Superman(Superman Returns) vs Movie Hulk,Movie Thing & Movie Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins?No BFR

Howard_Jones
Superman if he stays out of the range of Hulk's fist.

Galan007
Movie Supes easily takes this

Validus
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Movie Hulk isn't messing with SR Superman.

batdude123

It's so funny that you think a tank masher could beat a continent lifter in a fist fight!!! eek!

Superboy Prime
I made a thread during the summer that pitted Supes against every single hero/villain portrayed in comic films and not even their combined might could come close to phase Supes...these 3 stand no chance.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by batdude123
It's so funny that you think a tank masher could beat a continent lifter in a fist fight!!! eek!

Isn't superman returns a direct sequel to superman 1 and 2...the same movie where superman flew around the earth SO FAST everything went back in time!?

Movie Supes= a monster

oh, offtopic, did anyone see the donner cut of superman II? SOOOOOOOOO much better

Galan007
It's so funny that you think a tank masher could beat a continent lifter in a fist fight!!! eek! But Hulk threw that tank really, really far!

stick out tongue

Badabing
That small island wasn't quite a continent. But movie Supes has the most impressive strength and durability feats.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Validus
Movie Hulk isn't messing with SR Superman.

He wasn't that fast. no expression

It was said his strength was unlimited. The only problems he had lifting anything was because of grip.

One thing to add: Hulk wasn't exactly a slouch in strength either. He was leaping across the US with little effort, and was completely calm.

breeze85
laughing

Superman could just sit there unharmed and drink his morning coffee while the team tries to slug him down. When he gets bored he could pimp slap them all over the place.

masterbruce
Movie Supes was inconsistent as hell. He had trouble lifting the plane.

batdude123
Originally posted by masterbruce
Movie Supes was inconsistent as hell. He had trouble lifting the plane.

Not really. He basically only had trouble 'cause he pulled off the wing of the plane...

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
That small island wasn't quite a continent. But movie Supes has the most impressive strength and durability feats.

I realize it wasn't Asia or anything like that, but on the maps it was quite large. Bryan Singer stated that in order to show Superman actually lifting the land mass w/ him actually in the shot, he had to reduce the size of the continent smaller than it actually was. erm That, plus the goddamn thing was laced with freakin' kryptonite...

Still though, in one of the other movies, didn't Superman push the moon around?

Movie Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>These guys. I don't even know why the laughing stock (Thing) is even in this fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by masterbruce
Movie Supes was inconsistent as hell. He had trouble lifting the plane. If I remember correctly, Hulk wasn't even able to bring down a fighter jet before he passed out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supes actually stopped a damn out of control airplane pretty easily.

batdude123

no expression

This is the same Superman that flew around the Earth so fast it turned back time.

It was said his strength was unlimited. The only problems he had lifting anything was because of grip.

It wasn't shown though. He struggled a lot with objects that movie Superman could destroy w/ his pinky.

You think Superman had good leverage when he was moving a land mass that was laced w/ KRYPTONITE? no expression

One thing to add: Hulk wasn't exactly a slouch in strength either. He was leaping across the US with little effort, and was completely calm.

AT BEST he was moving a few miles per leap.

Badabing
Movie Supes is more of the boyscout than his other incarnations so I don't see him burning Hulk with heat vision and I don't remember him using super speed in any of his battles. Movie Supes has also seemed a bit more vulnerable to physical attacks as seen in Superman II. Anyway, Superman has higher feats of strength and durability. The movie version lifted the San Andreas Fault and Batdude's continent stick out tongue. His durability feats include tunneling through the super heated Earth to stop the earthquake and flying through the exploding gas line to stop a gas explosion.

batdude123
Movie Supes has also seemed a bit more vulnerable to physical attacks as seen in Superman II.

confused

That's because he was fighting three other Kryptonians. no expression

Validus

Speed was not the reason I made that comment.

Badabing
confused

That's because he was fighting three other Kryptonians. no expression
This is what I think of the straight face!
http://www.cloakanddagger.de/media/images/MIDDLE%20FINGER/MIDDLE-FINGER-CLICK.jpg
stick out tongue
In the second movie he seem a bit hurt from stopping that bus where it pushed him into the truck. How about in the 3rd movie when he was fighting that goofy robot? laughing

Howard_Jones
No, but the main reason behind any Hulk vs Supes argument is speed. That's just the first thing that popped into my brain.

Superboy Prime
The 3rd movie was erased from the canon, and it would help to consider the bus was thrown by 2 kryptonians with equal strength.

Howard_Jones
Still shouldn't have hurt him that much. The Bus should have folded before him.

Badabing
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The 3rd movie was erased from the canon, and it would help to consider the bus was thrown by 2 kryptonians with equal strength.
Hence the laugh.

Superboy Prime

True. In my opinion all Supes did was fake it in order to make them chase after him. He probably figured out slugging it out with them would just incease civilian casualties.

batdude123

It was a ruse in order for them to follow him to the fortress.

Evangel94
Superman Returns "Superman" didn't even throw a single punch in the movie. erm

Badabing
It was a ruse in order for them to follow him to the fortress.
He was hurt.

batdude123
Originally posted by Evangel94

It's in continuity w/ Superman 1 & 2...

batdude123
He was hurt.

Why? 'Cause nobody saw him for a little bit?

His other feats of durability flat out contradict what you're implying.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Evangel94

Who the **** was he supposed to punch?

batdude123

laughing out loud

Badabing
Either that little dog or Richard White.
Why? 'Cause nobody saw him for a little bit?

His other feats of durability flat out contradict what you're implying.
Listen, I'm just going by what was shown in the movie so I'm not implying anything. If you have info that shows he wasn't hurt then I'll reconsider. I've already said Supes wins this due to his higher durability and strength feats shown.

Newjak
Who the **** was he supposed to punch? Lex Luther threw a punch first stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Newjak
Lex Luther threw a punch first stick out tongue

Yeah...but you just don't touch a bald Kevin Spacey. Kal-El thought about it and then got WTF owned.

batdude123
Listen, I'm just going by what was shown in the movie so I'm not implying anything. If you have info that shows he wasn't hurt then I'll reconsider. I've already said Supes wins this due to his higher durability and strength feats shown.

Nothing was shown that he was hurt from that bus, either. After that, he flew to the fortress of solitude to lure Zod and the other two with him, because they thought he was fleeing.... as in, they thought he was a coward. So naturally, they were gonna go after him.

All I was trying to say is that his other durability feats contradict him being able to get hurt by a bus (although it WAS thrown by a Kryptonian).

Oh, and:

no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

stick out tongue

Galan007
Who the **** was he supposed to punch? He needed to punch that kid of his...

for some reason that little f*cker bugged the shit out of me.

no expression

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Galan007
He needed to punch that kid of his...

for some reason that little f*cker bugged the shit out of me.

no expression

I ****ing hated the kid. I hope Luthor kidnaps, sodomizes and then slaughters him in front of Kal-El.

Newjak
Yeah...but you just don't touch a bald Kevin Spacey. Kal-El thought about it and then got WTF owned. That is true the bald head probably just blinded him from being able to do anything

Galan007
I ****ing hated the kid. I hope Luthor kidnaps, sodomizes and then slaughters him in front of Kal-El. eek!

sick

K3VIL
Superman.He lifted a kryptonite containing continent.
Hulk in the movie was a mid/low level Class 100 being.And his strength didn't growed that fast.His durability and size were the stats mostly enhanced.A military tank weights around 70 tons let's say and he threwed it nearly a mile away and then smacked another one pretty bad, and also he could effortlessy move through brick, concrete and streets but that's it.Durability wise he took a gamma bomb blast and is still alive.He'll give Supes a fight and with 5 good minutes of rage he may become a threat, but that would mean Supes is jobbing.
Juggy in the movie is, unlucky for him, a shadow of what he is.Let's say an average Class 30 able to smash the reinforced walls of Alcatraz, great durability and good ground speed, and decent leaping, end of chapter.Thing got hard time with Doom who's not even a full power version of what he's gonna be in the second movie.
I hope Marvel brings in a Thor movie, cause I wanna see a superstrength fight tearing apart whole city blocks and skyscrapers and not just some car throwings and good punches through walls.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
No, but the main reason behind any Hulk vs Supes argument is speed. That's just the first thing that popped into my brain.

Actually there are several reasons, all of which can be wrapped into one encapsulated bubble .....namely that Superman is an omni-dimensional character while the Hulk is largely one-dimensional.

HOWEVER, when it comes to the movie versions that is not even necessary .....it is such a total and utter mismatch that Superman could simply stand (not fly, not use any of his other powers or abilities, and simply decide to stay rooted to one spot) and still win.

Easily.

Here is why: The movie Superman is, in essence, Pre-Crisis Superman. His feat levels are at pre-crisis levels. He is actually one of the very few movie heroes (Blade is another, although in his case he was actually made BETTER than his comic version) that have not been de-powered when they made it to celluloid. The movie makers (from the first Superman movie to the current one) actually stuck with Pre-Crisis power levels.

However, the movie versions of the Hulk, the Thing, and the Juggernaut were all depowered to one extent or another (some more than others ....all depowered to rather sad levels).

Take the Hulk for example ....although they did try to show that the angrier he got the stronger (and larger) he got, the parameters they used were simply too low (and too slow). They made the guy into a mid-level street brawler type based on comic book baselines.

As for the movie Thing ....erm, no need to speak about him. Let it suffice to say he was pathetic (as usual, and I mean no insult to Thing fans).

As for the movie Juggernaut ....the main thing he was doing is running through walls.

However movie Superman was doing pre-Crisis level feats. Even if we ignore the first few movies (which shouldn't be ignored by the way, since the current Superman movie was a continuation of those ones and the character adhered to established premise) and simply concentrate on the current movie, it can be seen that some of the things Superman does are simply on a different level than ANY of the movie versions.

To be honest those feats are even higher than most comic book feats. Which is a lot for a movie version.

What are you left with?

A team, comprised of weakened individuals, going against what is basically Pre-Crisis Superman.

It doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to know how that match will turn out!

p.s: Someone (I don't know if it was you) was saying that the Hulk was jumping 'across the American continent.' That is totally funny .....the longest jump was a few miles at most. Goodness, they were tracking his movements with Comanche attack-helicopters! And the general was following him in a Blackhawk helicopter. IF he was jumping 'across the continent' they wouldn't have been able to triangulate on him even with satellite tracking. Goodness, even if he was jumping across a FIFTH of a state (even a small state) they couldn't have kept up with him in a SR-71 Blackbird! The guy was simply jumping a few miles at most.
As for jumping ...movie Superman, as a boy, was doing that whole jumping thing quite well as well.

Badabing
Yeah, the movie version of Thing had me disappointed. Movie Superman has the feats to back up a win in both strength and durability.

I thought Spidey was close to his comic book form though in terms of speed and strength.

Soljer
Yeah, the movie version of Thing had me disappointed. Movie Superman has the feats to back up a win in both strength and durability.

I thought Spidey was close to his comic book form though in terms of speed and strength.

Strength, definitely. Speed? Not so much. Goblin owned him a couple times in hand to hand combat, which usually didn't happen in the Comic. For the most part, comic Spidey only had trouble with the Goblin ON The glider.

spetznaz

Yep ...I had actually forgotten Spiderman. They did an amazing job with the Spiderman movies (I especially loved the first one). They did a very very very good job! Not only was it a nice comic book movie, but it was also a nice movie (there is a difference). And bringing comic book traits out so well on celluloid was amazing.

Oh ...have you watched the Spiderman movie that came out in the 80s. Absolutely hilarious when compared to the current versions (it shows just how far movie creation has come). I think there are still copies floating about out there. When it came out it was amazing .....however when you compare it to any of the current versions it just seems so bloody campy!

golem370
Well Superman Returns he had to use the ship to fly in outer space. He acted like a ***** when he was weakend by the krypotnite crawling away from Luthor and his lackeys

K3VIL
Originally posted by Soljer
Strength, definitely. Speed? Not so much. Goblin owned him a couple times in hand to hand combat, which usually didn't happen in the Comic. For the most part, comic Spidey only had trouble with the Goblin ON The glider.
Wrong.
Check Harry's last battle with Peter.
They were even.Like two boxers who gaved all they had, until Pete was knocked out and Harry saved both him and MJ from the bomb he placed in the building.

golem370
Spider-Man was holding back where Norman was crazy like Venom. It would be like Spider-Man when he first got his abilites against Venom when he first got his.

superkronick92
first of all these guys don't have nearly enough power to harm movie supes. secondly, supes didn't have trouble lifting the plane, he had trouble easing it up with all the inertia it picked up, he could have just stood still and catch the plane head on but that would have crushed the plane and everyone in it.

batdude123
Originally posted by golem370
Well Superman Returns he had to use the ship to fly in outer space. He acted like a ***** when he was weakend by the krypotnite crawling away from Luthor and his lackeys

... and?

Superboy Prime
... and?

...and he acted like a ***** DAMN IT!

MattDay
it was supposed to be an emotional scene, most of us people who have been beaten into submission by bullies can sympathize with that scene totally

Soljer
Movie Superman still has insane pre-crisis feats. Superman returns picks up after Superman 2, right? Or is it after three? I can't recall.

Regardless. Movie superman stomps this trio.

Also, as far as Spiderman going toe to toe with a goblin, unless the Goblin has some outside advantage, Peter normally wins in a straight-up, knock-down, drag-out fight.

Notice the modifiers. Normally. Usually. Citing one instance against the many doesn't mean much.

Superboy Prime
Picks up after Superman 2.

Wally West
Superman destroys these guys.

Kurash
Originally posted by spetznaz
Yep ...I had actually forgotten Spiderman. They did an amazing job with the Spiderman movies (I especially loved the first one). They did a very very very good job! Not only was it a nice comic book movie, but it was also a nice movie (there is a difference). And bringing comic book traits out so well on celluloid was amazing.

Oh ...have you watched the Spiderman movie that came out in the 80s. Absolutely hilarious when compared to the current versions (it shows just how far movie creation has come). I think there are still copies floating about out there. When it came out it was amazing .....however when you compare it to any of the current versions it just seems so bloody campy!

The first spider-man movie is good until the scene with macey gray singing. After that the movie is not good, the Green Goblin looks stupid, theres no real villainous plot like in other good superhero movies (spider-man 2, batman begins), and the dialog was awful. Oh and Superman owns these 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.