Classic Juggernaut (Vs.) Current Iceman...help me settle a dispute.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Don't know if this has been done or not, but I've been wondering about this fight for awhile now and wanted to ask your guys opinions....

What would happen if the current Iceman fought the classic Juggernaut? A friend of mine and myself disagreed on this....He said Juggernaut would win, I say differently. What do you think?

Could Iceman stop him? Could he flash freeze Juggy? Or moisture invert him? I know Juggernaut was invulnerable to extreme temperatures, even surviving the cold vastness of space, but could he survive a no holds barred battle with Iceman?

Could Bobby rip the water from Juggernaut's body? Or turn the water in his body into gas? Or turn his head into water vapor? Or live as the water inside Juggernaut's body? Or get thru his mystical forcefield even?

Iceman is written to be so powerful nowadays and honestly, I'm not exactly up to date on everything Iceman these days....but I do know a thing or two about the classic Juggernaut. But I am very curious about what everyone thinks about this fight....

Scenario #1 - Fight takes place at the North Pole
Scenario #2 - Fight takes place on the moon.
Scenario #3 - Fight takes place in the middle of the Sahara Desert.
Scenario #4 - Fight takes place in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

DISCUSS AWAY.............................................

King Kandy
He can take all the heat out of Juggernaut, so that he can't move.

masterbruce
Bobby can't kill Cain, but neither can Cain kill Bobby.

Bobby does have the upperhand in that he can do more to Cain than the other way around.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by King Kandy

Interesting...I hadn't considered that option.

Anyone else?

Brian Oswald
Pretty much Iceman has lots of versatility, he can go up high and attack Juggs or turn into mist and attack. If IM wants to Juggs cant touch him at all. So even if he cant kill Juggs he can still damage him and IMs damage(any at all) is better than no damage at all. Thats how I see it

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Pretty much Iceman has lots of versatility, he can go up high and attack Juggs or turn into mist and attack. If IM wants to Juggs cant touch him at all. So even if he cant kill Juggs he can still damage him and IMs damage(any at all) is better than no damage at all. Thats how I see it

Iceman isn't damaging Juggernaut. The most he could do is temporarily freeze him. Juggernaut could also thunderclap and KO Iceman.

This is a stalemate, Iceman could freeze him, but eventually Cain would get out. But Iceman basically has unlimited potential there.

Juggs wins this, there is no moister for Iceman to drawn on.

Practically the same as above, IM will run out of energy.

Another stalemate, although Juggs won't be able to do much.

Comicbook_kid

So, would this be the same thing as freezing him at "absolute zero" technically? Or something else?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
So, would this be the same thing as freezing him at "absolute zero" technically? Or something else?
Yah, it's an "Absolute Zero" freeze.

Comicbook_kid
Yah, it's an "Absolute Zero" freeze.

But if Juggernaut can survive in the sub-zero temperatures of the void of space, couldn't he survive an "absolute zero" freeze from Iceman?

Symmetric Chaos
But if Juggernaut can survive in the sub-zero temperatures of the void of space, couldn't he survive an "absolute zero" freeze from Iceman?

space is not always freezing stray radiation provides heat near a star the radiation is extremely intense.

Absolute zero is colder than space and since it prevents all motion in atoms it would stop Juggs (but probably not kill him)

keak da sneak
juggy wins he tunderclaps n iceman is KOed n i dont think cold hurt juggernaut

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by keak da sneak
juggy wins he tunderclaps n iceman is KOed n i dont think cold hurt juggernaut

Yea his body is protected by magic spells. IM could temporarily freeze him, if he isn't in motion, but he isn't going to KO or Kill him.

guy222
Don't know if this has been done or not, but I've been wondering about this fight for awhile now and wanted to ask your guys opinions....

What would happen if the current Iceman fought the classic Juggernaut? A friend of mine and myself disagreed on this....He said Juggernaut would win, I say differently. What do you think?

Could Iceman stop him? Could he flash freeze Juggy? Or moisture invert him? I know Juggernaut was invulnerable to extreme temperatures, even surviving the cold vastness of space, but could he survive a no holds barred battle with Iceman?

Could Bobby rip the water from Juggernaut's body? Or turn the water in his body into gas? Or turn his head into water vapor? Or live as the water inside Juggernaut's body? Or get thru his mystical forcefield even?

Iceman is written to be so powerful nowadays and honestly, I'm not exactly up to date on everything Iceman these days....but I do know a thing or two about the classic Juggernaut. But I am very curious about what everyone thinks about this fight....

DISCUSS AWAY.............................................

juggy knocks his head off big grin

jrodslam
How was classic Juggys helmet able to be removed by his opponents(X-Men) in the comics? Can someone answer that for me?

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by jrodslam
How was classic Juggys helmet able to be removed by his opponents(X-Men) in the comics? Can someone answer that for me?

In his first appearance it was team work. Some of the X-men would distract him, then another would attack him and loosen his helmet without him knowing. Rinse and repeat until it comes off.

Some people have been able to pull it off or break it off as well depending on if he also had it welded or riveted on.

hawkwind
actually I say Classic iceman could beat Classic Juggernaut.
heres how.
since juggernaut can not be stopped once he is moving. this is his downfall. put an ice slide underneath him while he is in motion. then you can full control of where juggernaut is going by controlling his forward motion.people never think what happens if we push juggernaut from behind while he is moving.

StarsNeverFall7
Juggy can go knocking limbs off all he wants, hell he could even shatter him to pieces, it isn't going to do much. As long as there is a lick of water in Juggs, or anywhere near the area Bobby takes the majority. Juggernaut can not be physically harmed, but this isn't technically a physical harm at all.

Iceman takes the vast majority on all but the desert where he takes a slight majority.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by hawkwind
actually I say Classic iceman could beat Classic Juggernaut.
heres how.
since juggernaut can not be stopped once he is moving. this is his downfall. put an ice slide underneath him while he is in motion. then you can full control of where juggernaut is going by controlling his forward motion.people never think what happens if we push juggernaut from behind while he is moving.

That won't work. Jean Grey lifted Juggernaut off the ground and he was still advancing toward Prof. X while in the air.

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Juggy can go knocking limbs off all he wants, hell he could even shatter him to pieces, it isn't going to do much. As long as there is a lick of water in Juggs, or anywhere near the area Bobby takes the majority. Juggernaut can not be physically harmed, but this isn't technically a physical harm at all.

Iceman takes the vast majority on all but the desert where he takes a slight majority.

Again, Juggy is protected by enchantments, Iceman isn't going to do something like that.

In two of the scenarios Juggy flat out wins. In other two it would be a stalemate, unless Juggs can BFR Iceman.

juggernaut74
Iceman would have to pull one of his hat tricks to take Juggy. Stalemate or edge to Juggy cause he won't tire or die.

Blair Wind
Iceman cannot be killed physically.

Basically:
Juggs smash.
Iceman is still alive in shattered pieces
He can reform or use his powers from the air.
How in the hell does juggs win. At all? no expression

keak da sneak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iceman cannot be killed physically.

Basically:
Juggs smash.
Iceman is still alive in shattered pieces
He can reform or use his powers from the air.
How in the hell does juggs win. At all? no expression

wtf since when could iceman heal or immortal

Blair Wind
Iceman cannot be killed while in his Ice form. Thats been a general rule for a while. Since emma frost took over his body, and he finally learned a thing or two about his own powers.

Then came X-men Forever in which he learned how to spread his consciousness around, and has done so a few times (turning into water, water vapor, mist.)

Then he once got shot by an arrow and blew up. His head was the only part left intact. What he did to get his body back? Stole the water of a "demon" killing her while reforming himself

Hell even in human form he cannot be killed. Northstar blew him up and he came back as mist no expression

Ptr_Grifin
Yea but Iceman was helpless while he was just a head. In that atmosphere he could do nothing, he couldn't draw water from the air. So at the moon and the Sahara Desert, Juggernaut wins. At the other two battle grounds, it would be a stalemate, unless Juggernaut could BFR him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.