venom (Brock) vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvel_monkey
To the death.....

GO!

Beta Ray Howard
Ben would probably win out after a while, unless Venom goes for the French Kiss of Doom like he did last time.

jinzin
I'm pretty positive venom would clobber thing... the end.

Beta Ray Howard
How so? Ben's got a clear advantage in strength and durability, not to mention the fact that Ben can probably fight longer.

marvelprince
Its so cause he's almost killed Ben before. In a slugfest Thing wins but in an anything goes match Venom is just way too versatile

Beta Ray Howard
Tongue suffocation? Didn't they try to say in that crap comic that his tongue had a mind of it's own?

jinzin
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
How so? Ben's got a clear advantage in strength and durability, not to mention the fact that Ben can probably fight longer.

well let's see here....

venom has class 40 to 50 strength (before brock offed himself)... that's more than enough strength to toe to toe it with thing...

secondly, venom's got the webbing... he can blast thing with webbing till thing can't move...

third there's the "i can move faster than a speeding bullet" symbiotic tendrils that venom has, not only can they invade every pore and orriface in thing's rocky hide, but they can mess with his brain...
make him see nightmares, delusions etc etc...

venom's got the agility and the reflexes to keep out of things hands..

hes got the durability to take it to thing for a good long while in a slugfest... to use juggernaught as a comparison, venom's even got the edge in durability.. he took a long barrage of hits from juggy and still got up.. thing took 3 and fell to the floor....

then venom's got his bite.. venomous enough to erode sandman and his rocky structure with ease.. what might it do to ben?

camo-made how would ben find him?

a healing factor...

I just don't see how the thing is going to score the majority against an opponent who's as versatile as venom... thing might get a couple KOes here and there but the majority of the time venom beats him and eats him.

jinzin
Tongue suffocation? Didn't they try to say in that crap comic that his tongue had a mind of it's own? they did... crap comic? that's the sole event that the ENTIRE venom series was based on....

the evolution of the symbiote..

the ability to think for itself to neglect the need for a host like eddie...

hell in that comic the symbiote even tapped into unheard of powers.. if negated all it's weaknesses except for plasma weapons (and ben doesn't have any of those) and it even gained some degree of telepathic ability.

you honestly think things ready for that kind of villain?

Beta Ray Howard
Good stuff. Guess I'm just not giving one of my favorite characters enough credit. sad

Anywho, I wouldn't put him at lifting 40 tons. Maybe 30 or 35.

I'm pretty sure this Bulldozer lift is his best one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/AmazingSpider-Man362Large-08.jpg

jinzin
Good stuff. Guess I'm just not giving one of my favorite characters enough credit. sad

Anywho, I wouldn't put him at lifting 40 tons. Maybe 30 or 35.

I'm pretty sure this Bulldozer lift is his best one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/AmazingSpider-Man362Large-08.jpg that was an early venom feat.. and it was well before venom merged with himself at the end of his ongoing title. the next time spiderman fought venom spiderman compared his strengths levels to that of thing oddly enough.

Beta Ray Howard
What was he lifting at that point? I remember him throwing the ambulance, and taking the tanker to the chest. What else was there?

braz
id say venom takes the majority, i mean, if Wolverine can beat Thing, then so can Venom

Soljer
I dunno, but what size bulldozer was that? They can often range in weight from as few as ten tons to well over a hundred.

Beta Ray Howard
Probably a bit bigger than a Caterpillar D9

He also lifted a bus casually and had a full conversation with Spider-man before. It was kinda funny.

jinzin
What was he lifting at that point? I remember him throwing the ambulance, and taking the tanker to the chest. What else was there? he wasn't lifting anything... I'm pretty sure peter was comparing their stopping power.

Soljer
Probably a bit bigger than a Caterpillar D9

He also lifted a bus casually and had a full conversation with Spider-man before. It was kinda funny.

Bigger than a D9? Aren't those things around fifty tons? And you're arguing that he can't lift fourty? erm.

I remember the bus thing, that was pretty hilarious.

Beta Ray Howard
The D9 is the fifty tonner? I thought it was a smaller model.

Oops.

Originally posted by jinzin
he wasn't lifting anything... I'm pretty sure peter was comparing their stopping power.

Pete's comparison's aren't that great though. I don't think Morlun has as much power as Hulk.

jinzin
The D9 is the fifty tonner? I thought it was a smaller model.

Oops.

Pete's comparison's aren't that great though. I don't think Morlun has as much power as Hulk. morlun doesn't... however he probably felt like he did on account that each blow was draining peter's very lifeforce upon contact...

that's not really a good example of a bad comparison due to the extra circumstances.

Beta Ray Howard
Eh, true enough. I kinda think that may have been JMS's original intention though. erm

Grimm22
well let's see here....

venom has class 40 to 50 strength (before brock offed himself)... that's more than enough strength to toe to toe it with thing...

hes got the durability to take it to thing for a good long while in a slugfest... to use juggernaught as a comparison, venom's even got the edge in durability.. he took a long barrage of hits from juggy and still got up.. thing took 3 and fell to the floor....

Ben is Class 90-100 no expression

How is being Class 40 enough?!?

Venom fighting Juggernaut = PIS wink

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Grimm22

Venom fighting Juggernaut = PIS wink

He's more or less thinking about the versatility and quickness advantages. A flurry of Class 35-40ish punches is gonna hurt, especially with how fast Venom is.

Grimm22
He's more or less thinking about the versatility and quickness advantages. A flurry of Class 35-40ish punches is gonna hurt, especially with how fast Venom is.

Fair enough, although Ben has taken punches from stronger opponents to no avail

He isn't KO'ing Ben with his punches or anything of that sort I can tell you that much

His only chance to win this fight is to use the symphonite powers or web Ben up so he can't breath, however he would have to web him up pretty damn well because Ben can hold his breath for over 8 minutes which is enough time for Ben to get out

jinzin

Venom fighting Juggernaut = PIS wink yawn... I don't like it, it didn't happen....

40 is enough when you have the right tools.. and guess what..

Beta Ray Howard
The only reasoning I have for the Juggernaut/Venom fight is that Cain sometimes isn't smart enough to put up the damn force field.

jinzin
Fair enough, although Ben has taken punches from stronger opponents to no avail

He isn't KO'ing Ben with his punches or anything of that sort I can tell you that much

His only chance to win this fight is to use the symphonite powers or web Ben up so he can't breath, however he would have to web him up pretty damn well because Ben can hold his breath for over 8 minutes which is enough time for Ben to get out spiderman has punched out rhino..

daredevil has koed hyde...

wolverine has put down roughouse...

iron fist has flattened hulk....

but venom can't ko thing? confused

thing's too durable right? I don't think so.

jinzin
The only reasoning I have for the Juggernaut/Venom fight is that Cain sometimes isn't smart enough to put up the damn force field. oh the whole thing was a CIS encounter all the way... but cis isn't void on this forum.

juggernaut74
Juggernaut knocked Thing out in three hits. BUT Sasquatch who is around a 70 tonner tried like hell to knock Ben out but could not. Venom may win but it won't be due to his punching power.

Grimm22
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Juggernaut knocked Thing out in three hits. BUT Sasquatch who is around a 70 tonner tried like hell to knock Ben out but could not. Venom may win but it won't be due to his punching power.

Sasquatch = 100 Tons no expression

Grimm22
spiderman has punched out rhino..

daredevil has koed hyde...

wolverine has put down roughouse...

iron fist has flattened hulk....

but venom can't ko thing? confused

thing's too durable right? I don't think so.

Rhino is well...Rhino

Hyde gets his ass handed to him by everybody

Iron Fist? Um, the f***ing Iron Fist, thats how roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Roughhouse is a chump

Whats you're point? no expression

juggernaut74
Sasquatch = 100 Tons no expression I don't care how strong he is but the fact is his punches could not put down Thing.

Jyppe
Actually his bite isn't venomous. Sandman startted to die because Venom bit a piece of his body off. Sandy wasn't able to hold his mass together and startted to die.

I think that was more like a healing factor feat, as the last blows taxed out killed him (The virus in the pit saved his life)Nonetheless it's a good feat.

Yeah, that's quite accurate. But Venom was quite weak when he got that cancer. He could harly go a round or 2 with Spiderman. He was even floored by Spiderman in his own run. But we'll assume that this is Venom at his peak, no?

Couldn't Thing just thunderclap whore him? If not then Venom takes it 7 or 8/10. I'm giving Thing some wins if Venom plays it dumb and Thing is able to BFR him.

Grimm22
What the f**k?

Sandman is made of f***ing sand how the hell can you bite him?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.