Guy vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Bushinryu Ninjitsu vs Hayabusa Ninjitsu.

Two of videogame's original ninjas face off in a ninja throwdown (Ninja Gaiden came out in 1988, while Final Fight came out the following year). Supporting Guy from the sidelines are his wife Rena, his sister-in-law Maki Genryusai, Cody Travers, and Haggar. In Hayabusa's corner are Hayate, Kasumi, and Ayane.

Stage: Osaka stage from CvSNK 2

And BEFORE you go and scream that Guy will get his ass handed to him, please see the following videos, then make your choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceb2jTDD0Hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmghh6Y7ZM

Please note that this match is strictly hand-to-hand. No outside weapons or interference, ninpo and the occasional Dragon Blade.

Remulous
I like all ninjas equally exept Strider, that's the coolest ninja ever. Gameplywise Guy takes this, piece of cake. But Guy doesn't have enough feats to put him above Hayabusa. The vids were great, I didn't even know guy had that Black Out Grip move.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Remulous
I like all ninjas equally exept Strider, that's the coolest ninja ever. Gameplywise Guy takes this, piece of cake. But Guy doesn't have enough feats to put him above Hayabusa. The vids were great, I didn't even know guy had that Black Out Grip move.

Let's see...feats...off the top of my head.

Guy:
Original Appearance: Final Fight - 1989

1. 39th Bushin Ninja Master
2. Hero of Final Fights 1, 3 and Streetwise
3. Assissted in destroying the Mad Gear and later, the Skull Cross gang
4. Became Japantown's boss
5. Friends with Ryu

Ryu Hayabusa:
Original Appearance: Ninja Gaiden - 1988
1. Hero of every Ninja Gaiden game.
2. Defeated the Demon Clan twice, a crooked CIA official, and the Vigoor Empire.
3. Winner of the DOA World Combat Championship
4. Protector of the Dragon Sword
5. Has ties with the Mugen Tenshin clan
6. Assissted the Mugen Tenshin clan in destroying the DOATEC Tritower.

But this battle is not about feats. It's all about who is the better ninja.

Emperor Ashtar
There both terrible ninja's, but great chracters.

Remulous
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Let's see...feats...off the top of my head.

Guy:
Original Appearance: Final Fight - 1989

1. 39th Bushin Ninja Master
2. Hero of Final Fights 1, 3 and Streetwise
3. Assissted in destroying the Mad Gear and later, the Skull Cross gang
4. Became Japantown's boss
5. Friends with Ryu

Ryu Hayabusa:
Original Appearance: Ninja Gaiden - 1988
1. Hero of every Ninja Gaiden game.
2. Defeated the Demon Clan twice, a crooked CIA official, and the Vigoor Empire.
3. Winner of the DOA World Combat Championship
4. Protector of the Dragon Sword
5. Has ties with the Mugen Tenshin clan
6. Assissted the Mugen Tenshin clan in destroying the DOATEC Tritower.

But this battle is not about feats. It's all about who is the better ninja. The better Ninja? All Ninjas are cool to me, so they're both equal. Only Hiryu surpasses other ninjas, IMO.

Emperor Ashtar
Hayabusa and Hiryu are the coolest ninja's.

brainchild81
Guy wears Nikes like I do. He walks around town kicking everybody's @ss w/his bare hands. Even people w/guns. He's the coolest ninja. All ninja are cool though

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81
Guy wears Nikes like I do. He walks around town kicking everybody's @ss w/his bare hands. Even people w/guns. He's the coolest ninja. All ninja are cool though
You wear lowtop kicks??

brainchild81
I'm not a fan of High tops. The greatest sneaks ever built by man are the Air Max SC from back in the day.

Emperor Ashtar
I'm not a fan of High tops. The greatest sneaks ever built by man are the Air Max SC from back in the day.

Not everone rocks hightops with no laces and the tounge sticking out sad
They can be tredy, lowtops seem to be back in style, even I have a pair.

brainchild81
I'm not good @ Basketball & I always thought that's what hightops were for. Lowtops rule. I'm pissed 'cause I can't find Ace 83s anymore

Emperor Ashtar
I'm not good @ Basketball & I always thought that's what hightops were for. Lowtops rule. I'm pissed 'cause I can't find Ace 83s anymore

I used to be good in b-ball, But I suck now. sad I played alot of "Around da world/Utah" and "Knouckout" for pratice. But, I've slacked too hard. Hightops are just cool. B-Ball or not.

Remulous
The transparent low top Air Forces look so damn cool, they stay clean for along time. They're no good for sports though, you'll f**k'em up playing any serious sport.

TricksterPriest
I thought his shoes were Converse All stars? or was that Maki? eek! blink OMG....Guy's a freaking beast..... this guy's awesome....... gameplaywise, Guy has this hands down, even if DOA wasn't broken as hell. Feat-wise.....I don't want to bring in Hayabusa's Ninja Gaiden feats. But even with only the DOA stuff, it's pretty clear Guy doesn't have the feats to win. However, I still think he has a good shot. Just not the favorite.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I thought his shoes were Converse All stars? or was that Maki? eek! blink OMG....Guy's a freaking beast..... this guy's awesome....... gameplaywise, Guy has this hands down, even if DOA wasn't broken as hell. Feat-wise.....I don't want to bring in Hayabusa's Ninja Gaiden feats. But even with only the DOA stuff, it's pretty clear Guy doesn't have the feats to win. However, I still think he has a good shot. Just not the favorite.

According to Guy's profile, they look like Nike Dunks in SF Alpha, but later on, Guy wears Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars.

TricksterPriest
Go Chuck. thumb up

brainchild81
There's already enough characters who wear chucks. Guy should only wear Nikes!!!

Remulous
There's already enough characters who wear chucks. Guy should only wear Nikes!!! Yeah, other than Guy what other fighting game character wears name brand shoes that aint Chucks? I think Chun Li wears Adidas or Dadas. I'd wear what Guy has on, that's 1 stylish ninja.

Cloud_VII
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/Cloud_XII/RyuArt.jpg

Remulous
Did you draw that?

IceJaw
The text and half the url answers that question with a big NO.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by IceJaw
The text and half the url answers that question with a big NO.
How? I could have simply scanned the drawing and uploaded it on my photobucket account.

IceJaw
Erm is Photobucket asian in any way? Nope. Are you asian in any way? Doesn't seem like it.

And that's a cutout...

Cloud_VII
Erm is Photobucket asian in any way? Nope. Are you asian in any way? Doesn't seem like it.

And that's a cutout...
Wtf does asian have to do with it? Yeah, I know it's a cutout. I'm just saying the url isn't saying anything and it's possible you can upload image files on photobucket.

Kento
Ryu wasn't the original star of Ninja Gaiden just the new X-box versions. But yea I think Ryu would win. And I never knew Guy was a ninja....hmm maybe I should play those games again since I haven't in a very long time.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Wtf does asian have to do with it?
Well maybe it's because the guy who drew it is, I found him on Deviant.

Cloud_VII
Well maybe it's because the guy who drew it is, I found him on Deviant.
I was saying it's possible I could've made that drawing and uploaded it on PB. I never said I did it though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.