Battle of Hammers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beta Ray Howard
Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Bill and Thor at the beginning of Ragnarok. Hammers are restored. Fight is in space, away from Asgard.

Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Bill and Thor at the beginning of Ragnarok. Hammers are restored. Fight is in space, away from Asgard.

Who wins?

even
bill is respected by thor smokin'

Soujaboy
Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Who wins?

Stalemate, or slight majority to Thor due to experience and skills.

darthgoober
I'd have to give Bill a slight majority here. He was able to take on Thor BEFORE he got Stormbreaker, so he should normally win when he's actually got the hammer. Thor may have shown a bit more versatility(I'm not all that sure at this point), but it's probably not significant enough to net him the majority.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd have to give Bill a slight majority here. He was able to take on Thor BEFORE he got Stormbreaker, so he should normally win when he's actually got the hammer. Thor may have shown a bit more versatility(I'm not all that sure at this point), but it's probably not significant enough to net him the majority.

BRB has never defeated Thor in a fair fight.

lorddreamer
Anyone wanna give me a non-Wiki link to some Beta Ray Bill info?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soujaboy
BRB has never defeated Thor in a fair fight.
I didn't say that he was able to beat him fair before he got his hammer, I said he was able to take him on. I'll check the issue again in a bit for details, but the way I see it Bill should take a slight majority in this match.

TricksterPriest
I should point out that when Bill and Thor had their duel in Asgard, it was in Skartheim, which gave a major advantage to Bill given his physiology. And Bill deduced the fight was rigged by Odin, who had set the location. Bill won that fight because of the terrain, the heat of which allowed him to regain conscious first from a double KO. It's a close call. I'd say it could go dead even either way. I'll agree with the fair fight comment, but I've only seen that particular fight, and not any fights with the hammers.

Badabing
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Beta Ray Howard would be the person to ask. There is a BRB respect thread. cool

Martian_mind
Skill to thor,Agressivness to bill but a slight problem with them fighting in space is that the suns heat could serve as a wakeup for bill if he is injured.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by lorddreamer

Alphanex

Marvel Homepage

Trolt
where would ronan the accuser stand ? he's got a nifty hammer

Soujaboy
Again, Thor takes the slight majority.

Blair Wind
Your really not helping with campaiging for your tourny character erm

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Your really not helping with campaiging for your tourny character erm

So I'm supposed to lie?

BRB is essentially Thor's equal, however he doesn't yet have the skill to defeat him.

Blair Wind
If you want to win you can find a tactical way of doing it laughing out loud

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
If you want to win you can find a tactical way of doing it laughing out loud

True enough shifty

leonidas
meh, bill has referred to thor as the greatest warrior of all, and thor has shown more skill with his hammer than bill has with his. bill has also never used the godforce, which is a big advantage in thor's favor, nor has bill used some of thor's other more exotic abilities (antiforce, for example).

it would be close, but i'd always take thor in a battle between these 2.

Got da virus
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, bill has referred to thor as the greatest warrior of all, and thor has shown more skill with his hammer than bill has with his. bill has also never used the godforce, which is a big advantage in thor's favor, nor has bill used some of thor's other more exotic abilities (antiforce, for example).

it would be close, but i'd always take thor in a battle between these 2.

The Anti Force is the Godblast, as is the Thermo Blast. The God blast was a name derived from fans. Beta Ray Bill has demosntrtaed strength far beyond Thor since given the power of Thor, i.e. in Stormbreaker.

leonidas
Originally posted by Got da virus
The Anti Force is the Godblast, as is the Thermo Blast. The God blast was a name derived from fans. Beta Ray Bill has demosntrtaed strength far beyond Thor since given the power of Thor, i.e. in Stormbreaker.

what feat has bill shown that has been far beyond what thor has done . . .?

i disagree with the names. the godforce is a joining of thor's life force WITH the hammer. the other attacks you mentioned do not have that melding.

Got da virus
what feat has bill shown that has been far beyond what thor has done . . .?

i disagree with the names. the God force is a joining of thor's life force WITH the hammer. the other attacks you mentioned do not have that melding.

The God force name has never been assigned on panel, and has never been referred to in an official Marvel source. I'm pretty sure they are all the same thing.

Destroying entire planets with his strength alone, is beyond Thor.

leonidas
it's never been mentioned on panel? hmm, i'd need to check that. i'm pretty sure it has.

thor has used mjollnir to crack a planet in the past . . .

Got da virus
it's never been mentioned on panel? hmm, i'd need to check that. i'm pretty sure it has.

thor has used mjollnir to crack a planet in the past . . .

Crack a planet isn't very specific, The largest object to mmy knowledge he has destroyed (with Moljnir and pure strength) was an asteroid that was bigger than Asgard . You could argue that its Stormbreaker doing the hard work, and not actually BRB's strength.

Soljer
The "Godblast" has been mentioned, by name, on panel, on at least a few occasions.

Soujaboy

Well this post makes it fairly evident that you have no idea what your talking about.

Since your making your self look so non intelligent, I'm going to help you out.

I guess I'll start out with the god force blast. A "god force blast" or as some call it a "life force blast", is Thor's godly energies being channeled into a single blast that is shown to be Thor's most powerful attack. The reason the attack is so powerful is because Thor's godly energy or life energy is put into the attack. If you didn't know, Thor's life force derives partially from a skyfather, and partially from an elder god. Thus is the reason no other character has ever duplicated the "god blast".

Although powerful, an anti force blast is not a god blast. An anti force blast requires no godly energies, and also covers a wider area of effect than a god blast.

Thermo Blast is just a powerful blast.

Got da virus
Originally posted by Soljer
The "Godblast" has been mentioned, by name, on panel, on at least a few occasions.

When ?

Got da virus
Well this post makes it fairly evident that you have no idea what your talking about.

I guess I'll start out with the god force blast. A "god force blast" or as some call it a "life force blast", is Thor's godly energies being channeled into a single blast that is shown to be Thor's most powerful attack. The reason the attack is so powerful is because Thor's godly energy or life energy is put into the attack. If you didn't know, Thor's life force derives partially from a skyfather, and partially from an elder god. Thus is the reason no other character has ever duplicated the "god blast".

Although powerful, an anti force blast is not a god blast. An anti force blast requires no godly energies, and also covers a wider area of effect than a god blast.

Got da virus

Um mm you have just reiterated a load of information I already knew. Thank you for wasting my time and everyone else's who has to read it.

Wolverine2006
I'd give this to Beta Ray Bill, he was a match for Thor before he got Stormbreaker and now that he has it I'd say he would take this 6 or 7/10.

Beta Ray Howard
Crack a planet isn't very specific, The largest object to mmy knowledge he has destroyed (with Moljnir and pure strength) was an asteroid that was bigger than Asgard . You could argue that its Stormbreaker doing the hard work, and not actually BRB's strength.

It seemed to be a combination of both, because it seemed like the initial impact of Beta slamming Stardust into the planet, then using the hammer to impale him like a railroad spike on the ground, is what caused most of the damage.

Jyppe
Did the stormbreaker actually augment Bill's strenght? I don't think it did. CAn't be 100% sure though. Well, one thing's certain for sure, both Thor & BRB aren't as gay looking as Superman is. smile

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Jyppe
Did the stormbreaker actually augment Bill's strenght? I don't think it did. CAn't be 100% sure though. Well, one thing's certain for sure, both Thor & BRB aren't as gay looking as Superman is. smile

Agreed, and I don't remember it ever stating to amping Beta's strength, but it would make more sense to say that he was altered by the hammer, and not quite getting combined power.

I'm not really sure.

Got da virus
It seemed to be a combination of both, because it seemed like the initial impact of Beta slamming Stardust into the planet, then using the hammer to impale him like a railroad spike on the ground, is what caused most of the damage.

Thor has never really shown Strength at this destructive level before. In fact in th Secret Wars it takes all his strength and skill to destroy a rock the size of Gibraltar.

Beta Ray Howard
You think maybe that the hammer was combined with his already Thor-esque strength?

Got da virus
Agreed, and I don't remember it ever stating to amping Beta's strength, but it would make more sense to say that he was altered by the hammer, and not quite getting combined power.

I'm not really sure.

the hammer by itself obviously can create immense concussive force, as it was able to hurt King Thor when used by Jake Olsen.

TricksterPriest
Didn't Thor smash Ego once?

Got da virus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Didn't Thor smash Ego once?

Not the way BRB smashed the planets in Storm breaker. There are big cracks and there are small cracks, there are cracks you smoke and cracks you fill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.