Despero versus All Star Superman hand to hand!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Despero is a real beast; he took out Superman and captain Marvel at the same time.

How would he fare against the more powerful version of Superman, All Star Superman? At least 3 times stronger than his counterpart, immune to radiation. No psionics or other powers for this fight, only hand to hand combat.

MattDay
three times more stronger... that means roughly superman and captain marvel + another superman... could be done, but too ify.

guy222
Originally posted by MattDay
three times more stronger... that means roughly superman and captain marvel + another superman... could be done, but too ify.

All-star supes smokin'

Scoobless
Originally posted by Kutulu
All Star Superman - At least 3 times stronger than his counterpart,

No ... 3 times stronger than AS - Superman used to be, which was never compared with regular Superman.

The two characters have obvious differences in how their bodies cope with solar radiation so it would be naive to assume they were at the same power level to begin with.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Scoobless
No ... 3 times stronger than AS - Superman used to be, which was never compared with regular Superman.

The two characters have obvious differences in how their bodies cope with solar radiation so it would be naive to assume they were at the same power level to begin with.

Seems you are already campaigning laughing out loud

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Seems you are already campaigning laughing out loud

Just pointing out the differences between two, very loosely related, characters.

stick out tongue

Galan007
The two characters have obvious differences in how their bodies cope with solar radiation so it would be naive to assume they were at the same power level to begin with. The Sun in the All-Star universe could be more intense then the one in the normal DCU.

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Galan007
The Sun in the All-Star universe could be more intense then the one in the normal DCU.

Can ..... almost ..... reach ..... those ..... straws.

laughing out loud

Galan007
Can ..... almost ..... reach ..... those ..... straws.

laughing out loud That's pretty much what it comes down to laughing out loud

meh, I guess we'll know for sure in about 6 issues.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Kutulu
Despero is a real beast; he took out Superman and captain Marvel at the same time.

How would he fare against the more powerful version of Superman, All Star Superman? At least 3 times stronger than his counterpart, immune to radiation. No psionics or other powers for this fight, only hand to hand combat.

Normal Superman beats him (When not written by Geoff Johns), he dies a very horrible death against All Star Supes.

P.S. Its been established that the Absorption of Solar radiation only acts a precursor / negative feedback system allowing him to tap into to an even more powerful energy source, I.E. the God Wave.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
Normal Superman beats him (When not written by Geoff Johns), he dies a very horrible death against All Star Supes.

P.S. Its been established that the Absorption of Solar radiation only acts a precursor / negative feedback system allowing him to tap into to an even more powerful energy source, I.E. the God Wave.

Despero destroys regular supes no expression

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Despero destroys regular supes no expression

In Geoff Johns books yes, otherwise no ! no expression

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
In Geoff Johns books yes, otherwise no ! no expression

In any book hes written as a team basher

In JLI he almost beat a team that consited of such heavyhitters as

Martian Manhunter
Lobo
Powergirl
Flash
Guy Gardner
Booster Gold
and many others

then in JLA JSA virtue and vice Dsepro took on and manhandled
which was ot written entirely by Geoff Johns he co-wrote it with David Goyer
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Hourman
Powergirl
Sand
Hawman
and Dr. Middnight

The in JLA Crsis of Conscienc he destroyed Martian in physical and Psychic battle and after that beat Aquaman and Martian Manhunter in a Telpeathic battle and had them under his control after it.

Those JLA issues where again were not entirleey written by Geoff Johns Allan Heinberg also co-wrote that arc

He also beat
Red Tornado
Green Lantern
Hawkman
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Batman
and
Flash

and was in the process of destroying Superman before Zatannna showed up.

The only low showing Despero truly has is that issue of The Earth Bound Angel Supergirl series.

Where he lost to her

which goes against all of his othe rother showings which mean that fight is chalked up as smvsfl .

Despero is a team basher face it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Devil Lance
In any book hes written as a team basher

In JLI he almost beat a team that consited of such heavyhitters as

Martian Manhunter
Lobo
Powergirl
Flash
Guy Gardner
Booster Gold
and many others

then in JLA JSA virtue and vice Dsepro took on and manhandled
which was ot written entirely by Geoff Johns he co-wrote it with David Goyer
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Hourman
Powergirl
Sand
Hawman
and Dr. Middnight

The in JLA Crsis of Conscienc he destroyed Martian in physical and Psychic battle and after that beat Aquaman and Martian Manhunter in a Telpeathic battle and had them under his control after it.

Those JLA issues where again were not entirleey written by Geoff Johns Allan Heinberg also co-wrote that arc

He also beat
Red Tornado
Green Lantern
Hawkman
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Batman
and
Flash

and was in the process of destroying Superman before Zatannna showed up.

The only low showing Despero truly has is that issue of The Earth Bound Angel Supergirl series.

Where he lost to her

which goes against all of his othe rother showings which mean that fight is chalked up as smvsfl .

Despero is a team basher face it roll eyes (sarcastic)

First Superman wasn't in the JLI, and the other two books are written by Geoff Johns. Superman has a clear physical advantage in Crisis of Conscience, and only got mind raped due to mental instability going into the Crisis. The JSA/JLA crossover was plain bullshit. He was being hurt by beings alot weaker than Supes in the same issue.

darthgoober
Despero should take this 10/10. shifty whistle

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by darthgoober
Despero should take this 10/10. shifty whistle

You're opinion is boycotted !

Scoobless
They both lose ... smile

Prof S.T.I.
They both lose ... smile

no expression

TricksterPriest
.....to Thanos. evil face stick out tongue *Thanos Pimp hand of doom* Thanos: "Enjoy the gift of death. I know I did."

darthgoober
They both lose ... smile
We'll see....

spetznaz
Despero is certainly a beast (in more ways than one). He has prodigious strength, and several other abilities to boot (TP being one of them).

However against All-Star Superman, Despero might as well be a beetle trying to get into a fray with an enraged Bull Elephant on Musth!

The thing about All-Star Superman is this .....he is definitely in the top 3 when it comes to the more powerful iterations of Superman. I'd personally rank him as number 3 (with number 2, based on my reasoning, being Pre-Crisis Superman since he had all sorts of plot-devices and extrapolated powers going for him, and number 1 being Superman Prime ....not due to any feats, since the only real 'feat' he had was creating life, but because the way he was written was as being not only the most potent Superman ever but the most powerful Superhero ever. They said that that Superman, when he came back from wandering in space for eons, was already beyond all power. A god. That was BEFORE he spent a millenium in the sun. While the character was never expounded on more, the premise established was that he was basically a deity. However, if Prime is taken out due to lack of any TANGIBLE feats - which is evident since he only appeared in the future JLA run - then Pre-Crisis Superman takes the top ultimate spot, and All-Star the penultimate spot).

In the several comics All-Star has been in, he has done several feats that, at best, can be compared to Pre-Crisis level accomplishments.

All his powers are augmented .....actually more than that. The writer basically had a field day with them. As for the '3 times as strong' the thing is if you look at the page it should realized that machine that was pressing the 200 quintillion tons (or whatever the exact number was) had already peaked at that. That was the point where the scientist was saying Superman was his strength had tripled. Note however that not only was Superman not tired, but he was pushing that weight with one arm!

Anyways, the long and short of it is this. The best character to compare All-Star Superman is Pre-Crisis Superman.
The two are analogues.

They both have strength levels that are simply out of this world, all their other power sets are just as amplified, they even have super-intellect (eg Pre-Crisis had it, and All-Star also has it to the extent that he is forging suns to feed to a sun-eater), and they even have the 'new power at will' trait (Pre-Crisis Superman was infamous was coming up with 'new' powers when necessary, and All-Star apparently is also doing the same thing).

The two are analogues.

And Despero is waaaaay out of his league. It would be like comparing the carrying power of the toughest Ford F-250 on the planet with the carrying power of the toughest heavy-cargo oil tanker ship on the planet.

They are both strong .....but comparing one to the other is like comparing an ant to a Titan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.