Xbox Live Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
ok, i got aol broadband highspeed internet and im tryna get xbox live to work for my 360. i looked up what to do and it said to go to 'PPPoE' or w/e and select that and put in ur email and then it works. but where the hell is that?? i got on network settings and it says that(PPPoE) nowhere.

help would be appreciated. smile

K73SK
ignore PPPoE unless it's part of your internet connection. it should have an option somewhere to say automatic, or no PPPoE.

braz
yea, i dont even have a router yet though, do i need one of those? cuz i was just trying to use the USB port off of my printer and idunno if thats good enough or the same thing.

K73SK
umm who's the provider? you could connect the ethernet cable from the box to the 360. if the provider is just in your area and not like all over the place, you'll probably need a router. if you go get a router, i would suggest you get a linksys. they're very good.

braz
yea its aol broadband, see i tried using the ethernet but it didnt fit into my modem, and i still needed an IP address.

K73SK
so ur thing requires usb or something?...use whatever u use to connect it to computer. if taht works, then when you want you can buy a router so both ur computer and xbox360 will be connected.

ok i jsut checked, they don't have aol broadband. so you will need a router unfortunately, unless your one lucky guy smile

braz
alright then. thanks

braz
ok, when u get to XBox live and im playing HALO 2 actually right now(or about to, i need som1 online to play), how do u send out invitations to everyone? do u have to know som1 specifically online right now or what?

K73SK
umm i dont play halo2 so...im taking a guess at this

add them, and when ur in the game, since its old xbox game, usually the y button will be your friends list somewhere in the agme, so look in there and click their name, and there should be something that says invite player to party.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.