Is vader capable of performing acrobatics in the mechanical suit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
This is about Vader; I was wondering if he is able to perform acrobatics with artificial legs and the mechanical suit or is he limited by it?

Marxman
I would imagine the mechanical limbs would make him stronger. Grievous was pretty agile and he was all machine. Plus Vader can use the Force, thus making Ataru possible.

Plus I kinda think this belongs in the EU section or at least the OT section.

Rampant ox
No, his suit limits his mobility greatly. He will never be able to do the acrobatics that he once could. Im not sure if he would be able to use the force to help him or not, although I doubt it. Greivous is different altogether - he is completely mechanical (excluding gut sack but that irrelevant). Vader still has to use his organic stumps to move his artificial limbs.

Marxman
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Vader still has to use his organic stumps to move his artificial limbs. Yea but all his joints minus his hips, shoulders, and the one elbow of the hand Dooku got to are mechanical. So if the machinery made him stronger than he would be able to do some crazy shit. But if what you say is true, that the machinery actually limits him now, then scratch what I just said.

queeq
Scratch!

But still, I'm not so sure VAder is all stiff and slow.

((The_Anomaly))
Vader is still very fast, with very quick reflexes, and he can do force jumps etc. But he still isnt, nor will he ever be as agile as he was when he was Anakin.

Captain REX
Vader is considerably less acrobatic than he was. EU-wise, when he first gets the suit, he has to use the Force to help him be able to focus on walking at all. There's also numerous limitations and shortcomings listed in Rise of the Dark Lord, though Vader seems to get along with them quite well.

Still, he does jump once or twice in ESB and ROTJ.

queeq
He indeed looks slow and stuff.But Luke seems to have no trouble with his hand, nor did Anakin with his entire arm. So why would it be such a trouble?

Acting wise, the suit is heavy and clumsy, so it looks slow. But was it ever intended that way?

vintageSW77
it was never an issue before the PT
the fighting in the OT is now considered lethargic due to the PT jedi
Vader fought at varying speeds in the OT
watch him go prior to despatching Lukes hand
he aint that slow
and as stated elsewhere he does a nice jump in the carbonite chamber

Kadesh
He is ok, he is slower than anakin for sure though but still in that kind of situation him being able to do reflecxs and has shown amazing agility in CE, by that time he already is used to the suit

queeq
Originally posted by vintageSW77
it was never an issue before the PT
the fighting in the OT is now considered lethargic due to the PT jedi
Vader fought at varying speeds in the OT
watch him go prior to despatching Lukes hand
he aint that slow
and as stated elsewhere he does a nice jump in the carbonite chamber

Yup... damn PT.

PVS
we'll never know if he was capable of acrobatics since no situation ever called for it. maybe yes, maybe no.

Tangible God
He was fast, but I don't recall him ever doing anything close to what Anakin Skywalker could certainly do. That likely means he can't do them, since if he could why would he abandon such moves?

Marxman
Originally posted by queeq
Yup... damn PT. Word up.

Captain REX
Originally posted by queeq
He indeed looks slow and stuff.But Luke seems to have no trouble with his hand, nor did Anakin with his entire arm. So why would it be such a trouble?

Acting wise, the suit is heavy and clumsy, so it looks slow. But was it ever intended that way?

Was he intended to be slow? Well, maybe. Lucas had developed the idea that it wasn't just a menacing space suit by ESB, so he might have meant for him to be a little slow.

Must be said, it looks like it should be quite heavy.

PVS
he could have been instructed to go slow since he was duelling with a senior citizen.

queeq
Well, if you look at the way the Jedi move in TPM against the Battle droids, they on average move rather deliberate and don't jump around a lot.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Tangible God
He was fast, but I don't recall him ever doing anything close to what Anakin Skywalker could certainly do. That likely means he can't do them, since if he could why would he abandon such moves?

you got to look at it from the real world and what order/when these movies were released
Lucas speeded up the Jedi moves in the PT to keep up with kids weened on The MATRIX etc
back in the day Luke doing a couple of flips in ESB and ROTJ was as fast as it got

theres no abandoning moves
the zipping about of Qui Gon,Anakin,Obi etc in the PT is an afterthought to keep the kiddies interested

although its now seen as the way things are in the SW movie universe that the Jedi were zippy and consisted of every alien race featured in the OT not all of us have to like it

damn PT

Kadesh
He demonsrated acrobatics in crimson empires flashback, He looked like he was neo from the matrix beating the shit out of his opponent with a simple double bladed sword

queeq
EU ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it.

Tangible God
Originally posted by vintageSW77
you got to look at it from the real world and what order/when these movies were released
Lucas speeded up the Jedi moves in the PT to keep up with kids weened on The MATRIX etc
back in the day Luke doing a couple of flips in ESB and ROTJ was as fast as it got

theres no abandoning moves
the zipping about of Qui Gon,Anakin,Obi etc in the PT is an afterthought to keep the kiddies interested

although its now seen as the way things are in the SW movie universe that the Jedi were zippy and consisted of every alien race featured in the OT not all of us have to like it

damn PT Lord no, I hate Kit Fisto and whatever race he is. (I envy his pearly teeth).

The whole PT, IMO, was, whether Lucas consciously knows it or not, a way to make money. And to do that, he had to give today's audience the action, flashiness and stupidity they so need to keep the goo in their heads.

Whereas the more intelligent audiences of the 70's and 80's didn't need fast-paced, heart-exploding, seizure-inducing graphics to keep them entertained. All they needed was a well-paced ice-breaker to ease the tension of a possible nuclear attack by the Reds.

vintageSW77
i prefered it before the PT when everyone imagined the Jedi as human with Yoda being the exeption

now we got old duck face etc

queeq
laughing out loud

Jack Daniels
Vader has built into his suit an intervenus(is that spelled right? I.V. there..lol) supply of Jack Daniels that shoots up his adrenaline and makes him invulnerable(or so he thinks anyways...lol) so yeah he can do all kinds of acrobatics when his adrenaline kicks in.....lol...(actually he was suppose to have (EU) an I.V. that boosted his adrenaline and strength and speed etc.. as he needed it....read that long ago 25+ years ago...)wheelchair

queeq
Ah....

Nice to see my name in your sig.

PVS
hehehe time to milk the bantha

queeq
Feel free.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.