can surfer beat the feats of Superman(Superman Returns) in his new movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
what sort of feat would surfer do to beat supermans.

Soljer
This isn't particularly a versus thread, but the answer is no.

As Surfer won't be the star of the movie, and he is VASTLY more powerful than the true stars of the movie, it's more than likely he will be VERY under-played.

Expect Ben Grimm hurting him with punches, or Johnny hurting him with a flame, or Sue Storm trapping him in a force bubble.

It's going to be pathetic.

UniOmni
I expect the opposite.

I see them trying to no avail to hurt Surfer, and he owns them repeatedly.

Until he sees the beautiful struggle of humanity, and then regains his conscious, only to waste it all on whining to the Big G in the next movie.

Can his powerset allow for bigger feats?

I consider him to be significantly more powerful than Superman, so yeah he can have some outrageous feats.

But i doubt he'll have them.

Him absorbing a sun, and flying faster than light times a billion, and pulling massive amounts of energy from the past present and future makes him too uber to be beaten by the FF4.

He'll fly around and shoot things, and likely phase.

Soljer
Originally posted by UniOmni
I expect the opposite.

I see them trying to no avail to hurt Surfer, and he owns them repeatedly.

Until he sees the beautiful struggle of humanity, and then regains his conscious, only to waste it all on whining to the Big G in the next movie.

Can his powerset allow for bigger feats?

I consider him to be significantly more powerful than Superman, so yeah he can have some outrageous feats.

But i doubt he'll have them.

Him absorbing a sun, and flying faster than light times a billion, and pulling massive amounts of energy from the past present and future makes him too uber to be beaten by the FF4.

He'll fly around and shoot things, and likely phase.

Meh, I can definitely see the movie downgrading him to Fantastic Four level. Which will be quite depressing, as I'm an avid Surfer fan. erm.

Hope you're right!

Validus
I agree with Omni. It took all 4 to beat Doom and he didn't do anything but shoot lightning. Based on the footage of him treating Torch like a child, I doubt he'll get owned by the 4.

lionking
heres the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

Space M ummy
Originally posted by lionking
heres the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

I actually DO think it would be a pretty good fight between movie supes and movie surfer. Remember: movie surfer is STILL fast enough to travel interstellar distances on his own, so their speed is even, strength is a tossup but he's definitely going to be strong enough to hurt supes physically, plus energy projection is pretty much a given.

Plus, movie supes is going to have a HARD time against something that can phase through all his attacks.

I'd pay big money to see this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.