Help Me Pic Out Which Movie To Make

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Awesome Man
I have three movie ideas, and my crew is willing to do any. Now, here are my three ideas......

Idea 1(no name): A popular girl is kidnapped when with her friends at a movie theater(there is a fight between the kidnapper and the male friends). She finds herself in a damp room with a man with a mask on. He says he wants to "talk", and begins to blow her away with the most unbelievable(but realistic) stories of hate and sadness, and how she is involved. It ties in also a cop who lost his daughter to a kidnapper, the boy determined to bring the girl he loves back, the girl's developing sense of sympothy, and the kidnapper's true intentions. It's pretty much a mystery thriller.

Jeff: A geeky kid that is always picked on at school and who lives in a tough situation learns about a tournament of fist fighting that is held by a television station that loves to air teens fighting eachother. The cash prize is $500. Jeff thinks that this is his oppertunity to get respect and trains to be the best. He needs to fight 25 other opponents in punching matches to see who the toughest is. But while this happens, his friends are against it, and alliances are broken. Pretty much, it is a more violent but more amatuerish Rocky type movie(not a ripoff, though). It would be an action/adventure.

Idea 3(no name): A boy finds a helmet make the wearer stronger than any other being on the planet. But in his way is a power absorbing villain with a helmet as well, only with followers called The Group. This would be one in a trilogy. Also, the villain would end up being the hero's best friend. It would be an action/adventure.

Which idea do you prefer?

§P0oONY
Talk about cliche....

I guess the 1st one...

Wild-Cherry
1 or 3 yes

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Awesome Man
I have three movie ideas, and my crew is willing to do any. Now, here are my three ideas......

Idea 1(no name): A popular girl is kidnapped when with here friends at a movie theater(there is a fight between the kidnapper and the male friends). She finds herself in a damp room with a man with a mask on. He says he wants to "talk", and begins to blow her away with the most unbelievable(but realistic) stories of hate and sadness, and how she is involved. It ties in also a cop who lost his daughter to a kidnapper, the boy determined to bring the girl he loves back, the girl's developing sense of sympothy, and the kidnapper's true intentions. It's pretty much a mystery thriller.

Jeff: A geeky kid that is always picked on at school and who lives in a tough situation learns about a tournament of fist fighting that is held by a television station that loves to air teens fighting eachother. The cash prize is $500. Jeff thinks that this is his oppertunity to get respect and trains to be the best. He needs to fight 25 other opponents in punching matches to see who the toughest is. But while this happens, his friends are against it, and alliances are broken. Pretty much, it is a more violent but more amatuerish Rocky type movie(not a ripoff, though). It would be an action/adventure.

Idea 3(no name): A boy finds a helmet make the wearer stronger than any other being on the planet. But in his way is a power absorbing villain with a helmet as well, only with followers called The Group. This would be one in a trilogy. Also, the villain would end up being the hero's best friend. It would be an action/adventure.

Which idea do you prefer? Why are you asking us when none of us will see it but you?

LiL nAstY GirL

Awesome Man
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Why are you asking us when none of us will see it but you?

1. It will be shown at my local theater.
2. It will be put on DVD to sell.
3. It will be on Youtube for a short while.

Röland
I'm not trying to be mean but they all sound like movies I've seen before. no expression

But since you're asking me to pick, I pick 1. srug

Awesome Man

Awesome Man

§P0oONY
Don't you think that your ideas are a little too Hollywood for an independent film?

Eclipso
#1 if you can throw The Doctor in there...

Awesome Man

Naz
eh...1 I guess

§P0oONY
No.
petpet

Röland

Idea 1(no name): A popular girl is kidnapped when with her friends at a movie theater(there is a fight between the kidnapper and the male friends). She finds herself in a damp room with a man with a mask on. He says he wants to "talk", and begins to blow her away with the most unbelievable(but realistic) stories of hate and sadness, and how she is involved. It ties in also a cop who lost his daughter to a kidnapper, the boy determined to bring the girl he loves back, the girl's developing sense of sympothy, and the kidnapper's true intentions. It's pretty much a mystery thriller.

Which idea do you prefer?

They AREN'T, though. Each will be written and taken into directions to make them different.

I am just explaining to you why I think they sound like movies I've seen before.

1. Sounds like SAW, the kidnapping, the linking of everyone in the story somehow.

2. ROCKY but teenager like you said.

3. I think the movie was called STAR KID, I saw it when I was like 8. Little boy find superhero suit and fights evil with it.

I am in no way telling you not to do either of them, I'm just saying they sound like movies I've seen before, and like I said I vote for #1 because it sounds the coolest.

SelphieT
The first one. They are all kinda lame otherwise.

§P0oONY

Eclipso
The second one is already a Montreal film called "The Kid".

But seriously, just do the first one, make the kiddnapper The Master and instead of a cop make it The Doctor who helps him find her.

Röland

Leo.M
They all sound gay to me, but 1 I guess. srug

Awesome Man

§P0oONY
1. VERY VERY VERY different. Not that kind of movie at all. Wow. SO different. It is so out of the horror/torture catagory it isn't even funny. I'm a bit insulted by that, actually.
2. See, it sounds similar, but it has a different feel and outcome, not to mention characters. It's an alternate to sports films.
3. Once again, a bit insulted. This is immensely different. It's more of a mix of Spiderman and Kamen Rider The First.

You've given us like 5 lines on each... To us... They seem roughly the same as your average hollywood blockbuster...

Awesome Man

Awesome Man
Originally posted by Eclipso
The second one is already a Montreal film called "The Kid".

Wrong movie.

Who and who? Are you talking about Dr. Who?

Röland
1. VERY VERY VERY different. Not that kind of movie at all. Wow. SO different. It is so out of the horror/torture catagory it isn't even funny. I'm a bit insulted by that, actually. And they aren't linked. I never said that. They are all placed in unique situations, but aren't connected.
2. See, it sounds similar, but it has a different feel and outcome, not to mention characters. It's an alternate to sports films.
3. Once again, a bit insulted. This is immensely different. It's more of a mix of Spiderman and Kamen Rider The First.

So I insulted you by giving you my opinion?

I guess SAW was the wrong movie to use, anyway, don't ask for criticism if you can't take it.

§P0oONY
"Talking", "Different feel", and "New age hero". Only the third is similar to anything, really.

The 2nd one is your classic underdog story... No matter how you dress it up, it'll still be cliche. The 1st one takes a lot of aspects from different cliches; the revenge aspect from the cop, the disturbed background of a kidnapper and the fact that it's a teenage girl, yeah, that's never been done roll eyes (sarcastic).

Awesome Man

Awesome Man

~Pielover~
Um...yeah. These ideas are all CLiche`. Get over it.

Röland
No. I didn't mean it like that. But SAW and STARKID? Honestly? Idea 1 is actually a whole new type of film, really. Nothing is actually borrowed. I made up the entire story in my head. Jeff is a homage to one of my all time favorite movie sagas. The third one may be pretty darn hard to pull of, but it would be like a neat superhero film.

As Spoony said #1 isn't anything great and new.

I said STARKID, because while your movie idea might be a bit different, it's still the same old story. Man/boy finds special object that gives him super powers, a villian appears to challange the hero, the villian turns out to be someone close to the hero because it makes it that much more emotional.

§P0oONY
I'm writing my opinions from the information you've given me, how do you not get that? You don't need to get an antsy.

I don't know what you're capable of as a director, I can only judge from your brief synopsis and explanations. I'm not impressed yet but that doesn't mean that you can't make decent films. I don't know who stuck a pole up your arse but you simply saying that something will be fresh and new doesn't necessarily mean it will be.

Awesome Man

~Pielover~
Wanna bet? I showed the ENTIRE(I only showed you the beginning) plotline to numerous friends, and most of them couldn't believe it. One friend said(exactly) "Really? I never even saw that coming! That was awesome!", and another one said(exactly) "I wish Hollywood made stuff like this!"

Since when was the Starkid villain a friend? Anyways, it's SUPPOSED to be like that. That's the whole fun of it! But, once again, there is much more to it than that, but I don't want to spoil it all. Sure. You show people things you've written all the time, and they think it's the best thing ever. There's no flaw in any of your scripts/novels....

no expression

§P0oONY
"Really? I never even saw that coming! That was awesome!", and another one said(exactly) "I wish Hollywood made stuff like this!"
It's called sarcasm... stick out tongue

Awesome Man

Awesome Man
Sure. You show people things you've written all the time, and they think it's the best thing ever. There's no flaw in any of your scripts/novels....

no expression

I didn't SHOW anyone the novel, dipshit.

~Pielover~
Because your opinions show that you didn't even TRY to understand where these ideas are coming from. You completely missed the big flash of "HOMAGE" and "MYSTERY, NOT SENSELESSLY VIOLENT AND CLICHE HORROR FLICK".

Apparently, your pole is up further than mine, because all I did was explain it because you obviously don't get the point that most of them are coming from, and yet I'm the badguy. You jump to conclusions extremely quickly. You need to control your anger....Spoony did nothing wrong. He stated an opinion that was more-than-likely correct. You disagree. No need to get all CAPS LOCK.

Röland
Wanna bet? I showed the ENTIRE(I only showed you the beginning) plotline to numerous friends, and most of them couldn't believe it. One friend said(exactly) "Really? I never even saw that coming! That was awesome!", and another one said(exactly) "I wish Hollywood made stuff like this!"

Umm you showed it to your friends. Enough said.

Since when was the Starkid villain a friend? Anyways, it's SUPPOSED to be like that. That's the whole fun of it! But, once again, there is much more to it than that, but I don't want to spoil it all.

Still sounds like the average superhero movie.

Awesome Man
The reason it was bad was because I realized that I tried to personally get me off of the project. I didn't like the idea, and I didn't like typing that much with the hard spot of HS I am in right now.
Asswipes like PL made it easier.

§P0oONY
Because your opinions show that you didn't even TRY to understand where these ideas are coming from. You completely missed the big flash of "HOMAGE" and "MYSTERY, NOT SENSELESSLY VIOLENT AND CLICHE HORROR FLICK".

Apparently, your pole is up further than mine, because all I did was explain it because you obviously don't get the point that most of them are coming from, and yet I'm the badguy. It seriously must be that time of the month... laughing out loud

Pretty much every horror theme is cliche now... It's got to be something truely magnificant to be anything otherwise and I never took it as a blood and guts thriller, I saw it as a phycological thriller.

Awesome Man

Black Dalek
You know 'Awesome Man', by the way your treating to these guy's opinion, I wanna see your reaction against critics who WILL pan and criticize your movie.

Awesome Man

Awesome Man
Originally posted by Black Dalek
You know 'Awesome Man', by the way your treating to these guy's opinion, I wanna see your reaction against critics who WILL pan and criticize your movie.

hysterical
I am 'treating' them like opinions, stupid! I'm trying to get them to see what the films will really be like!
Go home. You are random, and don't need to be here.

Eclipso
Exactly. Friends that have seen almost every movie in existence and normally don't like any new film ideas, even from their friends. It was a generally tough crowd.

Okay, what you need to get is that we aren't bashing your movie ideas. Every movie these days are based off of previous ideas, it's a common factor of film-making. Good dialouge and acting will make it brilliant regardless if its been done before or not.

Röland
Exactly. Friends that have seen almost every movie in existence and normally don't like any new film ideas, even from their friends. It was a generally tough crowd.

I've seen a lot of movies in existence too so don't try to pull that whole "they've seen a lot of movies and know what they're talking about" story.

They are still your friends, if you want your scripts/novels to get good criticism you don't show them to your friends.

Eclipso
hysterical
I am 'treating' them like opinions, stupid! I'm trying to get them to see what the films will really be like!
Go home. You are random, and don't need to be here.

Why did you call him stupid? You created a thread asking for opinions and you got them.

§P0oONY
I have a question:

Have you even written the scripts? Have you ever written a script? Speaking from personal experience it is a lot harder than you might think. You get all these great ideas in your head but once written down they don't look as good. It takes a very long time for an amateur to create a fully polished script. You see right now you've just given us a synopsis, now in your mind the films look amazing but to us they don't.

It really just comes down to your script writing and directing. If we ever see any of the films and their great then we'll retract our statements but until then, we can only have this sort of judgement.

Awesome Man

Awesome Man

§P0oONY
Already wrote tow or three scripts before. I'm good at it.

I directed a mini film before, but I lost it.

Then I'll keep my judgement reserved until I see it. That's assuming you upload it on youtube...

How long are you thinking about making it? Feature length?

~Pielover~
I didn't SHOW anyone the novel, dipshit.

Ahem:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/pielover666/Screen02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/pielover666/Screen01.jpg

Sure. You didn't show it to anyone...no expression

Röland
One of them works in a video store and watches 5 movies or so a week. He's been working there for three years, and was a major buff before that.

So because he watches 5 or so movies a week and has worked in a movie store for 3 years makes him a film expert?

I have. One kid I showed is neutral. He thought it was really good.

That's only one kid.

Black Dalek
Y-You are? Looks like your bashing em for speaking out their opinion. "NO DUMBASS!! ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOVIE!! NO CLICHES LOL!!!" And your even calling a guy a dipshit...And they have their pole up their ass deeper...

I agree with everyone, your movies are cliche, I seen the ideas before, you brag about your FRIENDS OPINION(Which you shouldn't take listening to because their your FRIENDS and likely LIE HOW ITS GOOD), and your arrogant.

Show your movie to a random person or a known critic to see your freakin movie before you blab how its original and going to be great.

If people says its cliche, ITS CLICHE. If people said that they saw it before, THEY SAW IT BEFORE. STOP ACTING AS YOUR GOD OF HOLLYWOOD. Your not.

Hey, why not upload a preview into YouTube? Just 2 or three minutes of that movie and let us Judge it.

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Black Dalek
Y-You are? Looks like your bashing em for speaking out their opinion. "NO DUMBASS!! ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOVIE!! NO CLICHES LOL!!!" And your even calling a guy a dipshit...And they have their pole up their ass deeper...

I agree with everyone, your movies are cliche, I seen the ideas before, you brag about your FRIENDS OPINION(Which you shouldn't take listening to because their your FRIENDS and likely LIE HOW ITS GOOD), and your arrogant.

Show your movie to a random person or a known critic to see your freakin movie before you blab how its original and going to be great.

If people says its cliche, ITS CLICHE. If people said that they saw it before, THEY SAW IT BEFORE. STOP ACTING AS YOUR GOD OF HOLLYWOOD. Your not.

Hey, why not upload a preview into YouTube? Just 2 or three minutes of that movie and let us Judge it. He didn't make it yet....dip.

§P0oONY
He didn't make it yet....dip.

He hasn't made it yet..... dip.

Black Dalek
No, I'm talking about the video/novel or something he said about 'I SHOWED IT TO MY FRIENDS AND THEY THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD LOL!'

~Pielover~

§P0oONY
Pittsburgh Dialect...dip. Aka... Incorrect grammar... dip.

~Pielover~

§P0oONY
AKA...not where I'm from.... dip.

Aslo known as not where I'm from.... dip?

I don't think that works in this context... dip.

~Pielover~

§P0oONY
T'is all circumstantial......pid.

The English language is always circumstantial.... I rest my case... hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.