superman,thor,sentry vrs hal jordan, capitian marvel and hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jimmydepee
well u got thor a god
superman in the crisis which means he bloody powerful
and the sentry the power of a billion exploding suns
verses
hal the best green latern
capitian marvel is himself
hulk the strongest being ever well
in the earth
so who wins

Soleran
Sentry kills them all!

guy222
Originally posted by jimmydepee
well u got thor a god
verses
in the earth
so who wins

interesting smile

jimmydepee
Originally posted by guy222
interesting smile good but who wins

juggernaut66666
Hal FTW.

jrodslam
I cant answer this until i see what Sentry does in the final Civil War battle. Thus, for now im gonna lean towards Hal, Cap and Hulk. Although Hulk wouldnt be much of a factor at all.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by jrodslam
I cant answer this until i see what Sentry does in the final Civil War battle. Thus, for now im gonna lean towards Hal, Cap and Hulk. Although Hulk wouldnt be much of a factor at all.

in fact in TIH #102 the hulk heals a planet with his strenght

that hulk could win alone this battle but you are too ignorant to understand

Deathstroke
I'm thinking hulk would be the weak link for Team 2 simply because he can't fly.

guy222
good but who wins

hulk smash hal stick out tongue

jrodslam
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
that hulk could win alone this battle but you are too ignorant to understand

Youre saying that Hulk could win this battle by himself? And you call me ignorant?What the f**k?

DC for me
this one really shouldnt be that tough. Hal Jordan wasnt just the greatest green lantern, and wasnt just the greatest super-villian as he took on his new form "the Parallax." but once he took on his final position and name, called "the Spectre," he became the most powerful comic hero DC ever made. Malvolio gave Hal the ring that turned him insane while he was a green lantern, and into the Parallax. then he took on the entire green lantern corps and guardians on Planet Oa. as he was about to destroy the entire world and universe he realized what he had done. he sacrificed himself in reignited the sun and killing the sun-eater. thats a crap load of power...to reignited a sun and save the solar system and everything. after he was "dead", he was given a funeral fit for a hero. he is then resurrected and with the weight of the earth on his shoulders, his soul and the Spectres' force joined. him being the new Spectre has traveled to Hell and back with the ghost of Abin Sur and even the devil himself is jealous and wishes to have his strength and power. even now it is said that he is much more powerful now as the Spectre after he was able (but didnt) to destroy the entire universe.

and i might just like to add this...Batman, who usually cares kryptonite just in case superman turns on him, and has everyones weakness in his tool belt on the JL/JLA...he does not have a weakness for Hal as the Spectre...hes the only one person (other than Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, or the Oracle) that he trusts. neat huh...i love the stories and the backgrounds to every character. but mostly Batmans and Hal Jordan.

bigbran
Originally posted by jrodslam
Youre saying that Hulk could win this battle by himself? And you call me ignorant?What the f**k? He thinks Onslaught Hulk could beat anyone other than LT, and people along those lines...no expression

tjcoady
Originally posted by DC for me
this one really shouldnt be that tough. Hal Jordan wasnt just the greatest green lantern, and wasnt just the greatest super-villian as he took on his new form "the Parallax." but once he took on his final position and name, called "the Spectre," he became the most powerful comic hero DC ever made. Malvolio gave Hal the ring that turned him insane while he was a green lantern, and into the Parallax. then he took on the entire green lantern corps and guardians on Planet Oa. as he was about to destroy the entire world and universe he realized what he had done. he sacrificed himself in reignited the sun and killing the sun-eater. thats a crap load of power...to reignited a sun and save the solar system and everything. after he was "dead", he was given a funeral fit for a hero. he is then resurrected and with the weight of the earth on his shoulders, his soul and the Spectres' force joined. him being the new Spectre has traveled to Hell and back with the ghost of Abin Sur and even the devil himself is jealous and wishes to have his strength and power. even now it is said that he is much more powerful now as the Spectre after he was able (but didnt) to destroy the entire universe.

and i might just like to add this...Batman, who usually cares kryptonite just in case superman turns on him, and has everyones weakness in his tool belt on the JL/JLA...he does not have a weakness for Hal as the Spectre...hes the only one person (other than Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, or the Oracle) that he trusts. neat huh...i love the stories and the backgrounds to every character. but mostly Batmans and Hal Jordan.

excellent points... but Hal is no longer the Spectre or Parallex. He's just a really good Green Lantern.

jrodslam
Originally posted by tjcoady
He's just a really good Green Lantern.

The best Lantern.big grin

spetznaz
well u got thor a god
verses
in the earth
so who wins

I'd say team 1.

Here's why: Team 2 has the greatest GL of all, but in this particular matchup that GL would be carrying all the weight for the team.
Why?
Well, because when it comes to Captain Marvel (a major force to content with BTW) he (CM) would be effectively countered by any member of team 1. Sentry can stand to him, Superman can stand to him (yes, CM has magic and that is a detriment to the Man of Steel, but Superman can still go toe to toe with him ....in a worst case scenario for long enough for the match to be over ...and in a best case scenario Supes would simply be using his long-range attacks and staying away from CM's magically imbued punches), and (a non-jobbing) Thor could also stand against CM. And it would be interesting to see Asgard magick versus the Rock of Eternity's/Wizard Shazam's magic.
As for the Hulk ....well, he is a non-contender here. Actually he could simply be ignored by Team 1 (unless the Hulk can somehow sprout wings and fly after them ....and in the process also develop sufficient super-speed to keep up with inter-planetary whizzers!).

This leaves Hal jordan facing off against two members from team 1.
Either a combo of Thor and Sentry, Sentry and Superman, or Superman and Thor.

That is a 2-to-1 advantage for team 1. With Hal out of the fight Captain Marvel would be out of it too, and as for the Hulk ...well, they might not even bother with him. He'd probably be added to Superman's galactic-creature zoo as an exhibit!

Caveat:
There is one little factor though that could give team 2 the win. Hal Jordan (which iteration is used). Virtually all writers have written Hal as a beast, but some versions of him have been beyond that. Using the power of Oa to its utmost it should, arguably, enable Hal to garner a win all by himself.
Thus it is possible for team 2 to win ....but it will not be the team winning, but Hal.
Oh, at least Captain Marvel can be part of the fight, but the Hulk will be totally out of his league here. He may be able to jump, scream loudly, turn greener, and even dribble radioactive spittle .....but he wouldn't be a factor here.

batdude123
Originally posted by spetznaz
I'd say team 1.

Here's why: Team 2 has the greatest GL of all, but in this particular matchup that GL would be carrying all the weight for the team.
Why?
Well, because when it comes to Captain Marvel (a major force to content with BTW) he (CM) would be effectively countered by any member of team 1. Sentry can stand to him, Superman can stand to him (yes, CM has magic and that is a detriment to the Man of Steel, but Superman can still go toe to toe with him ....in a worst case scenario for long enough for the match to be over ...and in a best case scenario Supes would simply be using his long-range attacks and staying away from CM's magically imbued punches), and (a non-jobbing) Thor could also stand against CM. And it would be interesting to see Asgard magick versus the Rock of Eternity's/Wizard Shazam's magic.
As for the Hulk ....well, he is a non-contender here. Actually he could simply be ignored by Team 1 (unless the Hulk can somehow sprout wings and fly after them ....and in the process also develop sufficient super-speed to keep up with inter-planetry whizzers!).

This leaves Hal jordan facing off against two members from team 1.
Either a combo of Thor and Sentry, Sentry and Superman, or Superman and Thor.

That is a 2-to-1 advantage for team 1. With Hal out of the fight Captain Marvel would be out of it too, and as for the Hulk ...well, they might not even bother with him. He'd probably be added to Superman's galactic-creature zoo as an exhibit!

Caveat:
There is one little factor though that could give team 2 the win. Hal Jordan (which iteration is used). Virtually all writers have written Hal as a beast, but some versions of him have been beyond that. Using the power of Oa to its utmost it should, arguably, enable Hal to garner a win all by himself.
Thus it is possible for team 2 to win ....but it will not be the team winning, but Hal.
Oh, at least Captain Marvel can be part of the fight, but the Hulk will be totally out of his league here. He may be able to jump, scream loudly, turn greener, and even dribble radioactive spittle .....but he wouldn't be a factor here.

Interesting viewpoint there, spetz. However, Hal and Supes have fought many times, and they both have won a few, and lost a few against each other. Hal is more versatile overall, but Superman's speed/strength combo is hard for just about anybody to overcome. I still think Hal would take the slight majority over Superman, but if those two were to fight, it'd be close. None of their altercations were a complete blow out by any means. Saying Hal could solo team 1, is not giving enough credit to Thor, Superman, and Sentry. erm

MattDay
considering a three way between team 1 would be too hard to call, their combined power would be immense, a team truly unstoppable by anything short of herald upwards

jimmydepee
Originally posted by MattDay
considering a three way between team 1 would be too hard to call, their combined power would be immense, a team truly unstoppable by anything short of herald upwards good pionts gentimen but your forgetting a key factor ... thor can beat hulk supman losts to cap but sentry might beat hal but thor is a key factor that you havn't mention

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.