Storm vs X-Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beta Ray Howard
Storm, the supposed Omega Level

vs

Wolfbane
Strong Guy
Havoc
Multiple Man
Quicksilver
Polaris

If she can beat Hulk, can she take a team that Hulk defeated by himself?

Brian Oswald
Team wins

Rutog98
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Team wins

I disagree. She could literally wipe out the tntire team with one tornado. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers and most of her attacks are omnidirectional.

Honestly, its either a draw or Storm wins. There is no way that team comes out of this fight unless its PIS.

King_Mungi
Are you forgeting what Polaris can do?

Rutog98
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Are you forgeting what Polaris can do?

I am not. Storm is a much more powerful mutant to Polaris and has overpowered her in the past with lightning alone. Magneto has to strain a tremendous amount against STorm's winds. Polaris is not even on the same page as Magneto and those winds can clobber everyone on the battlefield. Heck, Storm can instantly freeze the entire area in ice and beat the team that way. She's pulled this kind of stunt before. She's been able to generate ice strong enough to even hold Colossus for a while.

King_Mungi
My god with just a wave of her hand she can control the iron in her blood. Quicksilver can move at mutliple mach speeds if this is classic, and you better not claim Storm is a speedster as she isn't. Then Havok who has enough power...wait no, logical people will already know the outcome of this bout.

Storm is outclassed, outpowered and outnumbered.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Rutog98
I disagree. She could literally wipe out the tntire team with one tornado. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers and most of her attacks are omnidirectional.

Honestly, its either a draw or Storm wins. There is no way that team comes out of this fight unless its PIS. HAHA. seriously. wow. Polaris makes a shield and rips Storm's blood out. She takes the shield down and Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, MM and QS beat/tear/kick the shit out of her WTF?!KOED body and if they havn't desecrated her now very life-less corpse enough Havok comes in and evaporates it from existence no expression

Brian Oswald
Not to mention QS could just speedblitz her before she does anything. Considering he has SUPERSPEED and she does not

Rutog98
Polaris is not ripping anything out of STorm. STorm can very easily put an electrical field around herself. For Polaris to manipulate the iron in Storm's blood, she would have to project her magnetic energies into Storm's body. Storm can counter that with an electrical field as she has also deflected TK assaults with this same thing.

At the same time, she can whip up her winds and lightning and take the entire team out the first instant of the fight. Ororo outpowers the team. While they have numbers, her powers easily more than make up for that as her powers affect the entire area.

Polaris' shields aren't going to mean anything to Storm. Lorna should not even bother using the energy to put one up.

Storm can take out the whole team from the offset of the fight. Their only chance is to try and take her out at the very beginning as well for a double KO. They cannot avoid her attack nor can they withstand it.

You mention Quicksilver, he's not going to get to Storm. He has to physically move from where he is to where she is. She doesn't have to move anywhere to attack him. On top of that, STorm sticks to the air in most fights. Quicksilver cannot fly. Instances where he has ran on air, he is not as fast as a decent flier that I can recall.

King_Mungi
Your joking right?

Also why do you continually say she can do all those thing instantly? as she can't. Unless Storm has Multiple Man's powers and duplicats herself and fights multiple people who solo can take it to her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Brian Oswald
Polaris is not ripping anything out of STorm. STorm can very easily put an electrical field around herself. For Polaris to manipulate the iron in Storm's blood, she would have to project her magnetic energies into Storm's body. Storm can counter that with an electrical field as she has also deflected TK assaults with this same thing.

At the same time, she can whip up her winds and lightning and take the entire team out the first instant of the fight. Ororo outpowers the team. While they have numbers, her powers easily more than make up for that as her powers affect the entire area.

Polaris' shields aren't going to mean anything to Storm. Lorna should not even bother using the energy to put one up.

Storm can take out the whole team from the offset of the fight. Their only chance is to try and take her out at the very beginning as well for a double KO. They cannot avoid her attack nor can they withstand it.

You mention Quicksilver, he's not going to get to Storm. He has to physically move from where he is to where she is. She doesn't have to move anywhere to attack him. On top of that, STorm sticks to the air in most fights. Quicksilver cannot fly. Instances where he has ran on air, he is not as fast as a decent flier that I can recall. Yeah im just not even going to try.

King_Mungi
So apparently Storm's powers over the E-M spectrum is greater than Polaris. While she is doing all this to "block" Polaris' attacks everyone else will just be watching and enjoying the show

Also apparently going mach 10 is still to slow for QS to catch Storm

Brian Oswald
So apparently Storm's powers over the E-M spectrum is greater than Polaris. While she is doing all this to "block" Polaris' attacks everyone else will just be watching and enjoying the show

Also apparently going mach 10 is still to slow for QS to catch Storm and she starts the fight flying roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rutog98
No. Read Unlimited issue 7. She fought Candra there. She surrounded herself with an electrical aura that deflected all of Candra's TK assautls. AT the same time, she summoned hurricane winds, flew and controlled the lightning.

Storm is infamous for her multiple attacks. I thought everyone knew that. There was another issue where she was so weak and drained from Sauron feeding off of her while Sauron was at his peak from feeding off all the X-Men, yet, when they fought each other, she was qicker on the draw than he. She hit him with fog and snow and cold to blind him and freeze him and winds to batter him all at the same time.

In Uncanny 153, she battled this sky-scraper-sized Sidri creature in the air. She was very tired already, yet she created a massive tornado about the create with continual lightning strikes hitting it at the same time. This attack followed the creature wherever it flew.

She has done things like shoot a monsoon out of one hand while lightning out the other hand at the same time.

I can go on and on with examples of Storm and her multiple attacks.

King_Mungi
Are you familar with anything of the members of X-Factor have done? I assume you havn't as all you mentioned isn't much. Name all the feats you want, but apparently her reflexes are faster than a speedster that can go mach 10 and faster? ho-hum this is enjoyable.

inamilist
Wait, how does Storm have control over the EM spectrum??? thats an absurd claim.

Has she ever controlled light? has she ever modified infrared waves? no. At best, AT BEST, she can modify EM fields, which represent a minuscule part of the EM spectrum. It is basically the changing of the charge of ions, she has never shown any sort of minute ability to affect these things. If she has, I will refer to the "Chronic Underachiever" argument I made a few Storm threads back.

Rutog98
Are you familar with anything of the members of X-Factor have done? I assume you havn't as all you mentioned isn't much. Name all the feats you want, but apparently her reflexes are faster than a speedster that can go mach 10 and faster? ho-hum this is enjoyable.

Of course I have read X-Factor. The problem with Quicksilver and Storm is he has to move to get to her. If it were a race to see who could run from Point A to Point B faster, he would beat her hands down. However, that is not the case here. I don't care how fast his reaction time is, the fact is he has to travel to get to her while all she has to do is just will something to happen. He is not going to get to her before she can pull something off. Heck, she could be up in the air and out of his reach and deck him and the entire team with something that instantly takes them out.

King_Mungi
Of course I have read X-Factor. The problem with Quicksilver and Storm is he has to move to get to her. If it were a race to see who could run from Point A to Point B faster, he would beat her hands down. However, that is not the case here. I don't care how fast his reaction time is, the fact is he has to travel to get to her while all she has to do is just will something to happen. He is not going to get to her before she can pull something off. Heck, she could be up in the air and out of his reach and deck him and the entire team with something that instantly takes them out.

Mach 10...do you realize how much ground you can cover at mach 10? apparently not. Also QS has flown before by moving his feet so fast he ran on air..try again.

Rutog98
Originally posted by inamilist
Wait, how does Storm have control over the EM spectrum??? thats an absurd claim.

Has she ever controlled light? has she ever modified infrared waves? no. At best, AT BEST, she can modify EM fields, which represent a minuscule part of the EM spectrum. It is basically the changing of the charge of ions, she has never shown any sort of minute ability to affect these things. If she has, I will refer to the "Chronic Underachiever" argument I made a few Storm threads back.

Why are you trying to debate if Storm can manipulate the EM spectrum? How did this come up? I am guessing you are referring to my point about Storm surrounding herself in an protective electrical field/aura to use as a barrier to prevent Lorna's powers from entering her body, right? Polaris has to project energy into you to control the metal in you. Metal is hers to command as a byproduct of her magnetic powers. Put an energy barrier around your body and her magnetic powers would have to penetrate it to reach you. In other words, you have blocked her.

Rutog98
Mach 10...do you realize how much ground you can cover at mach 10? apparently not. Also QS has flown before by moving his feet so fast he ran on air..try again.

You have intentionally misread my post. I said that Quicksilver can run on air. I already anticipated your argument. He is MUCH slower on air than he is on the ground. I have never seen him do anything at any great speed in the air. If I am wrong, name an instance to disprove this.

He may be able to move at mach10, but thought is faster yet.

King_Mungi
Why are you trying to debate if Storm can manipulate the EM spectrum? How did this come up? I am guessing you are referring to my point about Storm surrounding herself in an protective electrical field/aura to use as a barrier to prevent Lorna's powers from entering her body, right? Polaris has to project energy into you to control the metal in you. Metal is hers to command as a byproduct of her magnetic powers. Put an energy barrier around your body and her magnetic powers would have to penetrate it to reach you. In other words, you have blocked her.

because if you actually believe merely electrivity can stop a non-jobbing Polaris you have another thing coming. Barriers and shields have failed against Polaris in the past.

You do realize Polaris can do oh so much more..wait, scratch that. Storm wins confused

inamilist

Wait...

A magnetic field is going to stop someone with control over magnetism...

that makes perfect sense...

King_Mungi
You have intentionally misread my post. I said that Quicksilver can run on air. I already anticipated your argument. He is MUCH slower on air than he is on the ground. I have never seen him do anything at any great speed in the air. If I am wrong, name an instance to disprove this.

He may be able to move at mach10, but thought is faster yet.

No you didn't, lying now? Not by much actually, but apparently Storm can think and move faster than him and her reflexes are faster to? confused You don't seem to grasp what really a speedster is.

QS ran from Genosha to Latveria in seconds in House of M...ta da.

Symmetric Chaos
I think some people are missing the difference between Storm and Lifegaurd

Rutog98
because if you actually believe merely electrivity can stop a non-jobbing Polaris you have another thing coming. Barriers and shields have failed against Polaris in the past.

You do realize Polaris can do oh so much more..wait, scratch that. Storm wins confused

I know that Lorna is powerful, but Storm is in a completely different power class altogether. STorm has to hold back against Magneto out of the risk of killing him. Ororo is far beyond Lorna.

King_Mungi
I know that Lorna is powerful, but Storm is in a completely different power class altogether. STorm has to hold back against Magneto out of the risk of killing him. Ororo is far beyond Lorna.

Actually no she isn't, and yet you claim Storm is so strong she still outclasses Havok who would destroy her and faster than QS and can take out X-Factor pretty much instantly? aaaaaannd your credibility just plummeted.

Rutog98
No you didn't, lying now? Not by much actually, but apparently Storm can think and move faster than him and her reflexes are faster to? confused You don't seem to grasp what really a speedster is.

QS ran from Genosha to Latveria in seconds in House of M...ta da.

House of M? Well, according to people I have debated with on this board, I can't use Storm feats from other realities and all. We are going to apply this all around.

BTW, I never stated that Storm thinks faster than QS. All I am saying is he does not move faster than thought and STorm's powers can work instantly. It does not matter if QS can think faster because he has to move from place a to b physically and he runs much slower than the speed of thought. If he could move at the speed of thought, he could go from Genosha to Latveria many times over in less than a second.

Also, if Storm is in the air, it doesn't matter how fast he can run. He is not going to reach her. If he tries to go into the air, Storm is much faster than he in that medium.

Rutog98
Actually no she isn't, and yet you claim Storm is so strong she still outclasses Havok who would destroy her and faster than QS and can take out X-Factor pretty much instantly? aaaaaannd your credibility just plummeted.

My credibility is there because the Magneto thing was taken right out of canon.

Polaris is a joke compared to STorm.

She kills Havok before he gets to her. All she has to do is manipulate the area around him and the entire field instantly. Her attacks start right on him and on every member of the team and the entire area. It doesn't even have to travel.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I think some people are missing the difference between Storm and Lifegaurd laughing laughing laughing

Rutog98
Wait...

A magnetic field is going to stop someone with control over magnetism...

that makes perfect sense...

She's using electricity to do this. Polaris does not beat Storm in control over electricity.

Candra is MUCH stronger than Lorna and Storm deflected her. Albeit, she is a telekinetic, but she is a much stronger mutant and STorm deflected her.

King_Mungi
House of M? Well, according to people I have debated with on this board, I can't use Storm feats from other realities and all. We are going to apply this all around.

BTW, I never stated that Storm thinks faster than QS. All I am saying is he does not move faster than thought and STorm's powers can work instantly. It does not matter if QS can think faster because he has to move from place a to b physically and he runs much slower than the speed of thought. If he could move at the speed of thought, he could go from Genosha to Latveria many times over in less than a second.

Also, if Storm is in the air, it doesn't matter how fast he can run. He is not going to reach her. If he tries to go into the air, Storm is much faster than he in that medium.

House of M wasn't an alternate reality, it was 616.

Actually you did, you claimed she could do all these feats and still react and avoid everyone's attacks including QS. His speed of thought is vastly higher than Storm's. That's even stated, he sees the world in slow motion and that's why he is so irritated as his whole life is like waiting in a long line-up at the grocery story. Even Northstar and Aurora's speed of thought are vastly superior to a normal humans and QS and Northstar can speed read and process all the information for more quickly than a normal human. I thought you said you read X-factor?

Prove to me she moves at multiple mach speeds that she can avoid a speedster. Prove to me she can counter Polaris, Havok and QS all "instantly" as you claim.

King_Mungi
My credibility is there because the Magneto thing was taken right out of canon.

Polaris is a joke compared to STorm.

She kills Havok before he gets to her. All she has to do is manipulate the area around him and the entire field instantly. Her attacks start right on him and on every member of the team and the entire area. It doesn't even have to travel.

haha right? roll eyes (sarcastic) compelling arguement

Havok gets to her? you do realize he has long-distance attacks and have actually been shown to take people so quick they didn't even know what happend...wait, you read X-Factor you should know this.

inamilist
She's using electricity to do this. Polaris does not beat Storm in control over electricity.

Candra is MUCH stronger than Lorna and Storm deflected her. Albeit, she is a telekinetic, but she is a much stronger mutant and STorm deflected her.

I'm not going to explain electromagnetism again

Rutog98
haha right? roll eyes (sarcastic) compelling arguement

Havok gets to her? you do realize he has long-distance attacks and have actually been shown to take people so quick they didn't even know what happend...wait, you read X-Factor you should know this.

Tell me when he has done this against a trained superpowered opponent without the advantage of a surprise attack?

Oh yeah, and according to X-Treme X-Men, Storm can see the electrons travelling through one's nervous system and know that they are going to attack before they even do. The issue further states that it gives her an advantage in any battle.

Rutog98
I'm not going to explain electromagnetism again

Yeah, its best you don't try to get into this with me because its canon where Storm was badly injured which greatly weakens her control over electricity, yet she was still able to challenge Magneto's control over electricity.

MAgneto>Polaris. Big time.

King_Mungi
Tell me when he has done this against a trained superpowered opponent without the advantage of a surprise attack?

Oh yeah, and according to X-Treme X-Men, Storm can see the electrons travelling through one's nervous system and know that they are going to attack before they even do. The issue further states that it gives her an advantage in any battle.

Actually he does it many times, I suggest you look at the Havok respect thread

and? Polaris can see those as well, but he is by no means a speedster. Unless your claiming that as well. Uhhh...you really havn't seen the power of Havok's blasts have you? and don't say you have, because your points thus far truely indicate you havn't.

2damnloud
Thats right, kick their asses Rutog98

King_Mungi
Thats right, lets ignore what other characters have done and just look at all the pretty things Storm has done

Symmetric Chaos
Thats right, lets ignore what other characters have done and just look at all the pretty things Storm has done

I likes the shineys she makes in the clouds

inamilist
To: Rutog and 2damnloud

Who do you think would be a good match for Storm then?

If this team is taken out without a problem who would pose a threat to Storm?

King_Mungi
I likes the shineys she makes in the clouds

I like how she instantly ownz everyone

Symmetric Chaos

Spectre and LT team up to win 2/10 stick out tongue

inamilist
Spectre and LT team up to win 2/10 stick out tongue

honestly though, I'm at a loss

Magneto
Thor
Iceman
Hulk
X-Factor

These are big guns.

Like, do they think she could beat Iron Man or Sentry?

ExtraMision5555
Is this classic roster with classic incarnations? or classic roster with current incarnations?

Symmetric Chaos
No idea I just made a thread to pit her agianst Lifegaurd lets see how that goes considering their tendency to keep amping up Storm's powers

Rutog98
honestly though, I'm at a loss

Magneto
Thor
Iceman
Hulk
X-Factor

These are big guns.

Like, do they think she could beat Iron Man or Sentry?

Wait a minute. Thor is WAY above those others. If you take out Thor, Storm outpowers anyone on the list one-on-one (save X-Factor, she outpowers the team collectively).

inamilist
Wait a minute. Thor is WAY above those others. If you take out Thor, Storm outpowers anyone on the list one-on-one (save X-Factor, she outpowers the team collectively).

Didn't you say that Storm could take Thor?

If not I apologize, I thought I saw that being tossed around somewhere.

Edit: Wait, are you also saying she beats Iron Man AND Sentry?

Symmetric Chaos

jawdrop

sad you are a very sad desulsional person

ExtraMision5555
storm outpowering iceman???

Rutog98

Sersi vs. Storm would be a huge problem. Sersi can control matter at the atomic level, but she can only affect a certain amount of mass without killing herself. Storm controlls the weather. If she creates a blizzard, put all of that snow together and you will have a tremendous amount of mass. Sersi can take a lot of punishment though. She has other abilities like TP and illusion casting, but Storm's extra-sensory abilities (namely her ability to perceive the universe as pattern of energy and forces and detect movement, etc) are a good counter to them. If Sersi manages to transmute STorm at the very beginning of the fight, Sersi wins, obviously. However, if Storm manages to pull something off to disorient Sersi first, then its a heck of a fight. Sersi has that very nasty transmutation power at her disposal while Storm has volume and mass on her side.

Dr. Strange vs. Storm would come down to who lands the first strike. She strikes him with lightning and he's gone. If he gets a spell off, she's gone.

Quasar would trump Storm.

The whole problem with Storm is generally she either beats you easily or you trump her easily. Given her full credit, she can fend off even the strongest of telepaths with her indomitable will. On top of this, her power over electricity has been expanded to be able to couter telepathy. She can muster sufficient brute force with her winds to level mountains, smash force-fields (including Magnto's) and much much more. Her powers are omni-directional. She can percieve the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend these forces to her will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, and more. Her control over the weather is an expression of this. This enables her to see through weather cover that would blind others as well as see through solid matter. She can wield lightning at near apacolyptic levels (the lady can focus all of the electrical power in a storm into a single blast. Don't get me started on how much energy that is. Its why I laugh at nukes when people try to bring it up in regards to STorm). She can generate pressure domes powerful enough to bulldoze her way out of mountains/icebergs. She can generate energy fields that deflect energy attacks and use her powers through force-fields (She has used her powers through Invisible WOman's and JEan's force-field). She is immune to temperature variation and cannot be directly harmed by weather manifestations. All of this is before she even evolves to her full potential. Her powers are comparable to that of Phoenix and she can potentially evolve into a true goddess and wield Dark Phoenix level powers. I can keep going on.

This makes it very tough to find an opponent for her. They would have to be so powerful (ala Silver Surfer) where these things won't matter too much (and still, a writer could have her battling Surfer if they wanted to use all of her continuity. If she can truly perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend them to her will...you get the drift. However, going by what she has done, if SS came to Earth, he would cream her. If a STorm vs. SS thread started up here, I would definately give it to him.) If you don't have the power to beat her easily, then you likely have powers she can counter and beat easily. She could very easily be an unbeatable character and has been written like that in the past in many issues. Its really hard to find a close match with her.

Sersi vs. Storm is a good fight. I'd say a 50/50.

Exodus (at BloodTies level) vs. STorm is a good fight too. While his TP would be useless against her, he is extremely powerful telekinetically.

Rutog98
Didn't you say that Storm could take Thor?

If not I apologize, I thought I saw that being tossed around somewhere.

Edit: Wait, are you also saying she beats Iron Man AND Sentry?

No. She does not beat Sentry. Sentry takes her out. Thor beats STorm too. I don't think he beats her as an elemental, but he has other attributes to his credit that really puts him over the top. This guy has lifted the Midgard Serpent. That creature can wrap around a planet. He was even drinking down the oceans in a story. This guy is bad news. lol!

I felt that Thor was VERY out of place on that list as he FAR outpowers the rest.

Rutog98
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
storm outpowering iceman???

Easily. The only way he could possibly beat her would be if he were at full potential and she were less than full potential. If he is at less the full potential, she creams him badly. He controls heat. She does too, but in much greater quantities. On top of it, she has much more in her arsenal than he. Its not even a contest as her powers beats his many different ways many times over.

Beta Ray Howard
I love how Rutog and 2damloud haven't produced one scan to back up their claims.

ExtraMision5555

Dr. Strange vs. Storm would come down to who lands the first strike.

Im sorry, but this is a bit bothersome
Dr. Strange is everything storm wishes she was

Rutog98
Im sorry, but this is a bit bothersome
Dr. Strange is everything storm wishes she was

At STorm's current power levels and where she is in her mutation, Dr. STrange's powers are certainly more dangerous in a fight. I mean, each one got to have the chance to work their power, Dr. Strange can come up with more scary stuff. However, he is human and has human reaction and has to have time to work his incantation. If Storm is faster on the draw, she will win. If he has the chance to get off a spell, she loses. She has no real defense against his powers that I can think of.

I should have clarified better. Dr. Strange has a more potent arsenal than Storm right now. However, this could change if Storm's powers were to evolve more or if certain aspects of her powers that have been established were established more. As things stand now, however, Dr. Strange has the more potent arsenal.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I love how Rutog and 2damloud haven't produced one scan to back up their claims.

I don't have a scanner. What is it that I am claiming that you question?

Beta Ray Howard
At STorm's current power levels and where she is in her mutation, Dr. STrange's powers are certainly more dangerous in a fight. I mean, each one got to have the chance to work their power, Dr. Strange can come up with more scary stuff. However, he is human and has human reaction and has to have time to work his incantation. If Storm is faster on the draw, she will win. If he has the chance to get off a spell, she loses. She has no real defense against his powers that I can think of.

no expression

Brian Oswald
At STorm's current power levels and where she is in her mutation, Dr. STrange's powers are certainly more dangerous in a fight. I mean, each one got to have the chance to work their power, Dr. Strange can come up with more scary stuff. However, he is human and has human reaction and has to have time to work his incantation. If Storm is faster on the draw, she will win. If he has the chance to get off a spell, she loses. She has no real defense against his powers that I can think of. so LT > Storm?

ExtraMision5555
However, he is human and has human reaction and has to have time to work his incantation.

So heres where apples and oranges begin to mix up
Dr. strange has fought people who surpass storm (strictly speed speaking) in every way

not to mention

storm is also a human

a mutant, but a human, none the less

im just a bit confused at waht your trying to say
are you saying storm has a chance against dr strange?
becuase lets be real

she doesnt

inamilist
Sersi and Exodus, ok

Not Thor and Sentry. Ya, I admit Thor was the one that had me the most bewildered. Hopefully I was just misreading something.

Not Quasar or Surfer, but maybe?

Fastest draw in the west against Strange.... errr

Thats not necessarily the power bracket I'd put Storm in, but I'm done arguing. Danke stick out tongue

Rutog98
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
so LT > Storm?

Of course. Why the sarcasm? What I said about Storm possibly beating Dr. STrange is completely plausible. I am saying if she can strike him with lightning before he can get off a spell, he loses. This would be the same for Dr. STrange vs. Candra or Invisible Woman or anyone. If you are going to fight this guy, unless you are something like Hela or Loki, you want to hit him before he can get an attack off. Photon would beat Dr. STrange (though I think he is more powerful than she) because of her speed, IMHO.

ExtraMision5555
Of course. Why the sarcasm? What I said about Storm possibly beating Dr. STrange is completely plausible. I am saying if she can strike him with lightning before he can get off a spell, he loses. This would be the same for Dr. STrange vs. Candra or Invisible Woman or anyone. If you are going to fight this guy, unless you are something like Hela or Loki, you want to hit him before he can get an attack off. Photon would beat Dr. STrange (though I think he is more powerful than she) because of her speed, IMHO.

incase you didnt know
strange does have auto shields that have hindered a speed blitz in teh past

Brian Oswald
Of course. Why the sarcasm? What I said about Storm possibly beating Dr. STrange is completely plausible. I am saying if she can strike him with lightning before he can get off a spell, he loses. This would be the same for Dr. STrange vs. Candra or Invisible Woman or anyone. If you are going to fight this guy, unless you are something like Hela or Loki, you want to hit him before he can get an attack off. Photon would beat Dr. STrange (though I think he is more powerful than she) because of her speed, IMHO. Strange has auto-shields wink

Rutog98
incase you didnt know

Would it protect him from Photon's energy forms or just from someone like Quicksilver (who is VERY slow compared to Photon)? Photon can just pass through most shields. I have not seen her against magic though.

ExtraMision5555
Would it protect him from Photon's energy forms or just from someone like Quicksilver (who is VERY slow compared to Photon)? Photon can just pass through most shields. I have not seen her against magic though.

i believe so
it has blocked some pertty hard anus attacks
i dont think photon would be much of a problem
blocking a blitz, atleast

Rutog98
i believe so
it has blocked some pertty hard anus attacks
i dont think photon would be much of a problem
blocking a blitz, atleast

I did not know this about him. Wow. He's just gone up in my mind. Thanks!

inamilist
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6447/01ug8.th.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8169/03jl0.th.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/528/04fj8.th.jpg

Thats what I'm sayin'

Man-Thing >>>>>>>>>> LT

Brian Oswald
talk about Storm's reaction time http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers14.png

eek!

xmarksthespot
Sersi? Bloodties Exodus? Dr Strange?

Credibility shot to shit right there. Oh wait:

"There is continuity enough for each of the two characters for the battle to swing either way. While Thor did beat Storm pretty easily in Contest of Champions 2, there is certainly enough continuity on Storm's side as well for the battle to just as easily have gone the other way."

"As for Thor trumping Storm in weather control, only if Storm isn't given the full range of her abilities (and I don't mean her full potential as Thor is a joke compared to her full potential. Give Storm her full range of powers at this point in her evolution and she trumps Thor). Given this, she trumps him. Sorry. Thor is not weather control incarnate or anything such thing. Storm is. Her ability to command the forces of nature is purely innate. Thor requires the aid of a dohickey. At times, ignorant writers have had him use the weather without the hammer, but he is certainly not Storm nor does he approach her in the degree of fine-tune control she has over the elements."

"I'm talking about Thor without the OdinForce. I should have specified. OdinForce Thor defeats current Storm, however, STorm can very realistically defeat non-Odin Force Thor."

"Honestly, after reading everything, I don't believe that Thor is more powerful than Storm."

"Personally, I don't think it would be out-of-character for Storm to turm Thor's powers against him."

"Now that I think of it, I don't think Thor has an advantage over STorm at all. I think STorm vs. Thor should be a toss-up with Storm having greater control over the forces of nature and Thor having his other superhuman attributes he can bring to bear. However, Storm evolves and she trounces Thor badly."

There never was any credibility to begin with.

X-Factor wins.

Rutog98
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Sersi? Bloodties Exodus? Dr Strange?

Credibility shot to shit right there. Oh wait:

"There is continuity enough for each of the two characters for the battle to swing either way. While Thor did beat Storm pretty easily in Contest of Champions 2, there is certainly enough continuity on Storm's side as well for the battle to just as easily have gone the other way."

"As for Thor trumping Storm in weather control, only if Storm isn't given the full range of her abilities (and I don't mean her full potential as Thor is a joke compared to her full potential. Give Storm her full range of powers at this point in her evolution and she trumps Thor). Given this, she trumps him. Sorry. Thor is not weather control incarnate or anything such thing. Storm is. Her ability to command the forces of nature is purely innate. Thor requires the aid of a dohickey. At times, ignorant writers have had him use the weather without the hammer, but he is certainly not Storm nor does he approach her in the degree of fine-tune control she has over the elements."

"I'm talking about Thor without the OdinForce. I should have specified. OdinForce Thor defeats current Storm, however, STorm can very realistically defeat non-Odin Force Thor."

"Honestly, after reading everything, I don't believe that Thor is more powerful than Storm."

"Personally, I don't think it would be out-of-character for Storm to turm Thor's powers against him."

"Now that I think of it, I don't think Thor has an advantage over STorm at all. I think STorm vs. Thor should be a toss-up with Storm having greater control over the forces of nature and Thor having his other superhuman attributes he can bring to bear. However, Storm evolves and she trounces Thor badly."

There never was any credibility to begin with.

X-Factor wins.

True, I did state this recently on another board. However, I read some compelling arguments and had to take into consideration Thor's other powers. I then reconsidered and now think Thor has the advantage over Storm because of his other powers outside of his elemental abilities. I stated very plainly here that I don't think Thor to be the superior elemental. I still stand behind that and I still stand behind Storm at full potential topping Thor based on the fact that she has the potential to have power on Dark Phoenix levels.

In regards to Sersi, Dr. Strange, Bloodties Exodus, it amazing to me how you intentionally misread what I stated. I said that Dr. Strange has the more potent arsenal. I was not aware that he had auto-shields on and all. After finding that out, I agreed that Dr. Strange would just beat her flat out.

In regards to Storm vs. Sersi, I can defend that well.

Bloodties Exodus vs. Storm is another toss-up. Again, I can defend it well.

xmarksthespot
True, I did state this recently on another board. However, I read some compelling arguments and had to take into consideration Thor's other powers. I then reconsidered and now think Thor has the advantage over Storm because of his other powers outside of his elemental abilities. I stated very plainly here that I don't think Thor to be the superior elemental. I still stand behind that and I still stand behind Storm at full potential topping Thor based on the fact that she has the potential to have power on Dark Phoenix levels.

In regards to Sersi, Dr. Strange, Bloodties Exodus, it amazing to me how you intentionally misread what I stated. I said that Dr. Strange has the more potent arsenal. I was not aware that he had auto-shields on and all. After finding that out, I agreed that Dr. Strange would just beat her flat out. Saying stupid things out of lack of knowledge of the other character doesn't do anything to improve credibility.
In regards to Storm vs. Sersi, I can defend that well.

Bloodties Exodus vs. Storm is another toss-up. Again, I can defend it well. Sersi? Bloodties Exodus? Credibility shot to shit right there.

Lucid Lui
I would like to see just how Storm would beat either Sersi or Exodus, i'm in need of a laugh.

Rutog98
Saying stupid things out of lack of knowledge of the other character doesn't do anything to improve credibility.
Sersi? Bloodties Exodus? Credibility shot to shit right there.

1) The whole purpose of debating is to argue the merits of one character against another to see who truly is the mightier. This means making one or the other party aware of some attributes of certain characters that one may not be aware of.

2) You don't have any credibility when it comes to Storm vs. Sersi or Exodus or anything since you don't give her credit even for things that have been stated and shown about her in continuity. It is your credit that is shot to blazes. You have Storm's power levels set in your head at a certain level and you refuse to accept any continuity that places her above it. You willingly turn a blind eye to it. IT is something that not only the other 3 STorm fans and I have noted about you, but even other posters did as well when I came to this board. I won over a lot of people in the Storm vs. Jean thread when we debated Storm vs. JEan and Storm vs. Magneto. I saw how they commented on it in other threads only to be insulted by you and the other posters who opposed me there.

From what I have posted about Storm vs. Sersi and you can't see how I could call it a 50/50 shows that you are close-minded and ignorant. IF Sersi can only transmute a certain amount of mass without killing herself, Storm can produce precipitation like snow in VAST quantities very easily. In other words, Sersi can't find her. You can forget about Sersi locating Storm telepathically since Storm can hide her minds from telepaths so that they can't locate her. In other words, Sersi is fighting Storm blind while Ororo will ALWAYS know where she is and where to direct her attacks.

Storm vs. Exodus, Exodus might as well forget that he's a telepath. Storm has bested telepaths stronger than Exodus. Its a 50/50 fight because he is a very strong telekinetic. Storm has defenses against telekinetic and she could even use the same strategy against Sersi against this guy. Then she can produce a great amount of force with her elemental powers and attack Exodus many different ways. Not only that, but her attacks, like her winds, are very long lasting. They hit perpetually and with tremendous force. Furthermore, it doesn't tire out Storm. For instance, she creates a storm and is rendered unconscious, her storm attack will continue on its own even if she is unconscious since nature continues it for her. This happens till it runs out of steam or she decides to stop it. This gives her a HUGE advantage against any telekinetic since a psi has to continually use their power and concentration to try and attack another opponent and shield themselves.

You think Jean without the PF>Storm. That is a complete joke right there. Without the PF, Jean Grey isn't even that powerful. Storm, on the other hand, is vastly powerful. There is no refuting that.

I mean, you try and state that STorm is at her full potential right now. I argued that its been stated that she will one day evolve into a true goddess in X-Treme issue 5. You tried very hard to ignore that issue till I kept shoving it in your face and even had to quote the issue in front of everyone till you finally (and grudginly) went along with it. Chris Claremont stated in very plain english that STorm's powers were about equal to that of Phoenix's in the 80s, but you always want to ignore that. HE wrote a story which firmly established that Storm can potentially wield power on the level of Dark Phoenix's. You wanted to ignore that.

I'm going to tell you now, if you have a Phoenix-level elemental, then they are easily in the power class I discuss no here. It is not far fetched and this is why Storm has been written to be near unbeatable in so many stories.

nvrbeenwthagirl
1) The whole purpose of debating is to argue the merits of one character against another to see who truly is the mightier. This means making one or the other party aware of some attributes of certain characters that one may not be aware of.

2) You don't have any credibility when it comes to Storm vs. Sersi or Exodus or anything since you don't give her credit even for things that have been stated and shown about her in continuity. It is your credit that is shot to blazes. You have Storm's power levels set in your head at a certain level and you refuse to accept any continuity that places her above it. You willingly turn a blind eye to it. IT is something that not only the other 3 STorm fans and I have noted about you, but even other posters did as well when I came to this board. I won over a lot of people in the Storm vs. Jean thread when we debated Storm vs. JEan and Storm vs. Magneto. I saw how they commented on it in other threads only to be insulted by you and the other posters who opposed me there.

From what I have posted about Storm vs. Sersi and you can't see how I could call it a 50/50 shows that you are close-minded and ignorant. IF Sersi can only transmute a certain amount of mass without killing herself, Storm can produce precipitation like snow in VAST quantities very easily. In other words, Sersi can't find her. You can forget about Sersi locating Storm telepathically since Storm can hide her minds from telepaths so that they can't locate her. In other words, Sersi is fighting Storm blind while Ororo will ALWAYS know where she is and where to direct her attacks.

Storm vs. Exodus, Exodus might as well forget that he's a telepath. Storm has bested telepaths stronger than Exodus. Its a 50/50 fight because he is a very strong telekinetic. Storm has defenses against telekinetic and she could even use the same strategy against Sersi against this guy. Then she can produce a great amount of force with her elemental powers and attack Exodus many different ways. Not only that, but her attacks, like her winds, are very long lasting. They hit perpetually and with tremendous force. Furthermore, it doesn't tire out Storm. For instance, she creates a storm and is rendered unconscious, her storm attack will continue on its own even if she is unconscious since nature continues it for her. This happens till it runs out of steam or she decides to stop it. This gives her a HUGE advantage against any telekinetic since a psi has to continually use their power and concentration to try and attack another opponent and shield themselves.

You think Jean without the PF>Storm. That is a complete joke right there. Without the PF, Jean Grey isn't even that powerful. Storm, on the other hand, is vastly powerful. There is no refuting that.

I mean, you try and state that STorm is at her full potential right now. I argued that its been stated that she will one day evolve into a true goddess in X-Treme issue 5. You tried very hard to ignore that issue till I kept shoving it in your face and even had to quote the issue in front of everyone till you finally (and grudginly) went along with it. Chris Claremont stated in very plain english that STorm's powers were about equal to that of Phoenix's in the 80s, but you always want to ignore that. HE wrote a story which firmly established that Storm can potentially wield power on the level of Dark Phoenix's. You wanted to ignore that.

I'm going to tell you now, if you have a Phoenix-level elemental, then they are easily in the power class I discuss no here. It is not far fetched and this is why Storm has been written to be near unbeatable in so many stories.

Your post was a bit long, But I must disagree with you on one point, jean without the PF is still as powerful or more than Storm. Jean was able to hold an entire what ever that was that Magneto tried to drop on the xmen at illyana's funeral. She was also able to hold the juggernaut at bay.

xmarksthespot

I'm going to tell you now, if you have a Phoenix-level elemental, then they are easily in the power class I discuss no here. It is not far fetched and this is why Storm has been written to be near unbeatable in so many stories. I can list the very few people who have agreed with you in any threads on the outcomes of the battles. I can count them on my fingers.

montrail
2damnloud
HandofFate
The Weather God

Oh and don't shiv on occasion. Who really posts nothing more than rambling gibberish.

That is all. You've convinced no one that Storm would beat Magneto. Zero. Zilch. Other than the same fanboys who pretty much always think Storm wins. Nor Jean Grey that I can recall. Do go and find these scores of other people.

Sersi doesn't need to transmute the Earth to beat Storm. All she has to do is turn her into a donkey. Or blast her with her eyes. Or just fly at her and punch her with strength that KOed Hercules.

Bloodties Exodus simultaneously fought the Avengers and X-Men including Storm while simultaneously exerting telepathic influence over Genosha and crushing the island nation.

I didn't state anything about her being at full potential. Writers could upgrade her whenever they want, but specious speculation about things she's never done are worthless. I didn't go along with anything, a single passing line "I'm not there yet." means she's going to be an abstract? roll eyes (sarcastic)

She doesn't stand a prayer against Bloodties Exodus or Sersi.

rougeredmage
i personally think that storm in this instance is totally doomed. firstly she is out numbered. secondally she is fighting a group of charcters with a wide range of powers. while storm does have an advantage that she can fly both polaris and quicksilver can fly ( even though he cant maintain his flight) as for ground wise storm is out numbered. oh and if she does use to the tornado on the group it will just spawn more mulltipple men

Rutog98
You and your side tried to argue that Storm's greatest winds are 300 mph. When I bring up instances (like her lifting a skyscraper), you try to argue that she can't really lift one even when other posters posted the picture. That was just LAUGHABLE. Were you the guy who stated that Storm was not lifting it, but pushing it down after Torch destroyed everything that was holding it up? I remember that and I made a fool out of you (or whoever said that as it clearly went against what was stated and shown in the issue.)The winds came from underneath tht ebuilding and lifted it into the sky. Storm was flying in the air with the building suspended ABOVE her with her winds. LOL! She flew from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes. You wanted to ignore that. She redirected Sienna Blazes full power with her winds and electricity and you wanted to ignore that. By the way, Sienna Blaze throws FAR more powerful blasts or anything than Exodus or Sersi. Her powers are more one-dimension, but for sheer power and strength, she is more powerful than either Magneto or Exodus and Storm redirected her full power. She smashed MAgneto's force-field with her winds. IT was very silly and hiliarious how you and your side tried to argue that she could not and did not in that issue. You people could not even stick to a story as I punched holes in all of you foolish arguments. You tried to say that he dropped the force field right before she dropped her tornado after she had given him warning that she going to use a very powerful attack besides her lightning. That was too ridiculous and I harped on it so much that you had to drop it. This is true especially since I asked you to point out the panel where he was shown without his force-field before the tornado. Then your side tried to argue that he dropped his force field so he could absorb her bioelectric blasts. Yet, I pointed out how he stuck his hand through his force-field just like the picture showed. You ignored the entire issue there just to try and get around Storm knocking down his force-field. Then you tried arguing that he withstood and bested Phoenix and Phoenix is way beyond STorm. That didn't work because in the same issue, Storm overpowered and nearly killed him. For the coup de fras, 2damnloud posted the Claremont interview that stated Storm's powers were equal to Phoenix's and I stated how Claremont posted on a board a few years ago that Storm and Phoenix were equals and each had the power and will to end life on the planet. He further stated that they held each other in check.

Then you got very silly and tried to say that MAgneto could block Galactus. I agreed and stated that Galactus is stronger than STorm and yes Magneto did block a blast from him. However, that blast obvously just a VERY small fraction of his power since it would be PIS for Magneto do block anything more and that Storm was FAR more powerful than that blast. It did not even do much damage to the area. Sienna Blaze throws much stronger blasts than what Galactus did. I am not even convinced that Galactus' blast was stronger than one of Gambits charged cards in that instance as no measurement or statement of the blast's power was stated.

Then you tried to aruge the atomic bomb crap. BTW, that is PIS since the extreme heat should have nullified his field. However, I let it slide. You tried the argue that being stronger than Storm's winds by limiting her winds to the 300 mph thing though she had accomplished many feats by generating winds FAR stronger than that. In other words, you are trying to put her winds in a category and say they CAN"T be this strong because if they are, they kill your argument despite the fact that we cannot put limits on Storm's winds. We just have to give them the credit for what they are able to accomplish in the comics since she goes far beyond the scope of any real life hurricane or tornado scale or model pretty regularly.

Rutog98
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Your post was a bit long, But I must disagree with you on one point, jean without the PF is still as powerful or more than Storm. Jean was able to hold an entire what ever that was that Magneto tried to drop on the xmen at illyana's funeral. She was also able to hold the juggernaut at bay.

Jean did not do this. MAgneto's powers were still holding it up, however, the more he was being hurt in the fight, the less fiorm his grip became. JEan tried to add her power to his, but it was too much for her.

Also Storm is more powerful than Magneto. Magneto has even stated that Storm can beat him if she did not hold back.

Rutog98
Originally posted by rougeredmage
i personally think that storm in this instance is totally doomed. firstly she is out numbered. secondally she is fighting a group of charcters with a wide range of powers. while storm does have an advantage that she can fly both polaris and quicksilver can fly ( even though he cant maintain his flight) as for ground wise storm is out numbered. oh and if she does use to the tornado on the group it will just spawn more mulltipple men

The tornado will take out all the other members of the group. If MM is the only one left, she just instantly freezes him and all of his dupes. MM is nothing for Storm to handle.

xmarksthespot
You and your side tried to argue that Storm's greatest winds are 300 mph. When I bring up instances (like her lifting a skyscraper), you try to argue that she can't really lift one even when other posters posted the picture. That was just LAUGHABLE. Were you the guy who stated that Storm was not lifting it, but pushing it down after Torch destroyed everything that was holding it up? I remember that and I made a fool out of you (or whoever said that as it clearly went against what was stated and shown in the issue.)The winds came from underneath tht ebuilding and lifted it into the sky. Storm was flying in the air with the building suspended ABOVE her with her winds. LOL! She flew from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes. You wanted to ignore that. She redirected Sienna Blazes full power with her winds and electricity and you wanted to ignore that. By the way, Sienna Blaze throws FAR more powerful blasts or anything than Exodus or Sersi. Her powers are more one-dimension, but for sheer power and strength, she is more powerful than either Magneto or Exodus and Storm redirected her full power. She smashed MAgneto's force-field with her winds. IT was very silly and hiliarious how you and your side tried to argue that she could not and did not in that issue. You people could not even stick to a story as I punched holes in all of you foolish arguments. You tried to say that he dropped the force field right before she dropped her tornado after she had given him warning that she going to use a very powerful attack besides her lightning. That was too ridiculous and I harped on it so much that you had to drop it. This is true especially since I asked you to point out the panel where he was shown without his force-field before the tornado. Then your side tried to argue that he dropped his force field so he could absorb her bioelectric blasts. Yet, I pointed out how he stuck his hand through his force-field just like the picture showed. You ignored the entire issue there just to try and get around Storm knocking down his force-field. Then you tried arguing that he withstood and bested Phoenix and Phoenix is way beyond STorm. That didn't work because in the same issue, Storm overpowered and nearly killed him. For the coup de fras, 2damnloud posted the Claremont interview that stated Storm's powers were equal to Phoenix's and I stated how Claremont posted on a board a few years ago that Storm and Phoenix were equals and each had the power and will to end life on the planet. He further stated that they held each other in check.

Then you got very silly and tried to say that MAgneto could block Galactus. I agreed and stated that Galactus is stronger than STorm and yes Magneto did block a blast from him. However, that blast obvously just a VERY small fraction of his power since it would be PIS for Magneto do block anything more and that Storm was FAR more powerful than that blast. It did not even do much damage to the area. Sienna Blaze throws much stronger blasts than what Galactus did. I am not even convinced that Galactus' blast was stronger than one of Gambits charged cards in that instance as no measurement or statement of the blast's power was stated.

Then you tried to aruge the atomic bomb crap. BTW, that is PIS since the extreme heat should have nullified his field. However, I let it slide. You tried the argue that being stronger than Storm's winds by limiting her winds to the 300 mph thing though she had accomplished many feats by generating winds FAR stronger than that. In other words, you are trying to put her winds in a category and say they CAN"T be this strong because if they are, they kill your argument despite the fact that we cannot put limits on Storm's winds. We just have to give them the credit for what they are able to accomplish in the comics since she goes far beyond the scope of any real life hurricane or tornado scale or model pretty regularly. For the most part all you're doing is confusing things Darkcrawler and batdude have posted with things that I have. no expression

Still waiting for the scores and scores of people who you've "convinced" that Storm beats Magneto. smile

guy222
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6447/01ug8.th.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8169/03jl0.th.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/528/04fj8.th.jpg

Thats what I'm sayin'

Man-Thing >>>>>>>>>> LT

Ok

LT>>ManThing

Rutog98
In order for Sersi to transmute STorm into anything or punch her, she would have to be able to locate STorm first. Hence, I stated at the very beginning that if Storm can get around Ssersi transmuting her the first second of the battle, the battle becomes messy. If Storm can come up with something quick and clever to put Sersi off balance at the very beginning, Storm can steal Sersi's vision with weather cover and shield her mind from TP detection so that Sersi can't locate her to direct her transmuting attacks or energy blasts or punches anything. Her only hope would be to transmute all of the snow (which is being continually generated in vast quantities by nature compliments of our favorite weather goddess). That's too much mass.

For something clever at the very beginning, Storm could just instantly glow very bring to flash blind Sersi from the offset of the fight. Its simple and quick and should distract Sersi before she can transmute Storm as transmutation is something that much more complex than this.

guy222
incase you didnt know

Strange uses silly tricks

Rutog98
For the most part all you're doing is confusing things Darkcrawler and batdude have posted with things that I have. no expression

Still waiting for the scores and scores of people who you've "convinced" that Storm beats Magneto. smile

Irregardless of who said it, my points are still rock solid.

Darth Macabre
Irregardless of who said it, my points are still rock solid. Not really....You said the heat would destroy his shields, which is false. By controlling the electromagnetic spectrum he can renew his shields all he wants; by the way, if the scan I think you mean is what you're talking about, he took that without shields.

Oh, and irregardless is uncalled for; the proper word would be just regular, plain old regardless.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Not really....You said the heat would destroy his shields, which is false. By controlling the electromagnetic spectrum he can renew his shields all he wants; by the way, if the scan I think you mean is what you're talking about, he took that without shields.

Oh, and irregardless is uncalled for; the proper word would be just regular, plain old regardless.

as nit picky as that sounds, i was quesitnoing taht as well
rofl

laughing out loud

inamilist
Originally posted by guy222
Ok

LT>>ManThing

ok, so Strange can beat abstracts that attack him by surprise, but Man-Thing defeats him, easily I might add.

I don't know what else to tell you, Man-Thing is cosmic level, just nobody gives him any respect.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Not really....You said the heat would destroy his shields, which is false. By controlling the electromagnetic spectrum he can renew his shields all he wants; by the way, if the scan I think you mean is what you're talking about, he took that without shields.

Okay, I am confused here. Was it in Magneto War where people are saying that he took the atomic bomb? If this is so, then its null and void since he was hooked up to a machine that was amplifying his power. Also, the nukes did not even destroy the building he was in. I thought they were referring to another issue.

Which scan are you referring to?

Bentley
In order for Sersi to transmute STorm into anything or punch her, she would have to be able to locate STorm first. Hence, I stated at the very beginning that if Storm can get around Ssersi transmuting her the first second of the battle, the battle becomes messy. If Storm can come up with something quick and clever to put Sersi off balance at the very beginning, Storm can steal Sersi's vision with weather cover and shield her mind from TP detection so that Sersi can't locate her to direct her transmuting attacks or energy blasts or punches anything. Her only hope would be to transmute all of the snow (which is being continually generated in vast quantities by nature compliments of our favorite weather goddess). That's too much mass.

For something clever at the very beginning, Storm could just instantly glow very bring to flash blind Sersi from the offset of the fight. Its simple and quick and should distract Sersi before she can transmute Storm as transmutation is something that much more complex than this.

I'm not entirely up to date in this discusion, but you are drawing straws here. If you were using that argument in a tournament you would just loose.

guy222
Originally posted by inimalist
ok, so Strange can beat abstracts that attack him by surprise, but Man-Thing defeats him, easily I might add.

I don't know what else to tell you, Man-Thing is cosmic level, just nobody gives him any respect.

Good point. For the thread. X Factor ftw

LordFear

Are you insane?
IronMan?
how heavily do you do drugs my friend?
Listen I have been reading the rhetoric that you perceive as argument for Storm in this encounter and have stayed silent because some of the member's abilities elude me, but IronMan?
I know everything inside out out of that character and I AM TELLING YOU THAT STORM IS not besting Tony.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist

blink

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Storm, the supposed Omega Level

vs

Wolfbane
Strong Guy
Havoc
Multiple Man
Quicksilver
Polaris

If she can beat Hulk, can she take a team that Hulk defeated by himself?

Polaris solos Storm. erm

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Polaris solos Storm. erm

QF mother ****ing T.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.