Darkseid (Vs.) The Illuminati...Battle on Apokolips!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Don't think this has ever been done before, and thought this would be an extremely interesting battle and topic.

The Illuminati (Reed Richards, Namor, Ironman, Prof. X, Blackbolt, and Dr. Strange) transport to Apokolips to retrieve an ancient mystical artifact that was stolen from Dr. Strange by Desaad. Upon entering Darkseid's throne room to retrieve the artifact, they inevitably run smack-dab into the lord of Apokolips himself, Darkseid!

"You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you fools?" calmly asks Darkseid. "If you want this back, all you have to do is get past me."

Fight goes down hard and dirty, and blood-lust is on. There is little prep, because Darkseid catches the team off guard just as they think they're in the clear and about to get away. This is not the pre-crisis Darkseid, but a non-jobbing, standard, post-modern Darkseid.

Battle takes place in Darkseid's throne room, with his lackies Kalibak, Desaad, and his countless parademons waiting outside his quarters...should they be needed.

So, do our heroes get what they came for and make it back home to Earth????

batdude123
Unless they have prep time, Darkseid stomps them.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by batdude123
Unless they have prep time, Darkseid stomps them.

Interesting.....and yes, they do have a little prep but not very much at all... because they are caught off guard by Darkseid. But I would think being on a strange new planet and on such a dangerous mission, Strange would cast some sort of protection spell or something for himself and the rest....but that's all over with when they confront Darkseid.

What do the rest of you think? Do the Illuminati have a chance, even without major prep? And even with the prep, what are their chances? Or maybe an even better question would be, how well would the Illuminati fare against Darkseid without Dr. Strange? For instance, if Strange by some chance got took out of the fight very early, how well would the rest of the group do against Darkseid??

nvrbeenwthagirl
You definitely dont' want to be speed blitzed by Darkseid. That is not a good thing.

TricksterPriest
A non-jobbing DS is a beast. He's going to rip this team apart, strange or no strange. Omega Effect alone gives him the win.

Zahit
this is actually a pretty good battle......if strange protects everbody
then black bolt screams......no way darkseid will be ready for that....
this fight could go both ways.....it would be awesome to see!!!!!

it would be kinda similar to illuminati vs thanos...

long pig
I dunno, Strange's amulet could act as a pretty great Omega Beam counter. It's whizzed around at lightspeed catching energy and sending it to another dimension before, the same would work here I believe.

The Omega Beams would simply never reach them because it's being consistently blocked and countered by the amulet.

I don't know, it's a good fight. Darkseid is pretty powerful.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by long pig
I dunno, Strange's amulet could act as a pretty great Omega Beam counter. It's whizzed around at lightspeed catching energy and sending it to another dimension before, the same would work here I believe.

The Omega Beams would simply never reach them because it's being consistently blocked and countered by the amulet.

I don't know, it's a good fight. Darkseid is pretty powerful.

THe Omega beams can teleport thru barriers and around objects to hit thier target.

guy222
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Don't think this has ever been done before, and thought this would be an extremely interesting battle and topic.

The Illuminati (Reed Richards, Namor, Ironman, Prof. X, Blackbolt, and Dr. Strange) transport to Apokolips to retrieve an ancient mystical artifact that was stolen from Dr. Strange by Desaad. Upon entering Darkseid's throne room to retrieve the artifact, they inevitably run smack-dab into the lord of Apokolips himself, Darkseid!

"You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you fools?" calmly asks Darkseid. "If you want this back, all you have to do is get past me."

Fight goes down hard and dirty, and blood-lust is on. There is little prep, because Darkseid catches the team off guard just as they think they're in the clear and about to get away. This is not the pre-crisis Darkseid, but a non-jobbing, standard, post-modern Darkseid.

Battle takes place in Darkseid's throne room, with his lackies Kalibak, Desaad, and his countless parademons waiting outside his quarters...should they be needed.

So, do our heroes get what they came for and make it back home to Earth????

reed/black bolt ftw voice crack ears on thanos wink

Evangel94
Black Bolt screams and levels the place while at the same time Dr. Strange teleports both the team and the stolen artifact out of the Throneroom.

guy222
Originally posted by Evangel94
Black Bolt screams and levels the place while at the same time Dr. Strange teleports both the team and the stolen artifact out of the Throneroom.

pretty avatar smile

cheap cabbage
Being from the marvel universe, none of the illuminati are protected from the Omega beams. They destroy anything that isnt protected by the source, period. He can make them go as fast as he wants, teleport them...etc. It doesnt matter how fast strange's amulet is, OE will go thru it. Darkseid is faster, stronger, and projects better energy than any of the illuminati and telepathy doesn't work on him. Remember that this is on apokolips. At anytime darkseid can call down his armies. I really doubt the illuminati can take down an entire planet.

juggernaut66666
no expression

marvelprince
There is no way that that the Illuminati will be heading to Apokolips without prepping for the possibilty that they'll run into Darkseid. No way.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by marvelprince
There is no way that that the Illuminati will be heading to Apokolips without prepping for the possibilty that they'll run into Darkseid. No way.

These guys are from marvel, they don't know who darkseid is. For all we know, they simply tracked whatever was stolen to apokolips and teleported there. It's out of character to be unprepared, yes, but there's no way to gather info on darkseid from the marvel universe anyway. Either way, the thread starter states that darkseid blindsides them. Darkseid nukes half of them with OE and speedblitzes the rest. He can't fly like superman, but I bet the darkseid "lunging speedblitz" works just as well.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
These guys are from marvel, they don't know who darkseid is. For all we know, they simply tracked whatever was stolen to apokolips and teleported there. It's out of character to be unprepared, yes, but there's no way to gather info on darkseid from the marvel universe anyway. Either way, the thread starter states that darkseid blindsides them. Darkseid nukes half of them with OE and speedblitzes the rest. He can't fly like superman, but I bet the darkseid "lunging speedblitz" works just as well.
Darkseid can fly by using the Omeg Force.

Evangel94

Impossible? Not exactly.

JLA/Avengers is considered canon. Marvel Avengers encountered Darkseid on Apokolips when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Plus a lot of on-panel and off-panel conversation occurred between the JLA and the Avengers so it's possible any amount of information could have been passed on.

juggernaut66666
Impossible? Not exactly.

JLA/Avengers is considered canon. Marvel Avengers encountered Darkseid on Apokolips when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Plus a lot of on-panel and off-panel conversation occurred between the JLA and the Avengers so it's possible any amount of information could have been passed on.
The Infinity Gauntlet wasn't even working. Krona killed Galactus in it so it can't really be canon unless it wasn't 616 Galactus..

Evangel94
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The Infinity Gauntlet wasn't even working. Krona killed Galactus in it so it can't really be canon unless it wasn't 616 Galactus..

What does the Infinity Gauntlet working or not have to do anything? confused They only went there to retrieve it.

Did you read JLA/Avengers? Everything Krona destroyed was recreated in the end.

The JLA has referenced the fact of Khrona/Cosmic Egg, and that the league was assisted by the Avengers to stop him

Marvel Handbooks mention and reference the JLA/Avengers team-up.

It's canon.

juggernaut66666
What does the Infinity Gauntlet working or not have to do anything? confused They only went there to retrieve it.

Did you read JLA/Avengers? Everything Krona destroyed was recreated in the end.

The JLA has referenced the fact of Khrona/Cosmic Egg, and that the league was assisted by the Avengers to stop him

Marvel Handbooks mention and reference the JLA/Avengers team-up.

It's canon.
My bad then...
Anyway the IG wasn't working..

marvelprince
Well there you go. They do know of him. Hence they won't be taken completely by surprise. Besides, Strange has auto shields anyway

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by marvelprince
Well there you go. They do know of him. Hence they won't be taken completely by surprise. Besides, Strange has auto shields anyway And Darkseid has reality manipulation....

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
A non-jobbing DS is a beast. He's going to rip this team apart, strange or no strange. Omega Effect alone gives him the win. Nah, Wonder Woman's bracelets were able to block current Darkseid's OE, so I'm sure a protection spell from Strange could at least do the same.

I'm not saying the Illuminati would win, I'm just saying that the OE may not be as effective as some think.

Galan007
Impossible? Not exactly.

JLA/Avengers is considered canon. Marvel Avengers encountered Darkseid on Apokolips when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. The IG wouldn't work in the DCU, so Darkseid discarded it. confused

Evangel94
Originally posted by Galan007
Uhhh yeah....

The IG wouldn't work in the DCU, so Darkseid got rid of it.

Uhhh yeah....King of obvious don't you think?

What's your point? The IG wasn't even the main point I was trying to convey in my post. It's fact they encountered Darkseid and that JLA/Avengers is canon that matters.

Galan007
Uhhh yeah....King of obvious don't you think?Snappy aren't we?

Calm down, I was just wondering what the premise of even bringing up the IG was?

Evangel94

Calm down, I was just wondering what the premise of even bringing up the IG was?

Do you mean premise for bringing it up in this discussion or premise for it being in the JLA/Avengers story?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah, Wonder Woman's bracelets were able to block current Darkseid's OE, so I'm sure a protection spell from Strange could at least do the same.

I'm not saying the Illuminati would win, I'm just saying that the OE may not be as effective as some think.

Let's just say that DS uses the Finder beams like he has done millions of times before. There is no blocking the OE then. Also he doesn't really need the OE to beat the Illum. He has Rediculous Telepathy that takes most of them out. He's stronger than all of them. And he has reality manipulation. Besides, DS can use the very planet itself as a living weapon.

Galan007
Yeah I saw that part, but why did you bring that up?

To present the opinion that the JLA/Avengers may have exchanged info?

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Let's just say that DS uses the Finder beams like he has done millions of times before. There is no blocking the OE then. Also he doesn't really need the OE to beat the Illum. He has Rediculous Telepathy that takes most of them out. He's stronger than all of them. And he has reality manipulation. Besides, DS can use the very planet itself as a living weapon. That's why I never said that the Illuminati would win.

Someone said that the OE is all Darkseid would need, even though it has been blocked by WW's bracelets.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah I saw that part, but why did you bring that up?

To present the opinion that the JLA/Avengers may have exchanged info?

If the illum had exchanged info, they would have known better than to go to apoc in the first place. And if they got there with no boomtube, which is likely since you have to own a mb to get there, then they would be specs compared to DS. Who would own them at his 300 foot true form.

Comicbook_kid

Exactly.

For this particular battle, the Illuminati don't know who Darkseid is. Let's say this battle goes down before the events of the JLA / Avengers crossover and they are simply tracking the artifact back to the planet Apokolips...but being cautious all the time there; not knowing exactly what to expect but still being on their guard and on their toes. Hope this helps some.

long pig
So, sending the OBs to another dimension wouldn't do anything? Sure, DS can teleport his OBs, but he has to actually do it when he hasn't a clue where it's went.

The amulet trick was only a dely tactic, really. It'd never touch one of the Illuminati because it'd always be intercepted by the amulet.

Enough time for BB's scream and Strange's planet destroying blasts and time control. to di it's thing.

long pig
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Exactly.

For this particular battle, the Illuminati don't know who Darkseid is. Let's say this battle goes down before the events of the JLA / Avengers crossover and they are simply tracking the artifact back to the planet Apokolips...but being cautious all the time there; not knowing exactly what to expect but still being on their guard and on their toes. Hope this helps some.
They'd know him as soon as they stepped a foot on Apokalips, Strange could mindread the entire planet's population at once and learn about DS that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.