Wanderer vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Wanderer from Shadows of the Colossus mounts up to face down Link from Twilight Princess. Both warriors get the following items:

A.) Sword
B.) Bow & Arrows

Link doesn't get fairies, poitons, milk, or anything else that will recover his health nor magic armor or anything else other then that I have listed. They fight upon the Hylian Fields from Zelda: OoT. Each heroes get full health. Who prevails?

http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/658/658966/shadow-of-the-colossus-20051017033226242-000.jpg
Wanderer fighting one of the very huge Colossus

http://www.anhalter.net/blog/wp-content/zelda_twilight_princess_09.jpg
Link battling the General Moblin on the Bridge of Eldin in Twilight Princess

Oh! And one more thing; Link cannot become a wolf.

Scafl
It's hard to tell who would win because techincally no one has seen the Wanderer fight anyone his own size. But if we go by the generic "<character one> has beaten bigger, stronger enemies than <character two>" rule, than Wanderer would totally beat Link.

You can talk about Ganondorf or whoever all you want, but Wanderer has kicked the crap out of sixteen ridiculously huge creatures hundreds of times his size (and he took them all out a second time, in rapid sucession if you count Time Attack mode). Link has fought some big foes, but I'm pretty sure Link hasn't fought enemies THAT big before. Even though Link's enemies were probably a lot smarter than the animalistic Colossi, I still think size matters as far as Link and Wanderer's hero resumes go. So, I say Wanderer if you go by the enemies he has slain. But Wanderer has technically never fought someone his own size, at least as far as we know, and I think Link would beat him since Wanderer seems a little clumsy compared to Link. But I still like Wanderer more.

Going by Enemies Beaten - Wanderer

Going by Skill - Link, probably

I think it's also fair to mention that there isn't any kind of approximate piece of canonical info stating how skilled Wanderer is with the sword. But yeah, I still think Link is more skilled with the sword.

ESB -1138
Morpheel from TP was very big. I don't have any pictures but I'm playing the game again on Wii so this time I'll get a better size of Morpheel. I mean this thing was huge but compared to a Colossi I'm going have to get back to you on that.

Scafl
It really is pretty hard to come up with a victor. Link does some kickass stuff with his sword, twirling and spinning it around in his hand and whatnot, whereas Wanderer just stabs stuff. Link is clearly more skilled with the sword, as far as we know. Even so, Wanderer has enough strength and vitality to slay creatures hundreds of times his size, and that's gotta be worth something. But again, Link would be his very first human opponent (as far as we know), and as far as we know Wanderer doesn't have a whole lot of experience in this field. The outcome is slightly in Link's favor, methinks.

ESB -1138
But the problem with judging the Wanderer is that all his moves were in game and other then that you never hear/see his movies. The Wanderer may be a swords master but from what I saw in SoC all he can do is stab. And really slicing at something THAT BIG seems kind of pointless.

When it comes to horseback riding the Wanderer seems to have the edge in that field. I mean some of the things the Wanderer showed off on a horse while fighting the Colossus was very impressive.

((The_Anomaly))
Link beats Ganon, Ganon >>>>>>>>> over any of the Colossi. Link is a far better swordsman as well. Plus Link has Wiimote added aiming skill, where the Wanderer is still using a crappy dual analog setup...far less accurate.

In all seriousness though, Link could beat any of the Colossi, hands down. Link > Wanderer.

ESB -1138
See the thing is that Ganon isn't > any Colossi. The Colossus can ONLY be injured by the ancient sword the Wanderer wields. We came to the conclusion Link is the better swordsman but the Wanderer is the better knight. Link may have defeated the Colossi but without the ancient sword the Wanderer wields Link wouldn't be able to even inflict damage to them.

Not to mention that after the Wanderer killed a Colossi that his body would deteriorates. The Wanderer only defeated 1 Colossi at 100% and after that his body was slowly becoming nothing and yet the Wanderer could still continue to perform amazing feats while fighting the mighty Colossi.

Kento
Link wins hand down...and I don't even like LoZ of any kind. Wanderer might have beat the collosi but he had a special spot to hit them to kill them. Link has beaten lot bigger threats that threaten the world unlike the Wanderer also.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kento
Link wins hand down...and I don't even like LoZ of any kind. Wanderer might have beat the collosi but he had a special spot to hit them to kill them. Link has beaten lot bigger threats that threaten the world unlike the Wanderer also.

To be fair the world was never really in any danger. TP Link just saved a kingdom.

Kento
Isn't TP Link suppose to be the same one from Oot and MM though? And still he does a lot harder stuff then Wanderer. Though Wanderer does have to find those weak spots..and I had a hard time killed that stupid flying one where all that water is.

ESB -1138
Isn't TP Link suppose to be the same one from Oot and MM though? And still he does a lot harder stuff then Wanderer. Though Wanderer does have to find those weak spots..and I had a hard time killed that stupid flying one where all that water is.

No. TP Link is a completely new Link. Not OoT/MM Link nor WW Link nor OoS/OoA Link nor LoZ/AoL Link nor ALTTP Link nor MC Link nor FS/FSA Link or any other Link I forgot to mention.

Kento
I know it's not any of the rest...and especially not WW. But I didn't know I just heard from my friend and g/f who are big time Zelda fans that it was suppose to be from Oot/MM Link.

ESB -1138
I know it's not any of the rest...and especially not WW. But I didn't know I just heard from my friend and g/f who are big time Zelda fans that it was suppose to be from Oot/MM Link.

Nope. New Link, completely different. Not the same one from OoT/MM.

Kento
*shrugs* Oh well. I still think TP Link could take down Wanderer. Does he get the Master Sword though? Shadow of Colossus was an awesome game but he really didn't do much to make me think he can beat Link. Without that special sword he wouldn't have been able to beat those Colossi either and they didn't really attack him first they just sorta wandered around until he attacked them.

SolidSnake06
I say link because well... its Linksmile

ESB -1138
*shrugs* Oh well. I still think TP Link could take down Wanderer. Does he get the Master Sword though? Shadow of Colossus was an awesome game but he really didn't do much to make me think he can beat Link. Without that special sword he wouldn't have been able to beat those Colossi either and they didn't really attack him first they just sorta wandered around until he attacked them.

Okay by your logic then without the Master Sword Link wouldn't have been able to defeat Ganondorf.

Kento
Um would he have been able to beat Ganon without the Master Sword? I never said he would of been able to and I don't even know if he could. I don't know to much about LoZ at all. I just know I've seen Link do more things then Wanderer has done. Wanderer isn't that great of a fighter and Link is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.