Armed and Famous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SheWants
Anyone in the US going to watch this show? It looks like one of the more entertaining Reality shows lately. Wee-Man along with some other celebrity types (Jack Osborne & Eric Estrada, par example) are in training to be cops. It sounds like a cross between Reno 911 and Surreal Life.
http://ahcms.nbcuni.com/assets/images/200612/304x228/15957.jpg

SheWants
Who's gonna watch this big pile of poo with me? It's garbage, and it's supposed to be. This show has gotten reviews saying "Even Fox wouldn't pick it up" in that 'It's so bad, it's good.' Like McDonald's, one doesn't openly admit how much they are lovin' it.

General G
I may try and watch it, what time/day and channel?

RuthlessRufus
It's on CBS at 8pm ET/PT. I watched it last night. It seems like everyone is talking about this show. I thought I was the only nut interested in something like this. It was awesome, though. Though, it is interesting how watching celebrities be cops made me have more appreciation for cops. It's not an easy job, and watching them be less than perfect at it (especially La Toya Jackson, she's just so human) made me realize that if I'd been thrown into that situation I'd be no good at it either.

General G
Alright, I will make sure I set a timer for it next Wednesday at 8 on CBS wink

RuthlessRufus
Originally posted by SheWants
Who's gonna watch this big pile of poo with me? It's garbage, and it's supposed to be. This show has gotten reviews saying "Even Fox wouldn't pick it up" in that 'It's so bad, it's good.' Like McDonald's, one doesn't openly admit how much they are lovin' it.

By the way - it's the 2nd rated show for its timeslot: http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070111/NEWS01/70111013/1002 I guess a whole lotta people are watching the big pile of poo. I never thought this show would suck, I've always been excited about it. What'd odd is how much compassion its giving me for police officers. Usually in cop reality shows I'm on the side of the criminals, but something about watching La Toya try and control that woman who was resisting arrest made me change my tune.

Nay sayer
I don't really think it's a pile of poo since I saw the first 2 episodes. It was pleasantly surprised to see that the cast took their jobs as police officers so seriously. Even La Toya going to "Cat Therapy" so she could be a better officer on the force was endearing.

SheWants
You thought it was endearing? I thought it was a little contrived.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/132/354256536_f11dc48adb.jpg

LORDSIDIOUS01
Why are we watching a show that is so staged. Especially with an out of work has been slob like Erik Estrada. Miss cokehead Latoya Jackson. Trish Strus is hot but she needs a job. She should have stayed wrestling.

General G
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Why are we watching a show that is so staged. Especially with an out of work has been slob like Erik Estrada. Miss cokehead Latoya Jackson. Trish Strus is hot but she needs a job. She should have stayed wrestling.

I agree, Trish should have stayed in wrestling...

I heard that this show will not be playing much longer, if at all, anyone else heard this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.