Drax the Destroyer VS Superman (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
The twist is that Drax was created to destroy Superman instead of Thanos. Who wins?

DigiMark007
Well, then, he might win.

Drax has thrown down with most every high-level brawler in Marvel and not looked like a chump. Hulk, Thor, Thanos, Firelord, Surfer, etc.

So Supes wins, but Classic Drax would put up a good fight.

guy222
Originally posted by Bentley
The twist is that Drax was created to destroy Superman instead of Thanos. Who wins?

Drax

Redatom65
Supes would manage to survive and win.

Bentley
Well, Drax killed Thanos (finally) in his latest incarnation, what makes Supes win this fight?

Bentley
I'm afraid I'm still clueless about this fight. Any further comments?

darthgoober
The thing is, that even though Drax managed to kill Thanos, it wasn't in a strait up fight. Drax got him from behind while Thanos was busy messing with that machine. Every time the two of them have actually fought, Thanos beat Drax senseless. Supes still has way to much of an advantage in the speed department for Drax to pull any wins IMO. He could kill him with a cheap shot from behind like he had with Thanos, but in an actual fight Drax loses.

Bentley
Would you say that an enchaced Drax could kill the Surfer?

Soljer
Originally posted by Bentley
Would you say that an enchaced Drax could kill the Surfer?

How enhanced?

Bentley
Being created in order to kill Surfer instead of Thanos. Thats my "Drax modification thing" for this thread.

Soljer
If Drax is created to kill someone (and that someone isn't Skyfather+), then he'll kill them.

Eventually.

It took Drax a few ressurections to kill Thanos - it'd likely take him the same to down Superman or the Surfer. But eventually, he'd kill whoever he was created to kill.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Soljer
If Drax is created to kill someone (and that someone isn't Skyfather+), then he'll kill them.

Eventually.

It took Drax a few ressurections to kill Thanos - it'd likely take him the same to down Superman or the Surfer. But eventually, he'd kill whoever he was created to kill.

i suspect he only killed a clone.

Soljer
Originally posted by By Crom!
i suspect he only killed a clone.

I thought similarly, but hope that Marvel would be above such a cop out. I'd MUCH rather Thanos and Death be united in the under realm, and Thanos become the new multiversal Death. Or something of that sort.

Thanos was an AWESOME antagonist. But we don't NEED him back. Let the ***** stay dead!

By Crom!
I thought similarly, but hope that Marvel would be above such a cop out. I'd MUCH rather Thanos and Death be united in the under realm, and Thanos become the new multiversal Death. Or something of that sort.

Thanos was an AWESOME antagonist. But we don't NEED him back. Let the ***** stay dead!

Marvel never let anyone staye dead Sol, it took more than 50 years but Bucky came back. Thanos has been "dead" before and will be live again. One day even Mar Vell will return. It just takes a writer to decide they either want to do some novel or deconstructionist or purely for nostalgia or sales sakes. That's my opinoin anyway.

By Crom! smile

Soljer
Marvel never let anyone staye dead Sol, it took more than 50 years but Bucky came back. Thanos has been "dead" before and will be live again. One day even Mar Vell will return. It just takes a writer to decide they either want to do some novel or deconstructionist or purely for nostalgia or sales sakes. That's my opinoin anyway.

By Crom! smile

I'm aware, and I know that EVERYONE will return to the comic pages eventually.

And if they bring Thanos back in a decade? Whatever. It'll happen.

I just don't want to walk into a Comic shop next month and see Thanos' face plastered on a cover talking about how foolish Drax was not to see through his clone.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

By Crom!

I just don't want to walk into a Comic shop next month and see Thanos' face plastered on a cover talking about how foolish Drax was not to see through his clone.

Within a year Thanos will be back.

)

ExtraMision5555
yeah, thiers alot of characters that should stay dead but marvel really likes to resurrect everyone that dies

on a sadder note, i hope i didnt just spoil annihilation for myself by reading this thread sad

Soljer
Within a year Thanos will be back.

)

Meh, I know you're probably right.

I just wish they'd bring him back in a different role, at least. Like I said, make him Death, or make him do something within Death's realm, or....

But don't bring him back to the standard 616 cosmic landscape. Not yet....

By Crom!
Meh, I know you're probably right.

I just wish they'd bring him back in a different role, at least. Like I said, make him Death, or make him do something within Death's realm, or....

But don't bring him back to the standard 616 cosmic landscape. Not yet....

I'd like to see him rested for a bit, a new "master" villian is needed imo. I don't see it though.

leonidas
that WOULD be great. thanos was dead and buried for a long time. during his first incarnation (MTIO, mar-vell and MP era) he was my FAVOURITE.

he was brought back and utterly ruined with all the power-ups and such . . .

i hope he's gone a good long time again, and i hope when mar-vell DOES return, they remain true to the character. erm

oh, if drax was 'designed' to kill supes, he would be faster, stronger and likely have magical/k-nite enhancements + total resistance to tp/t-vo.

in THAT case i guess he COULD win.

Bentley
What kind of changes would you think an Anti-Supes Drax would have? Does it seem plausible to have them into the character -keep in mind the origins of Drax, dont turn him into a random Superman villain.

Soljer
Speed - to keep up with Superman. Some sort of invulnerability - because all Superman can really do is punch and use heat vision. Kryptonite fingernails.

Something like that.

Bentley
What I see in this thread is that, while Thanos dwarfs Drax with powers, the difference between him and Supes is not that big. If he is indeed fast enough to fight Superman (with other things designed to kill), would he take this?

By Crom!
Originally posted by leonidas
that WOULD be great. thanos was dead and buried for a long time. during his first incarnation (MTIO, mar-vell and MP era) he was my FAVOURITE.

he was brought back and utterly ruined with all the power-ups and such . . .

i hope he's gone a good long time again, and i hope when mar-vell DOES return, they remain true to the character. erm

oh, if drax was 'designed' to kill supes, he would be faster, stronger and likely have magical/k-nite enhancements + total resistance to tp/t-vo.

in THAT case i guess he COULD win.

I am to young to remember this era you speak of shifty I am glad you agree with me though shifty "Ancient one" you are indeed wise.

smile

rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.