Classic Juggernaut vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
I always wondered if SS could really do damage to Cain???
I mean Thor can't and countless others. Hulk is about the closest one.

LordFear
my money is on Juggy any day

Swanky-Tuna
What's Juggernaut going to do to Surfer? Advance on him?

Soljer
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Menacingly.

xmarksthespot
I think we're supposed to work under the assumption that SS's IQ has been lowered to 17 for the duration of the fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I think we're supposed to work under the assumption that SS's IQ has been lowered to 17 for the duration of the fight.

Oh.

In that case, the Surfer only wins 10/10.

LordFear
ok tell me what he can do
Let's examine scenarios where his cosmic powers are going to shatter Juggy virtual impenetrable field. Classic Juggy smacks Thor around, that's a pretty nice feat. Hulk got pissed and smacked SS around after he wasn't listening to SS's menaces. Mindless Hulk version. My point is SS is not gonna have a field day tackling him

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
ok tell me what he can do
Let's examine scenarios where his cosmic powers are going to shatter Juggy virtual impenetrable field. Classic Juggy smacks Thor around, that's a pretty nice feat. Hulk got pissed and smacked SS around after he wasn't listening to SS's menaces. Mindless Hulk version. My point is SS is not gonna have a field day tackling him

laughing

The Hulk has gone all out on the Surfer, and didn't phase him.

A Surfer who completely LACKED the power cosmic nearly killed the Hulk by the Hulk's own admission.

A DRASTICALLY weakened Surfer went hand to hand with the classic abomination (you know, the one that beat the shit out of the Hulk?) and kicked him around.

Don't compare the Surfer to the Hulk. It only exposes you as a fanboy and weakens your case.

As for the fight, the surfer CAN'T lose. Especially the current Surfer.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing

The Hulk has gone all out on the Surfer, and didn't phase him.

A Surfer who completely LACKED the power cosmic nearly killed the Hulk by the Hulk's own admission.

A DRASTICALLY weakened Surfer went hand to hand with the classic abomination (you know, the one that beat the shit out of the Hulk?) and kicked him around.

Don't compare the Surfer to the Hulk. It only exposes you as a fanboy and weakens your case.

As for the fight, the surfer CAN'T lose. Especially the current Surfer.

By Hulk's own admission. Yeah whenever we use that argument, people argue the the writer was to blame for writing garbage dialogue. I could argue the same here rendering your argument moot. I have SEEN Hulk punch the daylights out of SS and I will get you that link sir. Don't you fret. Don't know about current just the classic version I guess.

Soljer
By Hulk's own admission. Yeah whenever we use that argument, people argue the the writer was to blame for writing garbage dialogue. I could argue the same here rendering your argument moot. I have SEEN Hulk punch the daylights out of SS and I will get you that link sir. Don't you fret. Don't know about current just the classic version I guess.

Let's see you getting a picture of the Hulk puncing the daylights out of the Surfer. I've seen the Hulk punch the Surfer a few times, and a few times even send him flying.

What most hulk fanboys forget to post is that the Surfer gets right back up without a single scratch on him right afterwards.

Usually to sap the Gamma radiation from the Hulk, since the Surfer is a pacifist and doesn't like eradicating inferior beings.

Swanky-Tuna
It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for Surfer to use his cosmic awareness to figure out a form of energy that can disrupt, or maybe even drain, Juggernaut's magic. I'm pretty sure he's never done it to Juggernanut but I know he has experience mingling with magic when he helped Odin revive Beta Ray Bill.

Maybe trap him in his board. Put him into orbit around something. Zap him into another dimension. Maybe vibrate him so he can't stop throwing up. Create an infinite pizza making machine, thus disabling Juggernaut and every body else within smelling distance. Who can resist a good pie?

outarddwarf
physically nothing. We have no Idea if anyone can mattermanipulate through his Force Feild or not, his durability is above surfers blasts ect. in my opinion (he took the godforce after all) however in a fight where surfer uses his speed ect he can trap and or BFR juggernaut easily.

norrinradd43
I dont think Juggernaut could ever beat Silver surfer or any herald for that matter...except maybe terrax

Space M ummy
Originally posted by norrinradd43
I dont think Juggernaut could ever beat Silver surfer or any herald for that matter...except maybe terrax

QFT. This is so lopsidedly bad it's practically a spite thread.

Classic juggernaut got his ass whipped by NIMROD, then put down with sonics.

Surfer is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nimrod in terms of sheer power and versatility. If they sat there trading punches back and forth Cain might survive, but as someone stated above, Surfer would have to have an IQ in the single digits to go this route.

Surfer turns the air around cain into a solid block of adamantium, BFR's him into the sun, Shrinks to microscopic size then flies into a nostril and wrecks him from the inside, Absorbs a sun then unleashes the damn thing on him frying cain to a crisp...etc etc etc surfer 100/100.

blind faith
Silver Surfer is too damn fast and too versatile, he could just BFR Juggs to the space or just keep him busy until Juggs gets bored and walks away.

SS FTW.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The thread op says can the surfer do any dmg to the juggernaut. ALl this other speculation about BFR and speed has nothing to do with the op.

blind faith
no expression

LordFear
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The thread op says can the surfer do any dmg to the juggernaut. ALl this other speculation about BFR and speed has nothing to do with the op.

Thanx for emphasizing that point. As he stated I wanted to know if SS could really hurt him? I mean SS has a million powers and my query is if he could really leave Cain messed up to the point of Cain abandonning the mantle of the Juggernaut?

Rewmac
Power Cosmic

Swanky-Tuna
So we're supposed to just guess what power cosmic can do to magic?

...I think he can do it. I have no proof either way and neither does anyone else really. The PC is practically as much a plot device as straight magic is so I'm giving Surfer the benefit of the doubt and state ahead of time that Galactus is a dope.

boriquaking55

You sir....win this thread laughing thumb up

The Fake Macoy
Surfer just needs to stand out of Juggernaut's reach, and then use whatever energy he wants to win this. Juggy's finished.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Surfer just needs to stand out of Juggernaut's reach, and then use whatever energy he wants to win this. Juggy's finished.

Surfer would have to over come the enhachantment of Cytorak.

Avalonofthewind
Stalemate in battle. Juggy can laugh off ANY of Surfers attacks but Juggs won't be able to touch Surfer.

Victory in bfr for Surfer.

LordFear
So we're supposed to just guess what power cosmic can do to magic?

...I think he can do it. I have no proof either way and neither does anyone else really. The PC is practically as much a plot device as straight magic is so I'm giving Surfer the benefit of the doubt and state ahead of time that Galactus is a dope.

Wait, why is Galactus a dope?
Chuck this up to years of being a latchky kid and watching t.v all day resulting in my brain synapses not firing to their optimum but Galan is a cosmic god in MU.

Roldz
How about emmitting sonic far higher in frequencies than nimrod, it cause great physical pains to Juggs.. Im sure Juggs couldnt stand that kind of pain forever, im pretty sure he'd give up..

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Roldz
How about emmitting sonic far higher in frequencies than nimrod, it cause great physical pains to Juggs.. Im sure Juggs couldnt stand that kind of pain forever, im pretty sure he'd give up..

It didn't cause him physical pain. It through his balance off and knocked him unconscious as a psychic blast would.

Roldz
As i recall it cause him pain you know hands against his helmet, slobbering and facial expression.. That atleast is what i remember..
Either way he was stop..

LordFear
Again the premise here is could SS's cosmic might obliterate Juggy's enchantment? I don't think so. Cytorrak has been referred to as an Elder, those guys are stupidly powerful.

Roldz
Sonic attack would obliterate Juggs inhancement, it affected him and put him unconscious, surfer could easyly make those..

LordFear
So that means that Havok, Banshee or IronMan could easily destroy Juggy's armor. Banshee's voice can resonate at highly peaked levels and Havok could tune his frequency into a sonic boom and IronMan could send high pitched waves and shatter Juggy's armor. I dunno

Evangel94
Power Cosmic will not affect Juggernaut's enchantment.

Silver Surfer couldn't hurt Juggernaut, but neither could Juggernaut hurt Silver Surfer.

Neither side really wins, but Surfer could send Juggernaut away using the power cosmic and win via battlefield removal.

xmarksthespot
So that means that Havok, Banshee or IronMan could easily destroy Juggy's armor. Banshee's voice can resonate at highly peaked levels and Havok could tune his frequency into a sonic boom and IronMan could send high pitched waves and shatter Juggy's armor. I dunno Uh.. do you know what Havok's powers are?

Validus
Uh.. do you know what Havok's powers are?
The ability to tune his frequency into Sonic Booms.

DUH!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Validus
The ability to tune his frequency into Sonic Booms.

DUH! Oops, silly me. Silver Surfer wins by making a sonic boom...

Roldz
So that means that Havok, Banshee or IronMan could easily destroy Juggy's armor. Banshee's voice can resonate at highly peaked levels and Havok could tune his frequency into a sonic boom and IronMan could send high pitched waves and shatter Juggy's armor. I dunno
but is it a level of Nimrods frequencies, if it is then i quess so..
Havok, i quess he makes sonic booms..lol

LordFear
Uh.. do you know what Havok's powers are?

*******, Havok has created sonic booms several times. Read a damn book

Roldz
He did? You recall what issue it is.. I had thought him capable only on plasma attacks...

Newjak
Listen people nimrod didn't use simple sonics to put down Juggernaut. He used a high potent frequency weapon from the future that effected Cain's nervous system which stopped him from being able to move and it's effect wouldn't last long. Besides for any other hero to use this attack they would have to know what frequency was being used in the first place.

Next whoever wrote that should know that Cain's body really isn't like a normal humans anymore. Cain did once walk around as nothing more than a skeleton so what is an attack on his nervous system really going to do?

Edit: Plus Cain has used a Thunder Clap before and he didn't knock himself out using it.

LordFear
Nope you are referring to the new version. Uncanny Xmen. He used his abilities at times to create a backlash which resembles a sonic boom. The energy in excess which is constantly being emanated is plasmic but the backlash from a large discharge of ambient energy will leave a sonic boom effect.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Roldz
He did? You recall what issue it is.. I had thought him capable only on plasma attacks... Likewise. I do look forward to seeing the issue for myself. That and I don't think a sonic boom is akin to a high frequency aural attack at all.

LordFear
Fine giving an explanation of a character's ability and the reason why simply isn't enough? Fine until I get the issue and number. Omit Havok from my list since for some reason we are going off subject and focusing on the minutia of the bigger picture. Would that make people happy now? Banshee and Ironman. Until I get scans on here, let's move on past Havok. Ok, can we get off his sac and move on to the original discussion?

King_Mungi
Question since others mentioned this, but arn't skyfather and Elder Gods at the same level? I thought they were the same class, just different name. Am I wrong?

LordFear
I was always under the assumption that Elders were a bit higher than Skyfathers. It seemed to me that the Templars where virtually unstoppable. Plus in 8th day, Juggy creamed Thor like he was a bug. That would lead me to believe that Cytorrak might wield more might that the Odinson or Odin himself

King_Mungi
Very well could be, I always just thought they were the same thing. Just like God goes by several names in comics.

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
Listen people nimrod didn't use simple sonics to put down Juggernaut. He used a high potent frequency weapon from the future that effected Cain's nervous system which stopped him from being able to move and it's effect wouldn't last long. Besides for any other hero to use this attack they would have to know what frequency was being used in the first place.

Next whoever wrote that should know that Cain's body really isn't like a normal humans anymore. Cain did once walk around as nothing more than a skeleton so what is an attack on his nervous system really going to do?

Edit: Plus Cain has used a Thunder Clap before and he didn't knock himself out using it. Didn't want this getting lost so soon

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Newjak
Didn't want this getting lost so soon Those silly X-Men. Relying on their telepaths to put down Juggernaut, when all they really needed was for Havok to make some sonic booms.

Newjak
Those silly X-Men. Relying on their telepaths to put down Juggernaut, when all they really needed was for Havok to make some sonic booms. mad
stick out tongue

LordFear
Those silly X-Men. Relying on their telepaths to put down Juggernaut, when all they really needed was for Havok to make some sonic booms.

Was that an attempt at sarcasm?

LordFear
From marveldirectory.com
Limitations: The Juggernaut does have certain vulnerabilities. He can be affected by mystical forces of sufficient strength. Without his helmet and/or skullcap, both constructed of an unknown mystical metal, he is vulnerable to psionic attacks against his mind. Nimrod, a robot from the future of an alternate Earth, successfully attacked the Juggernaut's mind and nervous system with advanced weaponry producing tight-beam high-frequency sound waves and a synapse dislocate that jammed his neural impulses. However, had the Juggernaut used his force field, perhaps he might have proved invulnerable even to these futuristic weapons.

So what if he did use his force field. Would Nimrod still have been able to knock him out? Also it was not only sound waves but a synapse dislocate that jams his nervous system. Alone sound waves wouldn't do squat

Newjak
From marveldirectory.com
Limitations: The Juggernaut does have certain vulnerabilities. He can be affected by mystical forces of sufficient strength. Without his helmet and/or skullcap, both constructed of an unknown mystical metal, he is vulnerable to psionic attacks against his mind. Nimrod, a robot from the future of an alternate Earth, successfully attacked the Juggernaut's mind and nervous system with advanced weaponry producing tight-beam high-frequency sound waves and a synapse dislocate that jammed his neural impulses. However, had the Juggernaut used his force field, perhaps he might have proved invulnerable even to these futuristic weapons.

So what if he did use his force field. Would Nimrod still have been able to knock him out? Also it was not only sound waves but a synapse dislocate that jams his nervous system. Alone sound waves wouldn't do squat Welll it's the idea that the attack would have never reached him but would probably have been absorbed by the field.

Anyways like I said it wasn't pure sound that messed Cain up.

LordFear
gotcha

golem370
Silver Surfer is fast enough to get Juggs Helmet and give him a brain whammy

LordFear
Juggernaut" I am unstoppable"

Soljer
Juggernaut" I am unstoppable"

The Surfer omgwtfbbqpwns him.

LordFear
The Surfer omgwtfbbqpwns him.

Nah, Cain Marko ain't neva scurred.
Yeah heard me?????
UNFREAKINSTOPPABLE BABY!!!!!!!!!!
JUGGY CRUSH!!!

Arachnid1
Unless Sufer drains Cains energy, he has no chance at winning. But then, Cain won't be doing anything either unles he hurls something at surfer that can hurt Surfer. The would both sooner die of old age, and they don't age at all.

Evangel94
If Thor's Godblast could bring down "classic" juggernaut's forcefield, Silver Surfer won't be able to do anything outside of sending juggy off the battlefield.

LordFear
Well that's the best way of containing Juggy is by trapping him or sending him to another dimension. Which I don't think that this would be considered as a victory. I mean laying the smack down

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Evangel94
If Thor's Godblast could bring down "classic" juggernaut's forcefield, Silver Surfer won't be able to do anything outside of sending juggy off the battlefield.

Juggernaut took the Godblast to the chest. If he were using his forcefield, it wouldn't have touched him.

bigbran
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Question since others mentioned this, but arn't skyfather and Elder Gods at the same level? I thought they were the same class, just different name. Am I wrong? It seems that Elders are higher.
Hell look at when the Defenders took on Gaea.

I think that Elders are superior to Skyfathers (of course, my opinion).

Bentley
How is this thread not spite? Juggs has nothing on the Surfer, he would have a hard time putting him down even in hand to hand combat (he would win of course, but it would take time).

Evangel94
Originally posted by Bentley
How is this thread not spite? Juggs has nothing on the Surfer, he would have a hard time putting him down even in hand to hand combat (he would win of course, but it would take time).

Spite would imply malice or sense of satisfaction from injury. Neither side is really going to get hurt in this battle.

Rewmac
Just a quiestion?
What can Juggernaut do to Norrin?

Kid Kurdy
This is a non fight. They can't hurt each other, Juggernaut is tough but slow, and Surfer is versatile but not strong enough to put him down.

Non fight. A bit like Spider-Man vs Colossus.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Rewmac
Just a quiestion?
What can Juggernaut do to Norrin?
Let's assume for a second Norrin decides to teach Juggernaut a lesson or two about the noble art of boxing.

Silver Surfer wouldn't know what hit him. Juggernaut's strength is underrated.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Let's assume for a second Norrin decides to teach Juggernaut a lesson or two about the noble art of boxing.

Silver Surfer wouldn't know what hit him. Juggernaut's strength is underrated.
No it's not.
You under rate Surfer's durabilty.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
No it's not.
You under rate Surfer's durabilty.
It seems that I am not the only one. Surfer's durability is a bit vague, don't you think ? According to some writers, he hardly feels a punch from Hulk, but a few issues later, Wolverine cuts him open or Spider-Man knocks him back.

But Juggernaut is ALWAYS strong. He is at least as strong as an angry Hulk.

juggernaut74
Norrins only chance is BFR to win. He isn't going to stop Juggernaut physically.

id369
Oh WTF? Major Curbstomping in SS Favor. evil face

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7383/curbstompsf0.gif

juggernaut74
Originally posted by id369
Oh WTF? Major Curbstomping in SS Favor. evil face

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7383/curbstompsf0.gif One would sure think so. But Thor had ALOT of problems and had to resort to BFR to win.

id369

juggernaut74

golem370
He has durability equal to or better then Silver Surfer

guy222
I always wondered if SS could really do damage to Cain???
I mean Thor can't and countless others. Hulk is about the closest one.

SS ftw

Soljer
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea, but he still had to resort to BFR to win.

Don't manipulate the comic. Thor removed Juggernaut's enchantment, and proceeded to beat the utter shit out of him hand to hand.

The only reason Thor didn't finish off Juggernaut was because this was back when he still had the 60 second time limit to be away from Mjolnir.

Thor no longer has that restriction, and, thus, could remove Classic Juggernaut's durability, and beat the SHIT out of him for the win.

The Surfer may be able to do the same.

Also, Norrin's durability is QUITE underrated. The Hulk has given him all he's had before, and the Surfer was unphased. He's flown through stars, through supernova's, etc. He's at least as durable as the Superman-brick-types via feats. And Juggernaut certainly wouldn't be one-punching any Superman (or superman clone).

LordFear
HAHAHA. People underrate both fighters in this thread.

id369

LordFear

Warmonger
Don't manipulate the comic. Thor removed Juggernaut's enchantment, and proceeded to beat the utter shit out of him hand to hand.

The only reason Thor didn't finish off Juggernaut was because this was back when he still had the 60 second time limit to be away from Mjolnir.

Thor no longer has that restriction, and, thus, could remove Classic Juggernaut's durability, and beat the SHIT out of him for the win.

The Surfer may be able to do the same.

Also, Norrin's durability is QUITE underrated. The Hulk has given him all he's had before, and the Surfer was unphased. He's flown through stars, through supernova's, etc. He's at least as durable as the Superman-brick-types via feats. And Juggernaut certainly wouldn't be one-punching any Superman (or superman clone).

No he didn't the fight was still very even. With Juggernaut even smacking the shit out of THor with astone pillar. Had the match continued for a logn time I would give it to Thor based on superior fighting skills but he was by no means simply manhandling Juggs.

Last I chekc the Surfer can't manipulate strong magical forces so his chances of doing that are pretty nill.

As for surfer's durabiloty it seems that Thor can hammer te shit out of him pretty easily.

Warmonger

Swanky-Tuna
Wait, why is Galactus a dope?
Chuck this up to years of being a latchky kid and watching t.v all day resulting in my brain synapses not firing to their optimum but Galan is a cosmic god in MU.
On paper he sounds awesome, right? So did the Borg on Star Trek. But you use them more and more and eventually your cosmic gods and your ruthless zombie-robot computer hybrids become gullible clods that can be easily outsmarted.

LordFear
On paper he sounds awesome, right? So did the Borg on Star Trek. But you use them more and more and eventually your cosmic gods and your ruthless zombie-robot computer hybrids become gullible clods that can be easily outsmarted.

I do see what you are saying big G has lost a bit of his cosmic credibility

Bentley
Originally posted by Warmonger
Ripping off Juggs helmet wouldn't actually do anything to defeat him.

It would clear the way for a mindrape.

Endless Mike
Surfer can win via BFR

LordFear
"Juggernaut head smash"

I love that quote from Marvel vs Capcom

LordFear
"I am Juggernaut *****"

psycho gundam
bump

Hitman911
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRi7jygVnQ
SS owns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.