Kasumi and Ayane vs Jin and Asuka Kazama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Mugen Tenshin Hajin Mon Ninjitsu vs Traditional Karate and Kazama-ryu Kobujutsu.

Jin has to fight Ayane whereas Kasumi will deal with Asuka.

Stage: Moonlit Wilderness

Cloud_VII
Toast is pretty good

Nikkolas
Asuka sucks. Stop using her. Jun was a hell of a lot cooler andd a much better character.

Tekken 2 > Tekken 5.

Emperor Ashtar
Jin sucks. . .

Nikkolas
Jin single-handedly defeated the God of Fight in Tekken 3. His ending had him being double-crossed and taking a shot straight between the eyes, then getting up uneffected and tossing Heihachi through a wall before escaping. He was pretty awesome.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Jin single-handedly defeated the God of Fight in Tekken 3. His ending had him being double-crossed and taking a shot straight between the eyes, then getting up uneffected and tossing Heihachi through a wall before escaping. He was pretty awesome.

That's because he used his devil gene and jobbed ogre, he sucks nonetheless.

Nikkolas
Don't you watch any sort of anime or read stories or play RPGs? How many heroes are the best, most trained beings in teh world? Slim to none. They are usually young, fairly inexperienced persons when compared with the beings or people they fight against. They win nonetheless. It's the story. Liu Kang is nothing but an Earthling, a Shaolin Monk who nho still defeated a sorcerer, a four-armed Shokan Prince, an immortal tyrant and a fallen Elder God. Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears...they're all specs compared to the knowledge and power amassed by their foes. Yet they still trimph.

Jin's entire purpose is that he is a prodigy. Born of the corrupt yet powerful Mishima blood, cursed with the DeviL Gene and yet armed with the spiritual puirty of the Kazamas, he is destined to be the strongest.

Emperor Ashtar
Don't you watch any sort of anime or read stories or play RPGs? How many heroes are the best, most trained beings in teh world? Slim to none. They are usually young, fairly inexperienced persons when compared with the beings or people they fight against. They win nonetheless.

You can't compare an RPG to a fighting game in terms of plot since they get stronger throughout their respective quest. And, once you beat the game, their journey usually ends right there. Fighting game characters usually have to go through multiple games inorder to complete there quest and win.

It's the story. Liu Kang is nothing but an Earthling, a Shaolin Monk who nho still defeated a sorcerer, a four-armed Shokan Prince, an immortal tyrant and a fallen Elder God. Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears...they're all specs compared to the knowledge and power amassed by their foes. Yet they still trimph.

-Fei is an Rpg character and has help from tgears and his friends, not to mention the fact he has a special power.

-Liu kang is dead...

-Inuyasah has multiple plot devices on his side, and he struggles.

Jin's entire purpose is that he is a prodigy. Born of the corrupt yet powerful Mishima blood, cursed with the DeviL Gene and yet armed with the spiritual puirty of the Kazamas, he is destined to be the strongest.

Not my problem, he still sucks. I hate characters that are naturall beter, stronger, and more powerful due to some lame ass destiny. Bottomline, jin sucks.

Nikkolas
He made it through 4 games and in those 4 games he beat the list I posted. He's only human and he still managed to take down beings about 10 levels higher than human beings.

Then hate Kazuya. He was nothing but a brat who got thrown off a cliff, had his Devil Gene activate and climbed back up. He had some more training (unspecified how much - only that he was undefeated except for a draw with Paul Phoenix) and yet he still beat his father, who would also have vastly more skill and experience than he at this point.

The fact is, the story is the story. Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 laid the groundwork for Jin to be brought into the story and to be the main protagonist He was trained by his mother and then by his father. Both of them are highly competent and powerful warriors in their own right. Never underestimate the drive for revenge which is definitely what drove Jin in both Tekken 3 and Tekken 4.

Emperor Ashtar
He made it through 4 games and in those 4 games he beat the list I posted. He's only human and he still managed to take down beings about 10 levels higher than human beings.
I don't really care, I never liked liu kang nor do i care about MK. . .

Then hate Kazuya. He was nothing but a brat who got thrown off a cliff, had his Devil Gene activate and climbed back up. He had some more training (unspecified how much - only that he was undefeated except for a draw with Paul Phoenix) and yet he still beat his father, who would also have vastly more skill and experience than he at this point.

But, that's reasonable, how long did it take him to finally beat his father? how much training and fighting versus lameass jin with his 5 years of experience, no I hate jin. Infact jin is the one that introduced the devil gene into the plot, I hate him more now. Prior to jin, kazuya was just possesed by the devil.

EDIT: Kazuya lost to heiachi in the end, though. Jin however, beat heiachi and kazuya.

The fact is, the story is the story. Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 laid the groundwork for Jin to be brought into the story and to be the main protagonist.

He still sucks

Nikkolas
At least we KNOW how much training Jin got. All we got is vague descriptions of Kazuya being "undefeated". He could have fought 4 times for all we know. And being possessed by the Devil is pretty lame. If you want to keep Tekken's story completely 2D and and lame, that's fine. But for other people who just don't think that being possessed by the Devil is in any way innovative or interesting, the Devil Gene added more meat to the storyline.

We all have our opinions. He had a good story and that's all you need in a hero, really.

Emperor Ashtar
At least we KNOW how much training Jin got. All we got is vague descriptions of Kazuya being "undefeated". He could have fought 4 times for all we know.

So, from the time he was a kid, until he became an adult he fought 4 times?

And being possessed by the Devil is pretty lame. If you want to keep Tekken's story completely 2D and and lame, that's fine. But for other people who just don't think that being possessed by the Devil is in any way innovative or interesting, the Devil Gene added more meat to the storyline.

What's innovative about a Devil Gene?

We all have our opinions. He had a good story and that's all you need in a hero, really.

No, he doesn't he just jobbs good fighters, and is a really lame character. Poorly written as well; He sucks.

Superboy Prime
Don't you watch any sort of anime or read stories or play RPGs? How many heroes are the best, most trained beings in teh world? Slim to none. They are usually young, fairly inexperienced persons when compared with the beings or people they fight against. They win nonetheless. It's the story. Liu Kang is nothing but an Earthling, a Shaolin Monk who nho still defeated a sorcerer, a four-armed Shokan Prince, an immortal tyrant and a fallen Elder God. Inuyasha from Inuyasha, Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears...they're all specs compared to the knowledge and power amassed by their foes. Yet they still trimph.

I disagree with only one thing, Nikkolas and it is about Fei Fong Wong. Although I agree Grahf had more experience and knowledge than Fei you've got to remember that Fei is the true contact and as such he posesses the Power of DEUS AKA God.

Nikkolas
That's true but he had no clue of his past or power through a good bit of the game. Being the third persona with no memory of his past, he couldn't truly know or use his vast power. His realization as the Contact is no different than every other hero who eventually discovers themselves except Fei also got a massive power boost along with it.

I personally liked Id more, anyway.

Superboy Prime
Well yeah Id was power and insanity incarnate. He's 3/4 of the reason I love Xenogears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.