Storm vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rutog98
Who wins?

I am going to support Storm in this.

Badabing
Thunderclap ftw.

Rutog98
He's already tried a thunderclap on Storm. It did nothing.

On the other hand, she can suffocate him by stealing the air he needs to breathe and blind him with fot and snow to keep him from being able to locate her.

Badabing
Hulk wins.
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/3901/storm3qz.jpg

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk wins.
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/3901/storm3qz.jpg

yes

Hulk's got showings that trump anything Storm could do, and one occasion of jobbing is not > everything else, including flattening Thor more than once.

playa1258
Hulk throws a pole threw storm fight over . their is so many ways for Hulk to kill storm its not even funny.

batdude123
Hulk ftw.

Rutog98
Cool. Hulk managed to hit Storm in that one instance. Personally, he should not get the chance to do it. With her winds, she can knock him where she wants and blind him with fog and snow. How is he going to locate her?

Here is a scenerio:

Storm hurls Hulk with her winds at the beginning of the fight before he can throw anything at her (she is faster than he). Even if he manages to throw something, she can dodge blasts the move at light speed. He's not going to hit her and one shot will be all he gets. At the same time she throws the wind at him, she fogs the area and uses snow to blind him. Afterwards, she uses lightning on a blind Hulk. He rages and bellows, "Hulk smash!" which will use up his air supply. When he tries to intake more air, he finds that Storm has removed the air from him. He suffocates to unconsciousness. Storm hurls him into the sea.

Badabing
Originally posted by Rutog98
Cool. Hulk managed to hit Storm in that one instance. Personally, he should not get the chance to do it. With her winds, she can knock him where she wants and blind him with fog and snow. How is he going to locate her?

Here is a scenerio:

Storm hurls Hulk with her winds at the beginning of the fight before he can throw anything at her (she is faster than he). Even if he manages to throw something, she can dodge blasts the move at light speed. He's not going to hit her and one shot will be all he gets. At the same time she throws the wind at him, she fogs the area and uses snow to blind him. Afterwards, she uses lightning on a blind Hulk. He rages and bellows, "Hulk smash!" which will use up his air supply. When he tries to intake more air, he finds that Storm has removed the air from him. He suffocates to unconsciousness. Storm hurls him into the sea.
Hulk won't suffocate because his mutation allows him to adapt. So you are WRONG! Hulk wins.

Beta Ray Howard

If Thor can't do it, then Hudlin's favorite comic woman sure as F*#@ can't.

Your scenario sucks. Hulk ftw. She flies away, he's gonna jump and punch her in the face, and there goes her head.

She tries winds, he's gonna get so pissed she's gonna get a Thunderclap that collapsed the Dark Dimension.

Storm, quite literally, can do NOTHING to harm Hulk.

Beta Ray Howard
Hulk won't suffocate because his mutation allows him to adapt. So you are WRONG! Hulk wins.

Bada he is VERY WRONG!

Ptr_Grifin

Has Hulk actually done that, or are you basing that off of what Nick Fury said?

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Has Hulk actually done that, or are you basing that off of what Nick Fury said?

He can breathe in a vacuum, and underwater. He's been able to for years.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
He can breathe in a vacuum, and underwater. He's been able to for years.

He can breathe in a vacuum? I have seen him adapt to being under water, but I haven't seen him adapt to the vacuum of space, only read that Nick Fury said there is a chance he could adapt.

batdude123
Even if he manages to throw something, she can dodge blasts the move at light speed.

I'm sorry, but this statement is rather rediculous. I understand you love Storm, but don't be an idiot.

I don't care if Cyclops happened to miss her with a blast, she's not fast enough to do shit like that.

Jyppe
Hulk jumps and thunderclaps smile

The Weather God
Storm can create an air pressure field to drown out sound. Which is what a thunderclap is.
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6544/airandsoundwt4.th.jpg

An air pressure dome should protect her against a thunderclap
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1374/pressuredome14ac.th.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
even if it did it wouldn't stop the hulk from grinding her to a pulp

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
even if it did it wouldn't stop the hulk from grinding her to a pulp

hulk smash wink

lorddreamer
Hulk ftw Why? He can jump really high, he can throw things. Those are his only chances, I think, and those arent gonna work too much. hulk ftw 1/1.55555

The Weather God
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6079/sch88vy.th.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Hulk ftw Why? He can jump really high, he can throw things. Those are his only chances, I think, and those arent gonna work too much. hulk ftw 1/1.55555

except that he's also really fast, really strong, really heavy and nearly invulnerable (storms best attack it what lightning bolts?)

Originally posted by The Weather God
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6079/sch88vy.th.jpg

thats a good example of storms power seems like onslaught killed him though not storm

The Weather God
thats a good example of storms power seems like onslaught killed him though not storm

Onslaught?

guy222

hulk's infinite rage catches her, one punch she's dead
she ain't flying away

10/10 big grin

Symmetric Chaos
"I could feel Onslaught's grasp on him as I slid into his brain"

was Onslaught controling him or something?

I read it as an attack on Hulk's mind

lorddreamer
except that he's also really fast, really strong, really heavy and nearly invulnerable (storms best attack it what lightning bolts?)

Yea, but I know, thats why I gave him the win. His speed wont help him much against a flying enemy... and his strength will work but rarely. Storm could just blast him away every time he jumps...

Symmetric Chaos
Yea, but I know, thats why I gave him the win. His speed wont help him much against a flying enemy... and his strength will work but rarely. Storm could just blast him away every time he jumps...

sorry misread your post

The Weather God
"I could feel Onslaught's grasp on him as I slid into his brain"

was Onslaught controling him or something?

I read it as an attack on Hulk's mind

Oh i see lol, yeah onslaught was controlling his mind but storm did the damage.

Also hulk will be pushed by her winds.
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/3973/sch2kd.th.jpg

Beta Ray Howard
Storm can create an air pressure field to drown out sound. Which is what a thunderclap is.
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6544/airandsoundwt4.th.jpg

An air pressure dome should protect her against a thunderclap
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1374/pressuredome14ac.th.jpg

Hulk destroyed an entire dimension with a Thunderclap.

So, Weather God, what were you saying about the X-Gene? Also, who has a better control of the weather? Storm or Thor?

The Weather God
Hulk destroyed an entire dimension with a Thunderclap.

So, Weather God, what were you saying about the X-Gene? Also, who has a better control of the weather? Storm or Thor?

Did thor create a pressure dome to block it Beta Ray Howard? Or any type of attack to block it?

Beta Ray Howard
Did thor create a pressure dome to block it Beta Ray Howard?

What the hell are you talking about? Thor wasn't even involved during that. You're beyond stupid, especially if you think that one of her pressure domes could withstand someone who could punch through a time storm.

Beta Ray Howard
Another thing to add, here's the clash between him and Ironclad that sends ripples through countless dimensions:
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH305.jpg

and punching through a time storm:
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH135.jpg

If you think Storm could contain that, then you are either a moron, or a Storm Fanboy.

The Weather God
What the hell are you talking about? Thor wasn't even involved during that. You're beyond stupid, especially if you think that one of her pressure domes could withstand someone who could punch through a time storm.

Do you even know what you said

Also i never said the pressure dome would block a punch confused I said the Air Pressure Dome would block the sound blast of a thunderclap, really who is the stupid one here?

And again here you go with the insults

The Weather God
Another thing to add, here's the clash between him and Ironclad that sends ripples through countless dimensions:
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH305.jpg

and punching through a time storm:
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH135.jpg

If you think Storm could contain that, then you are either a moron, or a Storm Fanboy.

Those scans aren't working for me.

Beta Ray Howard
Do you even know what you said

Also i never said the pressure dome would block a punch confused I said the Air Pressure Dome would block the sound blast of a thunderclap, really who is the stupid one here?

And again here you go with the insults

The thunderclaps are concussive force, not sound.

no expression

You really don't know much about Hulk, especially if you think that she can contain a force that destroyed a dimension.

Also, it's fact that you're a Storm fanboy. It's fact you don't know what you're talking about.

The Weather God

no expression

You really don't know much about Hulk, especially if you think that she can contain a force that destroyed a dimension.

Also, it's fact that you're a Storm fanboy. It's fact you don't know what you're talking about.

You do realize what air pressure is don't you?

Ptr_Grifin

no expression

Wow, someone is upset. If Spider-man can knock out the Hulk, then there is a chance that storm could. Stop saying things like "it's a fact you don't know what you are talking about". Hulk has lost to Spidey and a 20 foot snake. Comics are unpredictable. The Weather God is presenting ways Storm could fend for herself, and ways she can attack the Hulk.

Beta Ray Howard
You do realize what air pressure is don't you?

Naw, ya think?

It's still not enough to stop something that can collapse an entire dimension. Air pressure doesn't contain concussive force.

Wow, someone is upset. If Spider-man can knock out the Hulk, then there is a chance that storm could. Stop saying things like "it's a fact you don't know what you are talking about". Hulk has lost to Spidey and a 20 foot snake. Comics are unpredictable. The Weather God is presenting ways Storm could fend for herself, and ways she can attack the Hulk.

and I'm saying that none of them would work.

Symmetric Chaos

spidey knocked out Hulk? (sounds like PIS to me)

comics are unpredictable but characters have to act within general levels of their power on KMC

I don't doubt that Storm could protect herself for a while but I don't see her completely taking out the Hulk alone under most circumstances

Beta Ray Howard
spidey knocked out Hulk? (sounds like PIS to me)

comics are unpredictable but characters have to act within general levels of their power on KMC

I don't doubt that Storm could protect herself for a while but I don't see her completely taking out the Hulk alone under most circumstances

The knockout happened after a long fight, and it was a sucker shot from a truck.

It still makes no sense whatsoever. If someone thinks that's a regular standing of his durability, than Superman has a weakness against Power Lines.

The Weather God
Naw, ya think?

It's still not enough to stop something that can collapse an entire dimension. Air pressure doesn't contain concussive force.

lol you must not know what it is, you do realize storm can blow a hole through an entire mountain with it?

There is NO way a thunderclap can get through an air pressure dome

Beta Ray Howard
lol you must not know what it is, you do realize storm can blow a hole through an entire mountain with it?

Good for her. Hulk's been tossing mountains for about twenty years now.

With ease. wink

Air pressure does not stop concussive force. That's a priciple of physics, which you obviously know nothing about.

The funny thing is that you think it can contain a blast from Hulk's hands that destroyed an entire dimension.

The Weather God
Good for her. Hulk's been tossing mountains for about twenty years now.

With ease. wink

Air pressure does not stop concussive force. That's a priciple of physics, which you obviously know nothing about.

The funny thing is that you think it can contain a blast from Hulk's hands that destroyed an entire dimension.

What do you mean contain? The air pressure blocks the sound and force from reaching her ears.

Symmetric Chaos

There is NO way a thundercalp can get through a air pressure dome

dimension>>>mountain no matter how you look at it

thunderclap might overpower airpressure

Ptr_Grifin

How often or how many times has one of Hulks Thunderclaps destroyed a dimension? He has Thunderclaped repeatedly and no dimension was destroyed, not that much damage to the surrounding area either.

The Weather God

Air pressure? You are talking about air pressure not gale force winds here, really you guys should look up air pressure and find out what it really is, it's not a wind attack.

The Weather God
How often or how many times has one of Hulks Thunderclaps destroyed a dimension? He has Thunderclaped repeatedly and no dimension was destroyed, not that much damage to the surrounding area either.

That's exactly what i'd like to know.

Beta Ray Howard
What do you mean contain? The air pressure blocks the sound and force from reaching her ears.

Good for her ears. The rest of her would be destroyed.

Listen to yourself. You're saying that she can contain a force that destroyed an entire dimension.

An ENTIRE DIMENSION!

What's the biggest force that took? Bishop blasting at it, from what you've shown.

Bishop. As in Uncle Tom of the X-Men. As in Hulk would smash me into a million pieces.

Seriously, you are WRONG!

The Weather God

Listen to yourself. You're saying that she can contain a force that destroyed an entire dimension.

An ENTIRE DIMENSION!

What's the biggest force that took? Bishop blasting at it, from what you've shown.

Bishop. As in Uncle Tom of the X-Men. As in Hulk would smash me into a million pieces.

Seriously go read about air pressure before assuming it's just another wind attack, also my point was not about lifting the mountain but the force of the air pressure going through it.

Really do you realize that air pressure is powerful enough to cause earthquakes.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1940/thatearthquarkthing1hq.th.jpghttp://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2866/thatearthquarkthing23qh.th.jpg

Beta Ray Howard
Seriously go read about air pressure before assuming it's just another wind attack, also my point was not about lifting the mountain but the force of the air pressure going through it.

Really do you realize that air pressure is powerful enough to cause earthquakes.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1940/thatearthquarkthing1hq.th.jpghttp://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2866/thatearthquarkthing23qh.th.jpg

Hulk's done that with his fists.

You're not proving anything.

The Weather God
Hulk's done that with his fists.

You're not proving anything.

I'm proving that you have no idea what air pressure is, storm haves complete control over air molecules which is air all itself.

batdude123

Right, because Hulk is always at that level. confused

Space M ummy

An ENTIRE DIMENSION!

I hate to bring real world science to a comic book fight, but there's no way a thunderclap would work in a vaccuum. Destroying an entire dimension with one is so far beyond PIS whoever brings it up again should be banned from KMC for all eternity.

Hulk is strong, but can't project energy. The thunderclap is nothing more than slamming his hands together at full strength- this causes air to rapidly move outwards, combined with sound to damage a target, both of which require air AND air pressure to work.

A pressure dome (or an area where no or weak air pressure exists) would totally negate a thunderclap.

The Weather God
Originally posted by batdude123

Oh so this was a superpowered hulk? laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos

Air Pressure is impossible as used in this defense of Storm's (to produce air pressure the gas must be compressed by something). To defend herself with air she would have to expell it from very near her body at extreme speeds for a long period of time. There is very little difference between air pressure and wind as pressure gradiants are the cause of winds on earth.

If she was really good she could create a wave of negative pressure to oppose Hulks thunderclap

Air pressure can cause earthquakes? laughing laughing laughing

Beta Ray Howard
I'm proving that you have no idea what air pressure is, storm haves complete control over air molecules which is air all itself.

no expression

I'm completely aware of what air pressure is. She hasn't done anything with it, nor can she do anything with it, that can stop The Hulk.

Not today.

Not tomorrow.

Not after Hudlin butchers the character more.

Not in any point in time.

So you can keep making your bullshit claims that she can take him down, when she's been beaten by him in the past, and rather easily I might add.

If you think she can do something that Thor has only done once, then you're off your f*#@ing rocker.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I hate to bring real world science to a comic book fight, but there's no way a thunderclap would work in a vaccuum. Destroying an entire dimension with one is so far beyond PIS whoever brings it up again should be banned from KMC for all eternity.

Hulk is strong, but can't project energy. The thunderclap is nothing more than slamming his hands together at full strength- this causes air to rapidly move outwards, combined with sound to damage a target, both of which require air AND air pressure to work.

A pressure dome (or an area where no or weak air pressure exists) would totally negate a thunderclap.

Thankyou space mummy smile

Beta Ray Howard

Batdude, are you an avid Hulk reader? He's been portrayed at those levels on many occasions, and has been shown to reach levels of rage quickly that would put him there. People saying he can't is just comic board myth.

Class 100 doesn't begin to touch on how powerful he is.

The Weather God
no expression

I'm completely aware of what air pressure is. She hasn't done anything with it, nor can she do anything with it, that can stop The Hulk.

Not today.

Not tomorrow.

Not after Hudlin butchers the character more.

Not in any point in time.

So you can keep making your bullshit claims that she can take him down, when she's been beaten by him in the past, and rather easily I might add.

If you think she can do something that Thor has only done once, then you're off your f*#@ing rocker.

LoL I haven't even said if storm can beat hulk or not, all i said was storm can block a thunderclap laughing out loud

ThePittman
Well she could stop the shockwave in the air with the dome by messing with the air in theory but the shockwave is not only limited to the air but also travels though the ground at the same time and if she is standing on the ground she would be ripped apart.

batdude123
Batdude, are you an avid Hulk reader? He's been portrayed at those levels on many occasions, and has been shown to reach levels of rage quickly that would put him there. People saying he can't is just comic board myth.

Class 100 doesn't begin to touch on how powerful he is.

I do read Hulk, actually.

And he's only done something like that once.

That feat is beyond PIS.

Beta Ray Howard

He's done similar on more than one occasion. It's canon, so deal with it.

It works as a concussive and sonic explosion, and has been portrayed as such on more than one occasion.

Also, he can't project energy, but he can redirect it because of the unique body makeup he posesses.

Air Pressure cannot negate a concussive force. That's a fact.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I can't see storm dishing out enough Dmg to beat Hulk. ALL he needs is one shot and she is pretty much done. She certainly isn't going to over come a being with Extremely High resistance to DMG AND the Best Healing factor in comics.

lorddreamer
I been hearing all about air pressure and other defences that may or not exist.... but how the hell can storm WIN?? Seriously, shed get tired constantly pressuring air or w/e Hulk can clap his hands all day...

Beta Ray Howard
I do read Hulk, actually.

And he's only done something like that once.

That feat is beyond PIS.

Then so is Superman turning the wheels of Mageddon. Everyone has abstract strength feats. There's no reason to go yelling PIS for no reason whatsoever.

He's done similar in Defenders on more than one occasion, such as punching through time storms, pulling people out of them through sheer force, etc.

The Weather God
Air Pressure is impossible as used in this defense of Storm's (to produce air pressure the gas must be compressed by something). To defend herself with air she would have to expell it from very near her body at extreme speeds for a long period of time. There is very little difference between air pressure and wind as pressure gradiants are the cause of winds on earth.

If she was really good she could create a wave of negative pressure to oppose Hulks thunderclap

Air pressure can cause earthquakes? laughing laughing laughing

Weather earthquakes can be caused by air pressure trapped underground.

Also as i said storm haves complete control over air molecules.

Beta Ray Howard

Where was this stated, and what has she done with it?

batdude123
Then so is Superman turning the wheels of Mageddon. Everyone has abstract strength feats. There's no reason to go yelling PIS for no reason whatsoever.

He's done similar in Defenders on more than one occasion, such as punching through time storms, pulling people out of them through sheer force, etc.

I don't like even mentioning the Megeddon feat at all. I usually go by averages. Superman isn't consistently portrayed at solar system moving strength... and Hulk isn't usually portrayed at dimension clapping strength. And Thor usually isn't portrayed at Earth lifting strength.

Still though, on average Hulk is well above Storm and would beat her pretty bad.

The Weather God

Prove it! if it was powerful enough to block blasting music, giant falling rocks, create earthquakes, and blow through a mountain then why couldn't it block a thunderclap.

Space M ummy
He's done similar on more than one occasion. It's canon, so deal with it.

It works as a concussive and sonic explosion, and has been portrayed as such on more than one occasion.

Also, he can't project energy, but he can redirect it because of the unique body makeup he posesses.

Sonic attacks won't work in a vaccuum. put a billion decibel source right next to your ear in space and you can't hear it, because sound needs a medium to travel through.

also: the "concussive force" in this case IS air PLUS sound. it's not energy projection re: cyclops or something, it's only two objects impacting at high speed.

lack of air would most CERTAINLY negate the damage a thunderclap would do, because a thunderclap needs air to be effective.

Beta Ray Howard
I don't like even mentioning the Megeddon feat at all. I usually go by averages. Superman isn't consistently portrayed at solar system moving strength... and Hulk isn't usually portrayed at dimension clapping strength. And Thor usually isn't portrayed at Earth lifting strength.

Still though, on average Hulk is well above Storm and would beat her pretty bad.

Yep. That's essentially the point that needs to get across. Right now it's funny watching Weather God grasp at straws.

Symmetric Chaos
Weather earthquakes can be caused by air pressure trapped underground.

Weather Earthquakes? Did you just make this up or what?

There's not really a ton of air underground (most of it's top side)

Beta Ray Howard
Sonic attacks won't work in a vaccuum. put a billion decibel source right next to your ear in space and you can't hear it, because sound needs a medium to travel through.

also: the "concussive force" in this case IS air PLUS sound. it's not energy projection re: cyclops or something, it's only two objects impacting at high speed.

lack of air would most CERTAINLY negate the damage a thunderclap would do, because a thunderclap needs air to be effective.

Not always. Hulk's used it on more than one occasion. Essentially, the Thunderclap is a major kinetic force because of the power of Hulk's muscles. It's similar to Black Bolt's scream, but on average isn't as powerful.

The Weather God
Where was this stated, and what has she done with it?

Create an air pressure dome, control the weather, create weather earthquakes, and disarm this gunman, and blow the whole roof off of that joint.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6775/airpressurea2cr.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9159/airpressureb4bl.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
IN order to take out a being like the Hulk, you need like Thor power, or Siver Surfer Power. Storm is neither.

Space M ummy
Yep. That's essentially the point that needs to get across. Right now it's funny watching Weather God grasp at straws.

more likely than not hulk would beat storm, if no other reason than she would wear down a lot faster than he would. Hulk can go for weeks at peak output, IIRC.

still, there are some DISTURBINGLY bad arguments in here. Air pressure getting underground and causing earthquakes? Jesus

Beta Ray Howard
Prove it! if it was powerful enough to block blasting music, giant falling rocks, create earthquakes, and blow through a mountain then why couldn't it block a thunderclap.

no expression

If you could read a bit better, you would know already.

Those thunderclaps have done more damage than what Storm can protect. Nothing short of Magneto's shields could hold back Hulk's force.

The Weather God
Weather Earthquakes? Did you just make this up or what?

There's not really a ton of air underground (most of it's top side)

I said air pressure trapped underground, seeing that storm can control air molecules she can get that air underground to increase.

Beta Ray Howard
Create an air pressure dome, control the weather, create weather earthquakes, and disarm this gunman, and blow the whole roof off of that joint.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6775/airpressurea2cr.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9159/airpressureb4bl.th.jpg

That's it? Pretty weak. erm

Symmetric Chaos
I said air pressure trapped underground, seeing that storm can control air molecules she can get that air underground to increase.

So through a massive bit of luck there will just always happen to be a building sized pocket of air right below her if she needs it?

The Weather God
still, there are some DISTURBINGLY bad arguments in here. Air pressure getting underground and causing earthquakes? Jesus

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2866/thatearthquarkthing23qh.th.jpg
Read and see that she can create earthquakes, weather earthquakes are believe to be caused by massive air pressure trapped underground, as i said she can go through a mountain with an air pressure dome.

Space M ummy
Not always. Hulk's used it on more than one occasion. Essentially, the Thunderclap is a major kinetic force because of the power of Hulk's muscles. It's similar to Black Bolt's scream, but on average isn't as powerful.

Ok, no.

Black bolt is an energy projector, and a MAJOR one at that- his scream is attributed to electron manipulation.

Hulk's thunderclap is...say it with me...two hands clapping together REALLY hard.

completely different. It's not a "kinetic attack" as hulk doesn't have that ability. Other class 100+ characters (colossus? I forget) have ALSO thunderclapped to KO opponents, and it's the same deal.

The "concussive force" is a sonic + air pressure assault. NOT a kinetic attack i.e. speedball and DEFINITELY nowhere near being close to black bolt.

Doctor S.T.D.
Storm Freezes him into absolute zro temps.

Beta Ray Howard
Ok, no.

Black bolt is an energy projector, and a MAJOR one at that- his scream is attributed to electron manipulation.

Hulk's thunderclap is...say it with me...two hands clapping together REALLY hard.

completely different. It's not a "kinetic attack" as hulk doesn't have that ability. Other class 100+ characters (colossus? I forget) have ALSO thunderclapped to KO opponents, and it's the same deal.

The "concussive force" is a sonic + air pressure assault. NOT a kinetic attack i.e. speedball and DEFINITELY nowhere near being close to black bolt.

Waitaminute, you're comparing Colossus to Hulk?

laughing laughing .

First of all, Hulk's body, like I said before, is unique. With his hands, he's been able to redirect energy back at whomever fires it, and do all sorts of crazy things. Hell, he can detect Astral forms as well. So saying that it's not kinetic energy, when it has been stated in a comic to be, then you're grasping at straws.

The Weather God
So through a massive bit of luck there will just always happen to be a building sized pocket of air right below her if she needs it?

If storm can increase the air underground then she can.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.

She'd be frozen herself as well.

batdude123

I think he was being sarcastic.

Doctor S.T.D.

Probably I'm a bit drunk, do u realise hoe late It is in the UK ?

The Weather God

Storm would kill herself freezing that low, she also can't freeze to absolute zero, but she can go to subzero temperatures.

Symmetric Chaos
I think he was being sarcastic.

would it work if she could do it though? (obviously shes not getting to absolute zero but how about really extreme cold?)

Doctor S.T.D.
Storm would kill herself freezing that low, she also can't freeze to absolute zero, but she can go to subzero temperatures.

Thats an oxymoron, myfriend !

Space M ummy
Waitaminute, you're comparing Colossus to Hulk?

laughing laughing .

First of all, Hulk's body, like I said before, is unique. With his hands, he's been able to redirect energy back at whomever fires it, and do all sorts of crazy things. Hell, he can detect Astral forms as well. So saying that it's not kinetic energy, when it has been stated in a comic to be, then you're grasping at straws.

no, you're the one grasping at straws.

Colossus and other characters besides hulk have also pulled off a thunderclap (it's not a hulk exclusive power at ALL) , and what they both have in common is NEITHER is an energy projector.

a thunderclap is a "kinetic attack" in the same way punching someone in the face is. it's just force hitting an object, in this case the force is caused by...again..AIR PLUS SOUND. It's not rocket science, jesus. A thunderclap isn't a mysterious energy force that's generated excusively by hulk rubbing his hands together, which SEEMS to be what you're asserting.

Again, Thunderclaps won't work in a vaccuum, and "dimension destroying" ones are COMPLETE bullshit.

The Weather God
would it work if she could do it though? (obviously shes not getting to absolute zero but how about really extreme cold?)

I'm not sure if she can freeze hulk but she has froze colossus before
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2235/frozencolossus8kl.th.jpg

batdude123

I doubt a little cold weather is gonna stop Hulk from coming after her.

Space M ummy
I'm not sure if she can freeze hulk but she has froze colossus before
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2235/frozencolossus8kl.th.jpg

Eh, storm nearly died in Xmen unlimited hanging out in an arctic snowstorm. Any temperatures cold enough to immobilize hulk would probably kill her in the attempt.

Hulk wins here.

Badabing
Probably I'm a bit drunk, do u realise hoe late It is in the UK ?
You keep drinking and having a good time over there. cool

Everybody else, calm down. These are COMICS and not politics or religion.

Symmetric Chaos
I doubt a little cold weather is gonna stop Hulk from coming after her.

I agree but atleast it was another aproach to the question (no matter how drunk he was when he said it)

ThePittman

The Weather God
Eh, storm nearly died in Xmen unlimited hanging out in an arctic snowstorm. Any temperatures cold enough to immobilize hulk would probably kill her in the attempt.

Storm doesn't have to freeze herself to freeze someone, however storm was able to create an ice-storm in an instant.

She uses rain first and then drops the temperature instantly to make a flash freeze.
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3152/flashfrozen6mp.th.jpg

She was also able to make him feel the effects of cold air here.
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/3973/sch2kd.th.jpg

Space M ummy
You keep drinking and having a good time over there. cool

Everybody else, calm down. These are COMICS and not politics or religion.

This is true.

That being said, the Pope with Prep could take out G.W. Bush 10/10, if he gets the popemobile and all gadgets.

further offtopic:

The Weather God, nothing in your scan says "earthquakes are caused by air pressure." it just says she's causing one. Considering all the other things she does, It's not beyond the realm of comic book physics to just assume it happens because she says it does.

Earthquakes are caused by earth's tectonic plates (in the billions upon billions of tons if not more) shifting around for a variety of reasons, most of which have to do with the earth's mantle being liquid and MUCH higher pressure than the air.

Please, make the bad science stop. my head is killing me.

ThePittman

The Weather God
The Weather God, nothing in your scan says "earthquakes are caused by air pressure." it just says she's causing one. Considering all the other things she does, It's not beyond the realm of comic book physics to just assume it happens because she says it does.

Earthquakes are caused by earth's tectonic plates (in the billions upon billions of tons if not more) shifting around for a variety of reasons, most of which have to do with the earth's mantle being liquid and MUCH higher pressure than the air.

Please, make the bad science stop. my head is killing me.

I never said the comic said she created the earthquakes with air pressure, i said weather earth-quakes are caused by massive amounts of air pressure trapped underground.

The Weather God

Space M ummy
I never said the comic said she created the earthquakes with air pressure, i said weather earth-quakes are caused by massive amounts of air pressure trapped underground.

where did you get the idea of a "weather earthquake caused by air pressure?" these don't exist. you might as well say "candy earthquakes caused by too many M&M's trapped under the earth."

they're both complete fiction.

Doctor S.T.D.

Massive amounts of AIR pressure, trapped underground ? confused

Badabing
where did you get the idea of a "weather earthquake caused by air pressure?" these don't exist. you might as well say "candy earthquakes caused by too many M&M's trapped under the earth."

"Candy earthquakes caused by too many M&M's trapped under the earth."
eek! laughing laughing

The Weather God

I can't remember where i read it from but that was the case when i typed in weather earthquakes, it was believe that weather earthquakes were caused by air pressure trapped underground, seeing that storm haves complete control over air she should be able to increase the air underground to cause the earthquake.

Doctor S.T.D.
I can't remember where i read it from but that was the case when i typed in weather earthquakes, it was believe that weather earthquakes were caused by air pressure trapped underground, seeing that storm haves complete control over air she should be able to increase the air underground to cause the earthquake.

Once again, AIR Pressure, underground ?

ThePittman
I never said the comic said she created the earthquakes with air pressure, i said weather earth-quakes are caused by massive amounts of air pressure trapped underground. Well if you are talking about Aristotle idea that trapped air pressure underground could cause earthquakes, that theory has been debunked a long time ago and proven to be false. The only way that she could in theory cause an earthquake is to dramatically lower the air pressure around a tectonic plate.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well if you are talking about Aristotle idea that trapped air pressure underground could cause earthquakes, that theory has been debunked a long time ago and proven to be false. The only way that she could in theory cause an earthquake is to dramatically lower the air pressure around a tectonic plate.

U know about Aristotle, he is my favourite philosopher, with the exception of David Hume ?

The Weather God
Well if you are talking about Aristotle idea that trapped air pressure underground could cause earthquakes, that theory has been debunked a long time ago and proven to be false. The only way that she could in theory cause an earthquake is to dramatically lower the air pressure around a tectonic plate.

Humm i wonder how she created it, maybe she tapped into the earth and caused it seeing that she is telepathically linked to the planet.

playa1258
You need Superman/Thor/Silver Surfer level power to take on hulk. not a african bimbo who can shoot pansy ass lighting bolts.

ThePittman

Space M ummy

just so you know:

Does weather cause earthquakes? No. Earthquakes originate miles underground. Wind, precipitation, and temperature affect only the surface and shallow subsurface of the Earth. Earthquakes are focused at depths well out of the reach of weather. Earthquakes occur in all types of weather, in all climate zones, in all seasons of the year, and at any time of day.

Sometimes, we are asked: "Do earthquakes change the weather in any way? Earthquakes themselves do not cause weather to change. Earthquakes, however, are a part of global tectonics, a process that often changes the elevation of the land and its morphology. Tectonics can cause inland areas to become coastal or vice versa. Changes significant to alter the climate occur over millions of years, however, and after many earthquakes.

http://geology.er.usgs.gov/eastern/earthquakes/faq11.html

always be sure sources you find online are credible! This will help you in real life AND comic book battles!

And knowing is half the battle

ThePittman
U know about Aristotle, he is my favourite philosopher, with the exception of David Hume ? Not familiar with David Hume

Doctor S.T.D.

Doctor S.T.D.
Not familiar with David Hume

He's like the original Richard Dawkins, the ******* who REALy REALly hates religion nowadays,

The Weather God
just so you know:

Does weather cause earthquakes? No. Earthquakes originate miles underground. Wind, precipitation, and temperature affect only the surface and shallow subsurface of the Earth. Earthquakes are focused at depths well out of the reach of weather. Earthquakes occur in all types of weather, in all climate zones, in all seasons of the year, and at any time of day.

Sometimes, we are asked: "Do earthquakes change the weather in any way? Earthquakes themselves do not cause weather to change. Earthquakes, however, are a part of global tectonics, a process that often changes the elevation of the land and its morphology. Tectonics can cause inland areas to become coastal or vice versa. Changes significant to alter the climate occur over millions of years, however, and after many earthquakes.

http://geology.er.usgs.gov/eastern/earthquakes/faq11.html

always be sure sources you find online are credible! This will help you in real life AND comic book battles!

And knowing is half the battle

Then storm must have tapped into the earth's power to cause it is the only solution i can come up with.

ThePittman

Space M ummy
Then storm must have tapped into the earth's power to cause it is the only solution i can come up with.

here's the solution, for FREE!

Bad writer: storm controls weather, and earthquakes are weather, right?
Bad editor: Hell if I know, I was a journalism major. Who'll notice? Put it in.

And there you go

other than say, right next to the sun, space is REALLY freaking cold for reasons I'm too tired to get into right now. Hulk not being frozen in space is also unfortunately also due to really bad writing.

Doctor S.T.D.

The Weather God
here's the solution, for FREE!

Bad writer: storm controls weather, and earthquakes are weather, right?
Bad editor: Hell if I know, I was a journalism major. Who'll notice? Put it in.

And there you go

Storm is connected to the planet and she can draw energy from it, so i don't see it being out of her powerset to cause an earthquake.

Doctor S.T.D.
Storm is connected to the planet and she can draw energy from it, so i don't see it being out of her powerset to cause an earthquake.

I'm connected to the frinkin planet, doesn't mean i can cause Earthquakes when i fart.

The Weather God
I'm connected to the frinkin planet, doesn't mean i can cause Earthquakes when i fart.

Your not telepathically linked to the planet, storm can draw energy from it.

Space M ummy

no one's disputing she can cause one (it is being done on panel after all) but trying to find an explanation as to WHY or HOW when her powers are described as being weather related (when earthquakes aren't weather) is an exercise in futility.

it is, because the writers say it is, combined with some bad/lazy writing. happens all the time.

Doctor S.T.D.
Your not telepathically linked to the planet, storm can draw energy from it.

Garbage ! She would Telekinetic-ally be vapourising peoples hearts if she could DO ANYTHING, with that energy.

Doctor S.T.D.
no one's disputing she can cause one (it is being done on panel after all) but trying to find an explanation as to WHY or HOW when her powers are described as being weather related (when earthquakes aren't weather) is an exercise in futility.

it is, because the writers say it is, combined with some bad/lazy writing. happens all the time.

Since when has she been able to create Earthquakes ever ? She's basically a telekinetic if she can do that.

The Weather God

But maybe the writer saw storm's connection to the earth and felt that she would be able to create earthquakes by tapping into it.

Just a theory, it's not like you know what the writer is thinking to judge this as fact of bad writing.

The Weather God
Garbage ! She would Telekinetic-ally be vapourising peoples hearts if she could DO ANYTHING, with that energy.

Then why is she here stating that she feels the planet

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5980/feelinghurricaneva2.th.jpg

Storm does have a natural bond with the planet and she can absorb it's energys.

ThePittman
Without the presence of matter there really isn't anything cold or hot, it depends on your relation ship to the sun. The side facing the sun will be hot but the side away will be cold however cold really doesn't exist; it is just an absence of heat.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980301b.html

Doctor S.T.D.
Then why is she here stating that she feels the planet

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5980/feelinghurricaneva2.th.jpg

Storm does have a natural bond with the planet and she can absorb it's energys.

I dopnt doubt that, I doubt that she can move the Earth with that telekinetic energy. Its out of her Climatic range. Anyone who differs otherwise, has been writing too many T.Vo comics.

Doctor S.T.D.
Without the presence of matter there really isn't anything cold or hot, it depends on your relation ship to the sun. The side facing the sun will be hot but the side away will be cold however cold really doesn't exist; it is just an absence of heat.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980301b.html

The void of space is filled with matter, do some research into quantum theory and Zero point energy. Wiki; the Kasmir Effect.

The Weather God
I dopnt doubt that, I doubt that she can move the Earth with that telekinetic energy. Its out of her Climatic range. Anyone who differs otherwise, has been writing too many T.Vo comics.

Believe what you may.

guy222
The void of space is filled with matter, do some research into quantum theory and Zero point energy. Wiki; the Kasmir Effect.

interesting

Doctor S.T.D.
Believe what you may.

And what everyone else, 'MAY'.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by guy222
interesting

Sarcasm ?

ThePittman

The Weather God
And what everyone else, 'MAY'.

There is no sure evidence it was bad writing but there is a sure evidence that she can create them, and that she is linked to the planet.

RisingStorm
WHY ARE ALL OLD STORM VERSUS THREADS GETS RESURRECTED????

Sorry for the caps, but this is hella ANNOYING!

MightyEInherjar
Wait...what's an earthquake supposed to do to Hulk again? Just recently, he jumped into the mantle of another planet to HOLD two shifting tectonic plates together, then proceeded to jump out of the magma pissed and fairly unscathed.

So, the earthquake starts, and Hulk just looks at the stupid ground cracking and jumps away from it like always...or takes a chunk of rock from the shifting ground and hurls it at Storm's head faster than she can say her name in bushman click language.

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry, but this statement is rather rediculous. I understand you love Storm, but don't be an idiot.

I don't care if Cyclops happened to miss her with a blast, she's not fast enough to do shit like that. It was Cyclops body being controlled by someone else anyway iirc.Originally posted by The Weather God
lol you must not know what it is, you do realize storm can blow a hole through an entire mountain with it? Hyperbole. Show it on panel.Originally posted by The Weather God
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1940/thatearthquarkthing1hq.th.jpghttp://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2866/thatearthquarkthing23qh.th.jpg Originally posted by The Weather God
are believe to be caused by massive air pressure trapped underground, as i said she can go through a mountain with an air pressure dome. Weather earthquake? What the f**k? She uprooted a tree - and the writer decided to refer to that as an earthquake. no expression

Hulk probably wins due to her simply not having anything to put him down.

The Weather God
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Wait...what's an earthquake supposed to do to Hulk again? Just recently, he jumped into the mantle of another planet to HOLD two shifting tectonic plates together, then proceeded to jump out of the magma pissed and fairly unscathed.

So, the earthquake starts, and Hulk just looks at the stupid ground cracking and jumps away from it like always...or takes a chunk of rock from the shifting ground and hurls it at Storm's head faster than she can say her name in bushman click language.

lol it had nothing to do with storm creating earthquakes, i believe we were off topic.

The Weather God
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Weather earthquake? What the f**k? She uprooted a tree - and the writer decided to refer to that as an earthquake. no expression

Please don't start, it was considered an earthquake however way you put it.

xmarksthespot
Please don't start it was considered an earthquake however way you put it. And how is that supposed to help her fight Hulk?

The Weather God
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
And how is that supposed to help her fight Hulk?

It had nothing to do with her fight against hulk, we were off topic as i've already stated before.

Doctor S.T.D.
It had nothing to do with her fight against hulk, we were off topic as i've already stated before.

I said something about freezing him, and u whent onto saying she could create Earthquakes.

The Weather God
I said something about freezing him, and u whent onto saying she could create Earthquakes.

No i didn't, we were talking about her air pressure dome blocking his thunderclap, i was trying to show things with her using air pressure and thought the earthquakes were caused by massive amounts of air trapped underground, it was proven wrong and we were trying to identify how she created it.(off topic)

I believe it was created due to her connection with the planet.

Doctor S.T.D.
No i didn't, we were talking about her air pressure dome blocking his thunderclap, i was trying to show things with her using air pressure and thought the earthquakes were caused by massive amounts of air trapped underground, it was proven wrong and we were trying to identify how she created it.(off topic)

I believe it was created due to her connection with the planet.

Not relevant, any more. But good Arguing with u! Hulk wins by some distance IMO. When you consider that Thor's most powerful blows only stagger the Hulk, i cant see Storm really doing much. Especially when she has only conventional control over the weather, instead of transcendental control.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar

I hate it when people try to bring science and physics into a debate, and then something like this gets posted. Hulk pulling two tectonic plates together is impossible no matter how strong he is. After he were to grab them and try to pull them together, a chunk would just break off. Also him picking up the space ship a few issues earlier would be impossible as well. The weight of the ship would have driven him into the ground like a hammer and a nail.

Beta Ray Howard
I hate it when people try to bring science and physics into a debate, and then something like this gets posted. Hulk pulling two tectonic plates together is impossible no matter how strong he is. After he were to grab them and try to pull them together, a chunk would just break off. Also him picking up the space ship a few issues earlier would be impossible as well. The weight of the ship would have driven him into the ground like a hammer and a nail.

It's because comics use a loose sense of physics. Applying real world science 100 percent of the time is just stupid.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>