Superman Red vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
who will win

guy222
Originally posted by hunbu04
who will win

supes red wins by default wink

Beta Ray Howard
Couldn't Thor just absorb, well, him?

Ptr_Grifin
What is the difference between Superman Red and Superman Blue?

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
What is the difference between Superman Red and Superman Blue?

They have the same powerset, its just a matter of personality. Superman red is basically clark's dark side. Think superman but just pissed off all the time. In the regard, superman red beats thor silly. Thor can't absorb superman red thru the containment suit. That leaves superman red with blunt force trauma as his only option. He's still just as strong and just as fast. Plus he can do that lightning bolt teleport thing. Thor won't be able to touch him. Most importantly, this superman has no regard for the sanctity of life, so normal superman-hold back doesnt apply. Superman blue with the same powerset threw down with asmodel, a god damn angel of heaven. Thor ain't go sh*t on him.

Bentley
I'm not really that convinced of this battle being solved so easily. Superman Blue got owned by energy manipulators and mjolmir is pretty good absorbing energy.

Badabing
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
That's what I was thinking.

zachrivard
superman red wins 10/10 superman blue was a beast and red and blue had the same powers

Beta Ray Howard

Redatom65
Originally posted by zachrivard
superman red wins 10/10 superman blue was a beast and red and blue had the same powers

agreed

masterbruce

apparently, the answer is no

DigiMark007
I'm kinda with BRH here.

But I want to agree with zachrivard because I did that request for him probably half a year ago and he's still wearing it. That kind of brand-loyalty to a sig-maker is hard to come by these days. If someone wears a request for, say, 2 weeks it's a victory.

thumb up

masterbruce
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm kinda with BRH here.

But I want to agree with zachrivard because I did that request for him probably half a year ago and he's still wearing it. That kind of brand-loyalty to a sig-maker is hard to come by these days. If someone wears a request for, say, 2 weeks it's a victory.

thumb up

I've been wearing my sig since the day I signed on.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by masterbruce
apparently, the answer is no

no expression

By whose accord?

masterbruce
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
They have the same powerset, its just a matter of personality. Superman red is basically clark's dark side. Think superman but just pissed off all the time. In the regard, superman red beats thor silly. Thor can't absorb superman red thru the containment suit. That leaves superman red with blunt force trauma as his only option. He's still just as strong and just as fast. Plus he can do that lightning bolt teleport thing. Thor won't be able to touch him. Most importantly, this superman has no regard for the sanctity of life, so normal superman-hold back doesnt apply. Superman blue with the same powerset threw down with asmodel, a god damn angel of heaven. Thor ain't go sh*t on him.

Beta Ray Howard
Yet there's more than one account of him getting wtfpwned by energy manipulators.

What do you think Mjolnir does?

Blair Wind
What do you think Mjolnir does?

Bash heads and get thrown around no expression

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Bash heads and get thrown around no expression

Well those are nifty as well.

masterbruce
Supes is too fast for Thor.

Beta Ray Howard

They say the same thing about Silver Surfer.

DigiMark007
I've been wearing my sig since the day I signed on.

But it stinks.

stick out tongue

He's faster, sure, but Thor actually has more than a couple faster-than-human speed feats. He's not just a slow piece of crap.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But it stinks.

stick out tongue

He's faster, sure, but Thor actually has more than a couple faster-than-human speed feats. He's not just a slow piece of crap.

If you asked half the posters on this board, they'd say the exact opposite. One of the biggest misconceptions on these boards.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Soujaboy
If you asked half the posters on this board, they'd say the exact opposite. One of the biggest misconceptions on these boards.

I'd say Thor can take superman red. Superman Red has no regard for human life and doesn't "hold back", but he's also INCREDIBLY reckless. Thor has thousands of years of fighting experience and is highly underrated as a fighter and tactician.

Mjolnir can and will absorb any attempts at energy projection/manipulation, so this leaves a straight up fight as supes' only real option.

Superman red/blue's biggest weakness is that damn containment suit. It CAN be damaged and without it, he dies. I put the odds of Thor busting up that suit as pretty high. Yes, superman blue (which was the combined superman, not the weak willed superman blue...two totally different characters) threw down with an angel of heaven, but Thor is perhaps the most powerful of the norse gods.

Thor has broken through celestial armor on his own. The Godforce will shred superman red the second he uses it.

Thor for the majority.

Avalonofthewind
Superman Red wins this handily.

UniOmni
Why Avy? Most energy beings are weak to the hammer.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by UniOmni
Why Avy? Most energy beings are weak to the hammer.

King Castle
Thor absorbs him into his hammer or blast him into space as an energy impulse or blast the containment suit which destabilizes red

carver9
Superman red wins this in a stomp.

King Castle
Originally posted by carver9
Superman red wins this in a stomp. how?

carver9
Originally posted by King Castle
how?

If he is anything like his blue counterpart, Thor isn't stopping him. His versatilty was top notch and I can't see Thor absorbing him. He is FAR stronger than Thor and from my knowledge, he was completely invulnerable, it was almost next to impossible to break through his containment suit.

King Castle
facepalm2

reference a feat or an attack that he will use to win, pls.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

King Castle
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. you dont get off that easy, either. same that goes for Carver goes for you.

what can Thor do to win referencing feats and comic moments

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir - Capable of absorbing/manipulating energy of large quantities.
+
Superman Red - Same power set as Superman Blue who I recall being f*cked with when it came to energy manipulation more than once.
=
Thor wins.

King Castle
good answer

carver9
facepalm2

reference a feat or an attack that he will use to win, pls.

Stronger, faster, more durable, able to turn into light, intagibility, can grow a 100 ft tall, shoot energy blast from eyes, hands, chest, teleportation, able to amp from nearby cities (electricity).

The guy could basically do anything.

King Castle
are you reading that off from his Bio page?

Thor has similar abilities but it's how he uses them in combat that matters.

Superman Red is energy base and i dont recall him turning into light on his own and only when doctor light manipulated him against his will converting him and sending superman blue into space.

The Intangibility had more to do with the intensity of his energy and he is still energy.

thor has hit intangible beings in the past due to his magic hammer.

shooting energy blast form his body doesnt matter and is pointless since thor can block it and draw it out as well.

Thor has also bn able to blast from his hand and body without the need of his hammer that doesnt mean anything for thor nor for supes unless you think Supes energy is enough to down Thor.

Thor can also teleport so what? again combat effective is what matters in battle.

the whole city drawing power guess what so can thor and Absorbing man who Thor has fought years before he became a jobber.

Red supes is nothing Thor hasnt faced and the suit has bn ripped more then once..

Carver have you read the superman Red/Blue comics?

JakeTheBank
Lol @ people ignoring Mjolnir's energy absorbing/redirecting feats which are some of the best around.

Thor wins.

SquallX
Saw this scan of a depowered Red using a blast i believe, fired at him to refuel himself. Could be wrong.

But couldn't he just absorbs Thor's blast to make himself stronger.

King Castle
only if it is simple electricity and not magic in it,..

what if thor hit's him with simple cosmic, or other forms of energy from the radiation field or uses anti matter blast, a god blast

SquallX
only if it is simple electricity and not magic in it,..

what if thor hit's him with simple cosmic, or other forms of energy from the radiation field or uses anti matter blast, a god blast

Thing is, i don't know much of Superman Blue/Red. From the respect thread, Avlon has that knowledge.

But from the respect thread, he has fought magical beings just fine. He fought a millennium Giant, a mystical Dragon.

In a fight with the giants, they absorbed too much of the Earth energies.

So i like i said,ask Avlon, because he's the expert.

King Castle
i read some of his adventures back in the day but was never impressed by him overall.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t405733.html

he possessed good control of his power and it was versatile but not like it was something he could apply in battle while fight for his life.

it's like ppl using ironfist healing feat to claim it will help him or maintain him in a fight and that is just being dishonest.

same for supes with a certain member commenting on supes abilities in general as if superman had that lvl of mastery without any actual combat feat of supes using his powers in a particular way while distracted and engaged

Allankles
I don't see Mjlonir absorbing him tbh. Energy beings eventually discover means to resist energy absorption or draining by developing complete control over their physical constitution.

Superman Blue showed that he could resist that kind of exploitation, don't see why Red wouldn't since he's the same character.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lawlz.

JakeTheBank
Even if Mjolnir doesn't absorb him in entirely, a lot of what makes Superman Red/Blue so potent is nullified or countered with what Mjolnir has been shown to do multiple times in comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.