A City Vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NiņoAraņa
This is a city of normal folks (no powers at all!) about the size of my town, which is about 10,000 people. they have all items available to normal folks (handguns, knives, all that good stuff) but none too over-the-top (rocket launchers, flamethrowers, this isn't GTA stick out tongue ). which superhero (either DC or Marvel) can they take down?

1) no powers
2) some powers
3) "full packaged" hero
4) superhero group (aka Avengers, JLA, or whatever)

Discuss!

NiņoAraņa
anyone?

Madvillain
okay

non-powered heroes? the list is too long to mention.

some powers? again, there is also a long list. 10,000 people with semi-automatic weapons is enough to kill anyone at around Sabertooth and Captain America level. S.H.I.E.L.D, although not made up of ordinary civilians has taken down heroes...i'd say 10,000 people would be equivalent of about 1,000 S.H.I.E.L.D agents.

full-package hero? someone like Spider-Man, or someone like Iron Man? Because I know that not even Spider-Man is dodging all those bullets. Anyone Hulk-Level and above isn't getting stopped. That included characters like Iron Man.

super-hero groups? Young Avengers? Runaways? There are a couple X-Men teams that also go down here.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Madvillain
okay

non-powered heroes? the list is too long to mention.

some powers? again, there is also a long list. 10,000 people with semi-automatic weapons is enough to kill anyone at around Sabertooth and Captain America level. S.H.I.E.L.D, although not made up of ordinary civilians has taken down heroes...i'd say 10,000 people would be equivalent of about 1,000 S.H.I.E.L.D agents.

full-package hero? someone like Spider-Man, or someone like Iron Man? Because I know that not even Spider-Man is dodging all those bullets. Anyone Hulk-Level and above isn't getting stopped. That included characters like Iron Man.

super-hero groups? Young Avengers? Runaways? There are a couple X-Men teams that also go down here. agreed on most points, but you don't think that there folks could take down IM?

Madvillain
isnt the IM suit bulletproof? and he'd simply just emmit sonics to deafen the entire crowd...

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Madvillain
isnt the IM suit bulletproof? and he'd simply just emmit sonics to deafen the entire crowd... riiight, how do you think is the "weakest" this City can beat?

Symmetric Chaos
most superheros (powers or not) have the capacity to destroy or cripple an entire city

in fact I can't presently think of any that couldn't do it

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
most superheros (powers or not) have the capacity to destroy or cripple an entire city

in fact I can't presently think of any that couldn't do it

here's a "small" list

1) Batman, Nightwing, Karate Kid, Punisher, and a hell of alot others.
2) Spider-man, Beast-Boy, Ant-man, Wasp, Puma, Blackcat, Goliath, and a quite a few others
3) Green Goblin (with 10,000 people, SOMEONE is gonna tag him), not sure who else
4)runaways (not sure about them) and young avengers
All with no prep, and i can't think of more cus i have a very drowsy headache lol

tjcoady
not everyone in the city has an automatic... how many people do you actually know who own guns? Plus guys like the Punisher or Batman wouldn't go attack each individual person... they would set traps, disable power, plant bombs, things like that, if they actually wanted to kill everyone in the city.

but ordinary people don't really get much respect in comics. if 10,000 people were trying to kill you, it would be hard for heroes without some intense powers to win.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by tjcoady
not everyone in the city has an automatic... how many people do you actually know who own guns? Plus guys like the Punisher or Batman wouldn't go attack each individual person... they would set traps, disable power, plant bombs, things like that, if they actually wanted to kill everyone in the city.

but ordinary people don't really get much respect in comics. if 10,000 people were trying to kill you, it would be hard for heroes without some intense powers to win. this may be reflected because of the area i live in but 90% of the adults i know own guns no expression and at least 50% of those practice with them and know how to use them well....plus there is no prep for each side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.