Looping in and out and disconnecting oneself from The Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sexyback
Could someone please elaborate on this whole issue?

Blue_Hefner
I have no idea how it would work but it has to be the worst idea introduced.

Gideon
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I have no idea how it would work but it has to be the worst idea introduced.

Right along with draining planets, destroying the Force, midichlorians, Force Storms, 'emerald lightning', blasts that can destroy temples, amulet blasts, and technology that allows Sith Lords to rip cores from suns.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
Right along with draining planets, destroying the Force, midichlorians, Force Storms, 'emerald lightning', blasts that can destroy temples, amulet blasts, and technology that allows Sith Lords to rip cores from suns.
Exactly!

EU has ruined Star Wars badly with some very stupid ideas being implemented in it by some idiots.

Here are a few worst examples:

A single person draining an entire world and yet was worse then a youngling in a combat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wound in the Force. WTF? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emerald Lightning. What is next? Diamond Lightning? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Destroying a Star with a Ship? WOW! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Looping in and out of Force! Yeah right! Why the hell Jedi even need the Force in future! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Chosen One is far left behind in terms of power now. He is more like a Weakened One now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Instakill - My @ss! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whats left? Destroying the entire Galaxy in a single strike! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
Indeed, the Force in the movies is USUALLY a subtle thing. Sure, there's lightning and throwing people around, but do you see the Jedi doing that constantly and on whim? No.

I don't see them ripping cores from suns, either...

Tangible God
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Exactly!

EU has ruined Star Wars badly with some very stupid ideas being implemented in it by some idiots.

Here are a few worst examples:

A single person draining an entire world and yet was worse then a youngling in a combat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wound in the Force. WTF? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Destroying a Star with a Ship? WOW! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Looping in and out of Force! Yeah right! Why the hell Jedi even need the Force in future! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Chosen One is far left behind in terms of power now. He is more like a Weakened One now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Instakill - My @ss! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whats left? Destroying the entire Galaxy in a single strike! roll eyes (sarcastic) A single thought more like. And it'll be done by Jacen in an alternate reality that was brought about by Waru's cousin and Palpatine's uncle (Ragnos).

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

That didn't seem like a bad idea to me, but I guess I like unusual stuff.

starwarsfreak34
For god's sake - stop living in the 70s! those who dis the EU are a bunch of bores. THINGS CHANGE, ROLE WITH THEM! of COURSE GL couldn't possibly think up of all these to use in the films - the limitations were just not possible, and they weren't crucial to HIS story. Personally i prefer this to all the superweapon crap - i mean, come on, we've had:

Death Star I, II and Dark Saber (prototype)
Star Forge
Sun Crusher
Centerpoint Station
Galaxy Sun (i think thats what it was called.)
World Devestators.

What next? A portable black hole capable of swallowing planets whole without harm to the user?

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
For god's sake - stop living in the 70s! those who dis the EU are a bunch of bores. THINGS CHANGE, ROLE WITH THEM! of COURSE GL couldn't possibly think up of all these to use in the films - the limitations were just not possible, and they weren't crucial to HIS story. Personally i prefer this to all the superweapon crap - i mean, come on, we've had:

Death Star I, II and Dark Saber (prototype)
Star Forge
Sun Crusher
Centerpoint Station
Galaxy Sun (i think thats what it was called.)
World Devestators.

What next? A portable black hole capable of swallowing planets whole without harm to the user?

No, to your entire post.

Captain REX
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
No, to your entire post.

For serious. That was painful to read, not to mention ridiculous...

Darth_Glentract
What the hell is up with the EU hate in the EU forum! I agree with starwarsfreak34 (although the Darksaber was not the prototype, it was a superweapon created by the Hutts). And it was the Galaxy Gun, not Sun. Plus you left off the Nightcloak, Eclipse's, and the Eye of Palpatine.

Tangible God
I agree with him also, and he also forgot the Tarkin.

Captain REX
It was the superweapon thing I was responding to. It was the start of his post...

Ushgarak
If the EU stops pumping out lazy crap people will stop hating it.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
What the hell is up with the EU hate in the EU forum! I agree with starwarsfreak34 (although the Darksaber was not the prototype, it was a superweapon created by the Hutts). And it was the Galaxy Gun, not Sun. Plus you left off the Nightcloak, Eclipse's, and the Eye of Palpatine.

yes, i forgot about those. <and ooops! lol> i got carried away i think. the Nightcloak was the one i was trying to think of when i was looking back at the young jedi knights books but i couldn't for the life of me think what it was calledd!

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
yes, i forgot about those. <and ooops! lol> i got carried away i think. the Nightcloak was the one i was trying to think of when i was looking back at the young jedi knights books but i couldn't for the life of me think what it was calledd!

when i said the protoype i couldn't think of how to word it. they just used the skeleton of the superweapon itself, didn't they. the laser part - thats what i was thinking of because it reminded me of the one seen in Jedi Academy trilogy in the Maw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.