Ronan The Accuser vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
Who wins?

ronan is popular
supes ftw

Prof S.T.I.
Superman throws Ronnan into the sun ... The end.

Roldz
If we are to include Ronans plot induced tech he can garner a few wins perhaps majority against Supes..

norrinradd43
I love Ronan and he can beat a lot of people but superman is a little much

guy222
thumb up

Erik-Lensherr
Superman.

quanchi112
Superman wins.

nimbus006
Look, Im probably the biggest Ronan fan on this forum, and while he does possess the power to give Superman a hell of a fight I cant see him winning more than 1-2/10...

Note: He can manipulate matter on a ridiculously high scale. From the minimal showings he has:

Transmutes "celestial level armor" (it was implied as such, not sure if thats accurate):

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6554/celestialarmortranspn2.jpg

Matter manipulation to make this warrior's hand explode:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2971/mattermanipgg6.jpg

Creates mini blackhole:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8743/localizedblackholeyk4.jpg

*Although i dont like this theory, it's possible Ronan could transmute elements in order to make red Sun radiation or possible K-Nite.

nimbus006
Oh and in case anyone's wondering, yes Ronan can handle speedsters, as seen in this scan of Surfer (who he's faced on more than one occasion) flying at pretty high speeds:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/831/ronanvssurferxl6.jpg

Cap'n Happy
Superman breaks the hammer over his knee, and accuses Ronan of being ridiculously over inflated in recent stories by hack writers looking to breath life into a stale, back shelf jobber.

The mighty Superman should never lose to Ronan. Ever.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Superman breaks the hammer over his knee, and accuses Ronan of being ridiculously over inflated in recent stories by hack writers looking to breath life into a stale, back shelf jobber.

The mighty Superman should never lose to Ronan. Ever.

And then Ronan just recreates it as he's done before...

Over inflated, how so? I would love to hear your explanation.

The guy gets one mini, and you're calling him over inflated?

llagrok
The power is in Ronan, not in his hammer.

Superman wins a full majority nonetheless.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by nimbus006
And then Ronan just recreates it as he's done before...

Over inflated, how so? I would love to hear your explanation.

The guy gets one mini, and you're calling him over inflated?

Go back and look at Ronan's first appearances. Powerful, yes, took the FF to the wall, yes. Superman level power? No- not even close.
Ronan was a cool idea- the Kree's judge/jury/executioner all in one (he never gets the credit for being an inspiration for Judge Dread). But...
there is a thing that comic writers do (hack ones, anyway) that drives me nuts; they constantly amp up the power of characters- esp. back bench characters... just to try and come up w/new stories or to make lesser characters popular. This over inflation (of guys like Ronan) then forces the writers of Superman and other heavy hitters to amp THEM up... until you have a comic universe where Robin is now as powerful as Martian Manhunter used to be- and MM is now as powerful as Jesus and Buddha, on a good day.
I don't doubt you could find ex. showing how Ronan could hold his own, or even defeat Superman. I just dismiss it as hack writing. Look, just go ask you Grandmother if Ronan could beat Superman. Her answer:

"But sonny, Ramen are noodles... and no one can beat Superman."
Grandma knows.

llagrok
What a ridiculous post. Nimbus never stated that Ronan would win against Superman, he simply corrected you.

You also claim that Ronan has been "hacked" ? HOW? The only "hack" thing he has done is project a shield powerful enough to stop Black Bolt's whisper. Beyond that, he hasn't really done anything that should be beyond him.

King_Mungi
shifty

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/3MaximumSecurity36.jpg

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by llagrok
What a ridiculous post. Nimbus never stated that Ronan would win against Superman, he simply corrected you.

You also claim that Ronan has been "hacked" ? HOW? The only "hack" thing he has done is project a shield powerful enough to stop Black Bolt's whisper. Beyond that, he hasn't really done anything that should be beyond him.

No... he didn't correct me. He just pointed out that Ronan could recreate his hammer once Superman broke it... I never said he couldn't, but he missed my actual point (As I suspect you are) that Ronan is no match for Superman. I know that the poster never sstated that Ronan would win... I just stated MY opinion. What is yours?

By the way, if you read my comments, you see what I mean by hack... what don't you agree with about what I said?

llagrok
What inflation has Ronan ever experienced?

He can transmute matter, should he be stalemating Hercules? dur

grey fox
Superman crushes Ronan underfoot, a 20X the speed of light charge should tear him in half.

nimbus006
Go back and look at Ronan's first appearances. Powerful, yes, took the FF to the wall, yes. Superman level power? No- not even close.
Ronan was a cool idea- the Kree's judge/jury/executioner all in one (he never gets the credit for being an inspiration for Judge Dread). But...
there is a thing that comic writers do (hack ones, anyway) that drives me nuts; they constantly amp up the power of characters- esp. back bench characters... just to try and come up w/new stories or to make lesser characters popular. This over inflation (of guys like Ronan) then forces the writers of Superman and other heavy hitters to amp THEM up... until you have a comic universe where Robin is now as powerful as Martian Manhunter used to be- and MM is now as powerful as Jesus and Buddha, on a good day.
I just dismiss it as hack writing. Look, just go ask you Grandmother if Ronan could beat Superman. Her answer:

Grandma knows.

I NEVER said Ronan could beat Superman, look at my first post it clearly states, " Look, Im probably the biggest Ronan fan on this forum, and while he does possess the power to give Superman a hell of a fight I cant see him winning more than 1-2/10". Yes he was a very cool idea, and still is. Ronan is one of the comic characters who leasts gets credit for his showings.

Furthermore, Ronan from his earliest showings has been amped very little (if anything at all) compared to MANY other characters who have recieived RIDICULOUS upgrades. Check out his respect thread, all his feats have been within reason from his origin until now. He is the Kree Accuser and possess the Ultimate Weapon which grants him cosmic power. His abilities are more than justified. Cut the guy some freakin slack, he rarely shows up in comics, and your going to say he's over inflated... i think your attention could be turned to much worst characters who's powers have been upgraded for no good reason at all.

nimbus006

Thanks buddy, his powers/abilities are more than justified...

Cap'n Happy
I NEVER said Ronan could beat Superman, look at my first post it clearly states, " Look, Im probably the biggest Ronan fan on this forum, and while he does possess the power to give Superman a hell of a fight I cant see him winning more than 1-2/10". Yes he was a very cool idea, and still is. Ronan is one of the comic characters who leasts gets credit for his showings.

Furthermore, Ronan from his earliest showings has been amped very little (if anything at all) compared to MANY other characters who have recieived RIDICULOUS upgrades. Check out his respect thread, all his feats have been within reason from his origin until now. He is the Kree Accuser and possess the Ultimate Weapon which grants him cosmic power. His abilities are more than justified. Cut the guy some freakin slack, he rarely shows up in comics, and your going to say he's over inflated... i think your attention could be turned to much worst characters who's powers have been upgraded for no good reason at all.

You're right - I missed you're earlier post (sorry). And you are right that there are WAY worse offenders then Ronan (who I've always liked) in the whole power amping thing. Still, he has been inflated over the years, and I just don't see him taking Superman. You made good points tho.

nimbus006
You're right - I missed you're earlier post (sorry). And you are right that there are WAY worse offenders then Ronan (who I've always liked) in the whole power amping thing. Still, he has been inflated over the years, and I just don't see him taking Superman. You made good points tho.

No worries, its all in good fun big grin ... I think the natural evolution of comics is for characters to get upgraded. The more we advance in our understanding in regards to physics and the universe, the more information and powersets we can attribute to certain characters.

Newjak
I don't doubt you could find ex. showing how Ronan could hold his own, or even defeat Superman. I just dismiss it as hack writing. Look, just go ask you Grandmother if Ronan could beat Superman. Her answer:

Grandma knows. So if Ronan has feats that would allow him to challenge Superman it becomes Hack Writing? erm

I mean most of this post just seems to say only popular character's feats should be allowed to get better. And only popular characters can get those feats used because they aren't hack writing.

I mean seriously if nimbus can show scans where Ronan could fight Superman then Ronan can fight Superman.

Edit: I may be wrong but that is what it sounded like.

nimbus006

By the way two of my earlier scans are yours... I dont want to be given credit for them wink

llagrok
By the way two of my earlier scans are yours... I dont want to be given credit for them wink

Scans are to be passed around.

Like the whores they are mad

james2099
Originally posted by grey fox
Superman crushes Ronan underfoot, a 20X the speed of light charge should tear him in half. superman would have to ride piggyback on silver surfer or gladiator to reach 20x the speed of light.....But superman still would win 9 /10.

Acrosurge
Ronan has the chops and the versatility to take 2 (maybe even 3) wins out of 10. Give him some prep and he could take even more. I can see him generating kryptonite radiation while taking it to Superman HtH. His shields could hold Supes off for a bit, and if he can slow him down (black hole or energy drain), the hammer-break that he used against Ravenous would do some damage.

TricksterPriest
K-nite is not a possibility. Ronan doesn't have cosmic awareness (which IMO, Surfer does not use or appear to have 95% of the time.) and I don't think he'll figure out the red sun thing fast, if at all.

Has Ronan brawled with anyone high end? Like Thor, or Drax or Thanos? Cause if he can throw down with Thor and do well, then I'd give him a win or two against Supes. If not, he's boned. Also, 1 example of speed isn't quite enough to say he can deal with Superman's insane combat speed.

tkitna
I like Ronan too, but I think he jobs a good bit. Didnt Gamora smack him around recently?

I wish he could win a few, but I have to side with Superman.

nimbus006
Originally posted by tkitna
I like Ronan too, but I think he jobs a good bit. Didnt Gamora smack him around recently?

I wish he could win a few, but I have to side with Superman.

That Gamora was enhanced to a tremendous degree, and she didn't smack him around, he ended when he felt it was time to stop messing around...

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5686/ronanvsgamorarh5.jpg

nimbus006
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
K-nite is not a possibility. Ronan doesn't have cosmic awareness (which IMO, Surfer does not use or appear to have 95% of the time.) and I don't think he'll figure out the red sun thing fast, if at all.

Has Ronan brawled with anyone high end? Like Thor, or Drax or Thanos? Cause if he can throw down with Thor and do well, then I'd give him a win or two against Supes. If not, he's boned. Also, 1 example of speed isn't quite enough to say he can deal with Superman's insane combat speed.

Ravenous was pretty high end

He's thrown down with Genis (merged), and came out on top

Huh... he really doesnt take part in h2h combat, he once said "there is no need for me to soil my hands with direct physical contact with any foe"... plus he really doesnt have that many showings so usually the showings he does have are all with his weapon.

Bouboumaster
Superman 8/10

guy222
supes for the majority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.