Resort Pirate Packages-for Movie Premiere!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
Hey for those of you who would like to purchase a weekend pirate theme vaca including the MIDNIGHT viewing of AWE on MAY 25th....sounds awsome but i believe it's only in ORLANDO, FL!

From the Orlando Sentinel
Resort packages: A slice of 'Pirates' life to tie in with 3rd movie release in May
Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted December 27, 2006
Fans of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies will get a chance to celebrate the May release of the third film at Walt Disney World by purchasing pirates-themed resort packages costing between $199 and $2,350 per person.

The Pirates of the Caribbean Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon promotional weekend will be held at Disney's Contemporary Resort, May 22-25. The activities will culminate in a midnight showing of the new movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, on the film's general opening day, May 25. The screening at Pleasure Island AMC Theater, however, won't be the movie's world premiere, the Disney World Web site disneygallery.com notes.

Three packages carry price tags of $199, $700 and $2,350 per person. All include the midnight movie, pirate-themed meals, entertainment, seminars with special guests, commemorative merchandise, and admission to an auction. The top two packages add stays in the Contemporary and other activities. With the $2,350 deal, people get three nights in the Contemporary's concierge level and additional activities such as a themed voyage on Disney's 7 Seas Lagoon.

Disney posted notice of the deals on the Web site last week and confirmed the plans Tuesday. The company intends to start taking reservations Jan. 11, and will limit availability of all three packages.

Disney World frequently organizes themed weekends at particular hotel resorts, though rarely for movie releases, said Charles Stovall, a Disney World spokesman. This will be the first such weekend resort package tied to the Pirates movies.

The movie franchise starring Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush was based on the venerable Disney ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, which opened in California's Disneyland in 1967 and at Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 1973. Last year, in anticipation of the second movie's release, Disney updated the rides with fresh technology and the addition of two characters from the movies, Depp's Capt. Jack Sparrow and Rush's Capt. Barbossa.

The first two movies were big successes for Walt Disney Pictures. According to the Web site boxofficemojo.com, the first movie, The Curse of the Black Pearl, released in 2003, grossed $654 million worldwide. The second, Dead Man's Chest, released last summer, took in $1.07 billion, making it the third-highest grossing movie in history, according to boxofficemojo, a widely cited source for movie ticket sales information.

SarahB
wow..i wud sure like 2 go..but unfortunately i cntsad sounds gd thosmile r u plainning to go?

Mistypirate
OMG I'm so excited, I hope I get to see JD in person. Happy Dance I love Orlando FL

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
OMG I'm so excited, I hope I get to see JD in person. Happy Dance I love Orlando FL

but it's not the premiere....its just the midnight viewing on May 25!

Mistypirate
sad *sights* I still have high hopes that the premiere will be in Orlando

Gravitation
*looks around* *sneaks off to Florida*

Mistypirate
LOL laughing out loud

Gravitation
*sneaks back* Anyone coming or is it just me?

Mistypirate
Im already in Fl smile I'll see you here.

Gravitation
I'll be at Sea World!

Mistypirate
LOL OK I'll meet you at the Shamu show big grin

Gravitation
Ok. Meet ya there.

aelizabeth
OH NO!!! I just realized, when Pirates 3 comes out, I'm going to be in New York with my choir! (omg i sound like such a nerd. yay cool ) If we're preforming that night I'm not going to get to see it! My director might not even let me leave the stupid hotel!I might not get to see the movie until like, a bajillion days after!! NOO! *cries*sad

Mistypirate
Sneak out evil face Thats what I would do. big grin

aelizabeth
I WILL FIND A WAY!! I've got to, or there goes my sanity.

siriuswriter
*drools*

jackismyboo
*gets bitten from mysterious red and blue spider and webs my way to orlando florida* lol

Chiki Mina
problem is $$$ sad

a-k-a-amber
i want to go but my family goes to d-world once every two years and we went last year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.