The Revenge of Gaia, Not God but Mother Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Molly Hayes
The Earth, James Lovelock proposes, behaves as if it were a superorganism, made up from all the living things and from their material environment. When he first sketched out his brilliant Gaia theory in the 1970s, people around the world embraced it, and within a short time Gaia has moved from the margins of scientific research to the mainstream.

James Lovelock argues that such things as the level of oxygen, the formation of clouds, and the saltiness of the oceans may be controlled by interacting physical, chemical and biological processes. He believes that "the self-regulation of climate and chemical composition is a process that emerges from the rightly coupled evolution of rocks, air and the ocean - in addition to that of organisms. Such interlocking self-regulation, while rarely optimal - consider the cold and hot places of the earth, the wet and the dry - nevertheless keeps the Earth a place fit for life." Mother Nature is God and she is angry with us.

Gaia theory argue that human society, through greenhouse gas emissions and other forms of environmental degradation, has brought the natural world to the brink of a crisis.

Temperatures will rise, reliable supplies of water will be disrupted, life in the oceans will be compromised, food production will decline, and there will be mass migrations to areas of the planet's surface which remain habitable.

With fossil fuels currently the dominant source of energy, he sees a large-scale switch to nuclear power as vital if electricity supplies are to continue reliably and carbon dioxide emissions are to be brought down.

It seems a sensible idea as it places all the evils of the world even those against "God" who is Female as caused by Man and his need to destroy and degrade and contol the life giving female that is our mother Earth

Lord Urizen
I think that's very interesting....I always thought if God truly existed, it would be female, not male.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I think that's very interesting....I always thought if God truly existed, it would be female, not male.

...you portray a very simple understanding of "male" and "female".

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Bardock42
...you portray a very simple understanding of "male" and "female".

So be it

Marxman
The saltiness of the ocean is dependent on the amount of sperm the whales are producing. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Marxman
The saltiness of the ocean is dependent on the amount of sperm the whales are producing. no expression

why, just why

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

It's a scientific idea asa well as a religious one.

Robtard
James Lovelock is a self-hating, pathetic weenie... I love how he blames "Man"and when he says "Man" he doesn't mean "humans" he means "men"...

"his need to destroy and degrade and control the life giving female" <---This guy has some serious issues, either his mother or some former girlfriend really laid a guilt trip on him.

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by Robtard
James Lovelock is a self-hating, pathetic weenie... I love how he blames "Man"and when he says "Man" he doesn't mean "humans" he means "men"...

"his need to destroy and degrade and control the life giving female" <---This guy has some serious issues, either his mother or some former girlfriend really laid a guilt trip on him.

I added that bit

"It seems a sensible idea as it places all the evils of the world even those against "God" who is Female as caused by Man and his need to destroy and degrade and contol the life giving female that is our mother Earth"

If you knew who Lovelock was you wouldn't say that he is very respected. For someone with so many opinions you know very little, but you're cool on the internet. Good for you.

Robtard
Originally posted by Molly Hayes
I added that bit

"It seems a sensible idea as it places all the evils of the world even those against "God" who is Female as caused by Man and his need to destroy and degrade and contol the life giving female that is our mother Earth"

If you knew who Lovelock was you wouldn't say that he is very respected. For someone with so many opinions you know very little, but you're cool on the internet. Good for you.

You're an idiot... For one, do not "add" parts to someone else's written text without signifying it's yours. So, knowing that I was responding to that part which really wasn't his but yours, I obviously didn't call him anything. Duh.

I love how you're keeping with the whole "Girl who hates men" motiff of this sock. Have fun with it.

Molly Hayes
You're an idiot... For one, do not "add" parts to someone else's written text without signifying it's yours. So, knowing that I was responding to that part which really wasn't his but yours, I obviously didn't call him anything. Duh.

It was an opinion and if you read the post that's obvious.
Well you did because you stated James Lovelock was.
So you really aren't looking as cool now Rob, I thought you weren't reponding to me anymore! My bad you're angry now and realise I am a girl. O.K. I guess you don't talk to girls much so you can't tell what we're like in fact, I suspect you're on here so much you don't talk to many people. Calling people idiots in real life will get you in trouble, feel big doing it to a girl online I bet.

Robtard
Have fun trolling dude, may you hook many "fish".

"Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved."

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6958/ferrouske9.jpg

Molly Hayes
Have fun trolling dude, may you hook many "fish".

"Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved."

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6958/ferrouske9.jpg

So that's you and you really will never have a girlfriend

fini
HEYYYY, take this somewhere else. Fights with religious fundamentalists is ok here, but take your " you dont respect me cause i'm a girl" gripe elsewhere.

debbiejo
Gaia, is an old belief. It stems from the pagans and also the Native Americans...the Mother earth..........And yes I do believe that everything is connected to us all.......I don't know if it feels or not, but it would seem as many think that it reacts to actions upon it.
Not only is it the beliefs mentioned but older ones also like Kaballa. This doesn't mean that SHE is in charge of the earth but is the moving force in it. The action to the thought (Chakmah) which still isn't the all...It all derives from the source (Kether)...........A play in action.

Kether = Chokmah = Binah (Gaia) = Chased = Geborah= TIPHERET(Christ within) to etc..etc.. And the word was....From this are the world of flesh and thoughts and feelings.....the world as we know it to be.

debbiejo
The only unseen that is in action is Kether (source), Chokmah (male aspect) and Binah (female aspect) to the Tepheret (Love made real) and down to the reality of being of this planet....flesh......and so on and so on.......material, peace, physical, mind,...etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.