Guitar Hero vs. Guitar Hero II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~King of Pie~
Both are excellent games, but I find that Guitar Hero has a better soundtrack in generality than Guitar Hero II. GH 2 has it's fair share of good songs, like Sweet CHild o' Mine, Free Bird, Heart Shaped Box, etc. However, I find that if focuses more on playing fast than on memorable riffs, liek the original did.

Thoughts? Opinions?

(Sorry if this was done before, I searched, no results.)

Edit: Damn, I should've made a poll....

InnerRise
I have a real critical question. (shrug)

I'm not into any of the songs featured in these Guitar Hero games. Not in the slightest. Not my kind of music.

Nor am I big into Guitar Playing. I've dabbled with my toy Guitar when I was little but that's it. It's not that I'm not into it. It's just It's never really been a part of my life.

I don't listen to bands and the such so yeah.......

Keeping all of these things in mind, could I still enjoy this game. B/c I am interesting in the game itself but afraid I'll be turned off by the types of songs featured in it, being songs that I don't listen to.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

~King of Pie~
I'm not a guitarist either.

InnerRise
Umm........Thanks. no expression

closedeyes

Lana
I've never played either game or even knew they existed until about three weeks ago.

Slay
Originally posted by ~King of Pie~
Both are excellent games, but I find that Guitar Hero has a better soundtrack in generality than Guitar Hero II. GH 2 has it's fair share of good songs, like Sweet CHild o' Mine, Free Bird, Heart Shaped Box, etc. However, I find that if focuses more on playing fast than on memorable riffs, liek the original did.

Thoughts? Opinions?

(Sorry if this was done before, I searched, no results.)

Edit: Damn, I should've made a poll....
GH2 is better imo. GH started with a good idea, and GH2 brought it all to perfection. I also like the co-op mode GH2 has. Besides it has Madhouse by Anthrax. That's all the memorable riffs you need.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by InnerRise
I have a real critical question. (shrug)

I'm not into any of the songs featured in these Guitar Hero games. Not in the slightest. Not my kind of music.

Nor am I big into Guitar Playing. I've dabbled with my toy Guitar when I was little but that's it. It's not that I'm not into it. It's just It's never really been a part of my life.

I don't listen to bands and the such so yeah.......

Keeping all of these things in mind, could I still enjoy this game. B/c I am interesting in the game itself but afraid I'll be turned off by the types of songs featured in it, being songs that I don't listen to.

Hell yes.

I played it over a friend's house, having never so much as picked up a guitar in my life (and having previous knowledge of maybe one or two songs on there), and was instantly addicted.

InnerRise
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Hell yes.

I played it over a friend's house, having never so much as picked up a guitar in my life (and having previous knowledge of maybe one or two songs on there), and was instantly addicted. Thanks. Good to know. wink

Because I'm seriously considering getting this game.

I think I will now.

I hate that it's $70 dollars though. At least that's what I saw under the actual Guitar Box.

So does Guitar 1 and 2 come packaged with the $70 Guitar Box or is Guitar 1 packaged or just Guitar 2 or is neither packaged and you have to buy everything seperately?

JToTheP
Originally posted by Lana
I've never played either game or even knew they existed until about three weeks ago.

Really? I'm surprised since Best Buy, and most stores I've seen stock up hardcore on this trash.

Swe_Bum
I think that GH1 has better songs than GH2 (only 3-4 good songs IMO), but their isn't a such a big change between the games erm just that the music sux more in GH2 and the Co. play

InnerRise
I just got back from purchasing Guitar Hero II

I haven't played it yet though.

I thought that I saw the price say $70 last time, but it was $80

I was surprised.

I wonder if I wasn't so dead set on getting it before I left would I have gotten it if I knew the price.

Well as I was dead set on getting it, I wasn't going to turn back.

InnerRise
I played Guitar Hero II for a good little while tonight and I love it.

And being that I'm not into those songs whatsoever, the gameplay is so good it doesn't matter and I'm actually finding myself starting to like some of the music and that's unlike me.

I swore against this kind of music basically and now I plan on going online and searching up on some of the music and trying to get it.

There's this one track in particular that I love playing. It's one that you have to purchase. I'll have to pay attention to the name next time.

I think the title has something about "Speaking" in it.

Anywho, this game is awesome and I can't wait to play it some more. I may play it more tonight.

When first seeing the guitar in person, I thought maybe it was too small and wouldn't handle well and it would be too light, but everything is perfect about it.

So yeah...

I'm so glad I got it and it was definitely worth the price.

While I was at Wal-Mart, I saw 2 PS3's sitting homely at the bottom of the shelves looking all pitiful and stuck up.

I had to double take b/c it's still so shocking to see them just laying readily about this early.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Impediment
I got Guitar Hero II for my birthday today, and I'm liking it so far.

It's a shame, however, that most of the songs are not the original recordings. In fact, they're covers. The worst one is Lamb of God's song Laid to Rest.

InnerRise
Yeah, I realized that as well Spoiler after watching the Videos on the Game that you can purchase.

DracotheDragon
GH2 was better than the first one. Just my opinion...

Cory Chaos
Guitar Hero Fans to Get New Axe-Shredding Experience With Tracks From Classic Era

SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 10, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced they will be paying homage to a classic rock era with Guitar Hero(TM): Rocks the 80s(TM), available exclusively on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. After playing to mass audiences at sold out shows around the world in Guitar Hero II(TM), fans will once again be able to whip out their Gibson-shaped SG guitar controllers and shred to their favorite rock tracks, as the critically acclaimed franchise is scheduled to go on another highly-anticipated world tour this summer.

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s will feature visually stunning retro rock venues and hipster characters, unlockable guitars, intense game play modes, and most importantly 30 awesome new songs to experience the ultimate rock star fantasy. The initial list of finger-melting tracks includes:

* I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
* I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
* Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
* I Want Candy (as made famous by Bow Wow Wow)
* Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
* Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
* Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)

"The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we've added," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. "As we delve deeper into the history of rock, we'll continue to offer a fresh experience and even more explosive tracks with the Guitar Hero franchise."

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s, published by RedOctane(R) and developed by Harmonix, will be available this summer for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. For more information, please visit the dedicated community site www.guitarherogame.com.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by InnerRise

I swore against this kind of music basically and now I plan on going online and searching up on some of the music and trying to get it.

Why did you do that?

Magee
What exactly is this game like? Is it like them dance games but with a guitar and you make the music?

DarkC
Originally posted by Magee
What exactly is this game like? Is it like them dance games but with a guitar and you make the music?
Yep.

You keep a fret button held down to strum notes, using real-time guitar techniques such as hammer-ons and pull-offs.

ragesRemorse
its the same god dman game, but with different songs. And theres no excuse for not having a wireless guitar for the 360 at release.

JKozzy
GH3

jaden101
great games...i'm not a huge fan of cheesy 70's and 80's big hair rock music but its still great fun...alot of them i knew the songs but didn't know the names or who they were by until guitar hero

i prefer the songs on II though...

you dont need to be into the music or into guitar to enjoy it as well...brilliant laugh with a few mates and a few beers

Victor Von Doom
How is anyone doing on the game?

DarkC
I'm starting to play songs on expert.

YYZ by Rush is particularly fun.

Victor Von Doom
My current favourite is The Trooper.

Skeets
Jordan is mine,great song.

vandalworks
love the trooper, and bark at the moon from dlc.

carry on my wayward son is a pleasure to play also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.