Jinpachi Mishima Vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Muck101
Tekken freak vs SF freak. Fight to the death. Thanks Sado!

Sado22
no problemo dude! any time.
this is what i think:
akuma (akuma not fighting at full potential) would lose.
shin akuma would put up a better fight and possibly win. but i'll place my money on mister-i-shoot-fireballs-from-my-manboobs. the guy's the toughest boss yet canonwise, and regular bosses and subosses can turn forest to barren landscape, wreck places up by powering, etc.

~The Invincible Sado-sama
hey, muck101, guess what shin_remy is gonna say?
laughing

Darkstorm Zero
I disagree....

Again with the powering up stuff, I gotta say, outside of his non-canon ending, Jinpachi never shook the ground or cleared the land simply by powering up, nor has anyone else in Tekken.... Soul Calibur yes, but not Tekken (Canonically speaking)

And that shot at shin tells me this was an intended spite thread...

Sado22
you're entitled to your opinion, DSZ.

-Devil Jin in Jin's prologue turned the whole forest into a barren landscape
-also he tore the whole place down in his DJT5 ending (which verywell might be canon).
-also that Jinpachi ending does show HIS power doesn't it?

no not really, DSZ. his fanboy posts have been going on for a while which culminated with him flaming muck101 and a few other Tekken fans. muck101 and i are just joking about it since in ALL threads he comes, he flamese nonSFcharacters and posts stupid oneliners that reek of fanboyism. no need to get so defensive about a fellow SF fan especialy since he's the one who asked for it and now has it coming.

take care and see ya around. Happy new years aswell!

Darkstorm Zero
I... NEVER defend Shin Remy (In fact, when he first came to these forums, I tore him a new ******* and schooled him in his SFer knowlege by proving some of his facts wrong)

But, I also do not like watching the forums degenerate into flame pits every time new members show up, now whether Shin is at fault, or this new Muck guy is at faulkt, I don't know, (I've been away) but all I see are flames and 4 spite threads designed to lure Shin out so you can call him a fanboy. And that is something I actively discourage.

As for the debate:

#1: My bad, I overlooked that, but thats still an irregulkar feat, not something that happens Every time Jin powers up like Akuma's earthquakes.

#2: Until it's confirmed (And as far as I know, only Normal Jin's is confirmed cannon) it cannot be used.

#3: No, not for the purposes of the debate, since hewas transforming into something else entirely that has never been shown in the game (And certainly wasn't what was intended for the debate itself.)

Sado22
so he's been getting it from you too, eh? lol.

good then. my bad for getting a wrong impression of what you were doing. but in Muck101's defense, it was i who started the flame. he started the thread with the best of intentions and wanted a genuine debate. i started the shin-remy flaming.

Happy new year muck101

Muck101
Whoo, People notice me!!! Hooray!
Allright folks, if this post sounds a little wioerd, It may because I've been having a VERY good newyears! Anyway, I really don't know much about either Jinpachi or Akuma. I just opened this to get everyones take on the subject. Jinpachi was the closest thing to a god-char I could find in Tekken, and I thought that would make it harder for people to just write him off for his lack of appearing in SF. I think we all know who I'm talking about. wink

Emperor Ashtar
Gouki has: Are effecting attacks, an instant kill, island busting strikes, and overall more destructive power. And he's supposed to lose to lame jinpaichi?

Remulous
Until Jinpachi is strong enough to destroy a titanic ship with a kick I doubt Jinpachi will stand a chance.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
Until Jinpachi is strong enough to destroy a titanic ship with a kick I doubt Jinpachi will stand a chance.
Does he really have too, I mean gen doesn't.

Darkstorm Zero
No, but Gen has what I like to call "Lethal Fingers".

Heck, maybe getting hit with those fingers is similar to getting shot with a 500 Magnum round.

Remulous
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Does he really have too, I mean gen doesn't. Probaly not but Gen has the death touch.

Superboy Prime
Instant Hell Murder = One Less Mishima to worry about.

Sado22
its stuff like this that makes me stop posting any fight with akuma in it. I'm sure Jinpachi will just stand there and let akuma take him to hell and make the demons kill him.

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
its stuff like this that makes me stop posting any fight with akuma in it. I'm sure Jinpachi will just stand there and let akuma take him to hell and make the demons kill him.

~The Invincible Sado-sama laughing

beta ray bob
I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT AKUMA BUT.... can he stun a person by stomping? (for some strange reason) or......... umm..... eat like 19 hot dogs at the same time (regarding jinpatchi's giant stomach mouth)

because if this is an eating contest then jinpatchi pwns akuma like a....
.....guy with an extra mouth eating hotdogs.....and...stuff....

beta ray bob
STREET FIGHTER=GOOD

TEKKEN=A-FREAKIN-MAZING

beta ray bob
ALSO THIS IS KIND OF AN UNBALANCED FIGHT AS SHIN AKUMA IS

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STRONGER THATN JINPATCHI (OR "PATCHES" AS I CALL HIM)

MadMel
1. dont triple post..use edit button
2. prove it..
3. plz dont use caps

beta ray bob
Originally posted by Remulous

that is my proof. and I LIKE TO USE CAPS TO MAKE THINGS MORE DRAMATIC. alsoare you monitoring me? as this is not the first time today that u have said "use the damn edit button" 3 words amigo:

BACK OFF NOW

TricksterPriest
Dude, seriously, use the edit button. your punctuation is atrocious. Gouki wins this with ease. I may have a slight bias towards games like SF&KOF over games like Tekken, but jesus christ, man, HOW DO YOU EXPECT ANYONE IN TEKKEN TO TAKE DOWN A GUY WHO ONE-SHOTS GIANT METEORS!? blink What the f**k?

Sado22
QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH. Happy Dance

also do you really proof to know that Tekken is better than SF. i mean comeon look at how much impact T5 made on the gaming world. evne people who didn't like 3-d games are playing it. even people who don't like fighitng games are playing it.
-more moves per person (ryu *cough* has three moves *cough*)
-better soundtrack
-more detail in everything
-more technical
-overall superb presentation
-better ratings than all street fighters put together. people, on gamespot, MOTW got better ratings than SF3 3rd strike!

since you're using non-canon facts to prove a point i'll just mention that in Jinpachi's T5 ending....he goes on to DESTROY THE WORLD!

and stop blasphemying! mad
big grin

beta ray bob
true but SHIN akuma is making stuff go boom immmensly

Sado22
^^
*has popcorn with beta ray bob and waits for Akuma to be powerful enough to destroy the world*

Cloud_VII
ahahaha

Superboy Prime

To tell the truth I dislike Jinpachi's design and sloppy Mishima style.

Superboy Prime
^^
*has popcorn with beta ray bob and waits for Akuma to be powerful enough to destroy the world*

I recommend getting enough popcorn for a couple of years, but fear not you WILL live to see it. He's already busting islands. wink

Cloud_VII
LOL!

Superboy Prime
And for the record lets not talk about fighting games that have delivered an impact. None even comes close to Street Fighter 2 when you talk about impact.

Remulous
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
And for the record lets not talk about fighting games that have delivered an impact. None even comes close to Street Fighter 2 when you talk about impact. Got that right , dude! Jinpachi is pretty cool but he can't touch Gouki.

Sado22
yeah SF2 had an impact when there WERE NO FIGHTING GAMES AROUND!
once fighting games started coming, and you mgiht as well accept it, SF has hardly made any impact.
Tekken3 was voted the 3rd best game on the PS1. and i don't mean fighting game...i mean GAME.
Tekken5 is again one of the best games on the PS2.

the moment oter games in the market SF has never made any impact. name on SF game that made any impact since SF2. in fact SF is not even considered better than KoF in most of the world, save US.

~The INvincible Sado-sama

Superboy Prime
yeah SF2 had an impact when there WERE NO FIGHTING GAMES AROUND!
once fighting games started coming, and you mgiht as well accept it, SF has hardly made any impact.
Tekken3 was voted the 3rd best game on the PS1. and i don't mean fighting game...i mean GAME.
Tekken5 is again one of the best games on the PS2.

the moment oter games in the market SF has never made any impact. name on SF game that made any impact since SF2. in fact SF is not even considered better than KoF in most of the world, save US.

How many real sequels does Street Fighter 2 have though? It's not like Street Fighter is reaching number 18th. Street Fighter 3 came out and was a hit. Lets not talk about the Alphas. We'll see what happens when SF4 comes out. Personally I hope they stop with the bizarre designs like Twelve etc. though.

Sado22
that would be SF3 and SF3 3rd strike.
SFa wasn't too popular actually,though SFa2 and SFa3 were.
but seriously they werent close to what T3, TTT, T5 did.
as for lame designs...that is the reason i felt SF3 was overrated. almost all the new guys were heaps of sh!t. twelve sucked. freakin semen-drop-experimentation-gone-wrong Q sucked. Makuto sucked. Necro sucked. Sean...oh no another shotoclone. Hugo...well he's from FF. Oro sucked. Urien....thongclone. remy was a *** version of Guile who threw onion rings. almost all the new guys sucked. Yang and Yun were the only cool ones, along with ibuki. Dudly was average.

Superboy Prime
I hated the designs, but I like the parrying system.

beta ray bob
the only good parrying systems in fighting games are in tekken 5

tekken dark ressurection and mk:armageddon

Darkstorm Zero
Has this become a popularity contest?.....

This thread has been derailed so badly that it's now about which game has made more impact on the industry? WTF does that have to do with the characters in question?

beta ray bob
yes we did now that u mention it

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Has this become a popularity contest?.....

This thread has been derailed so badly that it's now about which game has made more impact on the industry? WTF does that have to do with the characters in question? Just for the record SF reinvented fighting games. Other games took SF's ideas and ran with it ,not that that's a bad thing cause KOF and Tekken among a few others that are f**kin awesome.

Several different punches and kicks differing in attack power, SF. A story, SF. Playable female character, SF. The ability to jump, SF. Special moves SF, ect. Jinpachi will get crushed, but by no means does that make him a bad character.

beta ray bob
thank u for being fair about it

though i still think that tekken is the best fighting game ever

Remulous
That's your oppinion and I can respect that. SF is the best to me obviously but Tekken is easily the best 3D fighter with Virtua Fighter being a close 2nd.

Darkstorm Zero
Alright, IMO, for 2D fighters, Street Fighter and King of Fighters are both equal as the best fighters of that particular genre. followed by series like AOF, FF, Gaoru and other SNK titles, Capcom's only real fighter has been SF IMO, Final Fights been great too, but thats another genre entirely.

for 3D, Namco produced my two favourites in the Tekken series, and the Soul Calibur/Soul Blade series, both are equal to me in terms of which is the best, followed closely by DOA. Capcom's project justice was nice for a litle while, but without it's connection to SFer, it fades into obscurity.

Remulous
IMO Dark Stalkers and Rival Schols are just as good as SF and KOF, if not better.

beta ray bob
sf is way better than kof

Remulous
Originally posted by beta ray bob
sf is way better than kof I wouldn't say that, IMO they are equal. Some times SF brings better games some times KOF brings it. I just like SF more becuase it flows better and it's the reason why I even started to play video games.

beta ray bob
same here. the first fighting game i played was sf 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.