Surtur w/Casket of Ancient Winters vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
Does Surtur win

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
Does Surtur win

bump

Thanos_THOTU
No, he's in Odin's division.

Tyrant, depowered however would be nice to see.

Scoobless
I always thought Odin > Tyrant .... no?

no expression

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
I always thought Odin > Tyrant .... no?

no expression

who knows.

anyway, the casket's power SURPASSED odin. it would be interesting to see something like that brought out against a cosmic. it IS magical, so who knows what kind of havoc it could wreak . . .

celestialdemon
I would say Surtur normally is around Tyrant's level. With the Casket, he would surpass Tyrant. He wins.

Nikkolas
The hell? He easily handled Surfer and a load of other heroes with no effort. He was IGNORING Surfer attacking him while he took out Gladiator. SS has had his tail whipped by Thanos before and we clearly saw, by Thanos' own admission nonetheless, that Tyrant > Thanos by a few levels.

Tyrant, even lacking most of his power, makes Heralds look like chumps.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Nikkolas
The hell? He easily handled Surfer and a load of other heroes with no effort. He was IGNORING Surfer attacking him while he took out Gladiator. SS has had his tail whipped by Thanos before and we clearly saw, by Thanos' own admission nonetheless, that Tyrant > Thanos by a few levels.

Tyrant, even lacking most of his power, makes Heralds look like chumps.

And this means what? Surfer's attacks didn't do anything to Odin either and Thanos was able to harm Tyrant more than he did Odin. Surtur without the casket is about equal to Odin. With it, he is a lot stronger than him.

And before anyone gets started, I'm not turning this into a Tyrant vs. Odin thread. Already had one of those. I'm just saying that Odin and Tyrant have similar showings against the same beings.

guy222
Originally posted by celestialdemon
And this means what? Surfer's attacks didn't do anything to Odin either and Thanos was able to harm Tyrant more than he did Odin. Surtur without the casket is about equal to Odin. With it, he is a lot stronger than him.

And before anyone gets started, I'm not turning this into a Tyrant vs. Odin thread. Already had one of those. I'm just saying that Odin and Tyrant have similar showings against the same beings.

Surtur yes

Utrigita

Remember that Thanos was powered by one of tyrants orbs and that helped him greatly in there fight. THAT was the reason that Tyrant was hurt more then Odin in the fight with Thanos. Another thing is that Thanos after his battle with either of them looked good.

llagrok
It's true that Tyrant might be slightly above Odin's level, but so is Surtur with the Casket.

Utrigita
We doesn't know for sure how Tyrant rivals in comparison with Odin yet they both kindof beat Thanos up, He question is how good is Tyrant resistent to magic, personnally I BELIEVE it to bed higher then Galactus also it should be noted that only the most powerful magical attacks works on Galactus so the same probably goes for Tyrant.

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
We doesn't know for sure how Tyrant rivals in comparison with Odin yet they both kindof beat Thanos up, He question is how good is Tyrant resistent to magic, personnally I BELIEVE it to bed higher then Galactus also it should be noted that only the most powerful magical attacks works on Galactus so the same probably goes for Tyrant.

Casket is badass

celestialdemon
Remember that Thanos was powered by one of tyrants orbs and that helped him greatly in there fight. THAT was the reason that Tyrant was hurt more then Odin in the fight with Thanos. Another thing is that Thanos after his battle with either of them looked good.

The problem I have with this is we don't know how much the orb powered Thanos up if at all. Seems kind of pointless for Thanos to want to test his might against Tyrant if he was going to be using a powerup. Also, Thanos only used to orb for one blast. Other than that, he was physically hitting Tyrant with it. So, the orb didn't help him that much.

Bentley
There is no straight comparison between Tyrant and Odin so its hard to say. FP Tyrant wins, regular one, who knows.

guy222
Originally posted by Bentley
There is no straight comparison between Tyrant and Odin so its hard to say. FP Tyrant wins, regular one, who knows.

Surtur with the Casket. Tyrant goes down

Soljer
Wait, which fight came first, the Tyrant fight or the Odin fight?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Soljer
Wait, which fight came first, the Tyrant fight or the Odin fight?

Odin

Utrigita
The problem I have with this is we don't know how much the orb powered Thanos up if at all. Seems kind of pointless for Thanos to want to test his might against Tyrant if he was going to be using a powerup. Also, Thanos only used to orb for one blast. Other than that, he was physically hitting Tyrant with it. So, the orb didn't help him that much.

The way I understand it was that it increased his powerlevels to some very seriously levels.

One blast yes but never the less one blast that nearly brought down Tyrant after having seen 4 powerfull herald level beings getting there asses kicked without hurting him the slightest.

That is the reason he gives, yes but is Thanos really this way? no he was investigating tyrants baggrund and If he wanted to test his abilities why would he use it??? He must have felt some need for it and those hit he landed also hurt Tyrant quiete good remove that orb and Thanos wouldn't have been fared to well.

celestialdemon
The way I understand it was that it increased his powerlevels to some very seriously levels.

Nowhere does it say it increased his power levels at all, much less an amount of increase. If it's stated anywhere in any comic, I haven't seen it.

One blast yes but never the less one blast that nearly brought down Tyrant after having seen 4 powerfull herald level beings getting there asses kicked without hurting him the slightest.

It didn't nearly bring him down. It hurt him, but he didn't fall or even stagger. And Tyrant was hurt once in that fight, when Ganymede struck him in the back of the head.

That is the reason he gives, yes but is Thanos really this way? no he was investigating tyrants baggrund and If he wanted to test his abilities why would he use it??? He must have felt some need for it and those hit he landed also hurt Tyrant quiete good remove that orb and Thanos wouldn't have been fared to well.

We don't know how he would have faired without the orb, because we don't know how much it powered him up if any. Thanos summed it up pretty well when he said he was going to try to steal the orb and Tyrant was going to try and stop him. After the battle, he just teleported away. If he could have left at any time, it would seem pointless to go through the battle at all unless it was to test himself against Tyrant.

Board Walker
Should do ymir with the Casket Vs. Surtur with Twilight.

Utrigita
Nowhere does it say it increased his power levels at all, much less an amount of increase. If it's stated anywhere in any comic, I haven't seen it.

It didn't nearly bring him down. It hurt him, but he didn't fall or even stagger. And Tyrant was hurt once in that fight, when Ganymede struck him in the back of the head.

We don't know how he would have faired without the orb, because we don't know how much it powered him up if any. Thanos summed it up pretty well when he said he was going to try to steal the orb and Tyrant was going to try and stop him. After the battle, he just teleported away. If he could have left at any time, it would seem pointless to go through the battle at all unless it was to test himself against Tyrant.

It is just the way I see and you still didn't give me a reason for then why he needed it.

Once in a fight with Silver Surfer Blasting him constantly Beta Ray Bills attacks and Gladiator and last one attacked him from behind hurra that hurt him but I believe what he did against her hurt even more.

Again then why he hell would he need it if it didn't give some kind of advantage I say again I speculate that it possibly increased his powerlevels, and he sendt in the 6 others Morg, Terrax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Ganymede that was when he stealed it, now if he was looking for a fight and a test then why didn't he just confront him head on ??? fairly simple answear he didn't have the power ore didn't what to take the risk and then decided to get some help in form of the funny little orb.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Board Walker

sounds good do that

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker

sounds good, bw smile

celestialdemon
It is just the way I see and you still didn't give me a reason for then why he needed it.

Once in a fight with Silver Surfer Blasting him constantly Beta Ray Bills attacks and Gladiator and last one attacked him from behind hurra that hurt him but I believe what he did against her hurt even more.

Again then why he hell would he need it if it didn't give some kind of advantage I say again I speculate that it possibly increased his powerlevels, and he sendt in the 6 others Morg, Terrax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Ganymede that was when he stealed it, now if he was looking for a fight and a test then why didn't he just confront him head on ??? fairly simple answear he didn't have the power ore didn't what to take the risk and then decided to get some help in form of the funny little orb.

If this is your opinion, that's fine. I'm just letting you know that nowhere is it stated by him, Tyrant, or the writer that the orb increased his power in any way.

You can also take the other side of the argument by saying why did Thanos even fight him in the first place if he could just teleport away? He didn't have to confront Tyrant. He could have just taken the orb, told Tyrant he had it, and disappeared. But he chose to stand there and fight, and he chose to do it without Ganymede's help.

guy222
bumprav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.