10 tons of force vs Half a ton of force with adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Howard_Jones
This is inspired by Capt It Up's statement that Wolverine's punches would hurt more than somone with Class 10 strength. What say you?

breeze85
laughing

Scoobless
Only if he punches with the claws out.

Mrrungo Mu
How much does Wolverine weigh?

Howard_Jones
Around 250 pounds.

Rewmac
It's doesn't matter he is still just muscle type guy with good reflexes,agility,fighting skills that flavoured with healing factor,hightend senses and adamantium claws. I'm quite fair with him. Sometimes I think he is overrated sometimes I think he is underestimated. He could punch Puck (who is Class 10) and that will hurt him. Same goes to Spidey.

Soljer
He's asking who hits harder. And the answer is OBVIOUSLY the ten tons of force.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Soljer
He's asking who hits harder. And the answer is OBVIOUSLY the ten tons of force. Agreed... embarrasment

Flame On!!
Actually whilst you can't really measure force in tons in terms of impact. Newtons would be better and pressure equations would come into play if the claws were out e.g. If I put my hand on yours I would not break the skin if I lent on it with all my weight. However, if I placed a pencil on you hand and then lent on that the pencil would not only break your skin, it would penetrate to a depth. Capt's statement has some basis. Now I know you're going to say a ten ton press uses tons to measure force, it doesn't, it uses tons to measure the weight it's exerting.

- FO!!

Howard_Jones
It has some basis, but not much. We're just talking a straight punch. I'd rather get a punch from Wolverine than someone like Puck or Spidey. Wolverine punches me, I'm koed. Spidey punches me, and I look like Jack Hawksmoor just found me in a dark alley.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Rewmac
Sometimes I think he is overrated sometimes I think he is underestimated. He could punch Puck (who is Class 10) and that will hurt him. Same goes to Spidey.

Actually no he couldn't hurt Puck due to his durability.

Soljer
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Actually whilst you can't really measure force in tons in terms of impact. Newtons would be better and pressure equations would come into play if the claws were out e.g. If I put my hand on yours I would not break the skin if I lent on it with all my weight. However, if I placed a pencil on you hand and then lent on that the pencil would not only break your skin, it would penetrate to a depth. Capt's statement has some basis. Now I know you're going to say a ten ton press uses tons to measure force, it doesn't, it uses tons to measure the weight it's exerting.

- FO!!

He isn't talking about claws. He's talking about punches.

Also, tons can be used as force. ANY measurement of weight is perfectly acceptable as a measurement of force. PSI, anyone?

King_Mungi
I mentioned pounds per square inch in another thread as well, oh well

norrinradd43
Adamantium probably would feel just like getting punched by a steel fist in which case I would say a punch from a spiderman or a classic moon knight would hurt more

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Actually no he couldn't hurt Puck due to his durability.

Because we all know that enchanted Canadian midgets > Hairy Canadian dudes with teh clawz.

Nutshot ftw.

Newjak
Yeah Admantium is hard but something "hardness" only matters when you compare to the item being hit. To most beings being hit with Adamnatium would be the samethig nas being hit with solid steel in brunt force trauma the only real strength in adamantium being so strong is when it is fashioned into a sharp weapon.

Any ways 10 tons of force is more than strong enough to turn the simple skull into a gooey substance. A solid block of Adamantium would be the same as a normal person hitting you with any hard object it will probably cause a great deal of damage depending where it hit but the strength of the metal doesn't factor in.

capt it up
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
This is inspired by Capt It Up's statement that Wolverine's punches would hurt more than somone with Class 10 strength. What say you?
false. What I said was

Wolverines punches would damage US Agent More then US Agents punches would damage Wolverine.

Which is an accurate statment given logan enchanced durbaility and healing factor.\

Next time and you try and act a statement I have amde you might want to comprhend what I ahve said first.

Thanks for trying to personally attack me by the way and failing.

Also it 2 tons force with adamatium knuckles.

Not only did you get what I said wrong, but then you mess up Logans strength class.

capt it up
It has some basis, but not much. We're just talking a straight punch. I'd rather get a punch from Wolverine than someone like Puck or Spidey. Wolverine punches me, I'm koed. Spidey punches me, and I look like Jack Hawksmoor just found me in a dark alley.

Logan punche dyou and you would die. Logan has made refferences to it many times that he holds back when he hits people and is really only tapping them.

He stated on numerous occassions he would kill a perosn if he hit them any were near full strength.

He also before being put in the weapon x program punch a man through the stomack and palced a granade in side.

King KAM
Originally posted by capt it up
false. What I said was

Wolverines punches would damage US Agent More then US Agents punches would damage Wolverine.

Which is an accurate statment given logan enchanced durbaility and healing factor.\

Next time and you try and act a statement I have amde you might want to comprhend what I ahve said first.

Thanks for trying to personally attack me by the way and failing.

Also it 2 tons force with adamatium knuckles.

Not only did you get what I said wrong, but then you mess up Logans strength class. logan has no 2ton lifting feats...the man pushes a ****ing garbage can and you loose all common sense you ever had. it is litterally impossible for someone to throw a garbage can with one hand if they are 5'3, their hands simply arent big enough. but instead you HAVE to be an idiot.

and he didnt fail. you failed, at life, as a human being, commit suicide....NOW

well go...what are you waiting for...pull the effin trigger!....bub smokin'

capt it up

I will make it easier for you, US agent hitting logan will do far less damage then logan hitting US agent. Why you may ask? 3 foot logan claws is one reason.

even with out the claws. US agant punches will due less damage to Logan then Logan punches will do to US agent

This is actaully what I said word for word taken from another thread

Martian_mind
So which one of you is constipated tonight? Cap or Kam cause...you know...they both seem to have PMS.

King KAM
Originally posted by Martian_mind
So which one of you is constipated tonight? Cap or Kam cause...you know...they both seem to have PMS. boy did i have a nasty reply for you....

capt it up

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
So which one of you is constipated tonight? Cap or Kam cause...you know...they both seem to have PMS.

That a pritty wrong impression of me. I hardly ever stoop to insults or get angery. I simply stated that what was said about me was inccorrect

King KAM

capt it up
Originally posted by King KAM
i dont have to insult you, its just so fun.

and still nothing shows wolverine in the 4,000 pound category, sorry.
punching a perosn under water an make them go 5 feet is well over 3500 of pressure. Now add in the fact the guy head wnet through solid concrete your looking at alleast 4000 pounds, but really it a lot greater then that.

elevator feet would also been around 2 tons range.

lifting a shark that big would take at least 1,100 pounds. throughing it over your head would take another 600 pounds and while in water and the way it was thrown your looking well over 3000 pounds of strength in order to complete this task.

also the reason no one respects you is the fact you insult others for pure fun.

bigbran
About the elevator...
to be in a class, you have to be able to lift the weight over your head, or actually lift it.
Wolverine only held up the elevator, did he not? It isn't as good as you make it out to be... impressive sure, but not really making him a 2 tonner.

I can hold up quite a bit of weight, but it doesn't make me in that class.

King KAM
punching a perosn under water an make them go 5 feet is well over 3500 of pressure. Now add in the fact the guy head wnet through solid concrete your looking at alleast 4000 pounds, but really it a lot greater then that.

lifting a shark that big would take at least 1,100 pounds. throughing it over your head would take another 600 pounds and while in water and the way it was thrown your looking well over 3000 pounds of strength in order to complete this task.

also the reason no one respects you is the fact you insult others for pure fun. this is a comic forum, i couldnt give a rats ass who respects me.
The shark feat is null-n void, because he didnt lift the shark he swung him, and the shark was 1100 pounds tops, nowhere near 4,000 pounds.

He didnt press the elevator so that also isnt 4,000 pounds.

And him punching people underwater and all that jazz, well comic book heroes tend to punch hard, batman, and cap do similar things all the time.

any more feats?

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
About the elevator...
to be in a class, you have to be able to lift the weight over your head, or actually lift it.
Wolverine only held up the elevator, did he not? It isn't as good as you make it out to be... impressive sure, but not really making him a 2 tonner.

I can hold up quite a bit of weight, but it doesn't make me in that class.
LOl hold the wait with a curfed arm while holding the rets of your weight on a wire is not impressive? Please I love to see you do that. Lets see you hold on to a wire while in mid air then hold your max in your other hand.

King KAM
LOl hold the wait with a curfed arm while holding the rets of your weight on a wire is not impressive? Please I love to see you do that. Lets see you hold on to a wire while in mid air then hold your max in your other hand. big bran will get right on that, as soon as he gets a healing factor and unbreakable skeleton.

bigbran
LOl hold the wait with a curfed arm while holding the rets of your weight on a wire is not impressive? Please I love to see you do that. Lets see you hold on to a wire while in mid air then hold your max in your other hand. Read my post.
I said it was impressive.

I never said I could hold an elevator, I said I could hold a lot of weight, but that doesn't mean I could lift it, or put me at that range.

Also, Wolverine is stronger than anyone on this planet ('cept Bigfoot, but he is kind of an animal anyway shifty )so, what are you trying to get at?
He may be able to do that, but it still doesn't equal 2 tons.

big bran will get right on that, as soon as he gets a healing factor and unbreakable skeleton. laughing

capt it up

bigbran
Niether have done this. You need to lift at least 2 tons for this feta if not more.
Batman KO'ed Hulk underwater... shifty

capt it up

King KAM

bigbran

capt it up
you said it yourself, technically wolverine COULDNT do this physically its impossible. so you yourself see now that when trying to u logic this feat falls to pieces.

Again to bad comic logic and real life logic are to different things. WE use real life logic every single hero is unusable in a debate ecpt perhaps punisher and hawk eye and even them are up for debate.

So ya your whole logic thing holds not bonds ina comic book debate so nice try, but the feat stands.

your right neither have done that....you need to lift atleast 4000pounds to do something like that....says who????says what??? thats sounds like a really big OPINION.
Really how about you do the math then. Any one can see lifting some thing over your head in water is extremely hard many tiems harder then doing it on land. Also any one can see holding a wire in one arm and while dangling hold 200 pounds for example is much harder then benching 200 pounds.

you know what would put him in the 2ton range? him actually lifting something that weighs 2tons....
Every single one of the feats I put down would equal the 2 ton range. You can deny it all you want, but there just as impressive if not more so that benching 4000 pounds

capt it up

Ya, maybe I did...
Yes you did.

I also bet you, that I can't bench 200 pounds...
lol

It would be easier if I had unbreakable bones, don't you think? Along with a healing factor that would heal my torn muscles really fast.
No you could not since regardless if you could heal your muscle would still just rip right off.

Basically, I couldn't do it, but with adamantium claws and a healing factor, I might be able to do my max like that.
Naw you still could not .

King KAM
Again to bad comic logic and real life logic are to different things. WE use real life logic every single hero is unusable in a debate ecpt perhaps punisher and hawk eye and even them are up for debate.

So ya your whole logic thing holds not bonds ina comic book debate so nice try, but the feat stands.

your right neither have done that....you need to lift atleast 4000pounds to do something like that....says who????says what??? thats sounds like a really big OPINION.
Really how about you do the math then. Any one can see lifting some thing over your head in water is extremely hard many tiems harder then doing it on land. Also any one can see holding a wire in one arm and while dangling hold 200 pounds for example is much harder then benching 200 pounds.

Every single one of the feats I put down would equal the 2 ton range. You can deny it all you want, but there just as impressive if not more so that benching 4000 pounds im not denying anything. he has never lifter 4000 pounds over his head, which makes him not in 2ton class

capt it up
im not denying anything. he has never lifter 4000 pounds over his head, which makes him not in 2ton class
No he ahs feats that would take at least 2 tons of lifitng strength to do so yes he is a 2 tonner.

but ya keep dennying it all

Howard_Jones
Logan punche dyou and you would die.

Doubtful. Logan's punches aren't exactly something to be scared of. It's what's behind the knuckles.

Also, saying that USAgents punches wouldn't affect Wolverine is just crap. Blows from street levelers affect him, so a class 10+ fist is gonna hurt.

Hell, I know this pisses you off to no end.

King KAM
im not denying anything. he has never lifter 4000 pounds over his head, which makes him not in 2ton class
No he ahs feats that would take at least 2 tons of lifitng strength to do so yes he is a 2 tonner.

but ya keep dennying it all 2tons of force, and being in the 2ton class are completley different.

bigbran
Yes you did. Point? I admitted my mistake.
I thought you were telling me to lift an elevator...

lol What, it's true...

No you could not since regardless if you could heal your muscle would still just rip right off. Muscles don't rip off like that in comics. Also, it would probably be healing, and healing, to cancel each other out. Or one might gain the advantage. The muscle being torn, and the healing that is.

Naw you still could not . In a comic, yes, I probably could.

Howard_Jones
When has Wolverine lifted two tons of weight?

capt it up
I gotta go I have to pick a friend up at the air port.

So no kam I not ignoring your post as you love to say.

All I needed was to have metal max come on and I have pritty much the worst people to have on while defending wolverine.

bigbran
When has Wolverine lifted two tons of weight? laughing
Here we go...

King KAM
I gotta go I have to pick a friend up at the air port.

So no kam I not ignoring your post as you love to say.

All I needed was to have metal max come on and I have pritty much the worst people to have on while defending wolverine. WHAT?! i LOVE WOLVERINE...i read both of his books, and enjoy them very much so.... i just dont agree with alot of the things some wolverine fans say.

and metal man thinks bishop is a better h2h fighter than cap...

King KAM
When has Wolverine lifted two tons of weight? my thoughts exactly.

Howard_Jones
I've seen Wolverine lift half a ton, so maybe he's a 1 tonner on a good day, but two tons isn't happening.

grey fox
If the Canuk was a 2 tonner wouldn't he be able to at-lest throw himself out of the way of that Road-Roller ?

Metalmanx
LOl hold the wait with a curfed arm while holding the rets of your weight on a wire is not impressive? Please I love to see you do that. Lets see you hold on to a wire while in mid air then hold your max in your other hand.

Unbreakable skeleton. Strong grip. Healing factor to keep him from tiring.

Those are all you need to do what Wolverine did with the elevator.

Metalmanx
Hell, I know this pisses you off to no end.

That was one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Metalmanx
All I needed was to have metal max come on and I have pritty much the worst people to have on while defending wolverine.

Yep. That's me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

and metal man thinks bishop is a better h2h fighter than cap...

I already talked to you about this one, yet you seem to love bringing it back up. This was before I started to get into Captain America. But that was sometime last year. Since then, I've been very well-informed on Cap.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by grey fox
If the Canuk was a 2 tonner wouldn't he be able to at-lest throw himself out of the way of that Road-Roller ?

That's along the lines of what I'm thinking. Then again, getting your balls blown off can leave you hurting for a bit.

srankmissingnin
An average great white shark weighs around 2,000lbs (they can get up to twice that so I'm being conservative). Wolverine wrestled and over powered one under water then then swung the 2,000lbs dead weight from water level unto the deck of a boat... with no leverage at all. That is significantly more impressive then benching 2,000lbs... and much harder to do. I'd say Wolverine is easily in the two ton range, some of the things he has done would suggest in the order of 5-10 tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.