The Vs. Challenge thread!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pantysniffer
There is unfinished business on this forum. This is the thread to issue an official challenge and set out your criteria.

One argument at a time.

When two protagonists debate nobody may enter this thread till the posters have made 10 posts each. Then agreed Judges mutually agreed by the two posters concerned may either suggest a continued argument or judge the debate over and proclaim a winner. Individual challengers may on the issue of a challenge set the additional criteria they wish. This can be modified if the individual challenged accepts the proclamation.

GalacticStorm
Hello peeps. This is the event you've all been waiting for. As many posters will know, there has been an ongoing essay war between me and the upstart otherwise known as Mr Master. I would present an argument backed by on panel proof and then he would respond NOT with evidence showing why my argument cant possibly be the case or evidence clear out stating its not the case, but instead with opinion about why its not the case, pages and pages of OUT OF CONTEXT scans of Phoenix avatars being defeated and insults pertaining to me being a fanboy. At which point he'd claim victory on the topic despite posting little to nothing topic related. I naively at first used to respond to this and as such the argument went on and on in circles, with my points never being addressed and said instances of course as intended by Mr Master buried under tons of insults and scans of Phoenix being p8wn3d erm

Thats when i decided, lets break this cycle. Im not going to give him the opportunity to hide his losses anymore. So i set this challenge nearly a week ago. A challenge which up until this point has been avoided and even saw a previously unheard of Mr M absence.

Here it is.

We will discuss ONE issue at a time. Posters will briefly state what theyre trying to prove about the issue and then the debate will begin in earnest. Each poster will present their whole arguments without interruption from each other or any other posters one after the other.

The judges will assess each argument and give their stance at that point in time with detailed explanations and any queries about either participants arguments.

The participants will then answer said queries through further posts whilst also highlighting flaws in their opponents arguments. During this process the judges and ONLY the judges can post freely with any additional queries or doubts.

When it becomes clear to the judges that the argument is going in circles and one side cannot sufficiently prove a particular point the other side has presented then they will cast their votes on the issue.

When that happens the losing side must agree never to bring up said issues again unless new evidence has come to light.

Posts and scans must be directly related to the topic. i.e if we're debating the M'kraan crystal, no scans of Phoenix being blown apart by Xorn shifty

Posts must be entirely new. NO REPOSTS from previous threads.

If a point is presented, argue why it cannot be the case and if you can show on panel evidence stating it is not the case.Mere opinion to the contrary will not do. Neither will an attack on an opponents credibility qualify as a response.

GalacticStorm
The judges will be agreed between MrMaster and myself, but they must be members who have been here over a year

They cant be members who have been shown to have been insulting to either participant in recent Phoenix threads.

Anyone out there who meets said criteria? Send your judge applications to both me and Mr M. smile

King Kandy
I'm seeing a problem with this.

Your ruleing in this was going to decide what way an issue is interpreted, and thus there can be no further argument on the issue.

But what if someone has an argument you guys missed? That could change the whole issue? They aren't allowed to influence it in any way...

pantysniffer
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm seeing a problem with this.

Your ruleing in this was going to decide what way an issue is interpreted, and thus there can be no further argument on the issue.

But what if someone has an argument you guys missed? That could change the whole issue? They aren't allowed to influence it in any way...

Noone else may interfere it is between the two of them, they can seek advice outside the thread. Once the debate starts though that's it closed.

King Kandy
i'm talking about the aftermath of the debate.

pantysniffer
i'm talking about the aftermath of the debate.

It will have been judged it's about how they perform in that debate.

smile

rock

King Kandy
But the purpose of this is to close debating on the issue, correct?

What if a killer argument surfaces after the debate?

pantysniffer
But the purpose of this is to close debating on the issue, correct?

What if a killer argument surfaces after the debate?

It won't, they can issue another challenge if they want. I doubt though after one loses they will wish to. smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by pantysniffer
Noone else may interfere it is between the two of them, they can seek advice outside the thread. Once the debate starts though that's it closed.

Precisely.

KK. This thread is more of a closure between mine and MrM's ongoing essay war, something he falsely claims to have won consistently despite me consistently bringing points up on each of the issues which Mr Master couldnt answer. Points which got covered up by a barrage of off topic out of context scans of Phoenix getting stomped.

Theres nothing stopping the debate going on outside of the thread. Any queries people have about anything brought up here can be handled outside the thread. What this does is stop Mr Master specifically from talking trash anymore.

Scoobless
GS .... no-one cares.

erm

King Kandy
Actualy, I can name at least five people who care.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Scoobless
GS .... no-one cares.

erm

Handled by KK. There are people who care. My inbox is testament to that. As are the various threads that have been raging over the last year. Youre one voice and while there might be others who share your view. Dont presume to speak for the forum. erm

Scoobless
Actualy, I can name at least five people who care.

Really? ... wow .... it all just seemed so pointless to me.

Who?

King Kandy
Well...

Pantysniffer
GS
Mr. M
Me
Leonidas? (Maybe)
Manastroman

pantysniffer
GS .... no-one cares.

erm

You cared enough to post. smile

Didn't you?

smile

Scoobless
You cared enough to post. smile

Didn't you?

smile

I'll post about anything.

How long 'til you get banned this time?

smile

pantysniffer
I'll post about anything.

So I have observed

How long 'til you get banned this time?

smile

Are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night?

Who can tell.

Shouldn't you be out. Tonight is Hogfathers eve or something isn't it?

smile

Beta Ray Howard
GS .... no-one cares.

erm

Cosign.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Cosign.

Dont let PS's comments in another thread lead you to come up in here and be insulting to me Thunderstrike. smile

pantysniffer
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Dont let PS's comments in another thread lead you to come up in here and be insulting to me Thunderstrike. smile

Lol classic laughing

Newjak
This is a good idea kind of a battle arena type deal but for sake of having to read through a million pages I would make this the challenge/Discussion thread and when people are ready to debate make a completely seperate thread for them

For instance if Mr. Master accepts GS's challenge then make a thread titled Galactic Storm Vs Mr. Master.

Otherwise like I said if this picks up after three or four matches this is gonna become very jumbled if you have everyone in here.

pantysniffer
Originally posted by Newjak
This is a good idea kind of a battle arena type deal but for sake of having to read through a million pages I would make this the challenge/Discussion thread and when people are ready to debate make a completely seperate thread for them

For instance if Mr. Master accepts GS's challenge then make a thread titled Galactic Storm Vs Mr. Master.

Otherwise like I said if this picks up after three or four matches this is gonna become very jumbled if you have everyone in here.

It's closed though to every one but them once the thread starts. Although your idea is better young Bartender.

Newjak
It's closed though to every one but them once the thread starts. Although your idea is better young Bartender. Yeah but trust me most people and especially someone who is just glancing through won't be able to help themselves but post in a battle that is supposed to be between two different people.

With them beinga seperate thread where you can redefine the rules everytime in the begining it will most likely help cut back on it plus the one thread won't become a mess where there is a new judge every few moments.

Oh and thanks for the compliment man and if you would say need any help with getting this started I actually think this is a good idea.

Ichigo66666

Atleast people care about him. smile

pantysniffer
Yeah but trust me most people and especially someone who is just glancing through won't be able to help themselves but post in a battle that is supposed to be between two different people.

With them beinga seperate thread where you can redefine the rules everytime in the begining it will most likely help cut back on it plus the one thread won't become a mess where there is a new judge every few moments.

Oh and thanks for the compliment man and if you would say need any help with getting this started I actually think this is a good idea.

Good stuff Newjak. I probably won't be around to actually so anthing with the thread laughing Speak to GS about it wink

Newjak
Good stuff Newjak. I probably won't be around to actually so anthing with the thread laughing Speak to GS about it wink I see how it is post and leave the thread alone stick out tongue

So if you wouldn't be running this thing would you mind if I kind of took it over big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
Atleast people care about him. smile

Who? confused A handful of avatars and sigs? erm

I'm quite satisfied with my friends and family in the real world. laughing out loud

pantysniffer
I see how it is post and leave the thread alone stick out tongue

So if you wouldn't be running this thing would you mind if I kind of took it over big grin

No problem at all Newjak.

smile

Ichigo66666

I'm quite satisfied with my friends and family in the real world. laughing out loud

No, they are still real people.

I'm sure Fred the Sock Puppet still entertains you. smile

pantysniffer

Another Classic GS smile The avatars and sigs that care are probably socks. I notice it's not being denied by itchykoo now. smile

Newjak
No problem at all Newjak.

smile Sweet I get to run the challenge thread sweet. stick out tongue

Ichigo66666
Another Classic GS smile The avatars and sigs that care are probably socks. I notice it's not being denied by itchykoo now. smile

Do you like bumming GS or something? You are 5ft up his arse.

Who the f*ck would I be a sock of?

pantysniffer
Do you like bumming GS or something? You are 5ft up his arse.

Who the f*ck would I be a sock of?

Jealous..... I can tell, but trust me GS and I don't swing that way. If you're cruising for some arse I suggest you visit a gay forum, not that it makes anyone into that sort of thing bad. Whatever floats your and anyone else into "bummings" boat.

smile

rock

NiņoAraņa
this is so gonna get closed.....it has good intentions (which is debatable), but still gonna get closed most likely.

pantysniffer

guy222
There is unfinished business on this forum. This is the thread to issue an official challenge and set out your criteria.

One argument at a time.

When two protagonists debate nobody may enter this thread till the posters have made 10 posts each. Then agreed Judges mutually agreed by the two posters concerned may either suggest a continued argument or judge the debate over and proclaim a winner. Individual challengers may on the issue of a challenge set the additional criteria they wish. This can be modified if the individual challenged accepts the proclamation.

I like to do it
Use my meager knowledge wink

SpunkySmurph
Well, I was thinking along the same lines as Newjak. We should make seperate threads for the individual grudge matches, and this should simply be where challenges are issued.

That way we won't have to wait around for Mr.M to show up before another challenge is issued.

For instance, I know how many of you have grudges with me. shifty Come on, admit it. You're all just jealous.

no expression

(Though, for GS and Mr.M, we COULD just bump the old thread)

Newjak
I just redid the thread into the KMC Battle Arean checkit out and tell me what you think guys

pantysniffer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, I was thinking along the same lines as Newjak. We should make seperate threads for the individual grudge matches, and this should simply be where challenges are issued.

That way we won't have to wait around for Mr.M to show up before another challenge is issued.

For instance, I know how many of you have grudges with me. shifty Come on, admit it. You're all just jealous.

no expression

(Though, for GS and Mr.M, we COULD just bump the old thread)

No, it needs to be a new thread.

I would say spunky you seem to be O.K. but you get your comics online from the source, right?

That would have to rule you out now wouldn't it?

People like Jrodslam, Manjaro, Avalon, Zephrocarnelian and Juntai would be better bets imo, as they do there on thing and don't really cspend time in groups.

smile

SpunkySmurph
No, it needs to be a new thread.

I would say spunky you seem to be O.K. but you get your comics online from the source, right?

That would have to rule you out now wouldn't it?

People like Jrodslam, Manjaro, Avalon, Zephrocarnelian and Juntai would be better bets imo, as they do there on thing and don't really cspend time in groups.

smile

I know. But I think the different mathces should have their own threads.

And I was just kidding about me. I wasn't intending on participating. I can't think of someone who would have a reason to challenge me. After all, who has a grudge with me? no expression

shifty

pantysniffer
I know. But I think the different mathces should have their own threads.

And I was just kidding about me. I wasn't intending on participating. I can't think of someone who would have a reason to challenge me. After all, who has a grudge with me? no expression

shifty

I wouldn't know who has a grudge against you. You don't seem to have been a member long so who knows and I have only just joined so....

You tell me.

smile

SpunkySmurph
I wouldn't know who has a grudge against you. You don't seem to have been a member long so who knows and I have only just joined so....

You tell me.

smile

Of course you just joined. How foolish of me. smile

Besides, it's not my fault.

I'm just so damn likeable.

Or, to everybody who that excludes, ignorable. no expression

I think... confused

pantysniffer
Of course you just joined. How foolish of me. smile

smile

Besides, it's not my fault.

I'm just so damn likeable.

Or, to everybody who that excludes, ignorable. no expression

I think... confused

Thats the thing about thinking spunky, it can hurt. smile

SpunkySmurph

Thats the thing about thinking spunky, it can hurt. smile

Then why are you still smiling? no expression

pantysniffer
Then why are you still smiling? no expression

laughing Because pain can be pleasure........

smile

rock

SpunkySmurph
laughing Because pain can be pleasure........

smile

rock

laughing

You enjoy being something of a legend around here, huh?

I probably would too. Though, it's interesting to respond when I don't know if you'll be banned by the time I finish.

pantysniffer
laughing

You enjoy being something of a legend around here, huh?

I probably would too. Though, it's interesting to respond when I don't know if you'll be banned by the time I finish.

Am I a Legend really, i don't think I really am.

pantysniffer
smile

pantysniffer
smile

SpunkySmurph
Am I a Legend really, i don't think I really am.

Actually, it wasn't until Judge came along. He was so obsessed with Whirly that suddenly all the new members started wondering who... he... was. And things like 'Stay Whirly' were copied, and old members started remembering... him.

pantysniffer
Actually, it wasn't until Judge came along. He was so obsessed with Whirly that suddenly all the new members started wondering who... he... was. And things like 'Stay Whirly' were copied, and old members started remembering... him.

Really well I have Marcus to thank fo that although.

I certainly don't consider myself a legend no matter how many respect threads to my various bans here exist on different forums.

Although it's nice to be remembered.

smile

SpunkySmurph
Do Whirly's accounts usually last as long as say... Dec. 2nd to the 31st?

pantysniffer
Do Whirly's accounts usually last as long as say... Dec. 2nd to the 31st?

Sometimes much, much, much longer, I have ones on here I prepared long before I was banned. Some I have forgotten the passwords and names of.

smile

SpunkySmurph
Sometimes much, much, much longer, I have ones on here I prepared long before I was banned. Some I have forgotten the passwords and names of.

smile

laughing

You're a real mastermind, huh? The Super-Villain of KMC Comics, if we ever had one. laughing

All the socks people see are 13 year old posters who got banned in the first place for idiocy. I guess maybe thats 'cause the others are smart enough not to get caught. Beta Ray Howard WAS doing pretty good. I remember somebody nominating him for 'best up and coming poster' back when we had the KMC Comics Poster Awards

Soljer
laughing

You're a real mastermind, huh? The Super-Villain of KMC Comics, if we ever had one. laughing

All the socks people see are 13 year old posters who got banned in the first place for idiocy. I guess maybe thats 'cause the others are smart enough not to get caught. Beta Ray Howard WAS doing pretty good. I remember somebody nominating him for 'best up and coming poster' back when we had the KMC Comics Poster Awards

Super Villain? Not quite. Whirly isn't malicious. He's really a pretty good poster - I mean, look at the few threads he actually debated in.

juggernaut66666
They cant be members who have been shown to have been insulting to either participant in recent Phoenix threads.
Who hasn't insulted a Phoenix thread yet?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Who hasn't insulted a Phoenix thread yet?

Credible, objective members which is why your ass doesnt meet the challenge threads criteria. erm

juggernaut66666
Credible, objective members which is why your ass doesnt meet the challenge threads criteria. erm
Oh so I'm not an "objective" member because I spam your lame comments about Phoenix? I guess then half of the members here aren't "objective".

Ichigo66666

Oh and your really a credible member of society.

King Kandy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Oh so I'm not an "objective" member because I spam your lame comments about Phoenix? I guess then half of the members here aren't "objective".
Well, that is infact, entirely accurate...

GalacticStorm
Well, that is infact, entirely accurate...

laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Oh and your really a credible member of society.

This kind of bias and immaturity illustrates perfectly why you also will not be a part of this upcoming thread, but also why the criteria for becoming a judge is present in the first place erm

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
I like to do it
Use my meager knowledge wink

use 30 years experience in comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.