Pre-crisis Superman with the Sword of Superman vs Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
Who wins?

Galan007
PC Superman didn't do anything overly impressive with the sword.

IF Supes would have merged with it, he would have become one with the entire universe, but he and the sword never did completely merge.

So.....

Thanos /w/ IG
10/10

lionking
thanos would win even if you had superman prime and superman 1 million as well as all the the other supermen. this is not even a fight

doctorstrongbad
What is the sword of Superman? Do you have a link for it?

Thanos is the man + IG = he wins 10/10

Galan007
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
What is the sword of Superman? Do you have a link for it?

Thanos is the man + IG = he wins 10/10 I compiled the sword of Superman scans that ammounted to anything into my respect thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/429760_5-respect-all-star-pc-superman

They begin near the middle of the page.

Endless Mike
It seems to me that if he had merged with the sword he would have become around Eternity - level. Thanos w/IG beat Eternity, so he wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It seems to me that if he had merged with the sword he would have become around Eternity - level. Thanos w/IG beat Eternity, so he wins.

The DCU was a multiverse then. Multi-Eternity could give two shits abouts the IG. There is even more than one IG. I think he would have been more like Multi-Eternity.

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It seems to me that if he had merged with the sword he would have become around Eternity - level. Thanos w/IG beat Eternity, so he wins. Right, IF he would have merged with the sword he would be equal to Eternity.

The thing is though, Supes never did fully merge with the sword.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The DCU was a multiverse then. Multi-Eternity could give two shits abouts the IG. There is even more than one IG. I think he would have been more like Multi-Eternity. Nope, it specifically stated the IF Supes would have merged with the sword, he would have become one with HIS Universe:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6853/pc8sb0.th.gif

The sword was universal at best, and Supes did nothing too impressive with it.

Thanos 10/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
Nope, it specifically stated the IF Supes would have merged with the sword, he would have become one with HIS Universe.

The sword was universal, and Supes did nothing too impressive with it.

Thanos 10/10

Well Wouldn't they be equal then? Eternity Specifially wanted the IG banned becuz the user would replace him. Not Multi-Eternity. Just him. The IG was never shown to be this Multiversal weapon able to control ALL realities. By the way, The sword of Superman is the most LAME thing ever to come out of DC comics besides rainbow raider.

Galan007
Well Wouldn't they be equal then? Eternity Specifially wanted the IG banned becuz the user would replace him. Not Multi-Eternity. Just him. The IG was never shown to be this Multiversal weapon able to control ALL realities. The UN=Multiversal, and an Incomplete IG controlled its energies.

an Incomplete IG also had the power to merge more then 1 reality

The thing is that Supes never actually absorbed all of the sword, so he never actually became 1 with the universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The UN=Multiversal, and an Incomplete IG controlled its energies.

an Incomplete IG also had the power to merge more then 1 reality

The thing is that Supes never actually absorbed all of the sword, so he never actually became 1 with the universe.

I'm not buying that Whole Un is multiversal load. THe IG was the supreme thing in it's universe. Eternity wrestled back an infinite, who is clearly multiversal, does that now make Eternity Multiversal? hell no. The Ig just Turned the energies back onto the UN. The UN was being used like a weapon. let's see the IG stop the UN while it tries to Repair all of the Multiverse and then the IG will be Multiversal. Until then, It's only the Supreme power of one universe.

Galan007
The Ig just Turned the energies back onto the UN. The UN was being used like a weapon. The UN has been shown as being a multiversal artifact (as displayed by Reed), and an INCOMPLETE IG controlled all of the UN's energies.

The Incomplete IG was also merging more then one reality.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The UN has been shown as being a multiversal artifact (as displayed by Reed), and an INCOMPLETE IG controlled all of the UN's energies.

The Incomplete IG was also merging more then one reality.

Um no. Just no. We dont' know the extent of the Energies the Un was expanding. For all we know, the IG could have just moved QUasar in the way. He was the master of time and Space. The IG could have simply redirected the blast. How many times has someone of lessor power redirected a blast? Does this someone how make them more powerful? Blink used to do it all the time. Turn someone's power back on them. Didn't make her more powerful. And The merging of a synthetic reality with no one to fight back is hardly proving the Ig is multiversal. Especially given the fact that the IG was incomplete and the magus could have been using the mind gem to make everyone think he was actually doing this. Hell, He could have been imposing his thoughts upon everyone since he didn't even have a complete IG. Also, you dint' answer my question about Eternity. He wrested back and won against an infinite Is he now multiversal?

Galan007
Um no. Just no. We dont' know the extent of the Energies the Un was expanding. For all we know, the IG could have just moved QUasar in the way. He was the master of time and Space. The IG could have simply redirected the blast. Magus controlled the UN's energies, he did not redirect them.
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8928/igvsun3sw2.th.jpg

And The merging of a synthetic reality with no one to fight back is hardly proving the Ig is multiversal. Especially given the fact that the IG was incomplete and the magus could have been using the mind gem to make everyone think he was actually doing this. Hell, He could have been imposing his thoughts upon everyone since he didn't even have a complete IG. Merging 2 realities does make it multiversal whether they fought back or not.

There was nothing to suggest he used to mind gem to make people think he was doing that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Magus specifically stated he controlled the UN's energies, he did not redirect them.

Merging 2 realities does make it multiversal whether they fought back or not.

There was nothing to suggest he used to mind gem to make people think he was doing that.

And would you say that the UN used the same amount of Energy to attack the magus and when REED who is smarter than quasar and knows exactly how to use the UN, used it? I would say not. So the comparison is just not reasonable. AT ALL.

And IT's easy to merge a reality of your own making. The magus made the 2nd reality with the cosmic cubes. He could have made that reality very easy to manipulate. Let's see the IG merge Two Eternities who will fight back together. Until then, it's not Multiversal. THe other reality was already in the control of the magus from the cosmic Cubes. Also answer my question, is Eternity Multiversal now becuz he fought back an Infinite? becuz that is basically what you are trying to say when your trying to use the IG redirecting or "controlling" the Un's attack.

Galan007
And would you say that the UN used the same amount of Energy to attack the magus and when REED who is smarter than quasar and knows exactly how to use the UN, used it? I would say not. So the comparison is just not reasonable. AT ALL.

And IT's easy to merge a reality of your own making. The magus made the 2nd reality with the cosmic cubes. He could have made that reality very easy to manipulate. Let's see the IG merge Two Eternities who will fight back together. Until then, it's not Multiversal. THe other reality was already in the control of the magus from the cosmic Cubes. Also answer my question, is Eternity Multiversal now becuz he fought back an Infinite? becuz that is basically what you are trying to say when your trying to use the IG redirecting or "controlling" the Un's attack. Listen, I'll break it down for ya...

UN's energies=Multiversal (as shown on pannel)

Why? because Reed had to destroy and recreate the Multiverse in order to fix the damage Abraxas did to it.

IG= Multiversal

Why? because Magus controlled the UN's energies, and he also was merging 2 realities (with an incomplete IG)

What don't you get about that?
1 Eternity was NOTHING to Thanos, so he alone was clearly more powerful then a single universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Listen, I'll break it down for ya...

UN's energies=Multiversal (as shown on pannel)

Why? because Reed had to destroy and recreate the Multiverse in order to fix the damage Abraxas did to it.

IG= Multiversal

Why? because Magus controlled the UN's energies, and he also was merging 2 realities (with an incomplete IG)

What don't you get about that?
1 Eternity was NOTHING to Thanos, so he alone was clearly more powerful then a single universe.
NO. NO. NO. Eternity specifically said that he wanted the IG banned becuz it would replace his place among the cosmos. THE LET even commented on this. It didn't say anything about replacing any other Eternities. Also, The UN has steadily been shown to grow in power. When it first came out, it was a weapon against Galactus. THen it turned into a weapon that could kill the universe. Now Under reed's power, It was shown to REMAKE the universe. It hasn't been shown to destroy anything so much as fix and reset things. Even so, The user of the UN obviously effects it's use and power. Also, The UN being used as a weapon in a single Beam, hardly constitutes the same use as it remaking the multiverse. You can't Do a Time warp and Use an instance from a later comic to somehow prove the power of an item from an earlier one. That won't work. That is like saying Superman beat DS so now that DS has the power of the Ale, it doesn't matter, Superman beat DS. THE UN was being used as a weapon, in a single beam, by a less competant User than reed. NO WAY to make a direct comparison of the IG being more powerful than the UN when It was used completely differntly and by a smarter person MUCH LATER ON. ANd answer my question, is Eternity Multiversal becuz he was able to beat back an infinite?

Galan007
NO. NO. NO. Eternity specifically said that he wanted the IG banned becuz it would replace his place among the cosmos. THE LET even commented on this. It didn't say anything about replacing any other Eternities. Also, The UN has steadily been shown to grow in power. When it first came out, it was a weapon against Galactus. THen it turned into a weapon that could kill the universe. Now Under reed's power, It was shown to REMAKE the universe. It hasn't been shown to destroy anything so much as fix and reset things. Even so, The user of the UN obviously effects it's use and power. Also, The UN being used as a weapon in a single Beam, hardly constitutes the same use as it remaking the multiverse. You can't Do a Time warp and Use an instance from a later comic to somehow prove the power of an item from an earlier one. That won't work. That is like saying Superman beat DS so now that DS has the power of the Ale, it doesn't matter, Superman beat DS. THE UN was being used as a weapon, in a single beam, by a less competant User than reed. NO WAY to make a direct comparison of the IG being more powerful than the UN when It was used completely differntly and by a smarter person MUCH LATER ON. ANd answer my question, is Eternity Multiversal becuz he was able to beat back an infinite? Geeze, theres just no point.

This could go on all day, and I dont feel like dancing with you that long wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Geeze, theres just no point.

This could go on all day, and I dont feel like dancing with you that long wink

Just answer these specific questions then. Please tell me how quasar using the UN as a weapon equals Reed using The Un as a multiversal repair thingy is equal? The circumstances are completely not the same. That's like giving guy gardner a GL ring and giving Hal jordan the same Gl ring. They are going to use it completely differntly and to differnt effects. One uses it much more powerfully and efficiantly even tho it's the same weapon. But they use it for different purposes and with differnt intelligence. And one more question, becuz Eternity wrestled back The infinite, is he now multiversal as the Infinites clearly are?

Galan007
Just answer these specific questions then. Please tell me how quasar using the UN as a weapon equals Reed using The Un as a multiversal repair thingy is equal? The circumstances are completely not the same. The circumstance aren't the same, but the energies within the UN ARE the same, and an Incomplete IG controlled those energies.

And one more question, becuz Eternity wrestled back The infinite, is he now multiversal as the Infinites clearly are? How can Eternity whom= a single universe, be more then Universal?

That has nothing to do with the points I'm making.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The circumstance aren't the same, but the energies within the UN ARE the same, and an Incomplete IG controlled those energies.

How can Eternity whom= a single universe, be more then Universal?

That has nothing to do with the points I'm making.

If the circumstances aren't the same then how can we be sure the UN was the same? The UN most certainly has grown in power as has Galactus. Which the UN is part of. And SUperman's Heat vision is the same, But in one instance he can use it to burn a hole in a mountain, other times he can use it to destroy the entire mountain. And woudn' you say that Reed is more adept at using the UN than Quasar? And I'm saying the IG is universal and that just becuz something is universal doesn't mean that it can't beat something multiversal. ETernity did it. The IG very well may have controlled the energy of the UN. it doesn't make the IG multiversal.

Galan007
The IG very well may have controlled the energy of the UN. it doesn't make the IG multiversal. An Incomplete IG did control the UN's energies, and even turned them back on its user.

And since we know that the UN's energies are Multiversal, the IG would also have to be Multiversal because the Incomplete IG controlled those energies. Also lets remember that it was merging more then 1 reality.

nvrbeenwthagirl
An Incomplete IG did control the UN's energies, and even turned them back on its user.

And since we know that the UN's energies are Multiversal, the IG is also Multiversal because it controlled those energies. It also was merging more then 1 reality.

That doesn't work for me. You see, Quasar fumbling trying to use the Un as a beam weapon isn't even in the same wrealm of power or use as Reed using the UN to remake all the multiverse. You cannot even try to begin to say that it is. So that entire argument is down the tubes. Also, The other reality the magus was merging, was already his to control. He made it witht he cosmic cubes. Show me the Un merging two realities outside of the wearers control. It won't happen. The argument does not stand. And no matter how people try to force it to, it just doesn't measure up. it is too easy to scrutinize. Without the circumstances being the same, or at the user being the same, You can't say becuz the IG did this on this day, it can do this on that day years later. That is like saying becuz Thor beat Scarlet witch in year two of the avengers, he is now Multiversal becuz technically, Scarlet witches powers have not grown. They were always the same. She just lost control.

Galan007
That doesn't work for me. You see, Quasar fumbling trying to use the Un as a beam weapon isn't even in the same wrealm of power or use as Reed using the UN to remake all the multiverse. You cannot even try to begin to say that it is. Dude, Magus didn't just control what Quasar fired at him, because technically Quasar never got the chance to fire the UN.

Magus with an Incomplete IG totally controlled the energies within the UN.

The UN's user wouldn't matter in that case because an Incomplete IG can manipulate the energies contained within the UN.

an Incomplete IG>UN

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dude, Magus didn't just control what Quasar fired at him, because technically Quasar never got the chance to fire the UN.

Magus with an Incomplete IG totally controlled the energies within the UN.

The UN's user wouldn't matter in that case because an Incomplete IG can manipulate the energies contained within the UN.

an Incomplete IG>UN

That actually weakens ur argument. Your saying that quasar never got a chance to fire. You realize the Un is just a weapon. it's not like it has a will. So technically, The magus could have just usurped control of the Un over quasar and shot quasar with his very gun. The magus could also make wolverine punch the shit out of himself. Youjust weakened the argument by alot by saying quasar never even got a chance to shoot.

Galan007
That actually weakens ur argument. Your saying that quasar never got a chance to fire. You realize the Un is just a weapon. it's not like it has a will. So technically, The magus could have just usurped control of the Un over quasar and shot quasar with his very gun. The magus could also make wolverine punch the shit out of himself. Youjust weakened the argument by alot by saying quasar never even got a chance to shoot. I weakened nothing.

Just as Quasar was fireing the UN, Magus manipulated those energies, along with the UN as a whole, and turned them back on Quasar.

Like it or not, Magus had complete control over the energies contained within the UN.

IG>UN

guy222
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Who wins?

Thanos w/HOTI

guy222
The DCU was a multiverse then. Multi-Eternity could give two shits abouts the IG. There is even more than one IG. I think he would have been more like Multi-Eternity.

What is Multi-Eternity

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
What is Multi-Eternity Multi-Eternity has only been seen in Marvel comics:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7421/multieternity16do.th.jpg

but for the purposes of this thread it has no meaning.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I weakened nothing.

Just as Quasar was fireing the UN, Magus manipulated those energies, along with the UN as a whole, and turned them back on Quasar.

Like it or not, Magus had complete control over the energies contained within the UN.

IG>UN

I'm not the only one who has shot that argument to pieces here on the threads. You can't take what the UN did in a completely differnt arc, YEARS later, by someone differnt, and then equate the IG as somehow SUperior and multiversal based on an earlier panel feat. That is pure rediculousness. Especially given the fact that REED is leagues smarter than Quasar and Knows how to use the UN, The fact that the UN was being used for something completely differnt, it wasn't being used as a single beam weapon when REEd used it, and the Un is connected to BIG and BIg is clearly shown to grow in power and importance over the years. Your entire argument is unfounded and can't stand up under scrutiny.

Galan007
I'm not the only one who has shot that argument to pieces here on the threads. You can't take what the UN did in a completely differnt arc, YEARS later, by someone differnt, and then equate the IG as somehow SUperior and multiversal based on an earlier panel feat. That is pure rediculousness. Especially given the fact that REED is leagues smarter than Quasar and Knows how to use the UN, The fact that the UN was being used for something completely differnt, it wasn't being used as a single beam weapon when REEd used it, and the Un is connected to BIG and BIg is clearly shown to grow in power and importance over the years. Your entire argument is unfounded and can't stand up under scrutiny. laughing out loud

Sure it can't bud.

You'll sit here and argue all day, I tried to stop a while ago because it gets boring stating the exact same things time after time.

All it turns into is an arguing contest, and you more then others, are known for your fits.

So like I said before, I'm done with this. There is no point in arguing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing out loud

Sure it can't bud.

You'll sit here and argue all day, I tried to stop a while ago because it gets boring stating the exact same things time after time.

All it turns into is an arguing contest, and you more then others, are known for your fits.

So like I said before, I'm done with this. There is no point in arguing.

It doesn't matter. I'm right. You can't take something did years earlier, by someone differnt, being used differntly and try to make what you want to fit fit. it doesn't work like that. That is why people always ask when did certain defeats and wins happen. You can't take the timeline of something and the context of something else and then make them fit. It doesn't work like that. REED is smarter than quasar and used the Un very differently. End of story. Nothing else can be argued. you can't argue with that.

Galan007
It doesn't matter. I'm right. You can't take something did years earlier, by someone differnt, being used differntly and try to make what you want to fit fit. it doesn't work like that. That is why people always ask when did certain defeats and wins happen. You can't take the timeline of something and the context of something else and then make them fit. It doesn't work like that. REED is smarter than quasar and used the Un very differently. End of story. Nothing else can be argued. you can't argue with that. Sure bud..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your sooooo right.

the UN>IG laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sure bud..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your sooooo right.

the UN>IG laughing out loud

When the IG is shown on panel, Stopping the UN from remaking the Multiverse, by a very competant user such as REEd, Then and only then will the IG>UN. Until then, it's fan raving hyperbole that has created this rediculous circular time theory of logic that isn't even allowed in versus matches.

Galan007
When the IG is shown on panel, Stopping the UN from remaking the Multiverse, by a very competant user such as REEd, Then and only then will the IG>UN. eek! WOW!

laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
eek! WOW!

laughing out loud

People usually resort to things like this when they can't answer a challenge to an established idea or a really vexing question. Eternity Beat back an infinite, Does this now make him Multiversal?

Kutulu
People usually resort to things like this when they can't answer a challenge to an established idea or a really vexing question. Eternity Beat back an infinite, Does this now make him Multiversal?

First off, Eternity didn't beat back an infinite.

Secondly the scan clearly showed someone using the UN against Magus with an incomplete gauntlet, and magus clearly stating that he turned back the energies of the UN. The UN destroys whatever it's wielder wants it to destroy, end of story.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
First off, Eternity didn't beat back an infinite.

Secondly the scan clearly showed someone using the UN against Magus with an incomplete gauntlet, and magus clearly stating that he turned back the energies of the UN. The UN destroys whatever it's wielder wants it to destroy, end of story.

It exactly what EVER it's wielder wants it to destroy. THis instance the UN was not in any way being used to do anything Multiversal in power and Quasar clear isn't an expert like REED. Thanks. Next argument please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.