Green Wing (inc. new special episode)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saphira
I love Green Wing, did anyone else watch the Christmas one?

vintageSW77
i cant stand that guy who played DAN Moody in Alan Partridge and his mate who looks like a cross between Malcolm Mclaren and a 40 something housewife who appear in the barclycard ads or that annoying chick who looks like her out of Texas so it has put me off watching
HOWEVER i did find Mark Heaps scenes VERY funny

Ushgarak
You don't like Stephen Mangram?

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

Anyway, err, funny bits... but basically Green Wing conked out during series II. I mean, they broke apart the central dynamic and it was never the same again. Removing Statham and Clore from the mix didn't work.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You don't like Stephen Mangram?

he has the most annoying face on TV
but he suits the parts he plays

im going to watch the first series
give it a second chance
as i laughed quite a bit last night
there is only ONE comedy in a hospital for me

GARTH MERENGHIS DARKPLACE

Saphira
I liked it, I thought it was funny. But actually, it wasn't as funny as it could have been. There seriously wasn't enough of Sue White, for example. And it isn't so random anymore. In series one, it was so funny because it was so weird, and although there were some plot lines there was just few enough to stop it from having drama as a genre. In series 2, there were more, but still it was funny. But in the Christmas one, there was so many it just stopped being funny. Well, stopped being as funny, it was still good.

Ushgarak
Yes, series II did see it start to overplot as well.

Saphira
that was the really fun thing about Green Wing, it was so wonderfully random that it was just so funny...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.