Storm vs. Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
I feel this thread is desperately needed.

Who wins this fight?

smile

The Weather God
why?

2damnloud
Storm

batdude123
Originally posted by The Weather God
why?

Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm

Because of that.

The Weather God
Originally posted by batdude123
Because of that.

laughing out loud 2damnloud may have a point.

batdude123
laughing out loud 2damnloud may have a point.

He's an idiot, as are you. smile

Soljer
Iceman can't flash freeze her - she has LIGHTNING in her brain!

He can't moisture invert her - she has LIGHTNING in her brain!

He can't BFR her - she has LIGHTNING in her brain!

The best he can hope for is a stalemate. shifty

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soljer

The best he can hope for is a stalemate. shifty

All I have in my brain is a tumor sad

Darth Macabre

The best he can hope for is a stalemate. shifty Stalemate? With that much lightning? As if!

Blair Wind
no expression

2damnloud
storm 5-6/10

it'd be a temperature struggle.

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

I know, my eyes began bleeding when I saw this thread made. sad.

I think I heard Baby Jesus cry when I saw the first poster allege that Storm would win.

I felt a shiver as hell froze over as someone actually suggested that Storm was powerful enough to 'struggle' with Iceman's temperature.

batdude123
I know, my eyes began bleeding when I saw this thread made. sad.

Yes, but hopefully you understand now why I made it. smile

Blair Wind
storm 5-6/10

it'd be a temperature struggle.

No. It would not. no expression

I wonder how Storm would like to have her head turned into water vapor. The water in her body turned to gas. I wonder no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Blair Wind
No. It would not. no expression

I wonder how Storm would like to have her head turned into water vapor. The water in her body turned to gas. I wonder no expression

nuh uh, she's an elemental stick out tongue

guy222
I feel this thread is desperately needed.

Who wins this fight?

smile

ororo munroe smokin'

2damnloud
Raise the ambient temp, iceman turns into water, run an electric current through the water, Water is now Oxygen and thus No more Iceman.

Or she just can create a Jovian pressure feild. I wonder what Ice man's atoms would turn into under THAT kind of pressure??

Blair Wind
Raise the ambient temp, iceman turns into water, run an electric current through the water, Water is now Oxygen and thus No more Iceman.

Or she just can create a Jovian pressure feild. I wonder what Ice man's atoms would turn into under THAT kind of pressure??

He says Freeze. She freezes.

He rips the water from her body. She dies

He turns the water in her body to gas. She dies

He turns her head into water vapor. She dies

Iceman can live as water, ice, or water vapor so he can basically exist everywhere. I wonder what a Jovian pressure field is going to do to a guy who is sitting in your body's water supply? confused

The Weather God
Originally posted by Grimm22
nuh uh, she's an elemental stick out tongue

not yet grim

Grimm22
not yet grim

It seems you do not know the meaning of sarcasm

batdude123
not yet grim

And she will never be one in a CANON comic book. smile

The Weather God
It seems you do not know the meaning of sarcasm
I do. stick out tongue

The Weather God
And she will never be one in a CANON comic book. smile

She's not at her peak but she possibly can reach it.

Grimm22

No, the only way she can become more powerful is if she becomes a herald of galactus

She cannot become any more powerful than she currently is

Darth Macabre
No, the only way she can become more powerful is if she becomes a herald of galactus

She cannot become any more powerful than she currently is No, no, no....Knowing Hudlin, she'll never become a Herald of Galactus because Galactus will be racist!

The Weather God

She cannot become any more powerful than she currently is

Say's who? Where's this proof mister.

Thought so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blair Wind
Where is yours?

Ichigo66666
Freezes every piece of water in her body. Unless she destroys every water particle, Iceman got this one.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
Freezes every piece of water in her body. Unless she destroys every water particle, Iceman got this one.

She would have to kill herself as well. She has water in her body erm

inamilist
I don't know what to say...

Beta Ray Howard

Yet she's been stated that she's at her peak.

You sir, are incorrect.

Again.

Blair, I cosign on the no expression

Beta Ray Howard
Toppy.

jrodslam
Iceman 10/10.

King Kandy
I wanted to make this thread, just never got around to it.

In any case, Iceman can take away kinetic energy, and weather is based on convection patterns.

It's a no-freaking brainer.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by King Kandy

In any case, Iceman can take away kinetic energy, and weather is based on convection patterns.

So is just about every Storm vs thread, but look how long most of them last.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
No, no, no....Knowing Hudlin, she'll never become a Herald of Galactus because Galactus will be racist!

Galactus with a giant white hood instead of a purple hat? laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Kandy
Galactus with a giant white hood instead of a purple hat? laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)
Well, he does appear similar too however is watching...

The Weather God
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Yet she's been stated that she's at her peak.

You sir, are incorrect.

Again.

Blair, I cosign on the no expression

You really need to start reading my post correctly instead of taking it in as crazy talk. The storm vs meggan thread said storm vs meggan at they're peak stages, marvel stated that her peak is the elemental form in an alternate future which hasn't happened yet.(or possibly never will) However it is still considered her peak by marvel no matter if the future was alternate. This thread is about current storm of course.

xmarksthespot
I PMed the threadstarter of that thread. All the OP meant to imply was that Meggan wouldn't be weakened by being out of Britain - a weakness she doesn't actually have. You just jumped to an unfounded conclusion because you wanted Storm to win... which she still wouldn't.

Beta Ray Howard
You really need to start reading my post correctly instead of taking it in as crazy talk. The storm vs meggan thread said storm vs meggan at they're peak stages, marvel stated that her peak is the elemental form in an alternate future which hasn't happened yet.(or possibly never will) However it is still considered her peak by marvel no matter if the future was alternate. This thread is about current storm of course.

no expression again.

Half the stuff you spout is crazy talk.

You thought that Storm > Thor

You didn't know that the Mutant X-Gene didn't surface til puberty.

You think that Storm could contain Hulk.

and the list goes on. Crazy talk seems to be your MO.

2damnloud
An interesting take on on Storm

"I think an interesting point to remember is that Thor is the son of Odin and Gaia, father sky, mother earth. Storm's true mutant power is not "controlling the weather", much like Cyclops true power is not "firing optic blasts". These are side effects (Cyclops absorbs energy/is an aperture of non-Einsteinian energy). Storm's true power is the ability to become one with the spirit of the earth, the Goddess she so often speaks of, Gaia, Thor's mother. It is through this connection that she is able to manipulate Gaia's atmosphere. She can even connect with the spiritual essence of the greater solar system or entire galactic regions. Often she says "Goddess, hear your daughter's cry, help me." and then lightning fries her opponent. This has even happened when Storm was deprived of her mutant abilities. Storm's maternal bloodline goes back to the dawn of mankind. Her people have a mystical connection to the earth Herself. The fact that she has an x-gene makes her a mutant. The fact that she becomes an instrument of the earth for the sake of Her people makes her a goddess. Gods need not be immortal or all powerful, a monotheistic God tends to be all powerful and never ending, but the pantheon of gods and goddesses that people have come to know over the ages, which are specific aspects of the ALL GOD, need not. Storm's grace and connection with the environment certainly qualify her to be a goddess in my mind."

Bentley
Originally posted by King Kandy

Dude, I hate it that you always say stuff about kinetic energy, he slows molecules thats right, but you make it sound as if Iceman used the speedforce or stuff, his powers are still hindered by heat, that oposes his freezing ability, thats far from plainly stopping molecules.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Bentley
Dude, I hate it that you always say stuff about kinetic energy, he slows molecules thats right, but you make it sound as if Iceman used the speedforce or stuff, his powers are still hindered by heat, that oposes his freezing ability, thats far from plainly stopping molecules. You haven't read X-Men 193 if you think heat's a problem.

The Weather God
no expression again.

Half the stuff you spout is crazy talk.

Really let's see what ya got for me. wink

You thought that Storm > Thor

Wrong that wasn't me, please bring me a post of me saying it because that is flat out a big fat lie out of your mouth.

You didn't know that the Mutant X-Gene didn't surface til puberty.

I already explained the case with that, when i said grim was wrong we were on the subject of something else.

You think that Storm could contain Hulk.

Yet again your wrong, if you read through the entire topic i never stated one time that storm could beat him, all i said was storm could block his thunderclap and you took it way too far from there. By hulk using air pressure in the clap itself there is no way air pressure would be able to go though an air pressure shield created of air pressure by a women who is mastered with it.

and the list goes on. Crazy talk seems to be your MO.

There was no list to begin with in the first place, i believe it was you the whole time delousional.

The Weather God
An interesting take on on Storm

"I think an interesting point to remember is that Thor is the son of Odin and Gaia, father sky, mother earth. Storm's true mutant power is not "controlling the weather", much like Cyclops true power is not "firing optic blasts". These are side effects (Cyclops absorbs energy/is an aperture of non-Einsteinian energy). Storm's true power is the ability to become one with the spirit of the earth, the Goddess she so often speaks of, Gaia, Thor's mother. It is through this connection that she is able to manipulate Gaia's atmosphere. She can even connect with the spiritual essence of the greater solar system or entire galactic regions. Often she says "Goddess, hear your daughter's cry, help me." and then lightning fries her opponent. This has even happened when Storm was deprived of her mutant abilities. Storm's maternal bloodline goes back to the dawn of mankind. Her people have a mystical connection to the earth Herself. The fact that she has an x-gene makes her a mutant. The fact that she becomes an instrument of the earth for the sake of Her people makes her a goddess. Gods need not be immortal or all powerful, a monotheistic God tends to be all powerful and never ending, but the pantheon of gods and goddesses that people have come to know over the ages, which are specific aspects of the ALL GOD, need not. Storm's grace and connection with the environment certainly qualify her to be a goddess in my mind."

Interesting 2D where did you find this?

Blair Wind
no expression I can play the interesting take game:

Bobby Drake could be, potentially, one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Look at his power. People say "Ooh! He makes ice." Or now, "Ooh, he turns himself into ice!"

But let's step back. Basic physics says that there's no such thing as "cold", as a quantative energy form. Only degrees of heat. "Cold" is a relative term, requiring a difference between the observed target and the temperature of the observer. Example: I'm standing in my office, at a nice 73 degrees. The cabbie outside is standing on the street, shivering in 40 degrees. To me, he is cold. Whereas if I were buried in snow (great shades of this past weekend) at around 20 degrees, I'd consider him pretty warm.

Right then, we've established that there's no such energy form as "cold". So, Bobby doesn't generate cold to form his ice, and he doesn't generate the moisture himself (imagine how quickly he'd be dehydrated). Therefore, he forms his ice structures from the ambient moisture in the environment around him. To do this, he causes the moisture to freeze.

But how? We know he doesn't "project cold", so then he must absorb or dissipate the heat. By the laws of thermodynamics, energy is constant, it cannot be created or destroyed. However, let's go to another scientific principle. Heat is a measurement of the internal kinetic energy of an object. The more those atoms and molecules are buzzing around, the hotter it is.

What Bobby Drake does, as I see it, is project a field that inhibits the motion of those particles (herein referred to as Brownian Motion) thus dropping the temperature and freezing the moisture.

However, the amount of water vapor in any given area is not consistent with the large stunts Bobby regularly pulls off (re: ice slides, ice walls, etc). If he were to coalesce that much water vapor in one place and freeze it, the humidity all along the Eastern Seaboard would drop dramatically, we'd have wildcat lightning storms all over the place, cats and dogs living together, it would be anarchy, you see my point.

So that extra frozen mass has to come from somewhere. Remember that water vapor isn't the only thing in the air. You have a mixture of all sorts of gases. One of the most prominent of these is carbon dioxide. Compared to the other prominent gases in our atmosphere (nitrogen, the most common, and oxygen), carbon dioxide has a relatively high temperature (although still incredibly low) at which it becomes solid. It is my theory that the most part of Bobby's ice structures are composed of frozen carbon dioxide, or "dry ice". This would also explain why Manhattan isn't flooded every time his ice slides melt, since most of it sublimes back into gaseous carbon dioxide.

So, what Bobby does is inhibit the Brownian Motion of objects. He can do this so quickly that there is no expansion of the target's water content, as was seen when he flash-froze Legion completely. Had he merely frozen all the moisture in Legion's body, well... put an unopened can of soda in the freezer sometime. Wait a few days. Watch the results. Legion would be a messy red chunk when he thawed.

Bobby is an incredibly powerful cryokinetic. But that's not the only extent to his powers. Since Mikhail's fiddling, he can transform his entire body into a water-based organism. In his form of homogenous ice, his thought processes go on, even though water is a MUCH less efficient conductor than neurons in the human brain. Basically, Bobby converts all the molecules of his body into water, and freezes and molds it as he moves. He has the capability to assume a completely liquid form (as Emma Frost did when in control of his body) as well as the potential ability to 'teleport' by zapping his consciousness through water vapor in the atmosphere, reforming at his desired location. In AOA, this was referred to as "moisture inversion". And through all this, he retains the ability to resume human form. He has been blown up in human form and transformed into steam. He was also absorbed by a fire user who fed his flames with the things surrounding him, and Iceman inhibited his body, then expanded outwards, killing the firestarter. He then went on to be teleported inside a wall, and survived the explosion. So long as there is one piece of his consciousness around, he can survive.

Canonically, we've heard it referred to multiple times that Bobby hasn't realized his full potential. Imagine what he could do with realization and training.

* Create a 'giant' ice form with corresponding strength and stability.
* Create and animate multiple ice forms.
* Coalesce all the water vapor in an area into a superdense solid, dropping the humidity rapidly, resulting in chaotic weather effects, mass electrical storms, etc.
* Acting as a catalyst for superconducting machinery (we've already seen him do this).
* Siphon all the water from a persons body
* Inhibit another persons water supply
* Transmute the water in a persons body into gas

Soljer
But....

Storm'z gots deh lightninz in da braain!!!11

2damnloud
Storm wins.

She can remove the ambient moisture in the air.

She can seperate the water molecules and make oxygen(electrolysis), thus no more Iceman.

I found out you can electrify Ice too.

And yes, she has "lightning in her brain". It goes with her contol over the EM spectrum fostered by her Elemental munipulating abilities. it allows her to channel, redirect, and control a BOUNTIFUL amount of different energies with limitations.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't think any amount of freezing or typical kinetic stuff will work on storm. her body seems to be immune to any type of slowing effects or "de energizing" per say. But a nice sharp Ice beam to the chest should impale her nicely.

2damnloud
Pressure dome goes up or she can Dodge it.

Her best bet would be to trap/isolate/centralize Iceman in a pressure feild and raise humidity or heat and cause him to turn into water and then perform electrolysis so he can no longer BE water, but oxygen.

A super-heated tropic vortex could work in conjuction with rmoving most of the ambient moiture in the air.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Pressure dome goes up or she can Dodge it.

Her best bet would be to trap/isolate/centralize Iceman in a pressure feild and raise humidity or heat and cause him to turn into water and then perform electrolysis so he can no longer BE water, but oxygen.

A super-heated tropic vortex could work in conjuction with rmoving most of the ambient moiture in the air.

LOL. ALl of that won't do a bit of good to someone who can just transfer thier concious into your eye. Storm is outclasses here in terms of her options. Her power may be great, but her options are severly limited.

Blair Wind
He got blown up. In human form. He survived. no expression

He got literally absorbed and fed someones fire powers. He killed the guy from the inside out no expression

He can turn the water in her body into gas, or just tear it our instantly dehydrating her.

I'd go into more details as to how Iceman wins, but I'm tired. Maybe over Spring Break.

psycho gundam
lightning bolt=brain death. game over

Blair Wind
No. Just no no expression

psycho gundam
um yur kidding right
storm isn't capable of feeling cold, she zaps bobby a new one

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
um yur kidding right
storm isn't capable of feeling cold, she zaps bobby a new one

ANd exactly how do you zap a concsious a new one? So if he's in her eye, what does she do then when he's slicing her eye balls open from the inside as a miniature iceman. she may be immune to cold, but she isn't immune to being impaled and cut. while he is immune to every single thing she can do. You have to be a top tier telepath or reality/matter manip to beat him. or have some powerful magical mojo.

psycho gundam
iceman isnt that cool(pun INTENDED!)

nvrbeenwthagirl
iceman isnt that cool(pun INTENDED!)

confused laughing You do realize the Iceman can freeze abstract beings and is an omega mutant? He can send his mind into any water, liquid, vapor or ice. storm is ****ed. Iceman's body is what ever form of water he chooses to inhabit. There is nothing she can do to him.

psycho gundam
"lightning remove this block of ice from my sight, your mistress commands you" (he is now vapour) she then forms a hurricane and we dont see iceman untill 2099

Metalmanx
The sad thing is...some truly believe Storm wins. no

Iceman for the win. Everytime. yes

psycho gundam
how!!
ICEMAN?!? dude?!?

Metalmanx
I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

TricksterPriest
I think he is serious. erm He thinks Maestro can beat Doomdsay, easily..........nosweat

psycho gundam
didn't say that at all.
i think sue storm could defeat dd(exitar "died"wink

Symmetric Chaos
how!!
ICEMAN?!? dude?!?

Drop her body to .01 Kelvin.

Soljer
how!!
ICEMAN?!? dude?!?

Have you read anything with Iceman in it lately? He's not about snowballs anymore.

Iceman can:

*survive in ANY moisture, without any sort of physical from to attack.

No physical form = no brain = no knock out.

*even exist in the water INSIDE people's bodies.

Tell me, how is Storm going to destroy the water inside her own body?

*exist in EVERY droplet of moisture on the planet. As a part of everything. Water, ice, and vapor. Simultaneously.

*freeze...well..ANYTHING. Including a ship that was made out of CELESTIAL technology, and FRIGGIN BEAMS OF HEAT. If Iceman can freeze a beam of heat, he'd likely be able to freeze a god damned lightning bolt.

Though that would look odd.

*remove all the water from someone's body, thus leaving them immediately dehydrated, withered, and dead.

*use this nifty little trick known as moisture inversion, wherein he turns someone's body into water. He could simply invert Ororo and then BFR her, or only invert her head, and leave her a headless corpse, or decide to be malicious and slowly invert parts of her body to cause her immense pain. If he felt like it.

*make ice constructs. If he really wanted to, Iceman could sit in the upper atmosphere, totally undetectable, and simply make ice constructs that could batter storm all day long. She'd likely be able to do NOTHING to the constructs, much less Iceman's consciousness, sitting ten miles above her.

2damnloud
By your summation Soljer, Iceman is OMNIPRESENT.laughing

She can remove all the ambient moisture in the air.

She can perform electrolysis on Iceman in water or vapor form creating oxygen.

He goes to freeze her blood psionically, she just emersere herself in the heat of an electric feild via lightning, or just draws heat from the Earth ITSELF.

Storm can surround Iceman in a Jovian pressure feild, or any Air realted feild to contain him in ANY form, he can't escape it. She can then run an electric current through said form, breaking the bonds of Hydrogen and Oxygen making pure Oxygen out of Iceman.

I don't think Iceman can survive as pure Oxygen, only as water vapor.

Absolute Zero can never be reached ANYWHERE. Him freezing lightning his something stupid a buncha geek-ass writers came up with much like Magneto's Hemoglobin.

As long as there are moving particles, there will be NO absolute zero.

Lightning moves at over 60,000 miles a sec and is hotter than the surface of the sun.

In oreder to FREEZE it, you would have to CATCH itlaughing, then PAUSE ITlaughing, and then stop each and every electronlaughing, its STUPID.

Soljer

Let me explain this to you, dipshit. I need not rely on maybes, perhapses or what ifs. I don't need to consider the possibility that Iceman MAY at SOME POINT become some cosmic god.

He has shown, ON PANEL, that he can exist in every droplet of water on the planet.

He has shown, ON PANEL, that he can exist within the bodies of his foes.

He has shown, ON PANEL, the capability to drop things to absolute zero. To stop molecular motion. And to freeze heat itself.

Don't like it? Write marvel. It's a comic. It need not be realistic.

And if you are arguing that Storm's control of the ambient moisture is greater than Iceman's, then you seriously just need to 'Gee Tee Eff Oh.'

Because, honestly? Even if you suppose storm could perform electrolysis - how is she going to find iceman? His water molecules are COMPLETELY indistinguishable from normal water molecules.

Even if you suppose that Storm can remove the ambient moisture in the air, how is she going to remove the moisture in her body?

Surrounding him in a pressure field will do N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Consciousnesses aren't restricted by physical pressures.

Iceman >>>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Magento >>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Exodus >>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Galactus sure as **** >>>>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Go masturbate, put your storm-fueled hard on away, and come back with a sensible disposition.

psycho gundam
iceman sounds like he is being written by dc now.
soon he will be freezing mjolnir or cosmic energy too.

psycho gundam
imagine, surtur defeated by iceman

jrodslam
iceman sounds like he is being written by dc now.
soon he will be freezing mjolnir or cosmic energy too.

Iceman HAS frozen cosmic energy before. Strangers energy beams.

Iceman ftw.

psycho gundam
i just vomited my internal organs out.

2damnloud

Let me explain this to you, dipshit. I need not rely on maybes, perhapses or what ifs. I don't need to consider the possibility that Iceman MAY at SOME POINT become some cosmic god.

He has shown, ON PANEL, that he can exist in every droplet of water on the planet.

He has shown, ON PANEL, that he can exist within the bodies of his foes.

He has shown, ON PANEL, the capability to drop things to absolute zero. To stop molecular motion. And to freeze heat itself.

Don't like it? Write marvel. It's a comic. It need not be realistic.

And if you are arguing that Storm's control of the ambient moisture is greater than Iceman's, then you seriously just need to 'Gee Tee Eff Oh.'

Because, honestly? Even if you suppose storm could perform electrolysis - how is she going to find iceman? His water molecules are COMPLETELY indistinguishable from normal water molecules.

Even if you suppose that Storm can remove the ambient moisture in the air, how is she going to remove the moisture in her body?

Surrounding him in a pressure field will do N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Consciousnesses aren't restricted by physical pressures.

Iceman >>>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Magento >>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Exodus >>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Galactus sure as **** >>>>>>>>>>> Storm. erm.

Go masturbate, put your storm-fueled hard on away, and come back with a sensible disposition.

You just CAAAN'T take Iceman's Popsicle and snowballs outta your mouth huh??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm ftw eek!

nvrbeenwthagirl
You just CAAAN'T take Iceman's Popsicle and snowballs outta your mouth huh??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm ftw eek!
How can she beat him when he has no corpreal form?

Soljer

Storm ftw eek!

And, that's really all you've got to argue with. erm Petty insults and a declaration of "I'm right, you're wrong."

You know that Iceman would curbstomp Storm. You know that she can't do a damned thing to him. Your only recourse is 'Storm ftw.'

roll eyes (sarcastic)

2damnloud
Nope, Storm whips up winds hurling Iceman into space.

Fight ends.

Before you talk about insults, you should not call people "dipshits" when they don't agree with what you say.laughing

don't shiv
Iceman can't do jack to Ororo in full energy form sweetie

Soljer
Nope, Storm whips up winds hurling Iceman into space.

Fight ends.

Before you talk about insults, you should not call people "dipshits" when they don't agree with what you say.laughing

Who on this forum would disagree with me? confused

Besides that, I'd like to see storm's winds 'whip' every droplet of water on the planet into space. no expression.

I'd like to see Storm's winds DESSICATE herself, in order to BFR Iceman.

How is she planning on doing this, again?

2damnloud
Ok once again, is Iceman omnipresent???

don't shiv
I'd hate to be iceman hiding as water droplets in the air when Storm starts cooking

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by don't shiv
I'd hate to be iceman hiding as water droplets in the air when Storm starts cooking

I'd hate to be storm when iceman transfer's his concious into her brain and flash freezes her into a coma.

2damnloud
The trick in this fight is that Iceman won't have the TIME to transfer his consciouness into anything. She would simply obliterate him.

The whole entire atmosphere on earth is a conductor of ELECTRICITY.

Storm can tap into that electrical energy. She can also Ionize air molecules.

She can actually make the very AIR explode by way of Electrical energy. That's what THUNDER is.

don't shiv
I hear that!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by don't shiv

She'll never get a chance since every system in her body will be completely sut down at the molecular level.

Symmetric Chaos

She can actually make the very AIR explode by way of Electrical energy. That's what THUNDER is.

no expression

No its not . . . thunder is shockwave.

ExodusCloak
confused

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4518/xmen195005nh1.th.jpghttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6177/xmen195006be2.th.jpghttp://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2452/xmen195007qw3.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
The trick in this fight is that Iceman won't have the TIME to transfer his consciouness into anything. She would simply obliterate him.

you do realize theo nly way to beat Iceman is if your a high tier telepath, reality warper, mage, or molecule transmuter. It's just out of storms power set to beat Iceman. All of that obliterating you say she will be doing will only be destroying water forms. You do realize mind can move faster than she can attack. he could be in her lungs freezing them before she got one lighting bolt off.

don't shiv
Iceman. penetrate Storms electromagnetic energy grid? LOL

2damnloud
Yea, you're right.

Iceman's powers work by "cryokeneis" right?? This mean he can telekenetically munipulate water right???

Or are you sayin he can telepathically transfer himself into water as well as cryokenetically munipulate water??

Strom is Atmokenetic, which means she can control water AS WELL AS sub-atmoic particles to create electrical and electromagnetic effects in the atmosphere.

It would come down to her power over the sub-atomic and his power over the moisture.

She can effect his powers but he cant do anything about her control over the electrical potential of the atmosphere in which moisture resides.

I say Storm wins 6/10

ANY sub-atomic control is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Molecular.

shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Strom is Atmokenetic, which means she can control water AS WELL AS sub-atmoic particles to create electrical and electromagnetic effects in the atmosphere.

No . . . Atmokenisis means she can control the air molecules nothing about atmokenisis says she can effect anything smaller than that.

LordFear
All I have in my brain is a tumor sad

well at least after reading this thread I have one

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No . . . Atmokenisis means she can control the air molecules nothing about atmokenisis says she can effect anything smaller than that.

Atmo=Atmosphere=Earth's Atmosphere =Electrically conducting and elecrtomagnetic. Control of this allows for the creation and control of Lightning, which=Creation and Control of Sub-atomic particles which =Ionization of Air molecules or can be applied to electrolysis of Water and various other effects such as EMP's or Electomagnetic and Electrostatic feilds.

Again.....

Atmo=Atmosphere=Earths atmosphere consist of Gases such as hydrogen and oxygen. Control over this in addition to temp= creation of winds. Creation and Control of Winds/pressure in addition to electical= creation Tornados and hurricaines. Creation of Tornados and Hurricanes= creation pressure feilds and domes etc.

eek!

smart

emporerpants
you still don't seem to realize that nothing storm can do will kill iceman

2damnloud
Argue against it then.

TricksterPriest
We have. you're just too dumb to recoqnize you've lost. roll eyes (sarcastic) Just asking, are you related to Xmeat or Devilgoblin by any chance?

emporerpants
tricksterpriest is correct, the arguments have been laid put before you. its not my fault that those paint chips were just to tasty to pass up.

2damnloud
I've torn said "arguments" to SHREDS.

Storm STILL wins.

Ad-hominem won't work.

Symmetric Chaos
Atmo=Atmosphere=Earth's Atmosphere =Electrically conducting and elecrtomagnetic. Control of this allows for the creation and control of Lightning, which=Creation and Control of Sub-atomic particles which =Ionization of Air molecules or can be applied to electrolysis of Water and various other effects such as EMP's or Electomagnetic and Electrostatic feilds.

smart

Learn to spell before you declare yourself smart.

You're really stretching here. The atmosphere is the air the magnetosphere and and such are electrical components.

Even if Storm can use atom/aerokinetic abilities to generate lightning it doesn't mean she has control over lightning itself.

Metalmanx
Ok once again, is Iceman omnipresent???

Essentially, yes. When he chooses to be, that is.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Metalmanx

...Doesn't that make her explode as well? confused

But seriously. You've got nothing here, and I think you know it. You're making Storm be a Flash/Firestorm/Molecule Man figure that she's just plain not. It's really not cute anymore. sad

Iceman would beat her every single time.

emporerpants
the only thing you've torn apart is your credibility

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Learn to spell before you declare yourself smart.

You're really stretching here. The atmosphere is the air the magnetosphere and and such are electrical components.

Even if Storm can use atom/aerokinetic abilities to generate lightning it doesn't mean she has control over lightning itself.

Explain.

Metalmanx
Yea, you're right.

Iceman's powers work by "cryokeneis" right?? This mean he can telekenetically munipulate water right???

Or are you sayin he can telepathically transfer himself into water as well as cryokenetically munipulate water??

It would come down to her power over the sub-atomic and his power over the moisture.

She can effect his powers but he cant do anything about her control over the electrical potential of the atmosphere in which moisture resides.

I say Storm wins 6/10

ANY sub-atomic control is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Molecular.

shifty

So, you're stating here, on record, that Storm has more control over moisture than Iceman?

Well, that's it. It was fun while it lasted, but it's clear that you're just joking, or as stubborn as a five-year-old. I haven't decided.

Metalmanx
I've torn said "arguments" to SHREDS.

Storm STILL wins.

Ad-hominem won't work.

You win because you said so? Please stop doing this, I get it enough from capt as it is. erm

Symmetric Chaos
Explain.

The actions of air molecules create the conditions that create lightning.

Storm is more than capable of creating these on a grand scale. However once she does that the lightning she creates acts on its own volition.

She can alter the atmosphere to redirect or target the lightning but those actions are indirect. Its an incredibly impressive display of power for an Atmokinetic but not actually subatomic control.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So, you're stating here, on record, that Storm has more control over moisture than Iceman?

Well, that's it. It was fun while it lasted, but it's clear that you're just joking, or as stubborn as a five-year-old. I haven't decided.

Nope. Im saying she has more control over sub-atmoic particles than Iceman. Sub-atomic trumps molecular.

In addition she has a great deal of control of ambient moisture and temperature, just not as much as Iceman.

TricksterPriest
That's it, just stop. It's obvious this guy is a fanboy. I'm gonna ask Digi to lock this crap.

Metalmanx
Nope. Im saying she has more control over sub-atmoic particles than Iceman. Sub-atomic trumps molecular.

In addition she has a great deal of control of ambient moisture and temperature, just not as much as Iceman.

...So you are saying it. Just say "yes". It's easier to tell you you're wrong that way.

Now, why is it that Iceman doesn't control moisture at a sub-atomic level either? It pretty much has to be that or greater, since Iceman's control over moisture >>>>>>>> Storm's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.