairs anyway. Not using any more effort than necessary.

yeah Lucas should have gone with that
even the old William Shatner stunt guy with different build and wig is preferable to CGI head swapping

queeq
Indeed.

Alliance
Maybe Lucas should have just lopped off Dooku's head and "be gone with him."

queeq
Jedi Nass could kill him.... interesting.

Alliance
Jar Jar could kill him. Utini!

vintageSW77
Utini indeed

Off topic but was there ever a Jedi Jawa??
it seems nearly every 2 legged species in the SW universe has a Jedi in there somewhere

queeq
They have the robes for it.

vintageSW77
i read that the Jedi stole the Jawa look or maybe i dreamt it

Alliance
They're too small. smile

vintageSW77
QUOTE - in the early days Yoda stole the Jawa look and told the jedi "from now on wear this cloak we will"
but after losing countless Jedi in combat he realised that six foot tall Jedi may have had their sword skills restricted in cloaks made for 3 ft high folk and had them adjusted

its all in the SW Encyclopedia

honest!

queeq
I always thought the cloaks were typical Tatooine wear... guess Lucas changed his mind.

vintageSW77
yeah there are a lot of dudes in Jedi robes in Mos Eisley if you look closely

also aliens in Imperial garb too

queeq
Imperial garb?

Alliance
Is that like fetish gear?

queeq
laughing out loud

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Alliance
Is that like fetish gear? laughing out loud eek!

vintageSW77
yes

queeq
I knew it.

overlord
Jawa's? Nah... C3PO was one though.

queeq
A double Jawa in gold wrapper?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.