The Extent of Magnetos Shields

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExtraMision5555
I know magnetos shields are strong, but sometimes i think they are misrepresented as being unbreakeable. So i wondering, what could magneto deal with in this gauntlet?

A- 10 Seconds of energy projection from Havok

B- An enraged optic blast from Cyclops

C- A 25 second hailstorm from Storm

D- One decent punch from superman

E- A 15 Second assault from Iron Man and Sentry

F- 121 Birthday Cards from Gambit

G- "I love you magneto, have a good new years!" Spoken by Blackbolt

H- 5 Blasts from glactus of about the same power as the blast he used on thanos'es shield (that time thanos was trying to reason with galactus about something, i forget but i think galactus said he was impressed)

H(2)-The Omega Effect (5 seconds)

Z- A 30 Second energy beating from Parallax

Thoughts?
and if you think the order is a little wierd, just say what you think he CANT handle

B dot Rob
G

tho I'd argue D can take it down on a good day.

ExtraMision5555
how does teh Omega effect work anyway? it erases everything "non essential"?

Soljer
He passes G.

H stops him dead before the first blast is even complete.

Bentley
I personally dont think Magneto can take Blackbolt's voice. But he surely goes down against the next one.

The OE detroys stuff from existance, it wouldnt hit the shild though. And that "existance" part is a myth.

DarkCrawler
G

Soljer
Originally posted by Bentley
I personally dont think Magneto can take Blackbolt's voice. But he surely goes down against the next one.

The OE detroys stuff from existance, it wouldnt hit the shild though. And that "existance" part is a myth.

I think Magneto could certainly take Blackbolt's voice, considering he's taken multiple nukes to the face unshielded, and has taken Blackbolt's scream unshielded in the past.

With shields? He wouldn't notice blackbolt's scream.

Besides that, Bolt's scream works, not on a sonic level, but on an electronic one. It strips electrons, if I do recall correctly. To destructive effects.

What does Magneto control? The entire ELECTROmagnetic spectrum.

He'll be fine.

norrinradd43
he could withstand A B C D and F

Kutulu
Blackbolt and Magneto control similar energies, as pointed out above, so I would say most likely make it to H, but G would give him pause.

Bentley
Magneto has not taken BB's scream unshielded, he would be sparks if that was true.

Soljer
Magneto has not taken BB's scream unshielded, he would be sparks if that was true.

Check the Magneto respect thread.

Where's Batdude when you need him? erm.

Bentley
Tell me where is the respect thread.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
Check the Magneto respect thread.

Where's Batdude when you need him? erm.

hahahah
i was thinking that too

but honestly, the nature of magnetos shield confuses me
i dont think he could make it past blackbolt

i mean
BB's scream is alot stronger than a nuke
but its compareable in magnitude, just very, very, very amplified

Accel
Batdude's evidence of Magneto taking BB's scream unshielded was just showing him sitting right next BB when he yelled in a completely different direction. rolling on floor laughing

Bentley
I saw that too, thats why I asked. How can he take it unshielded anyways? Does Magneto has a bio aura or something?

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
Batdude's evidence of Magneto taking BB's scream unshielded was just showing him sitting right next BB when he yelled in a completely different direction. rolling on floor laughing

When Blackbolt's spoken in the past, it's hit EVERYTHING around the point source.

Magneto wouldn't be exempt from the damage.

ExtraMision5555
i was just aobut to say that

what does being unshielded mean?
and i think i know what scan hes referring to if thats what happend, and if thats the scan im thinking of, magneto was not in the path of blackbolts voice

and blackbolt punched him in the face a second or two later

ExtraMision5555
When Blackbolt's spoken in the past, it's hit EVERYTHING around the point source.

Well, actually, Blackbolt can direct his voice to only travel a certian direction. its not always semi-omnidirectional

one example was when he used it to break up a fight between surfer and someone, i believe

either way, its path is dictated by blackbolt (i mean, not like a zigzag or anything)

Soljer
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Well, actually, Blackbolt can direct his voice to only travel a certian direction. its not always semi-omnidirectional

one example was when he used it to break up a fight between surfer and someone, i believe

either way, its path is dictated by blackbolt (i mean, not like a zigzag or anything)

I don't doubt you, but, evidence? erm.

It seems like it would be within his power, but even Blackbolt's whispers have seemed to destroy everything in his immediate vicinity.

Bentley
I think that the most recent BB word has been in HoM and he only wrecked the things in front of him... While completly pwning Apocalypse.

Accel

It didn't damage the vessel they were riding, or nay thing else behind him, IIRC. Blackagar seems to have some copntrol over the direction of his voice, seeing as how he's used it when the X-Men were all around him and none of them were even harmed in the slightest.

Soljer
I think that the most recent BB word has been in HoM and he only wrecked the things in front of him... While completly pwning Apocalypse.

That wasn't cannon, if I recall correctly.

Also, if it only wrecked things in front of him, why the need for the VIBRANIUM BOX to hide in?

Bentley
It was cannon, just not in the same universe.

I would need to look at the scans to get any conclusion but I dont have them.

ExtraMision5555
I don't doubt you, but, evidence? erm.

It seems like it would be within his power, but even Blackbolt's whispers have seemed to destroy everything in his immediate vicinity.

i think i can find the scan

hold on, i have the inhumans on my comptuer too. might take a sec

Accel
Ah, here's what I was talking about earlier. His whisper can actually be seen traveling in a straight path here, leaving Cyclops and the others standing around him completely unharmed.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7001/xfactor067page13fm4.th.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
Ah, here's what I was talking about earlier. His whisper can actually be seen traveling in a straight path here, leaving Cyclops and the others standing around him completely unharmed.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7001/xfactor067page13fm4.th.jpg

I stand corrected, then. I'm not above admitting that I was wrong.

However, I still don't see Blackbolts ELECTRONIC attack phasing Magneto too much. Especially with his shields up.

Bentley
I dont think Magneto can take the vibration of the electrons that he causes, maybe he can manipulate with his powers but I dont think that he can make his electric shield not vibrate by an attack that makes electrons vibrate.

Not with the shield alone at least.

ExtraMision5555
Ah! beat me to it, well, heres another example of when he redirected it to travel to the opposite side of the earth
http://img25.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-8512/loc24/84243_lilandra3.jpg

not as good as an example though, but this is really only addressing the unshielded statement

Rutog98
Where did Magneto take nukes unshielded? I hope you are not referring to the Magneto War where he was hooked up to a machine that amplified his powers. Nothing from that story is usable since he had artificial enhancements.

Rutog98
D stops him

UniOmni
He's taken much worse, but a decent punch from Superman does them in?

Not happening.

Rutog98
Okay. Then perhaps Superman is overrated. I don't read his comics or anything, but from the way people talk about him, he can destroy a planet with a single punch.

UniOmni
He is overrated if thats what you've been told.

xmarksthespot
Why is Gambit so high up?

G or H.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.