Zuesophobia -- Fear of God or gods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Now it got me thinking, a lot of the time, extremists would say atheists are afraid to admit God is the ruler or something, but are we afraid of God? Or are you afraid of God? So the question is, are religious people zeusophobic, or are non-religious people zeusophobic.

Shakyamunison
I don't fear things that don't exist. I guess that doesn't really answer your question. eek!

lord xyz
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't fear things that don't exist. I guess that doesn't really answer your question. eek! You told me you was a theist.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
You told me you was a theist.

I am... I don't believe in a "god", I believe in the Mystic Law. However, most people have no idea what I'm talking about so I call the Mystic Law "God". What do you think of that?

lord xyz
I am... I don't believe in a "god", I believe in the Mystic Law. However, most people have no idea what I'm talking about so I call the Mystic Law "God". What do you think of that? Hmm, well we were created, so I guess I belive in it aswell.

Shakyamunison
Hmm, well we were created, so I guess I belive in it aswell.

It all depends on what you mean by "created".

lord xyz
It all depends on what you mean by "created". As in something happened for us to exist.

Mindship
Why wouldn't it be "theophobia"?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Mindship
Why wouldn't it be "theophobia"? Maybe theo is latin.

Shakyamunison
As in something happened for us to exist.

Your mom and dad made you.

Storm
Theos is the Greek word for God.

Lord Urizen
Phobias are irrational by nature.

Since Atheists (true Atheists any way) do not beleive in God, they have no means by which to fear it.

Theists may fear God, but I doubt most Theists fear God in an irrational manner. I think only Zealots can truly fear God in such an irrational way that they could properly be labelled Zuesophobic.

Lord Urizen
Your mom and dad made you.

True, but who made the sperm and the egg ?

That poses an interesting question, and I do not blame Theists for beleiving a creation designer was responsible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
True, but who made the sperm and the egg ?

That poses an interesting question, and I do not blame Theists for beleiving a creation designer was responsible.

Before the sperm and egg we used asexual reproduction.

RocasAtoll
Before the sperm and egg we used asexual reproduction.

And who or what placed us there to have sex with ourselves?

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe it was some creepy voyeristic deity

Marxman
Now it got me thinking, a lot of the time, extremists would say atheists are afraid to admit God is the ruler or something, but are we afraid of God? Or are you afraid of God? So the question is, are religious people zeusophobic, or are non-religious people zeusophobic. Interesting thought. Religious people are often described as "God-fearing individuals". I, as an atheist, don't not believe in God because I'm afraid of it. If I was afraid that there is a God I'd be a theist simply because I would be afraid of the eternal damnation and all that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
And who or what placed us there to have sex with ourselves?

We have always been. The universe is alive. Life waits for the right circumstances to occur. 4 billion years ago, the circumstances happened on this planet.

Strangelove
It easy to fear a deity that has mood swings between destroying the world and claiming to want to save it. Eternal damnation and salvation vested in one ruler: ludicrous. Polytheism makes more sense because you know who to love and who to fear.

debbiejo
God doesn't need to be feared because fear is a insecurity and would god be insecure to want this?

Lord Urizen
God is a peadophile ~!

Capt_Fantastic
God is a peadophile ~!

Mary was supposedly around 15 or 16...so.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

Holy Scriptures of Orgasmism

Clause 69
Verse xxx 3-7

"The Almighty senteth thy shaft through the Virgin

Delivering unto her womb the Holy Spirit

When she was ripe

the best age to bear fruit"

Symmetric Chaos

so God is a ephebophilie not a pedophile

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
so God is a ephebophilie not a pedophile

why get so technical?

besides, god can't really have sex. unless you believe in the DaVinci Code.

Symmetric Chaos
why get so technical?

mild OCD

besides, god can't really have sex. unless you believe in the DaVinci Code.

God can't have sex? (no wonder he's always pissed)

Lord Urizen
God can't have sex? (no wonder he's always pissed)

God can have sex, for God is Orgasm

Holy Scriptures of the Orgasmism

Testiment of Orgy Kalima
Clause 69
Verse xxx 30-32

"I sayeth unto thee, Orgasm thy force by which all creation penetrates, is thy center of all might, of all hope, of all Faith

Thy sheer primal force of creation, the primal rage and fire by which thy universe spawned, made manifest through the flesh and beyond"

debbiejo
Marchello, you're awfully quiet.....Aren't ya going to quote some scriptures back??

Symmetric Chaos
God can have sex, for God is Orgasm

Holy Scriptures of the Orgasmism

Testiment of Orgy Kalima
Clause 69
Verse xxx 30-32

"I sayeth unto thee, Orgasm thy force by which all creation penetrates, is thy center of all might, of all hope, of all Faith

Thy sheer primal force of creation, the primal rage and fire by which thy universe spawned, made manifest through the flesh and beyond"

God and god alone permeates creation

"No one knows what the world will become when its god has disappeared. Though it's possible the world will survive as long as Suzumiya-san decides to have mercy upon it, it is also possible that it'll vanish in an instant." Itsuki Koizumi, prophet of the True God

debbiejo
Wow...........hahahahaha

Alfheim
Originally posted by Strangelove
It easy to fear a deity that has mood swings between destroying the world and claiming to want to save it. Eternal damnation and salvation vested in one ruler: ludicrous. Polytheism makes more sense because you know who to love and who to fear.

Or you can relate to the gods because they seemmore human.

Shakyamunison
God is a peadophile ~!

confused All things are part of God.

Storm
What is there to fear? Isn' t God supposed to be a loving, forgiving God?

Thundar
Originally posted by Storm

He is. Some of the fear comes from the inherent sin nature of man. Some comes from ignorance of knowing God in his entirety. Still, there should be a great respect that one has for God though. Not a fearful respect, but the respect a child has for their parent.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Thundar
He is. Some of the fear comes from the inherent sin nature of man. Some comes from ignorance of knowing God in his entirety. Still, there should be a great respect that one has for God though. Not a fearful respect, but the respect a child has for their parent.

I believe that this idea that human nature is sinful, leads to great evil and suffering. It allows people to have an escape goat; instead of looking at themselves and asking "why are we doing this or that?". The truth is that God is inside of each of us; our basic nature is the Buddha, everything we do is our fault, we have no excuse.

Robtard
I believe that this idea that human nature is sinful, leads to great evil and suffering. It allows people to have an escape goat; instead of looking at themselves and asking "why are we doing this or that?". The truth is that God is inside of each of us; our basic nature is the Buddha, everything we do is our fault, we have no excuse.

There you go again, ranting on with your pagan witchery.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
There you go again, ranting on with your pagan witchery.

Where do you get that? confused I'm ranting on with Buddhism not paganism. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz
What is there to fear? Isn' t God supposed to be a loving, forgiving God? Yes, supposed to be.

Lord Urizen

There is nothing to fear. Absolutely Nothing. For God is Orgasm, and Orgasm is pure bliss.....it is foolish to fear such a powerful goodness.

lord xyz
There is nothing to fear. Absolutely Nothing. For God is Orgasm, and Orgasm is pure bliss.....it is foolish to fear such a powerful goodness. ...

Lord Urizen

Open your eyes to the Truth my freind !

Submit to Orgasm, and know true power...know true freedom big grin

Symmetric Chaos
There is nothing to fear. Absolutely Nothing. For God is Orgasm, and Orgasm is pure bliss.....it is foolish to fear such a powerful goodness.

cannot a god forbid a mortal to be in its presence?

If god is pure bliss then without the presence of such a god all would be darkness and fear. There is plenty to fear from your god marchello . . . erm . . . Urizen.

Lord Urizen
cannot a god forbid a mortal to be in its presence?

If god is pure bliss then without the presence of such a god all would be darkness and fear. There is plenty to fear from your god marchello . . . erm . . . Urizen.

That is where your misconceptions arise. You, like Marcello, still subscribe to the beleif that God is a person.

God is not male, or female, God has no gender. Does your Orgasm itself have its own genitals ?

no

Genitals and Gender are nothing but instruments by which the Primal Force of Creation flows....

Orgasm cannot forbid anyone....

But you yourself can forbid orgasm....

God does not shun you, you shun God...

Invite God into your life....allow the Orgasm to take its place and you will know Peace....

Thundar

I don't think so. I think the belief of human imperfection gives one something to strive for and look forward to. I have also found that those who understand their faults as well as accept them, are prone to being more content with their lives. These people generally don't take themselves too seriously, possess a spirit of humility as oppossed to pride and fear, and are usually less judgemental when confronted with the imperfections of others.

Symmetric Chaos
That is where your misconceptions arise. You, like Marcello, still subscribe to the beleif that God is a person.

God is not male, or female, God has no gender. Does your Orgasm itself have its own genitals ?

no

Genitals and Gender are nothing but instruments by which the Primal Force of Creation flows....

Orgasm cannot forbid anyone....

But you yourself can forbid orgasm....

God does not shun you, you shun God...

Invite God into your life....allow the Orgasm to take its place and you will know Peace....

then your god lacks athority since it must be channeled through mortals

Yaweh kicks orgamisms proverbial ass
Haruhi kicks Yaweh's ass

I don't think so. I think the belief of human imperfection gives one something to strive for and look forward to. I have also found that those who understand their faults as well as accept them, are prone to being more content with their lives. These people generally don't take themselves too seriously, possess a spirit of humility as oppossed to pride and fear, and are usually less judgemental when confronted with the imperfections of others.

hmm . . . nice

Shakyamunison
I don't think so. I think the belief of human imperfection gives one something to strive for and look forward to. I have also found that those who understand their faults as well as accept them, are prone to being more content with their lives. These people generally don't take themselves too seriously, possess a spirit of humility as opposed to pride and fear, and are usually less judgemental when confronted with the imperfections of others.

The people I know in my life who are "people generally don't take themselves too seriously, possess a spirit of humility as opposed to pride and fear, and are usually less judgemental when confronted with the imperfections of others" are Buddhist. The judgment and hateful ones are Christian.

Thundar
The people I know in my life who are "people generally don't take themselves too seriously, possess a spirit of humility as opposed to pride and fear, and are usually less judgemental when confronted with the imperfections of others" are Buddhist. The judgment and hateful ones are Christian.

You do realize you've just passed a judgement on all Christians in the above referenced statements?

Shakyamunison
You do realize you've just passed a judgement on all Christians in the above referenced statements?

What kind of judgment? Are you confused? What about priests that molest children, should I not judge them?

Thundar
What kind of judgment? Are you confused?

You were quick to judge the actions of those labeled Christian as hateful, and made a favorable judgement towards those who identified themselves as Buddhists. I've been guilty of similar judgements myself, particularly in recent years. The older I get though, the more I tend to find that not everyone who calls themself a "Christian" is truly loving, nor is every person labeled as non-Christian truly unloving.

What about priests that molest children, should I not judge them?

One should definitely use "good judgement" when engaging with any individual they don't know very well, without assigning eternal damnation to them for any sinful actions they've commited, or making long term judgements about their character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.